Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ (19811 Views)

Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 / CBN Mandates IFIS To Increase Agent Network To 150,000 By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by ivandragon: 1:18pm On Feb 28
HateBigots:
grin Dey play... Even banks can't sell at that rate.

Shameless Zombie. What was dollar rate in 2014 before APC protested against Pres. Goodluck? Now you are celebrating N1,314.

Don't mind the clowns. Always justifying and supporting rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by 247man: 1:19pm On Feb 28
Wannabenz:

I bought at 1700 this afternoon.

If they really want to tackle this issue,they should let banks to sell dollar too those BDC guys are thieves.

Bdc will always sell to abokis
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by jaxxy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
Not possible, these BDC cannot meet the demand of Nigeria based on the $20k weekly by CBN.

So if I want to travel and I need $15000, where will I get the cash ?

Will aboki sell the entire amount at government approved rate or how will it work.

The people I pity most are those that hurriedly purchased between 1400 and 1800 with the hope that it will hit 2500.

They didn't consider that the government will fight back.

what government is trying to do is fix the market rate. Meaning the naira isn't floating.

What determines these rates government is enforcing we don't know.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by PlasmaTV: 1:19pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:
Painful news for those who want Nigeria backwards so as to scorn others!

grin

From N1900 last week to N1314!

You no go here anything but if it was vice versa....casala go don burst!

PO and hin boys go don sing anthem on twitter!
How much was a dollar to naira when Tinubu entered office?? Stop playing
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by drealcivilceno(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:

grin

Which kine mediocrity be this, oluhunoba ooh!

Price is at 1300 and you are celebrating what exactly?
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Shikena(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28
In every system you are free to commit crime but don't come and be claiming victimization when the hands of the law grabs you. That's how it works, always know what you signed up for.

blackgold2018:
thousands of illegal BDC are scattered all over the country. So hows that possible to monitor all of it
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by aariwa(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28
uvie66:
....but they can also create an artificial demand by hoarding.... the name of the game is profit maximization. The BDC operators are not a welfare organization.
exactly, you understand the game very well
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by UHLmoving: 1:25pm On Feb 28
1,300 per Dollar is still on the high side. They should continue working on it till it reaches 200 naira per US$
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Beverlyjean(f): 1:26pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
Not possible, these BDC cannot meet the demand of Nigeria based on the $20k weekly by CBN.

Will aboki sell the entire amount at government approved rate or how will it work.

The people I pity most are those that hurriedly purchased between 1400 and 1800 with the hope that it will hit 2500.

It has always been 20k dols weekly / licence
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by GenFunction: 1:29pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:

grin

Why we no go sing anthem wen tings re going bad? pple with same orientation as u are the problem we have at the moment.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by FatherLord: 1:32pm On Feb 28
Can’t we be using our naira card to pay for dollar transactions as we used to do before ?
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by BigIyanga: 1:35pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:

grin

Partizan minion. You inherited it @ N650/1$. So it went 1950 =200% in 8 months.. Even if it’s selling at @1450, that’s about 130% increase for trial and error

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Biodun556(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28
meum:
I thought market forces were to decide the exchange rate?

That is the market force. The CBN is right. The market force is based demand and supply

CBN knows the amount dollars in circulation and the amount needed by travelers and importers and that is what CBN uses to determine the real value of naira
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by femicyrus(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28
JuanDeDios:

What now happens to people who need dollars but their needs can't be met by BDCs (whose operating capital is now 20k since they can only trade at the CBN-mandated rate)?
Then go to the bank. You will fill forms tire.
Legit needs for dollar only or else, use Naira for your needs
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:

You're not sure how it will work but you want to pity those who hurriedly bought at 1400-1800? 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Omoawoke: 1:58pm On Feb 28
Only in Nigeria where people create businesses to be making money off their national currency
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Hoelujohn: 1:59pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:

15k for what? Una get sense at all? Why would you take 15k out to another country? In US self , any money above 10k , you go explain tire.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Hoelujohn: 2:01pm On Feb 28
FatherLord:
Can’t we be using our naira card to pay for dollar transactions as we used to do before ?

