Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,031 members, 7,810,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti (11442 Views)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Metrix147: 12:50pm On Feb 27
Governor of Abia State, Dr. Alex Otti says the Geometric Power Project inaugurated by his administration on Monday in Osisioma has the potential of rejuvenating economic and social growth in the state.

The governor stated this in his speech during the project inauguration done by Vice President, Kashim Shettima.

The governor while emphasizing that the project is very special and dear to his heart added that it will position the state as a preferred destination for enterprise growth, family life, and leisure.

He applauded the former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, for giving the initial waivers to Geometric, which helped in de-risking the transaction.

He added, "I thank specifically, the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, CFR, who was the Chairman of Diamond Bank at the time, and who played a significant role in the resolution of the ownership tussle of the ring fence tussle. I cannot fail to recognise Prof. Okey Oramah, who got Afreximbank, his bank, to support the project with the required funding to get to the last mile. Many thanks to Engnr Mele Kyari, the GMD of NNPC, who God used to solve the gas problem.

"This city is very pivotal to the economic trajectory of Nigeria and the West Africa region, and I knew for a fact that if we got the fundamentals right, Aba would not just be a city that makes millionaires of dreamers, it would become, a land of solutions to the many socio-economic problems that assail us – including worrisome level of youth unemployment and pervasive poverty.

"My faith in Aba as an economic powerhouse meant that when I first saw the proposal for the Geometric Integrated Power Plant, I knew I had to be involved immediately because if just 50% of what had been proposed could be achieved, the industrial output from this great city and its environs would triple and millions of new jobs would be created directly and indirectly in the short to medium term.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/geometric-power-project-dear-to-my-heart-will-rejuvenate-economic-social-growth-otti/

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Massiveglory: 1:00pm On Feb 27
Definitely a game changer.
A new Nigeria is POssible

45 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by 123yes(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27
He who laughs last, laughs the best as the saying goes. Abia people have suffered under three wicked governors that have ruled the state since the return of democracy in 1999. Today God has given a governor that cares for the cry of his people. Well-done my governor. I pray that you succeed where others fail.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Offpoint1: 3:23pm On Feb 27
Every state needs this

13 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Walai(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27
Abia people should set aside one day every year to celebrate that FUTO VC returning officer that refused bribe.
She saved the future of millions

149 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by adamusuleiman2: 3:23pm On Feb 27
Kudos to everyone involved plus the past PDP governors and the APC government. I remember Ikpeazu in sky blue shirt below traveling to South Africa for this project and Osibanjo helping them remove bottle necks in Nigeria along the way.

In a bid to ensure that such an important project did not go into extinction, given its strategic benefits to the people and area as an industrial, technological and commercial hub of not just Abia State but also that of the entire South- East and beyond, Ikpeazu took it upon himself to intervene and initiated several meetings between Geometric Power and Interstate Electric Company Ltd with a view to amicably resolving the matter in the overall interest of the people. He further escalated the issue with the then Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and after several follow-up meetings, the matter was amicably resolved.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ikpeazus-footprints-in-geometric-power-project-success-story/

94 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Bolajidouu(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27
Nobody is more excited about this project than me, it's time for Abia to become another china

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Noniblaq(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27
If this Geometric Power Project powers aba 24/7. Aba will take over o

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 3:24pm On Feb 27
This project took almost 2 decades to complete just 181MW of electric power.

The Nigerian standard of efficiency and urgency is quite embarrassing.

Now those celebrating this will expect other state and federal governments to give them similar project in 1yr.

A private firm spent $800m for almost 2 decades to provide 181MW power to only 9 out of 17 LGAs in Abia state.

Again, those rejoicing will expect FG to spend only $100m to provide thousands of MW electricity within 1year.

Are we not an absurd bunch?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by illuminutty: 3:24pm On Feb 27
Otti The Greatest...

Make water carry Okezie IKPUazu and his yeye party Dey go to where they will never come close to the seat of power in Abia State again.

16 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Ebukamatth(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by bonechamberlain(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27
The working governor.

