Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) (13615 Views)

KWASAA Declares APC Campaign Slogan 'Hate Speech' In Kwara / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano / Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 1:24pm On Feb 29
Some the company taking her to court so she can prove her claims or where unable to prove the claim should be punished for that accordingly is now a crime ?

Were they supposed to invite her to their office n flog her.

Babalegba:
I hope that the stupid company lose a lot. I stopped buying erisco products completely because of that case and I've persuaded other people not to buy their products as well They are bullies and only foolish people defend impunity.
Customers have the right to criticize,it is up to the company to refute and correct. We are not in a zoo,I hope. Nigerians should have illwill towards that foolish company.

3 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by ChatterHouse: 1:27pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

Tell that to all the female in your family

None of my family are this stuupid to damage other people's years of hard work

Learn how to criticise constructively without resorting to Defamation

Ezi

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Mom007(f): 1:28pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:
Don't go about spoiling people's business with your useless opinion

Do you know how much loss the company will incur and the thousands of livelihood that is dependent on the jobs at the said company
Because you have phone is OK for you to speak venom on people's years of hard work

Chioma Okoli is simple myopic and stuuupid, if you want to criticise do it constructively

Freedom of speech is not putting people out of business that your generation can't afford

Unless it's your father that owns erisco food or you are a paid stooge, I don't understand this your bitterness. How is one person's opinion supposed to put a company out of business? When it's not that she said she saw cockroach in it... she said its too sugary. Most if not all tomato paste have sugar in them. This was one of them. Her opinion. Others may prefer the product just for that reason and go for it. Especially those that dilute and use as ketchup. People like you are the reason mediocrity is the norm and the standards are dropping daily in the country!

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Davland(m): 1:29pm On Feb 29
She replied a comment on her post that "they should stop killing people with their products"

I think the company is suing her to defend that statement

6 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 1:32pm On Feb 29
Pergie001:
Some the company taking her to court so she can prove her claims or where unable to prove the claim should be punished for that accordingly is now a crime ?

Were they supposed to invite her to their office n flog her.

It is wrong to bully people and many nigerians are guilty of that. I believe any court case on this matter should be crowdfunded so that erisco s bullying and zoo tactics would be known to all and the company's goods boycotted.
Her legal team should make a public appeal for right minded Nigerians to allign with her ,fund the campaign and kick the useless company into bankruptcy.
I hate bullies. Criticism is good and essential for development

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by ChatterHouse: 1:36pm On Feb 29
Mom007:

Unless it's your father that owns erisco food or you are a paid stooge, I don't understand this your bitterness. How is one person's opinion supposed to put a company out of business? When it's not that she said she saw cockroach in it... she said its too sugary. Most if not all tomato paste have sugar in them. This was one of them. Her opinion. Others may prefer the product just for that reason and go for it. Especially those that dilute and use as ketchup. People like you are the reason mediocrity is the norm and the standards are dropping daily in the country!
Do you know revenue the might lost because of one uncouth human being

Nigeria don't have a hint on how much it takes to build a company
No wonder Buhari called you guys lazy

If you want to criticise do it constructively, don't defame someone's years of hard work
You can decide to give a hint not outrightly naming a Product
Apart from the said foolish girl how many people complain

5 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Svoboda(m): 1:40pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

Do you know how much loss the company will incur and the thousands of livelihood that is dependent on the jobs at the said company
Because you have phone is OK for you to speak venom on people's years of hard work

Chioma Okoli is simple myopic and stuuupid, if you want to criticise do it constructively

Freedom of speech is not putting people out of business that your generation can't afford

She should have simply gone to the consumer protection authorities. Thats what an informed mind ought to do. Not everything is about social media.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by ChatterHouse: 1:45pm On Feb 29
Svoboda:

She should have simply gone to the consumer protection authorities. Thats what an informed mind ought to do. Not everything is about social media.

Allah will bless you abundantly

Nigeria are simply sentimental,every thing is crowded with emotions

Erisco food is merciful

With the way company are exiting Nigeria because of the economy
"you go one spoil my market we kpai here"

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by okotorigba(m): 1:48pm On Feb 29
It is now obvious to discerning people that the said Chioma Egodi Jnr. is being sponsored, if not, why would Arise News documentary be skewed to present her as being victimised. However, the case is in court and she and her sponsors should stop this media blackmail and go and prove how many people the product has killed in the court of law. As for her sponsors and her cheerleaders, whatever you wish for Erisco Foods will come back to you a million fold.

