Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports (28271 Views)

Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by radiolover(m): 10:58am On Feb 29
ArmaniUhuru:
Thank you Coach!
Too much defensive football like your brother Jose mourinho

It's time to see our Super Eagles play a Manchester City kind of football.

I expected this comment. Defensive football in their DNA
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Codes151(m): 11:01am On Feb 29
Players went and played rubbish.. you are coming to sack coach..

lets see how it goes then..
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by ganiyud2001(m): 11:02am On Feb 29
Let him go and coach any country and see how many coach left Nigeria and do well all the coaches Nigeria got talent we need good coach that can harness the resources
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by aremubabs: 11:02am On Feb 29
Mrtaye:

Fomer African footballer of the year
Nations cup winner
Olympic gold medalist
Champions league winner
Spanish league winner
Fifa U17 world cup winner as coach
Tanzanian national team coach to the nation's cup(qualified them after almost 40 years in the wilderness)
FIFA technical committee member
FIFA licensed coach

He was a good footballer doesn't mean that he would be a good coach.

Amuneke is largely untested. Forget his achievement with the u-17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by aremubabs: 11:04am On Feb 29
Angelfrost:

I wonder o... Amuneke still has ways to go, experience wise.

They should go for the top coach in the Nigerian Premier League... Or get Benni McCarthy from Old Trafford. cool

Honestly, Amuneke is still untested. Let him try the u-23 Eagles first, maybe.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by GoodSpirit: 11:06am On Feb 29
Pristine664:
I expected this 100 percent. I know he can't resist that huge offer from Algeria.

Yeah the offer was huge , nice for him.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by tonicyril: 11:06am On Feb 29
ArmaniUhuru:
Thank you Coach!
Too much defensive football like your brother Jose mourinho

It's time to see our Super Eagles play a Manchester City kind of football.
As if ur SE have the quality of players to execute that grin

Have u ever wondered why he chose defensive tactics in the first place??
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Rostikol: 11:07am On Feb 29
They should give that job to Finidi George or Amunike.

No more white coach.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by NOwazobia: 11:14am On Feb 29
Great news

I wish him well.

We should look inward

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by IyaTola: 11:18am On Feb 29
Ogiame:
Very good...

Now is the right time to address the rot in our Football Federation where they employ foreign coaches for the National team and do a [b]Kill and Divide on their salaries or should I say take some percentage from their huge salaries as kickback for giving them the job.[/b]

José Peseiro, I might not like your Haram style of football you introduced in the Super Eagles (That's not our cultural free flowing style of football) but I wish you well.
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION FROM ? WHATS YOUR SOURCE
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by NOwazobia: 11:19am On Feb 29
Mannyautos:
Lol. After collecting some cool cash after the tournament...

I'm not sure this is the right step for us though. We need stability in our National Team, especially with the world cup qualifiers on the horizon. This abrupt changing of coaches cost us a place in the last world cup, and also cost us a place in the Afcon some years back. We have a good squad and we need to get stability not changing coaches that would start building up again.
Wetin your Peisero build up that is needed retaining?🙄
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Ogiame: 11:22am On Feb 29
IyaTola:
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION FROM ? WHATS YOUR SOURCE
Maybe when you dress properly without exposing your boobs, I will tell you about my source.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by aremubabs: 11:25am On Feb 29
Rostikol:

Did your father test Peseiro before you hired him?

Rohr, who tested him?

Idiots.

Only Nigerian coaches must be ‘tested’ first.

Stupid fools.

Have you checked Rohr's managerial history?

Have you checked Peseiro's managerial history? Someone who has managed Sporting CP and Braga? Someone who has worked as assistant coach with Real Madrid?
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by oilyngbati(m): 11:30am On Feb 29
Good riddance! The most useless coach in the history of the super eagles, who don’t know when to make changes
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Smooyis(m): 11:37am On Feb 29
Best of luck in your future endeavor
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:40am On Feb 29
Adakintroy:
He is a average coach.

Those players played wetin them know.

