Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost (19714 Views)

Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by References: 7:02pm On Feb 28
The Association of Table Waters Producers (ATWAP) has stated that the price of pure water may be sold for N100 per one due to the high cost of production materials.
They lamented that producers face challenges such as the high cost of diesel, lack of power as well as high cost of production, stressing that the price of water sales reflects the situation of the country.

The manufacturers spoke on Tuesday, February 28 at a press conference in Lagos.

They noted that for producers to bring quality portable water to the doorsteps of consumers, they’ve to pay more, because of the current cost of materials for water production.

One of its representatives said: “Pure water is sold for N50 now, and it is even going up to N100 per one. At our own end, there’s nothing we can do. The cost of production is high.

“As at last year December, we were buying materials (nylon) for N1,100 per KG. The 6 kg of nylon is now N3,600/N3,700. The cost of treatment is also high. The increment for these materials comes at 3 times in one week. It is also difficult for us to increase the price of water.

“If ordinary Nigerians can’t afford pure water, I don’t know where we are going. Every water producer is funding the pure water factory on personal pockets or borrowed money.

“Many banks don’t give pure water producers loans. We want Nigerians to bear with us. We don’t want Nigerians to buy water at more than N20 per sachet. The cost of production including the price of diesel has affected so many things.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/pure-water-my-be-sold-for-n100-per-one-says-producers/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by letristian: 7:18pm On Feb 28
We are teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson on the beat. grin

Anyway those teaching Peter Obi a lesson how far, shebi una go fit comfortably afford am without complaints?

Elections really have consequences

217 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Starboytwo(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28
Ice water be warning up.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Chioma4eva(f): 7:19pm On Feb 28
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Boogyman557: 7:19pm On Feb 28
Holly Gram cool Make dem KUKU sell the KUNTRY!

Na my WEED de calm me down since.

If not. I for don come out with my OLD KALA !!!!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Lanre1st(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28
Efe te!!!

God for bid, instead make everybody de carry water bottles around

People are just exploiting the situation to gather money

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Judolisco(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28
Pure water people too go buy rice now and dem go buy bread, fuel and other expensive stuffs.... Dem gats increase their money to meet up.....

Make I go find jerican.... One dam for Abuja dey close to my house, na me dey do shakara before.... grin

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Manager001: 7:19pm On Feb 28
Jagaban is doing well
BATist bandits should tell us the cost of sachet water in other countries.
Oya, over .
Your time starts now

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Aderewah: 7:19pm On Feb 28
Lol. If we had sense in this country, private investors should build water projects and pipe treated water to homes and offices that are good enough to drink. Everyone should have water bottle to collect water and drink as needed. How many developed countries buy water in sachet? Imagine having so much water under the ground and being thirsty because of price of nylon. Smh

211 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Brendaniel: 7:19pm On Feb 28
I tell Tinubu supporters that they don't know the damage they are doing to Nigeria by supporting Tinubu, they think governance is all about politics.

Aderewah:
Lol. If we had sense in this country, private investors should build water projects and pipe treated water to homes and offices that are good enough to drink. Everyone should have water bottle to collect water and drink as needed. How many developed countries buy water in sachet? Imagine having so much water under the ground and being thirsty because of price of nylon. Smh

Oga we have sense in Nigeria, you can start the pipe water business, are you not a private individual? why are you waiting for another person to start first?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by tamdun: 7:19pm On Feb 28
Nigerians are wicked sha,we are our own problem

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by DeathToSimps: 7:19pm On Feb 28
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by U09ce: 7:20pm On Feb 28
If they like let them take it to 1k per sachet. Some people are just ou there to multiply the hardship on people.

5 Likes

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by yinkus6750(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
That's part of the Tinubulation.
We have to cope with it.
Production cost is getting higher.
Petrol, Diesel, Gas e.t.c

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by stephenponti(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
Balablu

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Faiththatworks(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
I believe at this point some people are bent on sabotaging the government.
Why is everything getting so expensive,it seems Nigeria is now an extension of the United States.
Once the Naira falls to the Dollar, everything rises in Nigeria,I'm wondering how everything involved in the production of pure water is connected to the Dollar.
I believe it's time for Government to intervene and stop the sabotage.
Seriously,I don't think anyone should blame Asiwaju for what's happening in Nigeria,it shows the extent of decline on our nation.
It shows out total dependence on foreign countries for survival.
I say shame on our leaders,a big shame on them.
I implore Government to keep adding more taxes on all these imported goods,we must get to the point where we must begin to look inwards to survive.
If we can't produce ordinary nylon bags to package pure water and we have to also import the chemicals to purify the water,then I say Nigeria has a very serious problem.
For those who believe Asiwaju is the cause of this I implore you to have a rethink,why should we Ignore the bigger problem and focusing on the smaller ones.
God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by happney65: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Typhoid loading. When you have an inefficient government in power that is hell bent on crippling the Nation because of their own personal interest

The government will be enjoying and doing yokiyoki,while the people will be wallowing in poverty and want

Shuke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Namaster: 7:20pm On Feb 28
After all the price gouging, the water will still taste like something from the soakaway pit of a face-me-i-face-you.

5 Likes

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Sccarrr: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Gragra
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by tamdun: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Manager001:
Jagaban is doing well
This has nothing to do with Jagaban

2 Likes

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Tradepunter2: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Idiotic liars
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by adamusuleiman2: 7:20pm On Feb 28
Pack your bottle from home. That's what people do in other countries.

Some people will cash in on this while some would continue to wail.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by umpire1st(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
My borehole water they sweet this days... Let em do what they like, hoody don't care

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by superCleanworks(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
Nigerians will still rush it even if it is sold it for ₦1000.

It will even become a BIG BOY THING & They will even "form" I BETTER PASS MY NEIGHBOUR with it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Angelfrost(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
Just kill the poor...!

Gather the extremely poor at a village council and shoot them all. undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Teebeemic(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28
Ice water will take over

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28
U guys are about kick themselves out of business, how will one sachet water be 100 that one can take two or three on a meal

Many others substitutes will take over eg: ice water , carry your water bottle around, boiling water e.t.c

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by adioolayi(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28
Radarada...

We go back to cold nylon water..

The ones sellers dey tie for those days strong emano nylon..

...and don't tell me it's not hygienic...that's a crap, because the masses still buys Cold Tea, Pito, Zobo ...all in these tie nylon!

6 Likes

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Dubetex96(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28
May this intending increase favour me and my family.

Any idiot who will try to truncate this Emilokon mandate thunder will fire the person.

On this unshakable mandate we mount.

Hoping for more economic disaster to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by ERORR404(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28
Every nonsense has association in Nigeria.. pure water will only be sold for N100 in Abuja,Lagos and other states filled with wicked and greedy opportunists.. pure water is still N10 per piece here in yola Adamawa state and N200 per bag. Are our own producers getting their materials from outer space?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by imma2(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28
Honestly N100 is even too small. Why don't you raise it up to N1000 per satchet.

Nonsense! Na only una dey face high production cost. angry angry angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / Tasty Simple Stew Without Meat. / Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.