Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti (11462 Views)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by EnglishUsa: 3:35pm On Feb 27
Good development
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Walai(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27
Corrected
sirray001:
Na FUTO VC and not VP
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Liammm: 3:36pm On Feb 27
I have read a lot about this project and I'm very happy for Abia people. If Nigeria can have 10 Alex Ottis, perhaps it could have gone a long way in ameliorating the whole hardship engineered by Tinubu himself.
I encourage those pained by this epochal milestone to drop the hatred, congratulate Abia people and demand for such project from their respective governors. If Abia can do it, any other state can equally replicate it.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by odduduwa: 3:36pm On Feb 27
Your excellency , there is no light here and I live few blocks today to the power plant
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 3:37pm On Feb 27
jmoore:

Shut up!

There was license challenges that was holding the project.

EEDC was operating where Aba Power (Distribution arm of geometric) should operate. It was in 2022 that it was resolved and Aba power took over the ring faced area of Aba.

I love how you are making excuses.

It is not even required because it is a private enterprise who can deliver their own projects whenever they are able to.

But I hope your logical and rational mind would not take its leave when it is time to expect miracles from other private entrepreneurs, states governments and federal government?
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by depure(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27
StOla:
This project took almost 2 decades to complete just 181MW of electric power.

The Nigerian standard of efficiency and urgency is quite embarrassing.

Now those celebrating this will expect other state and federal governments to give them similar project in 1yr.

A private firm spent $800m for almost 2 decades to provide 181MW power to only 9 out of 17 LGAs in Abia state.

Again, those rejoicing will expect FG to spend only $100m to provide thousands of MW electricity within 1year.

Are we not an absurd bunch?
It's either abandoned or neglected....the current governor placed emphasis on the project so less than year he finished it and commissioned it no delays so talk something else
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by spencekat(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27
123yes:
He who laughs last, laughs the best as the saying goes. Abia people have suffered under three wicked governors that have ruled the state since the return of democracy in 1999. Today God has given a governor that cares for the cry of his people. Well-done my governor. I pray that you succeed where others fail.
But former governor Ikpeazu said that his administration also played a part in completion of the project.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 3:43pm On Feb 27
SpartaOfLagos:

Stop this nonsense and celebrate this great feat . Stop hating and celebrate this great achievement.

We should celebrate 2 decades to provide 181MW of electricity at a cost of $800m?

But same you would want a new government to perform miracles in less than 9months and claim any budgeted sum for infrastructure could have been costed cheaper.

If only 9 local governments need power infrastructure of $800m at almost 17years, how much and how many years will be required for the full 774 LGAs in Nigeria?

If you still do not get my drift on this matter, then you and me cannot be alive when Nigeria will have the great achievement of steady power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by jmoore(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27
StOla:

I love how you are making excuses.

It is not even required because it is a private enterprise who can deliver their own projects whenever they are able to.

But I hope your logical and rational mind would not take its leave when it is time to expect miracles from other private entrepreneurs, states governments and federal government?
Instead of you to learn and take correction, you dey rant babablu.

Do you know any single street in Aba?

Geometric is the generating arm, while aba power is the distribution arm of same company owned by Barth Nnaji.
EEDC owned by Emeka Offor was in charge of Aba till 2022 when Aba power took over. It is not an excuse but fact.

Stop yarning dust.

4 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 3:48pm On Feb 27
jmoore:

Instead of you to learn and take correction, you dey rant babablu.

Do you know any single street in Aba?

Geometric is the generating arm, while aba power is the distribution arm of same company owned by Barth Nnaji.
EEDC owned by Emeka Offor was in charge of Aba till 2022 when Aba power took over. It is not an excuse but fact.

Stop yarning dust.

No need to dey shalaye.

At least you have proven you have the capacity to be rational.

So don't expect miracles from the government in months when you can tolerate a 17year project to provide power to only 9 local governments at the cost of $800m.

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Built2last: 3:50pm On Feb 27
StOla:

Don't worry, Emefiele has been arrested for causing the inflation you so complained bitterly about.

But arresting more criminals who benefited and enabled Emefiele, will always be a welcome idea.

I am not impressed with the arrest. I don't suffer from historical amnesia

Emefiele is not the first and won't be the last

Emefiele will perhaps do 3 years and thats it.

From 1999 till date, we have been arresting big fishes so to speak. Many are in their houses today. Many abroad enjoying their money

Nothing will come out of Emefiele. If we recover some money from him, it will be re-looted.

Where is the money recovered from Ikoyigate 45 million dollars, What of former NNPC Boss 95 million dollars. The list is endless.

Bros. Emefiele has money to pay lawyers. That case will stay in court for a while and it will end in him doing 3 years and nothing will be recovered

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by jmoore(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27
StOla:

No need to dey shalaye.

So don't expect miracles from the government in months when you can tolerate a 17year project to provide power to only 9 local governments at the cost of $800m.
Who is expecting miracle from APC? APC that has already destroyed the economy of Nigeria. Petrol went to 650 naira from 195 within 1 day of Tinubu taking over.
Inflation over 100%.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Easybet1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27
Something you should have bring to Lagos and make cool money, you went to set it up in a village with little companies and poorest people that can't afford to pay the electricity bill.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Greenback: 4:01pm On Feb 27
adamusuleiman2:
Kudos to everyone involved plus the past PDP governors and the APC government. I remember Ikpeazu in sky blue shirt below traveling to South Africa for this project and Osibanjo helping them remove bottle necks in Nigeria along the way.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ikpeazus-footprints-in-geometric-power-project-success-story/
The enemies shall testify of God's goodness in the lives of His children.. 😁😁😁😁
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Haaland21: 4:06pm On Feb 27
I hope by this project, the children of hate would relocate to the yeast..