Eastern billionaires have no excuse again not to invest in the east, if they are truly sincere to invest in the east. Barth Nnaji put igbo interest first before putting his personal interest. Unfortunately investors from the east want to make quick returns hence the usual excuses they give.
Anambra has Nnewi, Abia has Aba. Other states should follow suit

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by 43Ronin: 3:24pm On Feb 27
U try
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Built2last: 3:24pm On Feb 27
What's amazing is that this project was marked to take 250 million dollars, inflation took it to 800 million dollars.

If we arrest Abubakar Mallami and all the Buhari cabal. we will get 10 billion dollars and replicate this in many states. and let that be the starting point

10 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Hambivert: 3:25pm On Feb 27
Nigeria has what it takes to be great, but Nepotism, Tribal sentiments, Corruption have sidelined us to the corridors of Mediocrity.

We know the problem, we've always known
...but we don't want the Solution

Congratulations to Ndị Abia. More private firms need to venture into the energy sector and make the East sustainable.

6 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by meolaniyi(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27
Time to industalise igbo land

18 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by EverythingPhone(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27
Abia state is in d hands of God

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Onyeigbo10000: 3:26pm On Feb 27
If inec didn't rig obi out.

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by derecho(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27
Kikikiki
Tinubu dogs are not happy o

3 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by SpartaOfLagos: 3:27pm On Feb 27
God will continue to prosper the entire south east states Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by meum: 3:27pm On Feb 27
Nice one Gov.Alex Otti

Hardship & Palliatives are dear to APC’s heart

It took your administration only 9months to ensure the commissioning of a seventeen-year old project. It is really dear to your heart. Others are busy blaming past administration(s). Funnily enough they were part and parcel of the administration(s) they blame.

Person wey ready work no get time to blame anybody. If E no Dey it didn’t dey. #Fact

10 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by SoNature(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27
Citizens of every country commit crimes. But when government officials perpetuate crimes by asking for bribes and always putting their interests first, the world will never take you seriously. Those vested interests in government nearly killed this $800 million power project!

3 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by adamusuleiman2: 3:29pm On Feb 27
Onyeigbo10000:
If inec didn't rig obi out.
We already saw his woeful performance in Anambra. A lizard in Anambra won't turn to a crocodile in Abuja.

Ps. This project was extremely close to completion before Otti who was an APC man till June or July 2022 was sworn in.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by sirray001: 3:29pm On Feb 27
Walai:
Abia people should set aside one day every year to celebrate that FUTO VP returning officer that refused bribe.
She saved the future of millions
Na FUTO VC and not VP

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by atobs4real(m): 3:31pm On Feb 27
Very dear to me too.
Good development

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by SpartaOfLagos: 3:31pm On Feb 27
StOla:
This project took almost 2 decades to complete just 188MW of electric power.

Now those celebrating this will expect other state and federal governments to give them similar project in 1yr.
Stop this nonsense and celebrate this great feat . Stop hating and celebrate this great achievement.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 3:31pm On Feb 27
Built2last:
What's amazing is that this project was marked to take 250 million dollars, inflation took it to 800 million dollars.

If we arrest Abubakar Mallami and all the Buhari cabal. we will get 10 billion dollars and replicate this in many states. and let that be the starting point

Don't worry, Emefiele has been arrested for causing the inflation you so complained bitterly about.

But arresting more criminals who benefited and enabled Emefiele, will always be a welcome idea.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by jmoore(m): 3:32pm On Feb 27
StOla:
This project took almost 2 decades to complete just 188MW of electric power.

Shut up!

There was license challenges that was holding the project.

EEDC was operating where Aba Power (Distribution arm of geometric) should operate. It was in 2022 that it was resolved and Aba power took over the ring faced area of Aba.

3 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by ClearFlair: 3:34pm On Feb 27
This is a leader. It is a shame that many people have still not evolved and think leadership is about sharing money.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by eliwa47(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27
This is one of the few governor's we have in Nigeria who I can say he's one of the best 💯❤️
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by SensualMan: 3:34pm On Feb 27
Otti, A protégé of Peter Obi. No crying in their land, no ebi n pawa ooo, just beer, joy and happiness!

Carry go oooo man wey sabi!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reports Of A Coup Scare Is False, Heinous Act Of Disinformation - FG / See What Nnamdi Kanu have To Say To The Brown Envelop Medias / OMITTED TRUTH/DEBUNKING Lies...Nigeria States And What They Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.