Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M (22160 Views)

Lagos Slashes Blue Line Rail Prices By 50% In Line With Sanwo-Olu's Directive / FG Slashes Visa Fees For US Citizens / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:05pm On Feb 28
Warldbest:
How much is his flight from Lagos to southeast. Subsidizing at the expense of his kinsmen. Mumu man

Onyeama does not own the airline.
He is just an errand boy to Kingsley Kuku and Jonathan family.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by airsaylongcome: 5:07pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:
If Tinubu allows for license to import cement business men from the South especially Igbos would run Dangote out of the business by slashing cement prices.
He is the richest African because he enjoys monopoly and access to cheap dollar.
The advantage of flying Air Peace to London is that you can be served Ofe Nsala, Gbegiri with Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa

Lol...you have no idea what Dangote is capable of. Run him out of business ke? Their ships will get sunk in the high seas. Many people have no idea how ruthless Dangote (as a business man) is. People seem to have forgotten the Cement debacle aka the Cement Armada of the 70s.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:08pm On Feb 28
LandMann:

I just pray David Umahi gets the courage to push Tinubu to allow cement importation since Dangote has become a tyrant.

Tinubu won't allow your blodas to infiltrate and ruin his govt the way they did to GEJ's.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by BarrElChapo(m): 5:08pm On Feb 28
Profayo:
The only thing is those whose final destination is not London may not benefit much.
Apart from having to find a different suitable connecting flight(in which there will be limited options in Gatwick)to final destination, having to claim your luggage and rechecking it back into your connecting flight is also another hassle

What are you on about ? 🤔
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Dbakre1: 5:09pm On Feb 28
Very laudable, but charge in Naira if possible.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by georgeakins: 5:10pm On Feb 28
Fiscus105:
Yet bubu govt frustrated this man for whole 8 yrs, ....why economy won't be battered under foolish regime

Which man?
Does Air peace belong to him?

He is an errand boy to GEJ and Kinsley Kuku
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Ashirioluwa: 5:14pm On Feb 28
Good one from Air Peace, but I will still go online to see if I can find something cheaper even if it’s not a direct flight from Lagos to London.

I found this for $655, but is not direct flight (Lagos - Istanbul - London)

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by aribisala0(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28
My advice to him take extra measures to prevent drug traffickers spoiling your reputation
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by ChristCee: 5:18pm On Feb 28
epainos:
Let us put sentiments aside...Onyeama is a true Igbo man who means so well for Nigeria.

Please, tell Naija leaders...no matter what this man has done in the US that they are looking for him, they must not release this man like that ooo. We must negotiate on behalf of this gift. This man has found grace with Nigerians that we will negotiate with the US concerning him. This one is a gift for Naija ooo. This man must be protected by all means. US too dey do am for theirs.

Make dem substitute Abba Kyari with this man. Na that one dem suppose release without any wahala.

May God bless this man.
I am a Yoruba man and this has always been my position. You can't just release a citizen because some government claimed he violated their laws. Even if somehow they capture him, Nigeria can pull it's weight to get him back. There are some things that you just have to step up as a country and prevent it from happening. These westerners don't mean well for Nigeria. If you study the case well you will see how shitty it is...
Any government that releases Air peace boss to the westerners is a real enemy of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by nony43(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28
DeLaRue:
BA still has one advantage.

Most people want to arrive at Heathrow. Heathrow is more central, and has better connections to rest of the UK, Europe, America etc Heathrow is like Unilag to Gatwick's LASU. Both good, but one is more glamorous and even though you're better off at LASU for some courses, some students just want Unilag.

Also, 'I have just landed at Heathrow' is more glamorous than 'O'boy, I don reach Gatwick' smiley For some, little things like this count and they will be willing to pay N1.5m more for that with BA. Most High networth individuals would rather be at Heathrow than Gatwick.

If you just wan arrive to start your student visa, or you are not on any ego trip, Gatwick is good o. Join Airpeace. Dont do above your means o.

I think Airpeace made a clever choice in going for Gatwick. With Gatwick they can aim for a different segment of the Nigeria to UK market. With Heathrow being one of the most expensive and super hot cake in the world for airlines, Airpeace would not have had a lot of room to offer cheaper prices than BA if it had gone for Heathrow.

In life, you must know how, when and where to fight your competition. Heathrow is where several Nigerian airlines have gone to die. In picking Gatwick, Airpeace has chosen its battle carefully and I think it will succeed.

After a few years of success under its belt, it can apply to purchase landing slots at Heathrow and play with the big boys.

Wow. You are one intelligent guy.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by BarrElChapo(m): 5:23pm On Feb 28
DeLaRue:

Most people want to arrive at Heathrow. Heathrow is more central, and has better connections to rest of the UK, Europe, America etc Heathrow is like Unilag to Gatwick's LASU. Both good, but one is more glamorous and even though you're better off at LASU for some courses, some students just want Unilag.

