Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine (30672 Views)

Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by twilliamx(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06
Your mum has lived her life with the love of her life, live your life with yours. Na my own advice be thst

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by richie240: 4:53pm On Mar 06
Ehyah, women issues?
I nor dey too like chook mouth into women palava bcus of their queer level of reasoning.

I won't be surprised if she dislikes your gf bcus of things totally outside beauty, but she won't open her mouth to tell u bcus of how it'll sound to the public.

For instance, ur mum and ur gf could be 'highly spiritual'; one can be a witch and the other an ogbanje but on opposing camps. If ur mum tells u that d girl is an ogbanje, won't u ask her how she knew??

Ehn-ehn, So, to avoid suspicion on her self, she would look for one (flimsy) excuse or the other to rubbish her.

Women??
cool
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Elohorp(f): 4:53pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

we just enjoy to pretend, do you want us to start posting pictures of ugly people to prove a point (respect to the ugly)
Some people are damn ugly and that is the truth..
Imagine a very short girl, with shapeless body, pot belly and scattered teeth plus big eyeballs and long forehead. Some girls/guys are so ugly that you will be pitying them , like I said, no disrespect intended, we don't have to make fun of them or make them feel less human. And I respect the people that settle for them, but lets call a spade a spade, as much as there are very attractive people, there are extremely ugly people too

That body you call shapeless is very shapely to another man,anyway let's leave it at that

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Oghene86: 4:54pm On Mar 06
BRATISLAVA:

What if his Mom has another reason and is using the ugly objection as a cover?

Then he has to get that out of the mum, it's like you watch lots of asaba home videos 😂😂😂
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by YoungLionken(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06
All these endless stories on romance ehn🤦‍♂️..

Follow the advice of your mother. Come to think of it, if you switched places, do you think the girl would have accepted to date you??

Men truly, love unconditionally. Unlike women who look out for some certain qualities before they approve/reject...

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Morbeta11(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

Not every human is good looking...call a spade a spade, some people are ugly while some are good looking. Some are rich, some are poor, some are intelligent, some are dull.... Na so life be. All humans cannot be rich, beautiful, intelligent, talented, etc...we are not equally yoked.

An Artist sees no ugliness.....God is the greatest Artist.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Bosman17: 4:56pm On Mar 06
I’m just 42 years old, but I’ve got some wisdom enough to tell you for a fact, she’s saving you from a life of regret… I don’t know how ugly your girlfriend is, but I swear… it’s important to marry a beautiful woman. Yes, character is even more important, but beauty is equally an important factor. Trust me!

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by spiSeyi: 4:56pm On Mar 06
CountinBlessins:
Grow up and stop bringing your problems to social media it shows you are a weakling and not fit to be called an adult!! Handle your issues in privacy. Weakling
Mr ITK (I took know), the OP is not asking you for an advice just read and mute if you have no advice. Nor be by force to put mouth for another man matter. Nah u suppose grow up.
OP if the lady is good and Godly shun your mom's advice. A lot of mothers have mislead their child in marriage and when it happens even your mom will live you to bear your cross. In this life you are OYO cool
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 4:58pm On Mar 06
Morbeta11:

An Artist sees no ugliness.....God is the greatest Artist.

Maybe God will make you or give your artistic children like this

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by lexyclasy: 4:59pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Lol funny but sad.

Your Mom reminds me of my Moms family that are particular about the beauty of a girl or handsomeness of a man you're bringing home. As in.. they will tell you this one you bring dudu nyanya come hope you're not planning to have something with him/her?
I'm talking about my grand aunties those days, which was why they selected a very handsome oyinbo looking husband for my Mom. Others who came were rejected until fine boy Lagos (my dad) now came. grin.

See she's your Mom and you need her consent and support in your marriage and if she says she doesn't like who you're bringing, let her go abi? This one you're claiming peace of mind, wait until you marry her. Let me tell you some girls can pretend just to enter especially if they know they are not so attractive but after they enter na that your mama she go first slap.

Abeg let her go. Prayerfully look for another girl and stop making it look like we wey fine na pain in the neck.. we too dey give peace of mind but if we do small shakara una go say we no give una peace. If woman no do shakara for her her husband who she go do am for?

Abeg leave her and let mama have her own peace of mind too. No be only you want peace of mind grin
Lets see her pics here, before further response.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by kwasoly(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.

Remind your mumsi how she take marry ur pupsi
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by garriAndsugar: 5:01pm On Mar 06
Except there's another thing the your mother is hiding from you her son there shouldn't be a problem.
It's been long I saw an ugly girl, even the ones ugly before are now beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Morbeta11(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

Maybe God will make you or give your artistic children like this
you are very ignorant probably a kid with no life experience.........this is deformity and very wrong to mock him.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by ufotunang: 5:02pm On Mar 06
Tell your mom that is the character of a lady that matters and more important in marriage than the beauty.... that your wife to be jasa good character, responsible and submissive
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by dauntless15(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06
Go and marry pretty girl that'll be fvcking around until she takes your life, tell your mum to bring the beauty queen you must marry, tell her to find the beauty queen herself that you'll have no hand in it, how can you let your mother dictate who you marry, na she go live with am?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by zagorakis(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06
LilMissFavvy:
I thought life should humble your mother if she's alive while her husband died in same car accident.? She is supposed to know that life is vanity and character is more important than beauty. Unfortunately your mom is still canal minded.

