Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? (882 Views)

Oyedepo Paid Graduate Pastors ₦38,000 Monthly — Sahara Reporters / Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 1:03pm On Mar 02
Aemmyjah:

😂

Funny?
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by adeoyekay(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02
AntiChristian:
Is there any sane lesson from Genesis 38, of one of the ancestors of Jesus Christ?

Why God no kill the Father Judah? lipsrsealed
This is the start of onanism in the Bible!
God dey approve this kind custom of inheriting women...
I don't have time to read your post, we supposed to have ANTI ISLAM
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Mar 02
AntiChristian:
■ Local deities? On whose authority? Abeg!
2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan is the God of this world! Yahweh is only the God of Israel!
■ Allah is the God of all that exists (mankind, Jinn/Satan, Angels, earth, animals, etc)!
What do you mean on whose authority? Do local deities need some other authority or what? undecided

The World defined by Jesus Christ is the world comprised of the Lost sheep of Israel. And given that Jesus Christ made it know that Satan was the enemy, when Paul---- his master was Jesus Christ --- said, "Satan is the God of the world," was Paul referring to the same world described by Jesus Christ or the world at large? undecided

3. Allah's story follows an entirely different and separate Narrative abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
What do you mean on whose authority? Do local deities need some other authority or what? undecided

The World defined by Jesus Christ is the world comprised of the Lost sheep of Israel. And given that Jesus Christ made it know that Satan was the enemy, when Paul---- his master was Jesus Christ --- said, "Satan is the God of the world," was Paul referring to the same world described by Jesus Christ or the world at large? undecided

3. Allah's story follows an entirely different and separate Narrative abeg! undecided

Satan is the god of this world
Bible says so
We're seeing the evidence
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Mar 02
For those not aware, Jesus Christ in John 8 vs 31 - 44 proclaimed that those among the Lost sheep of Israel who reject God are children of the devil whereas those of them who continously accept and obey His teachings and commandments will be transformed to become Children of God. These children of the devil are the same angels of Satan--- goats --- whom Jesus Christ mentioned would have their end in Eternal Damnation--- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Paul proclaimed that Jesus Christ was His master and given that the world His professed master sent servants out into was the world that comprised of the Lost sheep of Israel. What purpose would Paul have had to declare an idea different from that stated by his very master? Was Paul a deceiver or a wolf in sheep's clothing? undecided
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:38pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
For those not aware, Jesus Christ in John 8 vs 31 - 44 proclaimed that those among the Lost sheep of Israel who reject God are children of the devil whereas those of them who continously accept and obey His teachings and commandments will be transformed to become Children of God. These children of the devil are the same angels of Satan--- goats --- whom Jesus Christ mentioned would have their end in Eternal Damnation--- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Paul proclaimed that Jesus Christ was His master and given that the world His professed master sent servants out into was the world that comprised of the Lost sheep of Israel. What purpose would Paul have had to declare an idea different from that stated by his very master? Was Paul a deceiver or a wolf in sheep's clothing? undecided

From the OT to the NT, they acknowledge Satan as the ruler of the world
Oh, I forget that you're very selective. The ones you don't like in the scriptures might be an error or from Satan as u imply
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Plus1234: 9:07pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
I am curious! Since the woman accepted to sleep with the brother-in-law to sire a child for the dead husband, what part of the culture do you not find acceptable? There are different cultures the world over that allow individuals to choose for themselves— not referring to cultures that impose on individuals— as they see fit. What makes one culture — all of them of teachings and traditions of men — better than another culture? undecided
I doubt if you are sane.How dare you support a known antagonist of Christ.It even baffles me your mum is a deeperlifer.
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Mar 02
Plus1234:
■I doubt if you are sane.How dare you support a known antagonist of Christ.
■ It even baffles me your mum is a deeperlifer.
Support a known antagonist of who? How? undecided

My mum still drags herself around as a deeper lifer, following after mogs/gods of men as juju worshippers drag after their babalawos, but what has A to do with B? undecided
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Plus1234: 9:15pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Support a known antagonist of who? How? undecided

My mum still drags herself around as a deeper lifer, following after mogs/gods of men as juju worshippers drag after their babalawos, so what has that to do with you or this? undecided
The guy you are supporting is the op(Antichristian) .You don’t need it bro , it leads to nowhere good. Stop antagonizing or twisting the Bible.
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 02
Plus1234:
■ The guy you are supporting is the op(Antichristian) .You don’t need it bro , it leads to nowhere good. Stop antagonizing or twisting the Bible.
I am equally against religion including the religion of Christianity which I continue to point out is antiChrist in its very orientation. So, what makes you think or conceive that I am your brother in this? undecided

