Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women (20145 Views)

Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Red Line Drawn Against South Africa - Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister / Guinness Nigeria Blasts Man Who Called Peter Obi Liar: Shut Up Your Dirty Mouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Bluffly: 12:24am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
A responsible head with proper upbringing doesn’t have to exercise his ego. Maturity overrides in the game of ego and mouth clash
what is Ego, everyone has it including the women and they exercise it as well. Just follow the rules of engagement, that is all.

3 Likes

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by godwon01(m): 12:41am On Feb 29
What is the root cause of the problem, money , infidelity amongst the two and of course arrogancy of some women because they had achieved more than their men or they come from rich family. These had to be addressed.
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by TimiRume(f): 1:23am On Feb 29
I agree with her.
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by maestro299: 1:40am On Feb 29
toujurs:
They never learn, until blood starts rushing from their nose.

Then they come online to shed crocodile tears, and cry over domestic violence.

How in your common sense would you throw pushes, with someone who would beat you black blue.

Forgeting his older and stronger than you. You married someone older than you, to leeche on, and feel you both are on same level.

You must be mad.
I believe you're the only person here that understood the Minister's message.

And you're most likely a male.

The females on here didn't even attempt to process what she meant. They're all missing the point talking about the man's 'maturity', 'ego', being a 'real man' and what not.

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Ilekokonit: 1:53am On Feb 29
The Minister for Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy-Ohaneye, has advised women in the country not to argue or fight back when having arguments with their husbands at home

“Keep your mouth shut. Talking back does not yield fruit

Keep your mouth shut, it does not make you a fool but a wise person. When the man is shouting and saying all sorts of things, act like a fool and keep your mouth shut.

“After a while, watch him. If he is a good man, he will come back to apologise. If he is not a good one, ignore him. Have what you want to do in your mind.

This woman's marriage will last. She already has 4 kids with her husband anyway.

I remember a friends wife phoning me years ago to complain that her husband beat her. I apologized to her on the phone and advised her not to let her husbands family or her own family hear about it and I promised to talk to her husband. I also advised her that whenever they are arguing, she should satisfy him with patience by keeping quiet and just looking at him without saying a word and I promised her that this will make him apologize to her sooner or later.

Bros was going through a downturn in his business fortunes.

I then phoned my friend and told him in parables not to forget the positive impact the wife has had on his life and he got the message and told me that he understands what I was codedly reminding him of and that he will make amends.

They are still together 15 years on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Ngwamankillyou(m): 2:08am On Feb 29
Queencrayon:

You want to beat someone’s daughter because of mere disagreement? Do you beat up those you disagree with at your workplace because of arguments? Nigeria enables domestic violence too much & it’s a pity you could boldly write this.

Sir /madam,

If you have a daughter train her well and never encourage her to look down on her husband because real men will always correct your daughter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Mayeldah(m): 2:14am On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE FROM YEYE WOMAN (who should be fired from her post)
a marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship. so as much as people in marriage shouldnt shout/insult one another, they should BOTH communicate and work out their differences in a mature manner. telling women to shut up as if they are always wrong (and/or men are always right) is clueless! and even though men are consider the head of the family, it doesnt mean that your woman doesnt have her say in the union.

so your woman's views/opinion are irrelevant in marriage now?! what kind of yeye person would even want such woman in their life?

circus monkeys saying utter rubbish!

Read to understand, stop commenting based on emotions. The minister is saying the truth. Women are good at throwing hurtful words but it will do them a lot of good if they know when and how exactly to have their say. Talking back when there is heated argument is the point here not shutting women up.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Lanretoye(m): 2:27am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
Men’s ego is the number 1.
Not all women get mouth, but na all men get ego
I pray u will not get to the woman's age before your head go correct

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:57am On Feb 29
Mayeldah:
Read to understand, stop commenting based on emotions. The minister is saying the truth. Women are good at throwing hurtful words but it will do them a lot of good if they know when and how exactly to have their say. Talking back when there is heated argument is the point here not shutting women up.

read again what i wrote, this time slowly and with a clear mind.

an argument is NOT always a woman talking back to a man, it can also be a man talking back to a woman.