5 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Svoboda(m): 1:50pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

Allah will bless you abundantly

Nigeria are simply sentimental,every thing is crowded with emotions

Erisco food is merciful

With the way company are exiting Nigeria because of the economy
"you go one spoil my market we kpai here"

I remembered vividly the man came on tv and claimed his 15m dollars credit line from china was been threatened because of all the social media noise against his company.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by vickydevoka(m): 1:55pm On Feb 29
She need face justice
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by kingthreat(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29
theysg:

Without you and i, there will be no Nigeira.

If our constitution protects individual who expresses themselves about an idea, then lets play by that and respect the constitution.

But people like you and the ceo of erisco dont play by the book, you break the law all the time.

don't quote me again abeg.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Neoteny(m): 2:09pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

You're a backward character.

Freedom of speech allows anyone to say what they think and experience about any product or service. If the company is certain their product is any good, they'll know that their customers will remain loyal and not care about the opinion of a single reviewer.

It's only in this backwater populated by cretinous supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies such as your humble self that the police will be invited to arrest someone because of an opinion or product review.

You seriously deserve whatever hovel you live in, so that your festering rot is safely cocooned and thus insulate the rest of us from the insipid vile of a troglodyte.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by joseph1832(m): 2:12pm On Feb 29
AnonPoet:
In this special documentary, ARISE Correspondent Adesuwa GIWA-OSAGIE
@Adesuwa_G
highlights Section 24(1) of the Cybercrimes Act of 2015, ruled unlawful by the ECOWAS Court in 2020 but still used to prosecute Nigerians such as the case of Chioma Okoli, a young wife and mother who faced a distressing ordeal due to a Facebook post on tomato paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GKGKjdlpaU?si=W2WRJgG6QFFqxxt5
Wrong! This is wrong!! Your freedom of speech or expression shouldn't be used to defame, malign or use to taint a person's name, image or even brand.

Honestly, the use of social media is causing too much nonsense. If she has a problem with the tomato paste, I know there are ways to go about it, not go on social media, in the name of freedom of expression and start saying what you don't even understand or comprehend.

I sure hope she has learnt her lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by okotorigba(m): 2:12pm On Feb 29
okotorigba:
It is now obvious to discerning people that the said Chioma Egodi Jnr. is being sponsored, if not, why would Arise News documentary be skewed to present her as being victimised. However, the case is in court and she and her sponsors should stop this media blackmail and go and prove how many people the product has killed in the court of law. As for her sponsors and her cheerleaders, whatever you wish for Erisco Foods will come back to you a million fold.

The reporter, Adesuwa intentionally didn't mention the allegation she made that they should be advised to stop killing people with their product and was presenting her as a mother to attract undue sympathy. why not allow the court to do its work. i suspect they are all working together and i stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 2:14pm On Feb 29
All you said below is nonsense.

Again if Erisco believes his company is being maligned what should he do ? How does he seek justice or redress that is my question ?

Or you think the tales of customer always right should apply to this cases too because I can't understand the jargons you wrote below.

Babalegba:
It is wrong to bully people and many nigerians are guilty of that. I believe any court case on this matter should be crowdfunded so that erisco s bullying and zoo tactics would be known to all and the company's goods boycotted.
Her legal team should make a public appeal for right minded Nigerians to allign with her ,fund the campaign and kick the useless company into bankruptcy.
I hate bullies. Criticism is good and essential for development
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by joseph1832(m): 2:18pm On Feb 29
Neoteny:

You're a backward character.

Freedom of speech allows anyone to say what they think and experience about any product or service. If the company is certain their product is any good, they'll know that their customers will remain loyal and not care about the opinion of a single reviewer.

It's only in this backwater populated by cretinous supine protoplasmic inveterate jellies such as your humble self that the police will be invited to arrest someone because of an opinion or product review.

You seriously deserve whatever hovel you live in, so that your festering rot is safely cocooned and thus insulate the rest of us from the insipid vile of a troglodyte.
going by the emboldened. I can now say your mother is a LovePeddler, and I smashed her last night, and hey, she's a lousy lay and your father is a glorified loser with stones inside his head.

After all, it is freedom of expression, no?
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by joseph1832(m): 2:22pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

she's very ignorant. If she has a problem with the brand, there are places she can lodge her complaints, not come on social media and start giving useless review.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by pappilo(m): 2:24pm On Feb 29
Davland:
She replied a comment on her post that "they should stop killing people with their products"

I think the company is suing her to defend that statement

You are the only one with sense here. A shame Arise Peoples Party station deliberately left this most important point out of their report

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Neoteny(m): 2:37pm On Feb 29
joseph1832:
going by the emboldened. I can now say your mother is a LovePeddler, and I smashed her last night, and hey, she's a lousy lay and your father is a glorified loser with stones inside his head.

After all, it is freedom of expression, no?

So what?

You expect me to be riled by your infantile delusions and crushing banality?

