Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ (19828 Views)

Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 / CBN Mandates IFIS To Increase Agent Network To 150,000 By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by donbrowser(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28
RealLordZeus:
Oh was wondering why usd suddenly drop this morning...

Pls keep it up

This floating policy has caused more harm than intended so let's go back to the fixed regime pls

The floating was necessary to get the real value of Naira since previous governments have been defending the naira. Now that they know the value, the next step is to force it down without spending ridiculous amount of money.

11 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Coldspice: 12:25pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
Not possible, these BDC cannot meet the demand of Nigeria based on the $20k weekly by CBN.

So if I want to travel and I need $15000, where will I get the cash ?

Will aboki sell the entire amount at government approved rate or how will it work.

Apply for BTA or PTA.
If you need more, contact IMTOs.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by olax02(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28
UDOKABESTLUV:
Latest Update Coming From CBN About Dollar
Dey play. No be Nigeria? BDC see themselves in this game of dollars as a king. Hope they will comply with the directive. cool
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Originality007: 12:27pm On Feb 28
Coldspice:

Iraq

🙄
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by ttoyetade: 12:28pm On Feb 28
Is this sustainable. Anything not based on freemarket cannot go on for long.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by wunmi590(m): 12:28pm On Feb 28
Dyfynezz12:
No wonder dollar was 1570 this morning
I hope ppl that increased goods of 15000 to 2500 before will bring it down now that $ has come down

That's the problem, it won't as most Nigerians are just plain wicked from birth, even a pepper seller will tell you is because of dollar she's selling 2 pieces of tomatoes 🍅 for N200

6 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Godstiger(m): 12:28pm On Feb 28
Wonder yonder
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by misreal(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28
God abeg oh
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Sleekfingers: 12:29pm On Feb 28
StOla:
Good, but why not N800?

That we still tolerate thousands of BDCs show me that CBN is yet to get serious.

They are even still allowing Nigerians to buy up to $10,000 per year for education abroad with Nigerian earned funds?

Any Nigerian public university has even charged up to $500 equivalent in Naira per year for tuition? Yet we say our academic institutions are dilapidated.

We never ready to be wicked and patriotic in this country to move forward.

By June,. It will drop to about 700 naira or less.

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by tofolo(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
Not possible, these BDC cannot meet the demand of Nigeria based on the $20k weekly by CBN.

So if I want to travel and I need $15000, where will I get the cash ?

Will aboki sell the entire amount at government approved rate or how will it work.

The people I pity most are those that hurriedly purchased between 1400 and 1800 with the hope that it will hit 2500.

They didn't consider that the government will fight back.

No more cash like that bros I think the most you can get is 4,000.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Dialpad: 12:30pm On Feb 28
Maximum for that BTA is 4k or so

Coldspice:

Apply for BTA or PTA.
If you need more, contact IMTOs.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Kobicove(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28
Bad news for enemies of Nigeria...those who were eagerly waiting for the rate to fall to N2,500 so they can come out and say that the government failed grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by InvertedHammer: 12:31pm On Feb 28
/
Good move.

But it is a mere verbal intervention.

Market forces will determine the exchange rate. Right now, things are reacting to emotions and not logic. Let's not forget that $1 == N1300. Does it call for celebration? It is so bad that people are celebrating that bad news is no longer bad enough.

I am still looking more towards US policies, Fed and US inflation data to gauge the direction of US$. While some rely on hope, some are using any appreciation in naira to buy up more dollars via DCA.

Transfer rate at this moment is still N1500/$. Go figure!

/
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Sleekfingers: 12:31pm On Feb 28
Originality007:
This country tire me.

which county for Middle east is the best for hustling

Yemen, Syria and Afghanistan
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:31pm On Feb 28
RealLordZeus:
Oh was wondering why usd suddenly drop this morning...

Pls keep it up

This floating policy has caused more harm than intended so let's go back to the fixed regime pls
Won't work. You really think the 20k CBN is selling is enough? What of the $ not sourced from the CBN? I hope the CBN isn't serious about this because it'd amount to an abandonment of floating and a return to arbitrage, which enriches a few connected people.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Truths9ja: 12:32pm On Feb 28
Still there’s much inflation in the food commodities
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Honestey: 12:32pm On Feb 28
In other words, it's now N1,314.01/$
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by olax02(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28
UDOKABESTLUV:
Latest Update Coming From CBN About Dollar
Why do we even need BDC in handling Dollars in this country. Why can't Nigeria Bank take charge of foreign currency totally? Pls can somebody explain to me? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:34pm On Feb 28
olax02:
Dey play. No be Nigeria? BDC see themselves in this game of dollars as a king. Hope they will comply with the directive. cool
They CAN'T comply–once they finish selling the CBN dollars. The CBN is losing it.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by ModCaller: 12:34pm On Feb 28
Dyfynezz12:
No wonder dollar was 1570 this morning
I hope ppl that increased goods of 15000 to 2500 before will bring it down now that $ has come down

Inflation does not reverse in Nigeria.

