Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti (11457 Views)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Oregba87: 4:46pm On Feb 27
see below

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Greenback: 4:49pm On Feb 27
StOla:

No pain here.

Just setting the stage to confront those who have always been irrational to think infrastructures are built with Chicken change.
FkOFF! Is that what this thread is all about?
If you are pained at others prosperity and progress,good luck to ya 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Timothy89(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27
Thegamingorca:

Painment grin

Painment? No is sth to celebrate, Abia finally see light after exchanging their social incentives from govt with eba and kerosene on the queue
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by TheBillyonaire: 4:52pm On Feb 27
The Electricity Revolution was followed by Industrial Revolution prior to Dot com era.

But in the Age of AI, Aba has made progress with Electricity, and may begin its own industrial and dot com era. Hopefully their grand children will pilot the AI age.

Other States in Nigeria are still under mental colonization, while others are still moving around with camels in the bush with ragtag trousers looking for farmers to shoot.

Congrats to the people of Abia. From zero to hero.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Obakoolex(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27
Onyeigbo10000:
If inec didn't rig obi out.
Joker grin
Agulu gbajue won only East and few other states.
Don't allow sentiment blind your brain
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by sulaak(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27
Massiveglory:
Definitely a game changer.
A new Nigeria is POssible

181mw is not a game changer in a country that requires a minimum of 60,000 MW to be industrialised.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by ncoolsome(m): 6:02pm On Feb 27
StOla:
This project took almost 2 decades to complete just 181MW of electric power.

The Nigerian standard of efficiency and urgency is quite embarrassing.

Now those celebrating this will expect other state and federal governments to give them similar project in 1yr.

A private firm spent $800m for almost 2 decades to provide 181MW power to only 9 out of 17 LGAs in Abia state.

Again, those rejoicing will expect FG to spend only $100m to provide thousands of MW electricity within 1year.

Are we not an absurd bunch?

Only Buhari spent almost ten times of this and there's nothing to show, abeg government na scam..

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by afube: 6:33pm On Feb 27
Built2last:
What's amazing is that this project was marked to take 250 million dollars, inflation took it to 800 million dollars.

If we arrest Abubakar Mallami and all the Buhari cabal. we will get 10 billion dollars and replicate this in many states. and let that be the starting point

inflation escalated the cost but remember Geometric power is generating,transmitting,distributing and marketing its power...........so the $800 million dollars is inclusive of the aforementioned cost centers!

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Offpoint1: 6:35pm On Feb 27
VanuatuWycombe:

Yes. That’s what we advocate for from our armed r0bber state governors - both past and present.

If a state, including the FCT, can boast of, and generate 500megawatts of electricity, steadily, by 2027, we will have closer to 20,000megawatts in addition to those on ground.
Some states don’t need up to 500 megawatts. For DANGOTE to build over 430 megawatts for its refinery and petrochemicals, which can power the whole of Oyo State, it means there’s no state that cannot do it.
Let them do it and put it on stock exchange ti make their money back quickly. We will have a vibrant economy in no-time and a very competitive one for that matter.
Nigerian governors don't reason like this... Embezzle and steal, then repair 2 roads.. That's the only thing they think of
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Judolisco(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27
Walai:
Abia people should set aside one day every year to celebrate that FUTO VC returning officer that refused bribe.
She saved the future of millions
d same vc dat gave pantami prof?
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Walai(m): 8:59pm On Feb 27
TheBillyonaire:
The Electricity Revolution was followed by Industrial Revolution prior to Dot com era.

But in the Age of AI, Aba has made progress with Electricity, and may begin its own industrial and dot com era. Hopefully their grand children will pilot the AI age.

Other States in Nigeria are still under mental colonization, while others are still moving around with camels in the bush with ragtag trousers looking for farmers to shoot.

Congrats to the people of Abia. From zero to hero.
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by engrchykae(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27
Walai:
Abia people should set aside one day every year to celebrate that FUTO VC returning officer that refused bribe.
She saved the future of millions
as a true daughter and an amazon,she roared with the four poignant words"NOT UNDER MY WATCH"
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by engrchykae(m): 11:07pm On Feb 27
bonechamberlain:
The working governor.

Eastern billionaires have no excuse again not to invest in the east, if they are truly sincere to invest in the east. Barth Nnaji put igbo interest first before putting his personal interest. Unfortunately investors from the east want to make quick returns hence the usual excuses they give.
Anambra has Nnewi, Abia has Aba. Other states should follow suit
who told you this nonsense?
Here in Enugu where we work in private firm,we earn average of 300k ,men are bringing their investments home.
Infact,our branch in Lagos have been completed but staffs are reluctant to go to Lagos
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by engrchykae(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27
God of Nigeria must punish Mahmood yakubu.
Albatross over the Nigeria ship
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Zeebuy: 7:40am On Feb 28
adamusuleiman2:
Kudos to everyone involved plus the past PDP governors and the APC government. I remember Ikpeazu in sky blue shirt below traveling to South Africa for this project and Osibanjo helping them remove bottle necks in Nigeria along the way.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/ikpeazus-footprints-in-geometric-power-project-success-story/
Osibanjo would've made a very good president. Things would never have been this bad if he had won
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Zeebuy: 7:44am On Feb 28
Easybet1:
Something you should have bring to Lagos and make cool money, you went to set it up in a village with little companies and poorest people that can't afford to pay the electricity bill.
May God twist that useless mouth you used for saying this nonsense
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by Nico4luv: 11:35am On Feb 28
Goodos to the oti and those that make it happen. But the geometric plant is still yet to give better light. Nothing has change.still anyhow light and darkness all the time
Re: Geometric Power Project Dear To My Heart, Will Rejuvenate Economic - Gov Otti by gidgiddy: 12:34pm On Feb 28
StOla:

No need to dey shalaye.

At least you have proven you have the capacity to be rational.

So don't expect miracles from the government in months when you can tolerate a 17year project to provide power to only 9 local governments at the cost of $800m.

Nobody is expecting miracles from government in 9 months

But nobody was expecting government to take us from the flying pan we were already in, into fire in 9 months

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University ‘Sex-For-Grades’ Prohibition Bill In The Senate Passes 2nd Reading / Boko Haram Abducts Mobile Police Officers In Borno / Ignore Alleged N407.3bn Debt, Osun Assembly Tells Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.