Jesus Christ condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of his time along with their doctrines and traditions which He pointed out were lies designed to deceive and delude many away from the one path that is the Truth of God, so why in the world would anyone who knows Jesus Christ abide any religion including Christianity? undecided
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02
This woman just post junkie as she calls herself
She did not read where Jesus gave signs or keys that will help people see and know his disciples and the commission he gave
All she does is post nonsense
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Iamanoited: 4:21am On Mar 03
WE ARE DIFFERENT ANGELS AND FIXTURES IN THE HANDS OF THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

Orisa37
OUR SALVATION IS HUNG ON OUR OBEDIENCE TO HIS INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS AND DISCERNMENT IN CHRIST JESUS.
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 7:49am On Mar 03
adeoyekay:
I don't have time to read your post, we supposed to have ANTI ISLAM

Of cos we have. The anti is joined to Islam. He directly abused Islam and the Prophet!

We have many others like the one calling our God shit and many more!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Mar 12
AntiChristian:
I missed this part Why God no kill the Father Judah? lipsrsealed This is the start of onanism in the Bible! God dey approve this kind custom of inheriting women...
What exactly did Judah do wrong in that case? His sons messed up and got death as a result. What sin did he, Judah, commit in that case? Yes, he did not pass his next son to the woman, probably for fear that he too may do wrong and be killed off by God but there was no time constraint to the deal he made with the woman. So what was his fault in it all? undecided

Also, if you read the story through the end, the woman was not inherited at all. These people of the time lived by the law which was that they multiply, and she got married for that purpose and seemed bent on accomplishing that very goal by way of that family. Something she eventually did after she slept with Judah himself so how was she "inherited" when she seemed to be on a mission of her own? undecided
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 2:55pm On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
What exactly did Judah do wrong in that case? His sons messed up and got death as a result. What sin did he, Judah, commit in that case? Yes, he did not pass his next son to the woman, probably for fear that he too may do wrong and be killed off by God but there was no time constraint to the deal he made with the woman. So what was his fault in it all? undecided

Can your father-in-law commit adultery with you and get you impregnated?
Onan spilled the seed outside and was killed! The father spilled the seed inside and wasn't killed!
The father committed harlotry and wasn't killed. The father committed hypocrisy wanting to kill her daughter-in-law for her getting pregnant not knowing the harlotry he committed resulted in the pregnancy!

Also, if you read the story through the end, the woman was not inherited at all. These people of the time lived by the law which was that they multiply, and she got married for that purpose and seemed bent on accomplishing that very goal by way of that family. Something she eventually did after she slept with Judah himself so how was she "inherited" when she seemed to be on a mission of her own? undecided

Of course, she was inherited! How many men slept with her in Genesis 38 only? 1.Er 2. Onan and 3. their father Judah! When Er died, Onan inherited her as wife. When Onan died the she had to wait for the third born to start sleeping with her too!

What sort of inspiration is these?
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Mar 13
AntiChristian:
Can your father-in-law commit adultery with you and get you impregnated?
■ Onan spilled the seed outside and was killed! The father spilled the seed inside and wasn't killed! The father committed harlotry and wasn't killed. The father committed hypocrisy wanting to kill her daughter-in-law for her getting pregnant not knowing the harlotry he committed resulted in the pregnancy!
■ Of course, she was inherited! How many men slept with her in Genesis 38 only? 1.Er 2. Onan and 3. their father Judah! When Er died, Onan inherited her as wife. When Onan died the she had to wait for the third born to start sleeping with her too! What sort of inspiration is these?
1. Is this comment coming from someone who is a Mohammedan? shocked

2. I don't follow your digest of this at all. Onan and the previous son were dead. Was this woman somehow eternally married to the man or what? Judah was her father-in-law only as long as she was a part of that family but she was no longer that.

3. Judah's wife was dead and so he was free from the marriage to his wife. He slept with Tamar who posed as a prostitute at the time, what in the world is committing harlotry for Pete's sake? Why do you think it is OK to invent sins where there are none? undecided

4. Look, the God of Israel did not impose His Covenant(and statutes) which he made only with the people of Israel while in the desert as they entered the land of Canaan over people of other nations/foreigners of the earth. So, don't for one moment pretend any of this you do or claim has to do with Him. lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 3:25pm On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
1. Is this comment coming from someone who is a Mohammedan? shocked
I am a Muslim not a Mohammedan! And yes! A father-in-law can't marry her daughter-in-law.

