Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner (17444 Views)

Tuberculosis Kills 20 Inmates At Katsina Prison / Cholera Outbreak Kills 20 In Bauchi / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by sexiestharam(f): 8:35pm On Feb 27
l
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by tnerro1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27
Low brain, that’s why the black man is still lagging behind

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by NoToPile: 8:36pm On Feb 27
The headline is sensational if you ask me. The context in which he said it is not what is being reported.

He knows it's not from God naa.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Exceed15: 8:36pm On Feb 27
Backward region.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by UnknownQueen(f): 8:36pm On Feb 27
NGArmyTerrorist:
E shock you grin

Omo e shock me as him say the disease is from God.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Godsonkemz(m): 8:37pm On Feb 27
Africa wake up
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by NFBI: 8:37pm On Feb 27
Yashita:
How does meningitis look like?
7 heads with a skin like tiger and breath fire 😁

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Naijanascam: 8:38pm On Feb 27
The commissioner must be a native doctor for sounding this foolish....

No qualified Medical Doctor will make such a useless statement linking a seasonal ailments caused by excessive heat🔥to God

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Stevenbright(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27
Imagine what a commissioner said!

So, "it is from God"

And you guys where relocated to that place to assist god kill more people with the disease?

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by BluntCrazeMan: 8:40pm On Feb 27
Typical of what TINUBU would say.

Once it happened already,, God allowed it.
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by worldclass68(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27
See mumu excuse...chai this people make me hate religion even more walai..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Sticooooooo(m): 8:41pm On Feb 27
God is love, he will never punish his people

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:42pm On Feb 27
UnknownQueen:

Omo e shock me as him say the disease is from God.
Nothing wey we no go see for this country!

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by JulianBond007: 8:43pm On Feb 27
Cerebrospinal Meningitis caused by excessive heat. The students should be given vaccine to prevent more loss of lives.

The governor na werey o!

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Zetty177x: 8:43pm On Feb 27
God is not wicked..God cannot be mocked

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Kaido: 8:44pm On Feb 27
GanagiBitrus:
This North na breeding ground for some kind yeye diseases.

Now I understand why Canibus said "Knowledge is a disease, we all carriers"
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by descartes400: 8:44pm On Feb 27
mmadu4:
Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the fluid and membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. These membranes are called meninges. The inflammation from meningitis typically triggers symptoms such as headache, fever and a stiff neck

this disease is not from God ... lack of education itself its a disease. we must stop these people from coming anywhere near us with their disease infestation .

Your first paragraph is for the rational and logical minds

While the second...but from religious perspective the notion that the disease is from God is right I may say because the religious books holds the notion nothing happens without HIS blessings therefore the religious can infere that the disease is of a truth from God.
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Jeffy1206(m): 8:46pm On Feb 27
Avoid excessive heat and make sure your room is well ventilated.
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Onomat: 8:47pm On Feb 27
No disease is from God
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by 2mch(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27
Sack that idiot.
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by oluala881: 8:49pm On Feb 27
RIP to the dead, quick recovery to those on admission. However, I think the commissioner does not know what he is saying, which desease is from god, which of the god, he is illiterate, he should have consulted the ministry of health before this interview, meningitis in most time caused by excessive heat, in this period of heat, this is likely to be an out break and the way to prevent it is stop overcrowding, watch for symptoms and isolate suspected individual, hand washing must be a top priority as this is a contagious disease. Overcrowded area should be decongested to allow for ventilation. Mr. Commissioner stop disgracing that office you occupied. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Edusouls(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27
Northerners don’t even know what is hitting them they are now confused and anxious, it’s years of rot and endemic corruption in their place upon being in power and squandering Nigeria resources for decades, north is suffering from a terminal cancer that would eventually kill them
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by dWriter2: 8:58pm On Feb 27
Lol
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Yankee101: 9:02pm On Feb 27
Just fire him
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Blaqbea: 9:04pm On Feb 27
Illiteracy is a disease,stop blaming God
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Yankee101: 9:04pm On Feb 27
Stop stocking up people’s children in hostels like sardine

It thrives in heat, overcrowded spaces and close contact
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by lilyheaven: 9:05pm On Feb 27
If they use the same energy they use in opening church and mosque to build industry, no matter how small scale it is, Nigeria would have been better.
Government doesn’t assist in building churches and mosques. Individuals come together to achieve it, they equip and maintain these buildings.

Yet, they complain government is not doing anything for the masses. What if they just come together and build something that would yield revenue and feed their members without looking at the greedy government.

My unemployed friend goes to church every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for prayers, Saturday for preparatory while Sunday is for main service,,,
she sweeps and arrange pews each day she visits, she has like 4 ministries she attends, which she renders the same services.
One day I jokingly told her, if I ask you now to get a job as a cleaner, you Will feel insulted, because you are a graduate. But here you are rendering it free of charge 😃. Imagine you are paid in these four different ministries you are attending, yet you still pay offering from the little you have, knowing very well you aren’t working.
TheFacelessMan:
embarassed

Africans were told that their gods were inferior to Middle Eastern gods.

Worse, Africans now say they worship the gods better than their slave masters.

Muslims & Christians are both guilty.

If I become President today, first thing I will cancel is state sponsored pilgrimage. If you can't afford to go to Mecca / Jerusalem with personal funds or philanthropic donations...you're not going with Government money.

2ndly, those who refuse to pay taxes but gullibly pay tithes... I would come for them next. Churches would be heavily taxed.

More worship centers than industries is one of the reasons we are where we are. Same people who sit in front rows, shouting to God are the worst embezzlers and criminals. So what's the point ?
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Verbtips(m): 9:11pm On Feb 27
mmadu4:
Meningitis is an infection and inflammation of the fluid and membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. These membranes are called meninges. The inflammation from meningitis typically triggers symptoms such as headache, fever and a stiff neck

this disease is not from God ... lack of education itself its a disease. we must stop these people from coming anywhere near us with their disease infestation .
you no see how the c.of health dey like fulan-i wey resume office
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by drololaaof: 9:11pm On Feb 27
References:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-20-students-killed-as-meningitis-hits-yobe/
This is not from God but due to overcrowding, poor ventilation,it is a preventable disease if government do the needful
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Verbtips(m): 9:13pm On Feb 27
[quote author=Naijanascam post=128680109]The commissioner must be a native doctor for sounding this foolish....

No qualified Medical Doctor will make such a useless statement linking a seasonal ailments caused by excessive heat
Re: Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner by Asswipemod: 9:15pm On Feb 27
References:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-20-students-killed-as-meningitis-hits-yobe/

Are this the kind of people we are sharing the country with? Oh my God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC / Hospital Suspends Male Nurse For Injecting Gej’s Supporter Un-prescribed Drugs / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.