Also, 'I have just landed at Heathrow' is more glamorous than 'O'boy, I don reach Gatwick' smiley For some, little things like this count and they will be willing to pay N1.5m more for that with BA. Most High networth individuals would rather be at Heathrow than Gatwick.

If you just wan arrive to start your student visa, or you are not on any ego trip, Gatwick is good o. Join Airpeace. Dont do above your means o.

I think Airpeace made a clever choice in going for Gatwick. With Gatwick they can aim for a different segment of the Nigeria to UK market. With Heathrow being one of the most expensive and super hot cake in the world for airlines, Airpeace would not have had a lot of room to offer cheaper prices than BA if it had gone for Heathrow.

In life, you must know how, when and where to fight your competition. Heathrow is where several Nigerian airlines have gone to die. In picking Gatwick, Airpeace has chosen its battle carefully and I think it will succeed.

After a few years of success under its belt, it can apply to purchase landing slots at Heathrow and play with the big boys.

Actually Airpeace stated that it was the UK that refused to honour our bilateral agreement on aviation matters rather than it wanting to fly to Gatwick but as you posited it may be a blessing in disguise.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/air-peace-london-route-why-we-accepted-gatwick-airport-allen-onyema/amp/
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by nony43(m): 5:23pm On Feb 28
ChristCee:

I am a Yoruba man and this has always been my position. You can't just release a citizen because some government claimed he violated their laws. Even if somehow they capture him, Nigeria can pull it's weight to get him back. There are some things that you just have to step up as a country and prevent it from happening. These westerners don't mean well for Nigeria. If you study the case well you will see how shitty it is...
Any government that releases Air peace boss to the westerners is a real enemy of Nigeria.

What did he commit in the US?
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by freshvine(f): 5:33pm On Feb 28
Warldbest:
How much is his flight from Lagos to southeast. Subsidizing at the expense of his kinsmen. Mumu man

Angry bird.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Roger3D(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28
epainos:
Let us put sentiments aside...Onyeama is a true Igbo man who means so well for Nigeria.

Please, tell Naija leaders...no matter what this man has done in the US that they are looking for him, they must not release this man like that ooo. We must negotiate on behalf of this gift. This man has found grace with Nigerians that we will negotiate with the US concerning him. This one is a gift for Naija ooo. This man must be protected by all means. US too dey do am for theirs.

Make dem substitute Abba Kyari with this man. Na that one dem suppose release without any wahala.

May God bless this man.
Sentimental garbage. Both Onyema and Kyari are criminals who should answer for their crimes
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Menclothing: 5:38pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:
If Tinubu allows for license to import cement business men from the South especially Igbos would run Dangote out of the business by slashing cement prices.
He is the richest African because he enjoys monopoly and access to cheap dollar.
The advantage of flying Air Peace to London is that you can be served Ofe Nsala, Gbegiri with Amala and Tuwo Shinkafa

Air peace is made in Nigeria why should you seek import produce in Nigeria and export like air peace
Jonathan was president

Leave dangote and do your business how it Please you
Same dangote refinery is the one selling aviation fuel to them at low rate

It’s irritating seeing Nigeria youth always saying dangote we have 5 cement companies in Nigeria have never used dangote build because elephants depot is closer to my construction site

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by tnerro1(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28
E don cast ooooooooo😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by badoh(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28
LandMann:

Please say something sensible.

Your brother Dangote is strangulating Nigeria and southern Nigeria particularly with 300% increase in cement price in less than 3 months despite all the years of government support and subsidize dollar. Tinubu should allow cement importation so that people can use their stashed dollars to import cheaply for the Nigerian market
The issue is where will the cement importers get forex? Don't you think demand for forex by cement importers will pile additional pressure on the naira?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by arantess: 6:07pm On Feb 28
georgeakins:

Mama peace, you try.
Allen owns nothing
K.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Johnn87: 6:09pm On Feb 28
cool
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Ashirioluwa: 6:34pm On Feb 28
pocom16:
Great..

Let's hope Gatwick airport will not fustrate this ..it took him quite a lot of commence flight to london.

Meanwhile the Gatwick airport the airline will be flying to is owned by a Nigerian shocked
👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrLqIEaKdLE

Get your facts straight, mister. No Nigerian man owns Gatwick Airport.

The man (Adebayo Ogunlesi) is just the CEO of a company (Global Infrastructure Partners) that helps a group of investors manage their funds.

Global Infrastructure Partners bought Gatwick Airport in 2009 but have since sold a majority stake (50.01%) to a French company (Vinci Airports) in 2018.

The two companies, Global Infrastructure Partners and Vinci, are in partnership, managing Gatwick Airport together.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Calitoscassius(m): 6:41pm On Feb 28
DeLaRue:

Good observations, but in this case Gatwick woulda being better and closer to me.

