Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds (18457 Views)

Just Created An Account Blue Sky (pictures) / Video: Lady Jiu-jitsu Fighter Forces Phone Thief To Beg For Mercy / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by money121(m): 10:41am On Feb 29
Wahala
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by oluwaseyi0: 10:42am On Feb 29
Curious346:
I see you're trying to demarket opay

Demarket opay? From a true life event?
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by DavidEsq(m): 10:43am On Feb 29
NFBI:
Why didn't she lock her phone? she is her problem.
Chai
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Realdeals(m): 10:43am On Feb 29
She must have link her card as the source of payment on Opay. Fund can be drawn automatically without Pin & sometimes with OTP
jamesversion:

I wanted to ask d same question. Cos I know you need a password/biometric access to open a bank app. Also you need a pin to send money after confirming that account number and amount on the bank app.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Staywithbina: 10:44am On Feb 29
Crimes in ph and other parts of this country are organized especially ph,they have the account guys ,they have the I.T guys ,they have a lot of other sectors backing the crime and don’t be surprised that they also have a legal team to back them up.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Draslo(m): 10:45am On Feb 29
oluwaseyi0:
All this opay easy to access easy to defraud account

CBN should intervene and enforce strict measures

Also incase you don't know, fingerprint is the most unsafe mode of protecting anything on your phone

Fingerprint security is as good as no security you are better off with passwords
Talk another thing abeg. Did the thief not also access her Zenith bank account?

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Pythagoras001: 10:45am On Feb 29
No biometric and password lock for her banking app?
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by AmazingELixir: 10:46am On Feb 29
How did the ab.oki get her password or biometric to effect the transfer...this story is suspicious abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by jmoore(m): 10:48am On Feb 29
oluwaseyi0:
All this opay easy to access easy to defraud account

CBN should intervene and enforce strict measures

Also incase you don't know, fingerprint is the most unsafe mode of protecting anything on your phone

Fingerprint security is as good as no security you are better off with passwords
How is it Opay fault that the customer supplied every details to a thief?
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by seborrhic: 10:48am On Feb 29
MrBroke:

All he had to do was register his fingerprint on her phone to unlock her bank app(Opay, Zenith or anybank) or reset her password and pin using otp then transferd the money to her opay then reset her opay pin with same otp method b4 applying for card through any nearby agent(who should be arrested because the opay agent should know better that the account information is that of a female but maybe the aboki guy used a female to get the card) after which he withdrew the money.

Always lock your sim card and your phone and also don't use fingerprint in unlocking your bank apps or any app you consider private.
Use his own fingerprint to unlock her own account?
You go school so or you didn't read what you typed.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by essienisrael5(m): 10:49am On Feb 29
U go school of Panama?

Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I no de like comment on people but make I cap u small matterz..

A real PH boy no de fear KALA. A port harcourt boi of 12years don de chop or handle KALA..

Wen it comes to banter(fight), PH boy go GIRI DIE for that BANTER, Weda na death or not..

For those MANCHIS to DISEMBARK them no say THIEF no de THIEF THIEF for daylight..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by BBIA: 10:50am On Feb 29
Draslo:

Talk another thing abeg. Did the thief not also access her Zenith bank account?
OP the lie grin

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by NACE13: 10:50am On Feb 29
How can your sister be this careless when it comes to such level of security. I don't joke with my phone's security. My message, bank, gallery, mail apps are all locked with finger print and also a 6-digit password. You have to first go through the finger print and then the 6-digit password before you can unlock it. My Sim card and phone also have different security codes. I'm not here play undecided

Sorry about your sister's ordeal. Hope she learns her lesson this time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by seborrhic: 10:51am On Feb 29
AmazingELixir:
How did the ab.oki get her password or biometric to effect the transfer...this story is suspicious abeg.
Many dullards unfortunately have already swallowed it hook,line and sinker

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by CSNg: 10:51am On Feb 29
Trendy247:
My sister's handbag was snatched at Knifepoint by an Aboki man around airforce junction in Port-harcourt. The bag contained her phone, Zenith bank ATM card and other valuables.

Unfortunately, her phone wasn't locked. The thief transferred all her money from her Zenith bank account to her OPay account, then quickly created an OPay card and withdrew the funds by midnight.

We were able to track the exact location of the phone the following day using her google account, before the thief removed the account.

We urgently need help in identifying and tracing the individual(s) who assisted with the OPay card creation and withdrawal.

we have called Opay customer care, but they are not willing to assist.

One foolish mistake Opay did was to allow their road-side Point of Sale operators to "create cards" for Opay users without following safety procedures and protocols.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by israelmao(m): 10:51am On Feb 29
Opay will not assist because thief made use of your sister's personal details to carry out the transaction so it's assumed that she did it.Report this case to the law enforcement agencies for the culprit to be tracked and arrested.It is advisable to be careful keeping some financial details on phone that could make one vulnerable to fraud in the case of phone theft and one should also remember to log out of sensitive apps on one's phone after use.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by CountinBlessins(m): 10:51am On Feb 29
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I no de like comment on people but make I cap u small matterz..

A real PH boy no de fear KALA. A port harcourt boi of 12years don de chop or handle KALA..

Wen it comes to banter(fight), PH boy go GIRI DIE for that BANTER, Weda na death or not..

For those MANCHIS to DISEMBARK them no say THIEF no de THIEF THIEF for daylight..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Kai you talk too much, you are unemplyed and a talkative. get a job bro you arent funny. use your time better,always talking likke a woman seeking likes. Basket mouth

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by thesolutions(m): 10:52am On Feb 29
Trendy247:
My sister's handbag was snatched at Knifepoint by an Aboki man around airforce junction in Port-harcourt. The bag contained her phone, Zenith bank ATM card and other valuables.