Noisemakers celebrating a privately owned company gotten with a loan facility of 800 million dollars.

If you think, Nnaji would do father christmas with the electricity, you need to have your head check.....

By the way, lagos state has its own IPP.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Greenback: 4:08pm On Feb 27
StOla:

Now those celebrating this will expect other state and federal governments to give them similar project in 1yr.

A private firm spent $800m for almost 2 decades to provide 181MW power to only 9 out of 17 LGAs in Abia state.

Again, those rejoicing will expect FG to spend only $100m to provide thousands of MW electricity within 1year.

The enemies in full state of confusion 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The thing pain you and Adamusuleiman2 sotey,unah begin upload banners and stickers,to what end? Nobody send unah.... continue preaching to whoever cares to listen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 while God's people keep progressing....

181 MW in two decades yen yen yen,awon eniyan okuku 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Greenback: 4:10pm On Feb 27
Easybet1:
Something you should have bring to Lagos and make cool money, you went to set it up in a village with little companies and poorest people that can't afford to pay the electricity bill.
Haaland21:
I hope by this project, the children of hate would relocate to the yeast..

Noisemakers celebrating a privately owned company gotten with a loan facility of 800 million dollars.

If you think, Nnaji would do father christmas with the electricity, you need to have your head check.....

By the way, lagos state has its own IPP.

Bad belle dey open mouth dey talk about hate!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shame to bad people 😁

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Rumundele(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27
Weldone Otti, the only Governor that never complain about the past government in Abia state.
Kudos, lord is your muscle
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Geovanni412(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27
StOla:

Do you understand the politics that strangled the project?

Do you realize that some political bigwigs in the East that run discos, EEDC did not want the project to come to fruition?

Everything is not about money in Nigeria.

If you have the money and lack the necessary political clearance, they will frustrate you

I'd advise you to read about what the political elite did to the original owner of Banana Island, Chief Adebayo Adeleke and took over the place from him.

Govt is not anybody's friend.

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Greenback: 4:12pm On Feb 27
StOla:

No need to dey shalaye.

Failure mentally..God help you
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by wany(f): 4:16pm On Feb 27
Walai:
Abia people should set aside one day every year to celebrate that FUTO VC returning officer that refused bribe.
She saved the future of millions
No be lie undecided

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by mrwilliams9: 4:18pm On Feb 27
StOla:

You are so correct. A project like this elsewhere probably takes 1/3 the amount of time to build and deploy.

Im happy its up and running but it should never have taken this long.

3 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Timothy89(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27
SensualMan:
Otti, A protégé of Peter Obi. No crying in their land, no ebi n pawa ooo, just beer, joy and happiness!

Carry go oooo man wey sabi!

Because of geometric power plant, no hunger in east but na una wail pass grin

Funny tribe

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by omolola12345(m): 4:19pm On Feb 27
This is what is needed in all the 36 states in Nigeria. Each states should have her own power supply. It should cover all the local government areas of each of the states. This Abia project is commendable but it must be extended to all the local government areas there. Not only the 9 local government areas.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Thegamingorca(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27
adamusuleiman2:
Kudos to everyone involved plus the past PDP governors and the APC government. I remember Ikpeazu in sky blue shirt below traveling to South Africa for this project and Osibanjo helping them remove bottle necks in Nigeria along the way.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ikpeazus-footprints-in-geometric-power-project-success-story/

Someone that was giving 500 naira to pregnant mothers as delivery package. grin
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Thegamingorca(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27
Timothy89:

Because of geometric power plant, no hunger in east but na una wail pass grin

Funny tribe

Painment grin
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Thegamingorca(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27
mrwilliams9:

You are so correct. A project like this elsewhere probably takes 1/3 the amount of time to build and deploy.

Im happy its up and running but it should never have taken this long.

You know that otti is just less than a year in office?! What has ikpeazu, the two orjis and abaribe been doing in that state since 2007
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by StOla: 4:39pm On Feb 27
Greenback:

The enemies in full state of confusion 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The thing pain you and Adamusuleiman2 sotey,unah begin upload banners and stickers,to what end? Nobody send unah.... continue preaching to whoever cares to listen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 while God's people keep progressing....

181 MW in two decades yen yen yen,awon eniyan okuku 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No pain here.

Just setting the stage to confront those who have always been irrational to think infrastructures are built with Chicken change and at the snap of a, finger.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by mrwilliams9: 4:42pm On Feb 27
Thegamingorca:

You know that otti is just less than a year in office?! What has ikpeazu, the two orjis and abaribe been doing in that state since 2007

That is part of the point. If government had vision and urgency, they’d have done everything possible to get this project up and running as son as possible.

181MW could have been delivered in 7 yrs if the govt was serious.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by VanuatuWycombe: 4:45pm On Feb 27
Offpoint1:
Every state needs this

Yes. That’s what we advocate for from our armed r0bber state governors - both past and present.

If a state, including the FCT, can boast of, and generate 500megawatts of electricity, steadily, by 2027, we will have closer to 20,000megawatts in addition to those on ground.
Some states don’t need up to 500 megawatts. For DANGOTE to build over 430 megawatts for its refinery and petrochemicals, which can power the whole of Oyo State, it means there’s no state that cannot do it.
Let them do it and put it on stock exchange ti make their money back quickly. We will have a vibrant economy in no-time and a very competitive one for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by zionstaar75: 4:45pm On Feb 27
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/geometric-power-project-dear-to-my-heart-will-rejuvenate-economic-social-growth-otti/
millions of jobs to be created because of less than 200 mw of electricity?very dumb talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Ethically-Challenged Not Me - Ribadu / I Didn’t Meet Tinubu In London, Says Oshiomhole / Crisis Brewing In Lagos Ports As NARTO, NURTW, RTEAN Set For Show Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.