Speaking from experience.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by morgstreme: 12:34pm On Feb 28
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/cbn-mandates-bdcs-to-sell-us-dollars-at-n1314-01-us/

That's the way to go..Same move made in Argentina to stabilize their currency a bit..

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:35pm On Feb 28
donbrowser:

The floating was necessary to get the real value of Naira since previous governments have been defending the naira. Now that they know the value, the next step is to force it down without spending ridiculous amount of money.
If it was knowing the real value of the naira, why intervene before the situation has finished playing out?
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by morgstreme: 12:37pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:
Painful news for those who want Nigeria backwards so as to scorn others!

grin

From N1900 last week to N1314!

You no go here anything but if it was vice versa....casala go don burst!

PO and hin boys go don sing anthem on twitter!

The Obidients are the MOST CROSSED and ANGERED Specimens of humans to ever live in this world....and TACTLESS and unrealistic..

They actually believed that their principal will just join a party in 8months and win an Election Jagaban has been prepared to win for 30years...a Political Maestro..

Even the Supreme Court verdict is still wrong by them..

But the Supreme Court was right when Peter Obi was given back his mandate as Anambra governor..🤣

All they do is wait for some news that seemingly makes the Tinubu FG incompetent..that's all the fuel they need .they don't even need to eat food anymore..
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by bentenny(m): 12:37pm On Feb 28
In other words,the ill-timed and draconian float of the naira by this administration has been thrashed!
This policy those commendable should only be considered a story term measure and not a permanent fix!
The FG should use this period as a window of opportunity to go into serious production esp in the agric sector!
They should ensure the issue of electricity is completely fixed and the refineries working!
If not,we will be back to status quo by the start of the second quarter!

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:37pm On Feb 28
StOla:
Good, but why not N800?

That we still tolerate thousands of BDCs show me that CBN is yet to get serious.

They are even still allowing Nigerians to buy up to $10,000 per year for education abroad with Nigerian earned funds?

Any Nigerian public university has even charged up to $500 equivalent in Naira per year for tuition? Yet we say our academic institutions are dilapidated, but so eager to enable Nigerians freely move out money from our economy to aid academic infrastructure in foreign land.

Is that not enough proof to stop subsiding tertiary education in Nigeria and charge like N4m to N5m per session for post graduate courses while charging N2m to N3m for undergraduate courses per year.

Those who are brilliant but indigent would have scholarship schemes to exploit for their own tuition, while those who are not able to afford the fees and do not have the academic capacity to secure scholarship funding, can always take student loans and pay back over the initial 10years of their work career.

We never ready to be wicked and patriotic in this country to move forward.
@ bolded. Sebi floating (stop subsidizing $ for rich people) was meant to solve this problem, but you people have been fighting it?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:38pm On Feb 28
Hezzyluv:
Shebi CBN go dey stand dey monitor thousands of BDC guys across the country to make sure they stand by the fixed price
You dey mind them.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You all money choppers in government must learn. There is no trick to growing the economy but investing in the people. If you like summersault here and there. Try this and that trick. It won't work until you start investing massively in pulling people from poverty.

Keep trying. At least you have started sharing dollars. Next thing it will clear your head to make cash available for businesses.

This is why I always wanted the naira floated.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by donbrowser(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28
JuanDeDios:

If it was knowing the real value of the naira, why intervene before the situation has finished playing out?

When will you know if it has played out?
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by emerged01(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28
Hezzyluv:
Shebi CBN go dey stand dey monitor thousands of BDC guys across the country to make sure they stand by the fixed price
They are registered now,and if they are given forex directly from CBN,that is a way to monitor them.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 12:40pm On Feb 28
donbrowser:

When will you know if it has played out?

Easy. When you see some stability.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by donbrowser(m): 12:40pm On Feb 28
Hezzyluv:

You've not been following up with the government's reforms. The BDC is being monitored now and only registered BDC will be able to sell dollars unlike before

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Goddyrichie(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:
Painful news for those who want Nigeria backwards so as to scorn others!

grin

From N1900 last week to N1314!

You no go here anything but if it was vice versa....casala go don burst!

PO and hin boys go don sing anthem on twitter!
but wait o wenti concern PO 4 this one person wey no know ur papa wenti u don chop like 4 times today only person wey dey inside AC garri bread rice cost e no concern him money Dey to buy enough ogun go kill whoever says we’re one I’m not an Igbo but I hate it whenever we says we’re one but deep inside ur heart we’re not one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers / Naira May Fall To ₦700 Per Dollar Over Oil Theft, Low Export – NACCIMA / Folorunsho Alakija, Missing From Forbes List Of 21 Richest Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.