2. I don't follow your digest of this at all. Onan and the previous son were dead. Was this woman somehow eternally married to the man or what? Judah was her father-in-law only as long as she was a part of that family but she was no longer that.
If this your assertion is correct why did Gen 38 ends with Judah did not sleep with her again? grin It means it is not right but Judah was never punished like his sons!

3. Judah's wife was dead and so he was free from the marriage to his wife. He slept with Tamar who posed as a prostitute at the time, what in the world is committing harlotry for Pete's sake? Why do you think it is OK to invent sins where there are none? undecided
So harlotry is permitted in Genesis 38?

4. Look, the God of Israel did not impose His Covenant(and statutes) which he made only with the people of Israel while in the desert as they entered the land of Canaan over people of other nations/foreigners of the earth. So, don't for one moment pretend any of this you do or claim has to do with Him. lipsrsealed
Some Yorubas too do this kind of inheritance of wives by brothers some centuries back! Alhamdulillah! Eyes don open!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Mar 13
AntiChristian:
■ I am a Muslim not a Mohammedan! And yes! A father-in-law can't marry her daughter-in-law.
■ If this your assertion is correct why did Gen 38 ends with Judah did not sleep with her again? grin It means it is not right but Judah was never punished like his sons!
■ So harlotry is permitted in Genesis 38?
■ Some Yorubas too do this kind of inheritance of wives by brothers some centuries back! Alhamdulillah! Eyes don open!
1. That is like saying I am a follower of Jesus Christ without being a worshipper of Jesus Christ. E no work! Also, Mohammed did marry his daughter-in-law. undecided

2. Judah did not sleep with her again for reasons best known to him. His personal grudges may have contributed to it, however, none of that makes for right or wrong where God is concerned. undecided

3. Again, Sin is defined by God in His Law and God’s LE revealed in Scripture at the time contained only a few commandments;none of them against harlotry. undecided

4. If inheritance of the kind you describe used to be culture for some, OK. I personally believe individuals get to create or choose whatever culture they desire within the constraints of the law. lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:27pm On Mar 13
Kobojunkie:
1. That is like saying I am a follower of Jesus Christ without being a worshipper of Jesus Christ. E no work! Also, Mohammed did marry his daughter-in-law. undecided

2. Judah did not sleep with her again for reasons best known to him. His personal grudges may have contributed to it, however, none of that makes for right or wrong where God is concerned. undecided

3. Again, Sin is defined by God in His Law and God’s LE revealed in Scripture at the time contained only a few commandments;none of them against harlotry. undecided

4. If inheritance of the kind you describe used to be culture for some, OK. I personally believe individuals get to create or choose whatever culture they desire within the constraints of the law. lipsrsealed

1. His adopted son's wife
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13
AntiChristian:
I am a Muslim not a Mohammedan! And yes! A father-in-law can't marry her daughter-in-law.

If this your assertion is correct why did Gen 38 ends with Judah did not sleep with her again? grin It means it is not right but Judah was never punished like his sons!

So harlotry is permitted in Genesis 38?

Some Yorubas too do this kind of inheritance of wives by brothers some centuries back! Alhamdulillah! Eyes don open!

Is it true the Prophet married a girl less than 10 years?
Is it true he married his adopted son, Zayd wife?

Just sincere questions
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Mar 13
1. His adopted son's wife
LOL....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 And that is different how? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by ANTllSLAAM: 9:57pm On Mar 13
AntiChristian:

Of cos we have. The anti is joined to Islam. He directly abused Islam and the Prophet!

We have many others like the one calling our God shit and many more!

The same way you're abusing Christianity and Jesus Christ

Your allah is not just only shit, that thing (allah) Muhammad inherited from his idolater father is an idol
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 11:18am On Mar 14
ANTllSLAAM:

The same way you're abusing Christianity and Jesus Christ

Your allah is not just only shit, that thing (allah) Muhammad inherited from his idolater father is an idol

Christianity is unfounded as a word in your Bible so you have no comment!

And show me an example of where i abused Jesus?

Christian liar!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 11:22am On Mar 14
Aemmyjah:

Is it true the Prophet married a girl less than 10 years?
Is it true he married his adopted son, Zayd wife?

