Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M (22157 Views)

Lagos Slashes Blue Line Rail Prices By 50% In Line With Sanwo-Olu's Directive / FG Slashes Visa Fees For US Citizens / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by LandMann: 4:15pm On Feb 28
adamusuleiman2:

Why import when we can encourage our local manufacturers and with appropriate finance for the. to start manufacturing.

However, banks would rather engage in the forex BDC round tripping than loan out money to entrepreneurs.

Please say something sensible.

Your brother Dangote is strangulating Nigeria and southern Nigeria particularly with 300% increase in cement price in less than 3 months despite all the years of government support and subsidize dollar. Tinubu should allow cement importation so that people can use their stashed dollars to import cheaply for the Nigerian market

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by AngelicBeing: 4:15pm On Feb 28
Massiveglory:
1.2 m, 4m for airline.
Nigeria is in deep shit.
Travel is now big time luxury
I concur sad
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by emapeteum(m): 4:15pm On Feb 28
The best way to have market share is to make your products a bit cheaper than the major players. Reading comments saying Igboman is this and that and trying to bring Dangote into the picture shows how myopic some tribalists could think.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by pocom16: 4:16pm On Feb 28
LandMann:

I just pray David Umahi gets the courage to push Tinubu to allow cement importation since Dangote has become a tyrant.

Na we go still cry..when it begin to put pressure on FX .we will still blaim Dangote for demanding too much dollar to import cement

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by macklef(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28
adamusuleiman2:
Wow.

You all see why Reno Omokri was right about his buy local campaign...

This shows that the foreign airlines are just making massive profits if peace can peg his coat at 1.2M and he is still making profit.
How much was the foreign charging? 600 or 700pounds for return trip. If exchange was even at 500, that's less than 700k go come. Its our exchange rate that's the problem not their fare cos dey are not local carriers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by ezechi24(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28
Why is it cheaper to travel from American to Africa than traveling from Africa to America or the UK ....is it not same distance and amount of petrol that will be used?.....na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by OBTOREPA(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28
Finally a piece of good news and I can now travel in peace with Jennyclay.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Calylove: 4:18pm On Feb 28
Nice one. On behalf of hose who will benefit I say thank you.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Iamzik: 4:19pm On Feb 28
Warldbest:
How much is his flight from Lagos to southeast. Subsidizing at the expense of his kinsmen. Mumu man

That of South East is driven by demand and supply. Igbos like to spend Christmas in the east so transport costs always go through the roof in December. I believe the price should be lower now.

I am proud of air peace even though they are not perfect

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Mayoisemj4real(m): 4:21pm On Feb 28
More slash to the price of things this day is a good idea
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:22pm On Feb 28
Nice one ...... No wonder Shettima the V.P said the progress of Nigeria is in the hands of Igbos ....

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Jogs1900: 4:23pm On Feb 28
pocom16:
Great..

Let's hope Gatwick airport will not fustrate this ..it took him quite a lot of commence flight to london.

Meanwhile the Gatwick airport the airline will be flying too is owned by a Nigerian shocked
👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrLqIEaKdLE
Let's see how it will go.I heard airport officials at Gatwick frustrate travellers unlike at Heathrow.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:27pm On Feb 28
inoki247:

Lol na when traveling no be Luxury before....

Even Years of 30k to UK how many people can afford it then....

People will even prefer to take Sahara Desert den...
Forgetting say na another continent.. alot of people will die without visiting some places in the world cause of cost related issues

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by henrimoto(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:
If Tinubu allows for license to import cement business men from the South especially Igbos would run Dangote out of the business by slashing cement prices.
He is the richest African because he enjoys monopoly and access to cheap dollar.

The advantage of flying Air Peace to London is that you can be served Ofe Nsala, Gbegiri with Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa
😆 Are you serious about the bolded part ?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by victorsola: 4:31pm On Feb 28
Massiveglory:
1.2 m slashed price for economy.
Nigeria is in deep shit.
Policies of the government of the day has made travel big time luxry.

Tinubu , cardoso pls return the naira to where pmb left it.
ode that’s the cheapest . Maybe if understand and take time to read you will understand better and if you are tired of the country , leave na.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by adecz: 4:32pm On Feb 28
Once these foreign airlines settle
politicians, they are given the license to
raype citizens from all directions without
any form of challenge from government❗️❗️

A friend living in Suffolk booked a return
ticket for £660 which is less than N1.5,
❗️❗️
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by MasterTeeUSA: 4:39pm On Feb 28
Already looking online at AirPeace for their prices...I am all about buying Nigeria, so I see myself flying AirPeace from UK soon...we must stop the bleeding. I think it might be sold out every time though...which is good but can also discourage people from considering it if they think its always sold out...they need to push out information all the time. God Bless AirPeace. God Bless Nigeria

nlfpmod:

https://businessday.ng/aviation/article/air-peace-slashes-london-lagos-fares-by-over-200-sparks-competition/

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by kikake: 4:41pm On Feb 28
nlfpmod:

https://businessday.ng/aviation/article/air-peace-slashes-london-lagos-fares-by-over-200-sparks-competition/

What the defunct Nigeria 🇳🇬 Airways should have been doing is now about to be done by Peace Airways.
People from the east side of trying to make Nigeria work while those who have been presiding over Nigeria since 1970 eat the country dry after excluding Easterners from apex political leadership of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by samsard(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:
If Tinubu allows for license to import cement business men from the South especially Igbos would run Dangote out of the business by slashing cement prices.
He is the richest African because he enjoys monopoly and access to cheap dollar.
The advantage of flying Air Peace to London is that you can be served Ofe Nsala, Gbegiri with Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa
LMAO. I want cheaper cement but not at the cost of local jobs and production. Will "Igbos" manufacture the dollar for cement import when we already have a dollar shortage for things we can't manufacture?

