Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine (30727 Views)

Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by pocohantas(f): 4:27pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

Not every human is good looking...call a spade a spade, some people are ugly while some are good looking. Some are rich, some are poor, some are intelligent, some are dull.... Na so life be. All humans cannot be rich, beautiful, intelligent, talented, etc...we are not equally yoked.

I don't know why a moniker quickly came to mind. God forgive me. Some people dull sha.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by 12345baba(m): 4:27pm On Mar 06
You ma y u go follow ugly girl?

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 4:28pm On Mar 06
Elohorp:

Don't ugly men get married,no one is ugly,you are not God,you cannot make a human being don't call anyone ugly,this is how some men Mary beautiful devils then start coming to disturb our ears later

Guy, some people are ugly....lets stop pretending. That is life, not everyone can be good looking...just accept it that way

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by TenQ: 4:28pm On Mar 06
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.
If this is true, you have an mature mummy!

Tell her I said so!

Is she herself even beautiful?

99 % of women are average. Makeup and packaging is what makes the difference for them.

Have you seen Tiwa Savage without makeup?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by tonicyril: 4:28pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Lol funny but sad.

Your Mom reminds me of my Moms family that are particular about the beauty of a girl or handsomeness of a man you're bringing home. As in.. they will tell you this one you bring dudu nyanya come hope you're not planning to have something with him/her?
I'm talking about my grand aunties those days, which was why they selected a very handsome oyinbo looking husband for my Mom. Others who came were rejected until fine boy Lagos (my dad) now came. grin.

See she's your Mom and you need her consent and support in your marriage and if she says she doesn't like who you're bringing, let her go abi? This one you're claiming peace of mind, wait until you marry her. Let me tell you some girls can pretend just to enter especially if they know they are not so attractive but after they enter na that your mama she go first slap.

Abeg let her go. Prayerfully look for another girl and stop making it look like we wey fine na pain in the neck.. we too dey give peace of mind but if we do small shakara una go say we no give una peace. If woman no do shakara for her her husband who she go do am for?

Abeg leave her and let mama have her own peace of mind too. No be only you want peace of mind grin
U mean he should dump the lady who is already 30 after how many years of courtship??
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 4:28pm On Mar 06
pocohantas:

I don't know why a moniker quickly came to mind. God forgive me. Some people dull sha.

hahahha grin
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Lovit(m): 4:29pm On Mar 06
Post her pishure here fess make we check something

Have you imagined what your children will look like marrying an ugly girl?

Character is good but a beautiful woman helps too for socializing and your ego in the public.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by BRATISLAVA: 4:29pm On Mar 06
Oghene86:

On a more serious note you pray to whatever God you believe in to help change your mums perception

What if his Mom has another reason and is using the ugly objection as a cover?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Elohorp(f): 4:30pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

Guy, some people are ugly....lets stop pretending. That is life, not everyone can be good looking...just accept it that way

I am a woman,I don't believe anyone is ugly and is marriage about beauty or handsomeness,if you feel it's physical that's marriage I advise you not to rush into marriage yet but still wait some years

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 4:33pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
lol I'm 100% wife material you will be the happiest person on earth if you see my type to marry.
yinmu! No wonder you're still single at 47?

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Myer(m): 4:33pm On Mar 06
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.
Your mom has a point, looks matter in choice of wife.
If she is ugly but attractive to you, then it is not really a problem.
But if she is ugly and you're not attracted to her, then it may become an issue later.

When you say she gives you peace of mind, it is relative. I have been the source of peace of mind to ladies in the past only to shatter that peace of mind when situation changed.

So there are more important core values to you, which you must also consider.
Generally, here are some core values to look out for?

1. Are you both god-fearing, religious or unbelievers? (Very important)
2. Is she a liability to you or an asset? Does she contribute to your life and well-being besides giving you peace of mind? Are you mutually beneficial without having to instigate or ask?
3. Is she wasteful or able to manage resources? Is she the type that wants to spend all your money or concerned about you saving/investing for the future?
4. Do you know her friends and family? How does she behave around them?
5. Is she the type living her life to impress/oppress others?
6. Is she respectful or condescending?
7/ Is she humble or proud?

If you're comfortable with these answers about her, then you need to stand your grounds as a man to let your mom know it is your marriage and your choice, not hers. No one is indispensable if you've tried your best to make her understand.

May God help you to make the right decision.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Obakoolex(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06
Maybe because she's ugly not that she's not beautiful grin
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by pechillo1: 4:34pm On Mar 06
Show us your girlfriend first make we see

sammymax:

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Rumundele(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06
Where is the picture?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:35pm On Mar 06
enemyofprogress:
yinmu! No wonder you're still single at 47?
Thanks It will end in praise including your sisters that are above 58yrs

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 4:37pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
Thanks It will end in praise including your sisters that are above 58yrs
mo fun ni uppercut. E pain am, well, well. grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:39pm On Mar 06
enemyofprogress:
mo fun ni uppercut. E pain am, well, well. grin grin tongue
ko dun mi rara because you don't know me talkless of my age.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by jerryklopp: 4:39pm On Mar 06
Double0h7:
Trigger warning ⚠️ unpopular opinion ‼️

Have you thought about your children and how they will look? If you’re not attractive then you’re setting your children up for future rejection. People have always looked for good genes to pass along to their offspring. Your mother definitely means well for you.