You have 3 options

1. Do a registry marriage with your woman, then upon your mother's death in future, you will then do a proper marriage.
2. Get a female distant relative to stand in place of your mother and go ahead with a wedding.
3. Cohabit with your woman without marriage.

Typical of a woman reasoning, very shallow and only straight forward. Avoid this advice.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 5:05pm On Mar 06
Morbeta11:
you are very ignorant probablya kid..........this is deformity and very wrong to mock him.

Yeah and it varies, some people have some facial deformities that make them very ugly .

Being ugly is all about deformity, when someone is too good looking, we say they are perfect.

But being too short, tall, thin, fat, wrong facial features, lack of melanin, skin abnormalities, being too dark etc all contribute to ugliness

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Sucolee(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06
Follow who know road..
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Omoawoke: 5:07pm On Mar 06
dauntless15:
Go and marry pretty girl that'll be fvcking around until she takes your life, tell your mum to bring the beauty queen you must marry, tell her to find the beauty queen herself that you'll have no hand in it, how can you let your mother dictate who you marry, na she go live with am?

People are always too negative, there are so many pretty girls that are decent.
That a girl is beautiful does not automatically mean she will be bad

3 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by IDERAWOLE(m): 5:07pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Lol funny but sad.

Your Mom reminds me of my Moms family that are particular about the beauty of a girl or handsomeness of a man you're bringing home. As in.. they will tell you this one you bring dudu nyanya come hope you're not planning to have something with him/her?
I'm talking about my grand aunties those days, which was why they selected a very handsome oyinbo looking husband for my Mom. Others who came were rejected until fine boy Lagos (my dad) now came. grin.

See she's your Mom and you need her consent and support in your marriage and if she says she doesn't like who you're bringing, let her go abi? This one you're claiming peace of mind, wait until you marry her. Let me tell you some girls can pretend just to enter especially if they know they are not so attractive but after they enter na that your mama she go first slap.

Abeg let her go. Prayerfully look for another girl and stop making it look like we wey fine na pain in the neck.. we too dey give peace of mind but if we do small shakara una go say we no give una peace. If woman no do shakara for her her husband who she go do am for?

Abeg leave her and let mama have her own peace of mind too. No be only you want peace of mind grin

You sure say you dey fine with this your shakara?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by seanery: 5:08pm On Mar 06
MUMMY's BOY

Foolish Simp
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by GodHimself: 5:09pm On Mar 06
You are the final authority in your own life. Every decision you make, you will bear the consequences directly, not your mother, not the people on nairaland.

Ask the Christ within you for clarity. It always hears and always answers.

sammymax:

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by IDERAWOLE(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06
sammymax:

What is the comment of your babe in all of these? If I have that piece of info; I'll let you know which way to go.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by seanery: 5:11pm On Mar 06
Make She no come nao..., so far God and PAstor don bless the marriage. Your MUM is not needed.
Another MOTHER-Like can give the blessing with open heart.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by dauntless15(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06
Omoawoke:

People are always too negative, there are so many pretty girls that are decent.
That a girl is beautiful does not automatically mean she will be bad
Did I say all good looking people are bad? I am good looking, and I'm one of the most decent people I know, I'm merely saying the chances of getting a pretty girl who'd be decent is hard cuz people who look like that have so many guys chasing them and they tend to be promiscuous.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by jesmond3945: 5:15pm On Mar 06
sammymax:

you are not serious. When a mum tells her son the woman to marry, that means she has gauged her son and know that he has a lot of growing up to do. If you want your mum to approve of the girl show her that you are now matured.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Lance008(m): 5:17pm On Mar 06
Abeg leave the girl rest if una no cherish am other boys will
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by OBTOREPA(m): 5:21pm On Mar 06
Jeon:
Bouncing2, please help him to plead with the mother, she is like me that deals with looks.
You have not still given me your contact
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by netmillionaires(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06
Make I add my own little submission. As this oga here stated, let her go through the trouble of looking for a fine girl for you. When you finally marry her and she woze your mama a dirty slap or cut her off, simply say sorry mama! Na the woman wey you marry give me.

But one thing here is sure, do not marry someone your family do not like or you do not like her family unless you want fight right from day one.

We4all:
Your mom is shallow. Very shallow. Tell her to get you 'a beauty queen', before you break up with your ugly duckling.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by netmillionaires(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06
You say what? The blessing that the Bible recognizes is that of the parent and not the pastor. That is why you are blessed already even when you do not have a white wedding.

seanery:
Make She no come nao..., so far God and PAstor don bless the marriage. Your MUM is not needed.
Another MOTHER-Like can give the blessing with open heart.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by nigmarelli(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06
Greetings all. Hmmm sometimes I really pity people who reason like Op's Mom which begs the question what people would actually do if they were to be God almighty in the first place? People go die finish without second and third chances and all that. We can never create technically yet some amongst us think they have high standards!!! What I can say is this and this only the moment any of us loses sight of what is really important in this life and starts looking at things that don't matter our lives are technically finished. Any person wey dey look woman/man assess am based on looks/money or whatever superficial reason is lost and gone honestly. A person is actually the spirit inside the rest na carcass wey dey waka. That na why we dey leave am behind when we die. A word is enough for the wise. Ciao

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 5:28pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
don't die upon my issues you are not my God don't worry you will witness it, Ogun idle ti dopin all the witches in my family have retired we don't know that language again so rest in Jesus name
oro na dun, o fe ke tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Husband Of Egopersonified / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.