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by pocohantas(f): 3:03am On Feb 29
When the man is shouting and saying all sorts of things, act like a fool and keep your mouth shut.

This is the key to a peaceful marriage to a Nigerian man in Nigeria. Because I am sure they don't say all sorts to the foreign relics they marry for green card.

Not two adults learning to communicate respectfully. But one saying all sorts and the submissive one keeps quiet __ so she doesn't get injured. Tomorrow they blame feminism and UK for divorce. To each his own and goodluck to their wives.

MrBrownJay1:

read again what i wrote, this time slowly and with a clear mind.

an argument is NOT always a woman talking back to a man, it can also be a man talking back to a woman.

They never process it that way until they get stabbed by their wives. If the wife was a wrestler, would these men be tempted to hit her?

5 Likes

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:
a marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship. so as much as people in marriage shouldnt shout/insult one another, they should BOTH communicate and work out their differences in a mature manner. telling women to shut up as if they are always wrong (and/or men are always right) is clueless! and even though men are consider the head of the family, it doesnt mean that your woman doesnt have her say in the union.

so your woman's views/opinion are irrelevant in marriage now?! what kind of yeye person would even want such woman in their life?

You spoke my mind on this! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That woman should be tossed out of that position — not just removed —with immediate effect for harboring, talk less of making public, such a view regarding women and marriage. What stewpidity and disconnect, this in 2024! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Mansa6: 4:20am On Feb 29
ShobayoEmma:
She is simply saying two wrongs don't make a right.
This advice could save a soul only if they can bring down their ego.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions

Peter Obi,a dodgy man always playing to the gallery of non COGNITIVE Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Uchedizzy(f): 4:21am On Feb 29
Very well said
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Mansa6: 4:21am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
Men’s ego is the number 1.
Not all women get mouth, but na all men get ego

Even you,your mouth no fit stay one place...cho cho cho cho cho...

Na fists go arrange am finally...

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Mansa6: 4:25am On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:

And where did this woman you are hating UNFOUNDEDLY say anything about marriage being a dictatorship

Are you actually this BLAND and DENSE upstairs!?

Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Feb 29
abobote:
This Keke woman don't really know her work
How did she get this job? Who hired such a closeminded individual with no respect for the rights of individuals including women for this particular position for Pete's sake? This utterance of hers is an insult to the department she presently resides over. undecided

Let me guess, she will equally tell kids not to scream out for help when being pummeled by parents or guardians? Nonsense! lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by wany(f): 4:33am On Feb 29
Armaggedon:
It's a man's decision to make how he expresses love for his family and not in woman's place to judge. A responsible man is a man that plays his role and fulfils his obligation to his family and not a man without ego. Every man has ego and pride while every woman crave for care and attention.

In most cases of domestic violence (not all) it's provocation by women that cause it. If you provoke a man to act violently on you and you expect to blackmail him with "maturity" or "responsibility" you are not helping yourself since you both are most likely going to reconcile. Even if you decide to abandon the marriage, you are not leaving intact, and he has far better chances of remarry than you. Who lost.

What's the point of exchanging words since you can simply keep quiet and save your children from watching scenes of violence. This is the point the minister is making.

Use of seemingly hurtful words on wife doesn't indicate lack of love from husband. Even so, men will apologize in most cases when the rage is over.
Silly you, no gender has monopoly of violence.but rather both parties should respect one another and be matured in their dealing.

3 Likes

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by wany(f): 4:35am On Feb 29
Kobojunkie:
How did she get this job? Who hired such a closeminded individual with no respect for the rights of individuals including women for this particular position for Pete's sake? This utterance of hers is an insult to the department she presently resides over. undecided

Let me guess, she will equally tell kids not to scream out for help when being pummeled by parents or guardians? Nonsense! lipsrsealed
Don't mind her , check properly all na eye service undecided
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Feb 29
wany:
∆ Don't mind her , check properly all na eye service undecided
She ought to be let go from that position immediately. undecided
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Ohraykon: 4:40am On Feb 29
immortalcrown:
Dear women (Jennyclay excluded), kindly take the advice. But what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Men should remember that women are also humans with feelings. Speak to her exactly the way you expect her to speak to you. Don't push a woman to the wall because the society expects her to tackle maltreatment with dumbness. Golden rule! Treat others the way you want to be treated.

