Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds (18536 Views)

Just Created An Account Blue Sky (pictures) / Video: Lady Jiu-jitsu Fighter Forces Phone Thief To Beg For Mercy / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by obinna58(m): 5:01pm On Feb 29
This is why iPhone is better than android, even if e lost, a stranger cannot have access to some things
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by mechanics(m): 7:25pm On Feb 29
And how comes the thief got to know her pin, it seems she saved her pin in her phone?, there are security measures Opay is using to guide against theft like face reignition and token, I wonder how he got the token and pin, although the face recognition is not in all circumstances, unless the app detect a login from another source, she should have immediately block the account once the phone was stolen.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Verbtips(m): 7:50pm On Feb 29
Psoul:

Bros, that one will not work for them. Hacking the SIM card will not be a joke for them. Hacking into phone is easier. Those guys do not waste their time trying to hack into locked SIM cards.
if they know that the bank has money the won't give up that easily.
do you know that if your sim require puk you can call mtn with another sim and get it done
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by madgoat(m): 10:15pm On Feb 29
oluwaseyi0:
All this opay easy to access easy to defraud account

CBN should intervene and enforce strict measures

Also incase you don't know, fingerprint is the most unsafe mode of protecting anything on your phone

Fingerprint security is as good as no security you are better off with passwords

Lies..... Fingerprint is as safe as passwords
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Truvelisback(m): 10:44pm On Feb 29
noobody:

To her own Opay account or the criminal Opay account?

Sadly nothing can be done,

Best is to pay police to track the phone and hopefully find the culprit.
Sadly, our Nigerian Police rare take issues like this serious except you are a Celebrity, Wealthy or influencial person with high status.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by ARAGON22(m): 8:03am On Mar 01
I can help you track those hudlums and their identities through the phone if you don't mind. If you're serious and sure about what you're saying
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by jmichael259(m): 8:26am On Mar 02
There's no remedy
Who goes around with open phone? As in no screen lock ok no problem with that in case of emergency but most importantly, no app lock!?
My opay and gallery apps are locked
Phones come with built in app lock or you download one. It needs a pattern or pin before you can use the app.
MY BANKING SIM IS NOT IN MY SMARTPHONE.
Una suppose dun learn all these things by now
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by lovelybobo: 2:50pm On Mar 04
Hello Trendy247

Please try and reach out to me. I have escalated your issue. You will recover the money 100%.
I will provide you details.
My contact is on my signature.
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by Trendy247: 3:39pm On Mar 04
lovelybobo:
Hello Trendy247

Please try and reach out to me. I have escalated your issue. You will recover the money 100%.
I will provide you details.
My contact is on my signature.
Who are you, please?
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by lovelybobo: 5:37am On Mar 05
Trendy247:

Who are you, please?

If you are interested contact me and if not forget about it.

Thanks
Re: Help! A Phone Thief Created An Opay Card And Withdrew My Sister's Funds by iOYEN: 5:50pm On Mar 12
Trendy247:

I specifically mentioned Zenith bank ATM card, not app.. Are u aware you can fund your opay account with any of your bank cards?

I'm aware and I use the option as well. But if you are using it for the first time, there are hurdles you have to overcome (sending a code to phone number linked to the ATM for verification) if you pass that stage, opay will still demand for the tranfer code/PIN before you can complete the payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Formatting A SIM Card / Which Android Launcher Have The Best Design And Customization / Tecno Camon Iace Released With 2GB RAM And 13MP Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.