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Zooposki(f): 4:42pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:

Import cement? You mean manufacture?
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by yewit37486: 4:42pm On Feb 28
UnknownT:
Good one but hope the first hike in price won't see it be at par with the others.
Btw UK should have given them Heathrow

Heathrow is congested.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Chummynoni(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28
Advantage of free market economy. Let the competition begins. My major concern is cement. I wish there were more producers.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by skj1377(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28
That's good .
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by InvertedHammer: 4:46pm On Feb 28
/
You see the problem with Nigeria.

CBN announces N1350/$ while IATA exchange rate is still N1778/$ for calculations. Yet some basket of gullible are already dancing as usual on the empty rhetorics of CBN.

/

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28
adamusuleiman2:
Wow.

You all see why Reno Omokri was right about his buy local campaign...

This shows that the foreign airlines are just making massive profits if peace can peg his coat at 1.2M and he is still making profit.

People patronise good stuff if your product good people will buy
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by caracas: 4:53pm On Feb 28
adamusuleiman2:

Why import when we can encourage our local manufacturers and with appropriate finance for the. to start manufacturing.

However, banks would rather engage in the forex BDC round tripping than loan out money to entrepreneurs.
And how many local manufacturers have we been able to produce for than 20 years now of banning foreign cements in the name of encouraging local manufacturers? Nigeria only enriched a single man at the expense n detriment of millions of Nigerians….
Pathetic….
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by wunmi590(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28
epainos:
Let us put sentiments aside...Onyeama is a true Igbo man who means so well for Nigeria.

Please, tell Naija leaders...no matter what this man has done in the US that they are looking for him, they must not release this man like that ooo. We must negotiate on behalf of this gift. This man has found grace with Nigerians that we will negotiate with the US concerning him. This one is a gift for Naija ooo. This man must be protected by all means. US too dey do am for theirs.

Make dem substitute Abba Kyari with this man. Na that one dem suppose release without any wahala.

May God bless this man.

As a full blooded yoruba man, I support this motion without being forced or any biase

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by lionlee216(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28
Turkish is 1,080,000

In as much as I commend airpeace, they should learn from other airlines especially those with star alliance. I don't have to book from lagos to London. I should be able to book from any state in Nigeria to London.

For example, I should be able to boom from Enugu to London on the same ticket confirmation number using lagos as a transfer point. Airpeace from enugu to lagos, then lagos to London. That way people, it's easy for their customers.

Ethiopian airline flies from Chicago and Washington to ADD but you can book your ticket from Missouri to ADD. Ethiopian airline has code sharing with other airlines. United airlines flies u to chicago, then Ethiopian airline straight to Africa.

I also pray Nigerian govt doesn't adopt airpeace as a national Carrier make dem no spoil the airline for us with corruption. Airpeace should try and get New York route or Atlanta make delta eye peel small 😆😆😆😆

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:01pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:

Air peace belongs to Jonathan family.

Allen Onyeama does not own anything.
He is a failed lawyer who never ran any business
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Parrot69: 5:02pm On Feb 28
DeLaRue:
BA still has one advantage.

Most people want to arrive at Heathrow. Heathrow is more central, and has better connections to rest of the UK, Europe, America etc Heathrow is like Unilag to Gatwick's LASU. Both good, but one is more glamorous and even though you're better off at LASU for some courses, some students just want Unilag.

Also, 'I have just landed at Heathrow' is more glamorous than 'O'boy, I don reach Gatwick' smiley For some, little things like this count and they will be willing to pay N1.5m more for that with BA. Most High networth individuals would rather be at Heathrow than Gatwick.

If you just wan arrive to start your student visa, or you are not on any ego trip, Gatwick is good o. Join Airpeace. Dont do above your means o.

I think Airpeace made a clever choice in going for Gatwick. With Gatwick they can aim for a different segment of the Nigeria to UK market. With Heathrow being one of the most expensive and super hot cake in the world for airlines, Airpeace would not have had a lot of room to offer cheaper prices than BA if it had gone for Heathrow.

In life, you must know how, when and where to fight your competition. Heathrow is where several Nigerian airlines have gone to die. In picking Gatwick, Airpeace has chosen its battle carefully and I think it will succeed.

After a few years of success under its belt, it can apply to purchase landing slots at Heathrow and play with the big boys.

If you followed up his interview on AriseTV would have saved nairaland alot of space for this transcript.
You ended up saying nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:02pm On Feb 28
arantess:
Onyema you try

Mama peace, you try.
Allen owns nothing
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:04pm On Feb 28
epainos:
Let us put sentiments aside...Onyeama is a true Igbo man who means so well for Nigeria.

Please, tell Naija leaders...no matter what this man has done in the US that they are looking for him, they must not release this man like that ooo. We must negotiate on behalf of this gift. This man has found grace with Nigerians that we will negotiate with the US concerning him. This one is a gift for Naija ooo. This man must be protected by all means. US too dey do am for theirs.

Make dem substitute Abba Kyari with this man. Na that one dem suppose release without any wahala.

May God bless this man.

The airline was set up with looted amnesty money by GEj

Allen Onyeama is a failed lawyer who never ran any business in his life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASEMA Rescues Accident Victims On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos / Annoying Things People Do In LAGOS Traffic/public Bus / 10 Necessary Things To Do To Live Peacefully Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.