I would preffered BA when i lived in London.

There are so many Naigeerians residing in the south east/ Coast of England, rather than travelling to Heathrow the d be better off flying from Gatwick , it wouldn't be less prestigious/glamourous landing or taking off from Gatwick as you think. grin

If i could avoid Heathrow, i would
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Calitoscassius(m): 6:45pm On Feb 28
Ashirioluwa:

Get your facts straight, mister. No Nigerian man owns Gatwick Airport.

The man (Adebayo Ogunlesi) is just the CEO of a company (Global Infrastructure Partners) that helps a group of investors manage their funds.

Global Infrastructure Partners bought Gatwick Airport in 2009 but have since sold a majority stake (50.01%) to a French company (Vinci Airports) in 2018.

The two companies, Global Infrastructure Partners and Vinci, are in partnership, managing Gatwick Airport together.
Don't mind the
ignoramus, grin grin even the king of England do not own Gatwick. No one owns Gatwick, the company are just renting the space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28
Warldbest:
What kind of thoughtless remark is this? Na wa oh!
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by PastorOlokonla: 7:00pm On Feb 28
Most importantly they should slash prices for domestic airfare.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by afube: 9:15pm On Feb 28
no
epainos:

May God bless this man.

nobody is looking for him in the US....he travels to the S now
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Iko5000: 9:48pm On Feb 28
To be fair airport tax will be cheaper in Gatwick than Heathrow for air peace ,so not sure why they are fighting for Heathrow . It will help them with competitive prices .
BarrElChapo:

Actually Airpeace stated that it was the UK that refused to honour our bilateral agreement on aviation matters rather than it wanting to fly to Gatwick but as you posited it may be a blessing in disguise.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/air-peace-london-route-why-we-accepted-gatwick-airport-allen-onyema/amp/
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by BarrElChapo(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28
Iko5000:
To be fair airport tax will be cheaper in Gatwick than Heathrow for air peace ,so not sure why they are fighting for Heathrow . It will help them with competitive prices .

If they got Heathrow they're in the big leagues innit but yeah Gatwick is actually fantastic and knowing the average Nigerian, there'll be no shortage of passengers.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by gnykelly(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28
Dpharisee:

Why can't Igbo business men get licences to manufacture.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by deborahayobami7: 10:18pm On Feb 28
How much is his flight from Lagos to southeast. Subsidizing at the expense of his kinsmen. Mumu manHow much is his flight from Lagos to southeast. Subsidizing at the expense of his kinsmen. Mumu man...
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Konquest: 10:30pm On Feb 28
nlfpmod:

https://businessday.ng/aviation/article/air-peace-slashes-london-lagos-fares-by-over-200-sparks-competition/
Oluwatoyin Olajide, chief operating officer, Air Peace during the launch of the Lagos-London flight with travel agents said the service will be operated with the airline’s Boeing 777 aircraft and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, one of the most modern and efficient aircraft in the skies.

She also said the airline will be launching with special promo fares and attractive plans for agents.

“Operating daily, this service will also offer several other benefits which give Air Peace an edge over the competition. It’s a direct flight without stop-overs and offers unbeatable fares. The specifics of these offers and other Unique Selling Points will be presented as this engagement progresses.

London will be the Air Peace’s 7th international destination since kicking off operations less than 10 years ago.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Konquest: 10:52pm On Feb 28
DeLaRue:

The bolded isn't a FACT of history. Back in the late 1970s and 1980s when the iconic British Caledonian flew into Nigeria, a lot of high networth individuals and middle class families flew regularly from Lagos to Gatwick Airport or Kano to Gatwick Airport which was a major destination for British Caledonian planes such as the DC-10, Boeing 747 and more. These are the events that I witnessed back in the day.

We flew back then to Gatwick Airport from Nigeria and NEVER saw Heathrow Airport as a status symbol like the bolded texts in your post suggests.

Last but not least, the Air Peace owner stated in an interview I read two days ago that his airline applied for landing rights to Heathrow Airport but it wasn't granted, so, they have to make do with Gatwick.
Re: Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M by Artscollection: 10:58pm On Feb 28
Profayo:
The only thing is those whose final destination is not London may not benefit much.
Apart from having to find a different suitable connecting flight(in which there will be limited options in Gatwick)to final destination, having to claim your luggage and rechecking it back into your connecting flight is also another hassle

Light travellers wont have issues with that and the difference in price is worth the stress. 2million can buy a plot of land somewhere abi You never hear of Qatar 34hrs flight time wey men sub that yr 4 a 6hr flight.
Eje ana bu isi ije.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Travellers Burnt To Death, Two Injured In Enugu Fatal Accident / Annoying Things People Do In LAGOS Traffic/public Bus / 10 Necessary Things To Do To Live Peacefully Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.