Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation (2080 Views)

Rivers NASS Caucus Lauds Gov Wike Effort To Rein In IPOB / FG Detains Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Against Buhari / Ndi'gbo and Yoruba Thought Leaders On Nairaland, Please Rein In Your Kinsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by Putindbutt: 9:03pm On Feb 28
ivolt:

Binance CEO was fined for committing a known crime in the US.
Now tell what crime did Binance commit.
Let us know the relevant part of Nigerian law that Binance broke.
Under the money laundering act, we must know where the $28billion went to and whose accounts it went through.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by Procashtips(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28
ivolt:

What they accused him in the US is more of a blackmail (The china vs US back and forth), so anyone they believe have roots with China and very popular in the finance/information world is overtackled for fears of working with the Chinese govt.

Same was done to Huawei owner in the US and same to Tiktok US CEO.

Whatever or whoever they can't control, they try to bring down/destroy.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by Ola9ja23: 9:05pm On Feb 28
ivolt:

Just tell uc that you are pained that Naira is beginning to appreciate gradually

Many of you can't just hide your frustrations
It's evidence that the Emergency lover of Nigeria are enemies of Nigeria 😂

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by misreal(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28
Faiththatworks:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.................
I wept Terribly this afternoon,I almost went mad when I couldn't buy usdt this afternoon,I had to call some of my friends because I thought I was banned by binance.
Asiwaju should instruct those in charge to stop this policy and allow binance continue with their crypto trading.
I tried to receive money from An African country yesterday,this is a true story,it was a sad tale,it seems Nigeria is being cut off from the world.
Even the remittance companies are refusing to release money once they see it's being sent to Nigeria.
I'm for regulating the activities of Binance in Nigeria,but to totally stop Nigerians from buying crypto currency is a throwback to the medieval days,I appeal to Asiwaju to please open negotiations with crypto exchanges operating in Nigeria.
I believe the Minister of Digital Economy,the Minister of Finance and if possible the EFCC and NSA should sit down and deliberate on how to sanitize and regulate all crypto exchanges in Nigeria.
Sincerely it's a terrible move by the government,binance is a top notch exchange that only allows purchase after a thorough KYC,if there's any money laundering on the platform, Government can easily pick out the individual and ask for his KYC.
I appeal again to the government not to throw away the baby and the bath water.
Binance has also started some self correction,its dollar to naira price on some crypto tokens are same with the government rate,I appeal to Government to please allow us start trading.
There are some of us who were very sure the kind of manipulation going on in binance will eventually lead to his closure,but I believe Government should tamper Justice with mercy and give it a second chance.
God bless Nigeria.
Oga use other exchangers na
Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by GreatrAnalyst: 9:08pm On Feb 28
wwwihy:
Nigeria's National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu is demanding to see a list of Binance’s Nigerian users since its inception from the detained executives.

CBN Governor, Olayemi Cardoso had earlier revealed that in the last one year alone, $26bn has passed through Binance Nigeria from sources and users Nigeria cannot adequately identify.

Here we go …

Nigeria detains US and British Binance staff as authorities probe market manipulation

When are they going to tell Nigerians the people sponsoring bandits and Boko Haram that they claimed to have intercepted and known the persons behind?
They should do everything altogether not just crypto.
I guess it is because of Binance and crypto that the calamitous Buhari performed the worst on all indexes in his 8 years
Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by ivolt: 9:22pm On Feb 28
Putindbutt:

Under the money laundering act, we must know where the $28billion went to and whose accounts it went through.
I think the first thing you have to know if the $28 billion dollar existed.
If it exists, then you have to determine if Nigerians living in Nigeria invested Naira worth $28 billion
on Binance.

And while at it, make sure the issue isn't swept under the carpet because it will be sad
when deafening noise are followed by utter silence.
We really need to know this $28billion owners that went missing from CBN vault .

The information the government has spent weeks making noise about is what other countries
obtain with simple letters, no drama.

Exchanges do KYC for the specific reason that when the government ask about individuals, they
can supply the information.

I really hope CBN would not hide their discovery.
Re: BREAKING: FG Detains Binance Executives As Nigeria Tries To Rein In Speculation by Mynd44: 10:18pm On Feb 28

(1) (2)

See Picture Of Marina In Lagos State During 1960 Independence / Does Buhari Have An Alcohol Issue? Why Is His Speech Slurred And Impaired? / If The USA Were To Launch A Military Strike Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.