Carry oshimen yet na only one goal him score under you. Because you set up team to be five man defensive. Make cotde voir look like prime baca for our head.
what else should have been done to make osihmen score More or was he also responsible for some misses osihmen did at Afcon... After all some of our players are average anyway... But u pple think employing a foreigner and spending dollars can do some magic.. see ivory coast a Loca coach took charge from second round and they won Afcon... Nigeria should start thinking of local coaches and give them the regards Also accorded to a foreigner simple
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:42am On Feb 29
Angelfrost:

I wonder o... Amuneke still has ways to go, experience wise.

They should go for the top coach in the Nigerian Premier League... Or get Benni McCarthy from Old Trafford. cool
amuneke took Tanzania to Afcon 2019 yet im no Sabi anything.. u guys don't always value ur own...
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Jayhome24: 11:44am On Feb 29
Passaru or Pasuma safe trip.

Bye, bye!!!
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Exceed15: 11:44am On Feb 29
He did well. He surpassed his expectations.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:44am On Feb 29
SoNature:
The NFF should let him go.

Hire French coach Hervé Renard!

That man is the most decorated AFCON coach!
and spend scarce dollars what did he achieved when last he coach morroco lost to Benin republic at second round Afcon 2019... U guys hype these foreigners to much
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:46am On Feb 29
aremubabs:

Honestly, Amuneke is still untested. Let him try the u-23 Eagles first, maybe.
is this a joke someone who qualified Tanzania to afcon 2019 after they last went afcon last in 1980... U can't be serious
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Spiritualmind10: 11:52am On Feb 29
Nigeria should appoint a local coach, but if they should appoint any foreign coach, then it should be Herve Renard.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Elidrisy20: 11:54am On Feb 29
Adius
Gracias kancaskis
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by merits(m): 11:58am On Feb 29
HonNL:
His contract expires tomorrow

Pulse Sports Nigeria

SOURCE

I don't blame him he has seen the politics in NFF and he can not cope,If not politics somebody like Zaidu and Iwobi don't deserve to be in our national team.

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Pristine664: 12:02pm On Feb 29
Ogiame:
Stand on the mandate na... Why begging
Who told you the guy supported or voted for Tinubu ?
It's people like you that make people to be hostile to your kinsmen that are begging on social media with the way you insult beggars from other sides.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Soulsymbol99: 12:02pm On Feb 29
This one dey feel like pep ni? undecided
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by aribisala0(m): 12:04pm On Feb 29
superCleanworks:

walahi. only people that have not been to glass house will expect miracles from any coach handling the national team.

If you check now, they might still be owing this coach 😂

That is why we should thank Stephen Keshi forever
He was not appreciated
He did it with a large number of home based players
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Ogiame: 12:07pm On Feb 29
Pristine664:

Who told you the guy supported or voted for Tinubu ?
It's people like you that make people to be hostile to your kinsmen that are begging on social media with the way you insult beggars from other sides.
Why are you being defensive and a bigot? Are you the one operating the account? Wetin bring kinsmen talk come if you are not a silly bigot. Check my name again and don't be a bigot

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Rostikol: 12:10pm On Feb 29
aremubabs:

Have you checked Rohr's managerial history?

Have you checked Peseiro's managerial history? Someone who has managed Sporting CP and Braga? Someone who has worked as assistant coach with Real Madrid?

Abeg forget that rubbish.

Paid Padi jobs that they dash all these useless white coaches in those places, that have never played the game in their lives.

But if a seasoned ex player like Amunike or Finidi applies, they will be rejected because they are black Africans.

Finidi knows football more than Peseiro, because he has played at the very top level of football. Same as Amunike.

So FC,k that shiit.
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by 13greens: 12:20pm On Feb 29
Thank you for your services, you can now go.
Defence minister
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Vintage9999: 12:54pm On Feb 29
I think we should retain him. Maybe he was a bit rigid during the tournament but I think it is best if he stays. The players generally seem to like him, theres a good camaraderie in the side, and him staying will bring stability to the side. We can't keep chopping and changing. If we didn't let Rohr go, we would have qualified for 2022 world cup. There is an afcon next year, there is a world cup qualification campaign upon us, I dont think it is in our best Interest to let him go. Let him build on the work he is currently doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oghenekaro Etebo Welcomes A Baby With His Wife / LGBTQ: FIFA Ask Worldcup Teams To Focus On Football Not Gay Rights / Nigerian Children in Slums are Learning to Play Chess & It’s Inspiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.