If you earn in dollars, do you go to the bank to change or u use aboki? So go where u dey change go buy forex
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Obviouslyblunt: 2:04pm On Feb 28
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Are you complaining?
I should complain about a policy the government said they’ll initially do and are backtracking from?
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Bfly: 2:05pm On Feb 28
Why caused such disaster with naira floating then
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by pharmezee(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28
They are adhering to it here at MMIA.. a dollar is N1, 314 presently.

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 2:10pm On Feb 28
femicyrus:

Then go to the bank. You will fill forms tire.
Legit needs for dollar only or else, use Naira for your needs
What makes you think the banks have? Or they suddenly started printing dollars overnight and no one told me? Anyway, your answer is why black markets exist - but I doubt you see that.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by commoditiesnig: 2:11pm On Feb 28
Originality007:
This country tire me.

which county for Middle east is the best for hustling
We have Oman, Jordan and Qatar evisa packages available.

See details on my travel topics
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 2:11pm On Feb 28
uvie66:
Even though if i have $20k as a BDC operator i will sell at a rate that is determined by market forces.
You dey mind them.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 2:14pm On Feb 28
emerged01:

As a matter of BDCs are not to be in existence when banks are selling forex at the same rate. The reasons they are existing is because of corruption in the banking system. Nobody cares if they pack up.
You're correct - on paper. The fact is, banks will not have enough dollars in the near future, hence BDCs. But if there's full floating and they're both selling at the same or similar rates, the existence of BDCs won't matter and we won't have to adopt Taliban economics by sending armed police to go harass them in their shops.

1 Like

Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by femicyrus(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28
JuanDeDios:

What makes you think the banks have? Or they suddenly started printing dollars overnight and no one told me? Anyway, your answer is why black markets exist - but I doubt you see that.
BDC has dollars, banks don't have?
Who is more likely to get more dollars from CBN out of the two?

Anyway, you can approach CBN directly since your need for dollars exceed that of banks and BDC
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by obaidan: 2:23pm On Feb 28
AntiChristian:

grin

this government took it from around 750 naira, maybe they sould get it to even 800 at all at all before we hail them
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Besuccesful: 2:23pm On Feb 28
When you get to the country you are going sort for dollar there please.

[/quote]
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by onadana: 2:26pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:

Travel with $15,000 cash?What happens to your card?Check CBN revised guide lines.They are all confused.As if I knew thus madness was coming to a head,transferred my money to card from my dom account and bought dollars when I suspected the price will skyrocket. Imagine buying $500 for N1m.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by obaidan: 2:28pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
Sadly those who bought at that price will still make their huge profit
20k to BDCs is not sufficient, demand outweighs that supply, The shortage of supply will create a black market. Government will criminalize it and that will only make the black market blacker(if you know what I mean). Which means for u to purchase from the black market, u must be ready to pay with ur blood
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:29pm On Feb 28
Obviouslyblunt:
I should complain about a policy the government said they’ll initially do and are backtracking from?

Thank God you are not complaining.
Re: CBN Mandates BDCs To Sell US Dollars At N1,314.01/US$ by JuanDeDios: 2:53pm On Feb 28
femicyrus:

BDC has dollars, banks don't have?
Who is more likely to get more dollars from CBN out of the two?

Anyway, you can approach CBN directly since your need for dollars exceed that of banks and BDC
@bolded. Yes. No today? If you don't know why BDCs always have dollars when the banks don't, I don't think you know a lot about this subject matter.

The CBN is not a commercial bank, so you can't approach them - unless you're some powerful politician, and even then, they won't give you directly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Beginner’s Guide To Bitcoin In Nigeria: A Bitcoin FAQ / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market / ABCON: Bureaux De Change Tell FG To Ban Binance To Save Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.