If you are very attractive then you could offset her lack but if you’re not then you are setting your children up for bullying and rejection of their own.

Another thing, it makes sense that she is peaceful because imagine if she was unattractive inside and out.

See how women thinks. As they say, "women are the problem of women". You are happily discriminating your fellow woman base on looks.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 4:41pm On Mar 06
Elohorp:

I am a woman,I don't believe anyone is ugly and is marriage about beauty or handsomeness,if you feel it's physical that's marriage I advise you not to rush into marriage yet but still wait some years

we just enjoy to pretend, do you want us to start posting pictures of ugly people to prove a point (respect to the ugly)
Some people are damn ugly and that is the truth..
Imagine a very short girl, with shapeless body, pot belly and scattered teeth plus big eyeballs and long forehead. Some girls/guys are so ugly that you will be pitying them , like I said, no disrespect intended, we don't have to make fun of them or make them feel less human. And I respect the people that settle for them, but lets call a spade a spade, as much as there are very attractive people, there are extremely ugly people too

4 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Jewessgratitud3: 4:41pm On Mar 06
tonicyril:
U mean he should dump the lady who is already 30 after how many years of courtship??

Is it now the Mom warned him to leave her?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Talismann: 4:41pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Lol funny but sad.

Your Mom reminds me of my Moms family that are particular about the beauty of a girl or handsomeness of a man you're bringing home. As in.. they will tell you this one you bring dudu nyanya come hope you're not planning to have something with him/her?
I'm talking about my grand aunties those days, which was why they selected a very handsome oyinbo looking husband for my Mom. Others who came were rejected until fine boy Lagos (my dad) now came. grin.

See she's your Mom and you need her consent and support in your marriage and if she says she doesn't like who you're bringing, let her go abi? This one you're claiming peace of mind, wait until you marry her. Let me tell you some girls can pretend just to enter especially if they know they are not so attractive but after they enter na that your mama she go first slap.

Abeg let her go. Prayerfully look for another girl and stop making it look like we wey fine na pain in the neck.. we too dey give peace of mind but if we do small shakara una go say we no give una peace. If woman no do shakara for her her husband who she go do am for?

Abeg leave her and let mama have her own peace of mind too. No be only you want peace of mind grin

my female friend in the neighborhood who is 40+ and fast approaching the irreversible stage of menopause seems much wiser now and talks wisely.

I thought that's the case with all the ladies in that group

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by MPESA(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Lol funny but sad.

You must be joking....
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 4:42pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
ko dun mi rara because you don't know me talkless of my age.
e pain am! She no fit hold am for body, she dey pretend like sey nothing happen. Boyfriend she no get, not to talk of fiance. No thanks to her characters and ogun idile grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Watinhapen(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06
How can you marry a girl that is not beautiful at all? Don’t you have pity for your unborn children? You can only consider marrying a wowo girl if you’re very handsome. You will know that marriage is not just about peace of mind after marrying that wowo girl and you start seeing fine girls every where.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Mrincredy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 06
To be fair, your mum knows more than that girl and perhaps from your previous encounters in relationships,she must have profiled the kind of women you like. What's the essence of marrying that lady when you will cheat on her tomorrow? Talk to your mum but to be candid, go for a beautiful woman that has it all. Women pretend a lot Baba.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Kingrshd3: 4:46pm On Mar 06
Nice2023:

Says who?

Stop joining people to say rubbish.

A lady got help here from anonymous and so many others alike.

What makes him a weakling?

Don't mind those dull and gullible people by saying rubbish because if he didn't share his browns online and he comitt sucide same people will still say sucide is not an option mtheeww..

Problem shared is half solved jare

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by cpu2006(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06
Y u go carry girl wey no beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:48pm On Mar 06
enemyofprogress:
e pain am! She no fit hold am for body, she dey pretend like sey nothing happen. Boyfriend she no get, not to talk of fiance. No thanks to her characters and ogun idile grin grin grin tongue
don't die upon my issues you are not my God don't worry you will witness it, Ogun idle ti dopin all the witches in my family have retired we don't know that language again so rest in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Deicide: 4:49pm On Mar 06
That means you self you ugly
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by gassbee: 4:51pm On Mar 06
CountinBlessins:
Grow up and stop bringing your problems to social media it shows you are a weakling and not fit to be called an adult!! Handle your issues in privacy. Weakling
you are not smart,
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by AmakaTips2: 4:51pm On Mar 06
One man's meat is another man's poison
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Blaze14k: 4:53pm On Mar 06
sammymax:

She even has a reason mine didnt have any reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

62-Year-Old Man And 57-Year-Old Deaconess Owoade Welcome Their First Child / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives / Lady Announces Her Pregnancy On Facebook And Got This Response From Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.