I am a man. The way I feel when my fellow man insults me is how I also feel when a woman insults me. I find it weird when men say that women's insult is more painful. But every man can't be me.
are you going against nature? A man telling a woman she is ugly is more painful than if it was a lady who said it. Try to be realistic!
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by wany(f): 5:00am On Feb 29
Ngwamankillyou:

Sir /madam,

If you have a daughter train her well and never encourage her to look down on her husband because real men will always correct your daughter.
Your child will look down on you , if you don't measure up , not to mention a partner. undecided
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by luminouz(m): 5:10am On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:

you must not be well versed with the English language so let me educate your unfortunae self... an exclamation point doesnt always mean shouting/anger... it can also mean to emphasize a point or to express strong feeling/emotion about something.

just because "you" wrongly assume that i am shouting, is the problem here, and i suggest you seek help.
Stop screaming egbon!!! Drink water and stop using coloured letters
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:17am On Feb 29
luminouz:
Stop screaming egbon!!! Drink water and stop using coloured letters

i was expecting a :"thank you for educating me" but that's ok...

BTW using colored letters is another way to emphasize/draw special attention to something i wrote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Saao(m): 5:29am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
In as much as women shouldn’t argue with their husbands at home, the men don’t need to raise their voice on their women. If there is any issue, they should both try to iron it out peacefully without raising voice
do you know most women raise their voice on the men?

1 Like

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by HRMK: 5:57am On Feb 29
very good advice that works like magic!this has few exceptions though!it may not work with a drunkard!!

2 Likes

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Kukutenla: 6:04am On Feb 29
MrBrownJay1:

you are correct, therefore although you dont need to fight/shout or argue, if there is a disagreement, you guys should find ways to COMMUNICATE about the issue in mature manner. saying that women should always shut up during argument is not bright nor healthy for the union. they should both shut up and walk away, and then when they are relaxed, they can sit down and talk about the disagreement in a mature manner. furthermore, if husband is wrong then he should shut up and not try to argue with wife who is right (example: if he is caught in bed with the maid)
Lol. Ok
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Nolevel666: 6:06am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
A responsible head with proper upbringing doesn’t have to exercise his ego. Maturity overrides in the game of ego and mouth clash
Until she cheats on him with another “alpha male” wey no dey gree for anybody

Dey play!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by JessicaRabbit(f): 6:12am On Feb 29
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/shut-up-during-argument-with-your-husbands-minister-warns-women/

Well, I don't agree with this piece. For one, I find the idea of silencing yourself to avoid conflict to be deeply concerning. That can not be a healthy solution in any relationship.
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by immortalcrown(m): 6:26am On Feb 29
Ohraykon:
are you going against nature? A man telling a woman she is ugly is more painful than if it was a lady who said it. Try to be realistic!
Try to be factual by pointing out what is unrealistic in my comment.
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by aimmoney9: 6:32am On Feb 29
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool If u like talk from now till 2morrow.

E go enter the right EAR then comort from the left EAR..

Dis advise is not even for the Genziz that we all know.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Lily Dior....... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by Real2088: 6:41am On Feb 29
Armaggedon:
There is nothing wrong with the head having ego. It's rather the inability of the subordinate to acknowledge and respect it that leads to constant friction.

Are you serious? grin
Re: Shut Up During Argument With Your Husbands - Women Affairs Minister Begs Women by israelmao(m): 6:44am On Feb 29
If some women talk to you it will be as if you should place knife on your neck and cut it off.I advise women to make good use of the gift of gab God gave them for peaceful homes.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do These Set Of People Vote ? / Utomi: Tinubu’s ’Emilokan’ Ambition Not Good For Democracy / Peter Obi Worships At Dunamis International Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.