Just sincere questions

Yes, it is true!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 11:29am On Mar 14
Kobojunkie:

No! That's false! An Adopted son's wife doesn't qualify as a daughter-in-law, more so she was divorced! Adopted son does not inherit the adoptive father in Islam. Only blood related heir inherits.

He didn't sleep with her because his son ought to have inherited the lady! How would he and his son be marrying one lady?

OK.

OK.
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kobojunkie: 11:38am On Mar 14
AntiChristian:
No! That's false! An Adopted son's wife doesn't qualify as a daughter-in-law, more so she was divorced! Adopted son does not inherit the adoptive father in Islam. Only blood related heir inherits.
■ He didn't sleep with her because his son ought to have inherited the lady! How would he and his son be marrying one lady?
OK.
OK
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1. So, I take it that adoption in your own tradition is merely for show then... that adopted child can never enjoy the same benefits as one who is your flesh and blood? I wonder about the case of adopted daughters then. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Anyways, duely noted! in some other traditions an adopted child, and his spouse, are treated no different from those of the blood-born kids in the home, so you see why it is wrong of you to go around judging others by that which only applies as far as you? undecided

2. The book does not say that the women ever married Judah's son after that. She achieved her goal which seemed to have been to have a child from that marriage and that pretty much seems to be it. undecided
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kukutente23: 9:34pm On Mar 23
AntiChristian:
Is there any sane lesson from Genesis 38, of one of the ancestors of Jesus Christ?

Why God no kill the Father Judah? lipsrsealed
This is the start of onanism in the Bible!
God dey approve this kind custom of inheriting women...
The start of snatching one's son's wife is in the Qur'an
What is the lesson from Quran 33vs40
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kukutente23: 9:43pm On Mar 23
AntiChristian:

Same Genesis 38. If He doesn't go against then that's approval. God did kill Onan when he spilled the sperm from copulating with his elder bro's wife! God should have killed him for sleeping with the lady! Not for spilling sperm!

Mandated laws like that of Gen 38!

He didn't rape her. The context of the story is clear! Don't fabricate into this matter!

You may be tempted to recite these to your daughter as memory verse!

At the start of the world marriage between sibling would be permitted as there was no option!
Alternate males may marry alternate females as they were being born! Abel's twin sister may marry Cain's twin sister and so on!

I never believed Abraham could have married his blood sister! Your own translation differs from ours as we translate it as "Sister in faith" and not by blood!

Also David was a Holy Muslim Prophet! He did not kill anyone in Islam nor did he commit adultery! He used to fast one day on and the next day off continuously! All those Bathsheba and Uriah's story no enter am in Islam!

And about Jesus, Christians portray him as without blemish! As in "All man have sinned Romans 3:23" and Jesus was a man approved of God Acts 2:22...but yet he is sinless 2 Cor 5:21!

We all inherit sin from Adam but we didn't inherit Cain's and others from their Generations!
And Jesus didn't inherit any sins too!
cheesy grin This is interesting.
Fraud of the islamist.
So David was a prophet and not a king in the Qur'an while in the Torah and the bible, he was Israel's second king.
So which do you think is the correct one that we should go with? The quranic version or that of the Torah and Bible?
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by Kukutente23: 9:55pm On Mar 23
AntiChristian:

He didn't sleep with her because his son ought to have inherited the lady! How would he and his son be marrying one lady?

OK.

OK.
grin cheesy grin
The hypocrisy of the islamist
So there's a distinction to be made for marrying one's daughter-in-law as long as she's divorced and the Son is adopted. You see how fraudulent your Islam is now?
You shift goalposts to suit your prophet's lust
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 4:32pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

grin cheesy grin
The hypocrisy of the islamist
So there's a distinction to be made for marrying one's daughter-in-law as long as she's divorced and the Son is adopted. You see how fraudulent your Islam is now?
You shift goalposts to suit your prophet's lust

Quote the laws that's broken!
You are the hypocrite here!

Even holy spirit can't save you!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

cheesy grin This is interesting.
Fraud of the islamist.
So David was a prophet and not a king in the Qur'an while in the Torah and the bible, he was Israel's second king.
So which do you think is the correct one that we should go with? The quranic version or that of the Torah and Bible?

David and Solomon were Prophets and kings!

They were both!
Re: Is There Any Sane Lesson From Genesis 38? by AntiChristian: 4:38pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

The start of snatching one's son's wife is in the Qur'an
What is the lesson from Quran 33vs40

What's the difference between an adopted son and a son born by an outside affair of your wife?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Want To Change About Yourself In The Next World? / Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman / Why All These In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.