Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine (30719 Views)

Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Prettychild(f): 11:08pm On Mar 06
My advice to you is that if you have prayed and you are comfortable in your spirit about the girl, please ignore your Mum and marry her. I am talking out of experience, cos if you marry to please your Mum and at the end the house becomes hell for you, it’s you that will suffer it all alone, by then your Mum probably would have gone to rest with the Lord and you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by makson007: 12:23am On Mar 07
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.

If you marry a woman because of beauty, it is like buying a house because of paint..
No parents can dictate for me...
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 12:52am On Mar 07
Afolashade00:

Kilode 😂😂😂😂. The description , OMG😂😂😂😂

Lol, they wanted me to spell out before they agree ugliness exist
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 12:59am On Mar 07
Afolashade00:

You made laugh, the part that got me was “why should I shortchange myself and marry an unattractive one” hmmm

They make it look like unattractive girls make good wives while beautiful ones are always bad wives. This is completely false, I wonder how people’s mind have been programmed for negativity. Same people believe suffering in life is a good sign. suffer go wan wound them. They are all negative mentalities. There are so many beautiful girls that are making the best of partners. Everybody with their preferences, and beauty matters to me among other things as well
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by chinchum(m): 5:18am On Mar 07
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.

The boldened statement from you worries me about you going forward because it is your own physical assessment of the lady. I suspect you don't necessarily respect her if you have such damning assessment of her physical beauty. I am wondering what convenience you are truly enjoying in the last 3 years beyond the "peace of mind" you stated. Is she economically way buoyant than you?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by BRATISLAVA: 5:33am On Mar 07
Oghene86:

Then he has to get that out of the mum, it's like you watch lots of asaba home videos 😂😂😂

I may have strong objections to a person but use a flimsy or obvious cover to make it known.

His mother may want him to think deeply.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by njelrapheal: 6:22am On Mar 07
PastorOlokonla:
I married without the initial consent of my parent. Took my friends, drove down to the registry and I was married and nobody knew in my family at the time.

I am the one marrying and not my parents. Ability to make difficult decisions is what makes you a man.

My mum reported me to my uncles and later at my church wedding, she dey do face, me i nor send even though, I love her and was the favorite child.

This story no complete na.. you need to update us weda ur mum and wife don de cool now.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by HRMK: 6:54am On Mar 07
if you too can agree with your mother that she is nou beautiful,we can now ask if its because you dont have the money to get a better wife?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by PastorOlokonla: 7:30am On Mar 07
njelrapheal:

This story no complete na.. you need to update us weda ur mum and wife don de cool now.

Them dey cool at last. She really had no choice. I think she was concerned because I was very young then.
I always have my way from secondary school.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by njelrapheal: 7:53am On Mar 07
PastorOlokonla:

Them dey cool at last. She really had no choice. I think she was concerned because I was very young then.
I always have my way from secondary school.

Nice.. it's all love
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by PastorOlokonla: 7:58am On Mar 07
njelrapheal:

Nice.. it's all love

I was her favorite child so she may be overprotective.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Tzar(m): 8:14am On Mar 07
Your mum is your problem. As long as your woman respects you and your family members, is loyal, doesn’t have a promiscuous past, her family is decent, she is submissive, fertile and homely, she is supposed to be premium wife material.
If your mum resists inspite all these qualities I have enumerated, it is your mum that you should get rid of. She is clearly the problem in your life.
That your mum will die & leave you with a beautiful but problematic wife that will kill you soon to join your mum.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Sweetvie: 8:42am On Mar 07
maasoap:

Says by who? You? Laughing. Have you ever toasted or dated an ugly lady in your dating experience?
She doesn't have to be qualified as beautiful but she must not qualify as ugly too. Think of the looks of your children and how the society will be treating or reacting to their appearances (starting from the bullying at school). Be warned!!
He isn't blind when he approached her in the first place. Beauty is subjective, and everyone has different standards of what they consider attractive. He didn't judge her appearance before, but now that she's in her 30s, he's starting to do so. That's ignorant. A child's genes don't come from the mother alone - they come from both parents. It's not fair to say that your children will be ugly because their mother isn't attractive. Look aren't everything, personality, values, and compatibility are all important factors when it comes to relationships.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Tzar(m): 9:06am On Mar 07
You are so childish!
Bahamas95:
Forget that thing jor!