Unfortunately, her phone wasn't locked. The thief transferred all her money from her Zenith bank account to her OPay account, then quickly created an OPay card and withdrew the funds by midnight.

We were able to track the exact location of the phone the following day using her google account, before the thief removed the account.

We urgently need help in identifying and tracing the individual(s) who assisted with the OPay card creation and withdrawal.

we have called Opay customer care, but they are not willing to assist.
Opay like other banks has option for virtual card creation. They use the generated card details to make online payment. To track this thief should be easy if physical goods was purchased with the virtual card. Just contact the store to provide details of the culprit and location. But Nigerias case is something I am not understanding. You have to go to police and also secure court order before banks can provide details of fraudulent transactions perpetrators.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Bimpe29: 10:53am On Feb 29
How did thief access her Zenith and Opay Bank Account in the first place? I believe the bank account apps are ordinarily passworded and PIN are required to process the transfer of fund therefrom.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:53am On Feb 29
fidelmarshal199:

How was he able to carry out the transfer from zenith bank to the opay account? Did your sister supplied her the password/pin?

Exactly what I wanted to ask. The zenith app didn't have a pass code?

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Spybradd: 10:53am On Feb 29
Omg!!! In this hard times?!!!
She should've cried to somebody to use his/her phone to quickly call the network customer service to suspend her line.
God help her
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by MrDoGood(m): 10:55am On Feb 29
fidelmarshal199:

How was he able to carry out the transfer from zenith bank to the opay account? Did your sister supplied her the password/pin?

Good question. I wanted to ask him this

1 Like

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by CSNg: 10:55am On Feb 29
AmazingELixir:

It's very simple.

The poster's sister was arrantly careless. Unlocked phone, unlocked apps which include the Opay.

Now this is what he did...after he stole the phone, he accessed the Opay app which would be definitely unlocked and tied to the number of the phone...he simply changed the password and Opay sends and OTP to the same phone which he copies and viola, he has full access.

After creating the card, he used the same changed password to withdraw all the funds.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by wisdomkid: 10:56am On Feb 29
NFBI:
Why didn't she lock her phone? she is her problem.

Please always stop with the blame game. Who told you the victim has not blamed herself enough?
Tomorrow, if she off'ed herself now, you'll still blame her...

May God Almighty forgive me, but I despite people like you, and God willing, never come across humans with your mentality
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Babs2424(m): 10:58am On Feb 29
sorry for the loss

we ship goods from our location at Ikeja to this countries...Angola,liberia,Congo,south Sudan,south africa,Maputo,Brazil,Portugal,Conakry,Madrid,Brazzaville,namibia

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:58am On Feb 29
She should have gone immediately to her bank to block her account.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by BBIA: 10:58am On Feb 29
CSNg:

It's very simple.

The poster's sister was arrantly careless. Unlocked phone, unlocked apps which include the Opay.

Now this is what he did...after he stole the phone, he accessed the Opay app which would be definitely unlocked and tied to the number of the phone...he simply changed the password and Opay sends and OTP to the same phone which he copies and viola, he has full access.

After creating the card, he used the same changed password to withdraw all the funds.

I would be happy to meet that his sister because I am sure the pussy isn’t locked. cool
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Bouncing2(m): 10:59am On Feb 29
westlius:
That Airforce junction is very deadly at night,
Some years back me and my bro was coming from Airforce to Rumola, when we reach Airforce to wait for cab, 2 guys approached us begging for arms, we declined and said we had no money, so one of them tried to change am for us, he said if na GUN OR KNIFE I hold ona for don give us money and ona fone abi, Omo two seconds we and my brother change am immediately for dem as ijaw boys, (Ona think say we dey fear gun/knife) we throw one/two PH slacks and we ready fight, omo d guys just left us
Aswrtagawd dat Air Force junction na die!!!…

Dem even cart my phone,atm card and money around lagos bus stop some 2 years back shaa🥲😅
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Adewale1603(m): 11:00am On Feb 29
No matter what, your phone should be passworded, that is security. Your phone is your personal stuffs and privacy, there should be privacy and security on it, in case of cases like this and of getting into the wrong hands. Apart from the wiping of money from your account, What if you even have nude photos, and sex videos of yourself in such phones and get into the wrong hands like that, the thief could start blackmailing you or release such photos and videos online

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Timoleon(m): 11:01am On Feb 29
jamesversion:

I wanted to ask d same question. Cos I know you need a password/biometric access to open a bank app. Also you need a pin to send money after confirming that account number and amount on the bank app.

My first thinking when reading the headline is "another cooked up story to demonize opay'

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Bouncing2(m): 11:02am On Feb 29
Bimpe29:
How was the thief access her Zenith and Opay Bank Account in the first place? I believe the bank account apps are ordinarily passworded and PIN are required to process the transfer of fund therefrom.
Boss you fit use forgotten passwords and shiits request new pin laa….especially when en be say na d same SIM card number wey she use open dis stuffs na’im dey her phone
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by IPG25(m): 11:02am On Feb 29
westlius:
That Airforce junction is very deadly at night,
Some years back me and my bro was coming from Airforce to Rumola, when we reach Airforce to wait for cab, 2 guys approached us begging for arms, we declined and said we had no money, so one of them tried to change am for us, he said if na GUN OR KNIFE I hold ona for don give us money and ona fone abi, Omo two seconds we and my brother change am immediately for dem as ijaw boys, (Ona think say we dey fear gun/knife) we throw one/two PH slacks and we ready fight, omo d guys just left us

😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android: “Camera Is Not Working, Can’t Connect To Camera” See Possible Solutions / Post Apps You Cannot Live Without / Useful Phone Apps That Will Boost Your Business Productivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.