A pretty girl can possess good qualities while an ugly girl can also make your life miserable. Having good character has nothing to do with looks, a bad person is a bad person.

I wouldn't advice my child to get married to an ugly partner, pity your grand children.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Tzar(m): 9:09am On Mar 07
STFU! If the girl doesn’t have wifely attributes or the mother realizes she is Jezebel but can’t openly call it nko?!
vannessa7:
Danger alert!!! Under no circumstances should you leave that woman, since you couldn't leave her until she turned 30, leaving her now can destroy your life because she will not pray for you, even if she is gentle her head will still fight you, many lives have been destroyed by toying with people's destiny like that, jilting them at the last minute.

Pray that God should change the mind of your mum, no matter how a woman looks if you love her and treat her like a queen you are set for life because she will be your good luck charm everywhere you go, and she is at that age when men enjoys women most because she is matured and can only see marriage in her future she will submit and relax in the marriage. Do everything to marry her unless God says otherwise, mothers can be wrong too but pacify her don't push her aside, get elders to talk to her, make her know she is very important to you but ask her if she will be happy if your life is destroyed because of the consequences of jilting that lady, which is sure to follow, because as she will cry in agony and heart break the universe will fight against you unless you never slept with her or promise her anything.

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Bahamas95(m): 9:26am On Mar 07
Tzar:
You are so childish!
You can say whatever you like, its my choice.

I believe there're pretty women out there with good character, my wife is one of them.

I don't blame OP's mum, I will be disappointed if my child brings home an ugly partner.

If you ain't cool with my comment/opinion.............

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by ttmax09(m): 9:57am On Mar 07
sammymax:

grin grin grin Op you sef don shade ur babe o
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Bouncing2(m): 11:08am On Mar 07
Jeon:
Bouncing2, please help him to plead with the mother, she is like me that deals with looks.
I didn’t actually follow up with the story,,
Well the OP should upload their photos or that of the intending couple’s photos here,
then we’ll leave the floor open for you(Jeon) to pass your judgement.
To you,it’s always about the face card!,
you’ve judged people’s appearance and yours before now.
You might as well keep on judging anyways ,,sad innit?😂

Tbf though ,,Looks actually do matter!.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by PropertyBuying(f): 11:59am On Mar 07
This isn't fair really... Looks shouldn't determine who should be loved, accepted or rejected.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Crosby24: 1:08pm On Mar 07
I wish your lady know about it,she should run far from your family. Sorry if I'm too harsh my brother, who cares if Ned and Obasanjo is👹
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Jeon(f): 1:49pm On Mar 07
Bouncing2:

I didn’t actually follow up with the story,,
Well the OP should upload their photos or that of the intending couple’s photos here,
then we’ll leave the floor open for you(Jeon) to pass your judgement.
To you,it’s always about the face card!,
you’ve judged people’s appearance and yours before now.
You might as well keep on judging anyways ,,sad innit?😂

Tbf though ,,Looks actually do matter!.

And you agreed to it after the capping.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Emdebby2: 4:28pm On Mar 07
Tell your mom that the inner beauty matters. One might be looking so beautiful but with bad character. One might be ugly physically but has good character. If you love her, go ahead and convince your mother that she gives you peace of mind which is a good quality in marriage or relationship. It's very simple. It's your choice. Good luck!
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Bouncing2(m): 8:51am On Mar 08
Jeon:

And you agreed to it after the capping.

😂 you don win,Jeon

Continue being choosy/picky,,,after all na ya kpomo go dry finish 😮‍💨😂
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Jeon(f): 1:03pm On Mar 08
Bouncing2:

😂 you don win,Jeon

Continue being choosy/picky,,,after all na ya kpomo go dry finish 😮‍💨😂
Thank you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by larryking78(m): 5:54am On Mar 14
sammymax:

Watch this Youtube video by Pst Kingsley Okonkwo and his wife. They had a training for singles and married. Your case was mentioned at 40:00-55:00 just try and watch it. He spoke about how to handle parents in relationship n marriages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0mW3bAtrfg?si=dIO6TiIj9gPS-hDN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives / 62-Year-Old Man And 57-Year-Old Deaconess Owoade Welcome Their First Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.