You're free to conjure all the fanciful notions you wish, I'm still supporting your rights. You can be certain i won't send cops after you.

Now, I'd suggest you go crawling looking for some lunch.... you're clearly hangry.

tongue

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 2:37pm On Feb 29
Pergie001:
All you said below is nonsense.

Again if Erisco believes his company is being maligned what should he do ? How does he seek justice or redress that is my question ?

Or you think the tales of customer always right should apply to this cases too because I can't understand the jargons you wrote below.

What I wrote is very clear but because you are a Nigerian used to the asinine murky bullying ways of the jungle, you are failing to see the truth.
The crown prosecution service in the UK would not even look at such a case. It is a clear case of the strong bullying the weak in society and I strongly believe that the defense should be crowdfunded and the case publicized. If one million nigerians contribute just ten naira each to the defense fund, the pot would have ten million naira, enough to show the bullies that nigerians can fight back.
Erisco should have contacted her about her post, make known to her the high standard of their goods in comparison to others and the high standard of their factories. Faced with facts she would have had no choice but to apologize and make the facts known in subsequent posts praising erisco foods.
Sometimes brute force does not work and criticism is necessary for development.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Gmajor(m): 2:40pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

How many friends does this Chioma woman have in Facebook??
This story would have died long ago if it wasn't for Erisco that decided to escalate the whole issue.
Most people know about the post because she was arrested.

You are an evil human being because you like to support injustice

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Ukeme8: 2:41pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

Shut up and don't be talking nonsense. How did she spoil the man's business, by making her opinion known, instead of the company addressing the issues? Your head is not correct.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by joseph1832(m): 2:47pm On Feb 29
Neoteny:

So what?

You expect me to be riled by your infantile delusions and crushing banality?

You're free to conjure all the fanciful notions you wish, I'm still supporting your rights. You can be certain i won't send cops after you.

Now, I'd suggest you go crawling looking for some lunch.... you're clearly hangry.
tongue
And I suppose you're clairvoyant thats how you know I'm hungry? talk about making feeble assumptions.

Now you see why you lack the simple sense to discern simple stuff, all the more reason why you make hasty assumptions, still the very reason why you don't know how damaging opinions are, especially unverified and foolish opinions like the ones that emanate from your leprosy infected fingers.

So, you know what they say about assumptions, I'll tell you for free "it's the mother of all fvck ups and it is the lowest form of intelligence" frankly, you don't even have any that's why you can't call the cops on me. You're just down right foolish. smiley
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by joseph1832(m): 2:48pm On Feb 29
Ukeme8:

Shut up and don't be talking nonsense. How did she spoil the man's business, by making her opinion known, instead of the company addressing the issues? Your head is not correct.
Her opinions about the product should have been channeled through the appropriate quarter, not through social media.

There are ways to do things.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by cocoduck: 2:52pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

You have the right to complain, if you are not satisfied with the product or services rendered. stop thinking like an abobakor

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 2:55pm On Feb 29
In short any foolish soul can cook up any foolish claim that as no prove to discredit your business for Nigeria to start crowdfunding such foolishness ?!

I watched live the interview with Erisco chairman where the lady was invited and she was asked the batch number of the product she claim was bad so the company can produce product from that timeline to compare but she was not able to provide that.

See bro if you wail to death n beyond if you alleged a company product is substandard poor or bad or whatever adjective that fit your narrative the whole world most especially Nafdac n those regulating consumer product should be able to verify it. Anything aside that should be punished with jail time if you can not prove or provide verifiable claim.

Babalegba:
What I wrote is very clear but because you are a Nigerian used to the asinine murky bullying ways of the jungle, you are failing to see the truth.
The crown prosecution service in the UK would not even look at such a case. It is a clear case of the strong bullying the weak in society and I strongly believe that the defense should be crowdfunded and the case publicized. If one million nigerians contribute just ten naira each to the defense fund, the pot would have ten million naira, enough to show the bullies that nigerians can fight back.
Erisco should have contacted her about her post, make known to her the high standard of their goods in comparison to others and the high standard of their factories. Faced with facts she would have had no choice but to apologize and make the facts known in subsequent posts praising erisco foods.
Sometimes brute force does not work and criticism is necessary for development.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by ManOfSon: 2:56pm On Feb 29
Nigeria in a nutshell. Online anonymity gives people audacity to just type for clicks and trends. It doesn't mean, though, that this woman wasn't entitled to her opinion. Every consumer is putatively a reviewer of the product. There's absolutely nothing criminal in reviewing a product. But then, it's Nigeria where rules don't count.To fly her from Lagos to Abuja for this is just this Erisco guy using his friends in the police to extract revenge. That's despicable. The police should be ashamed of their role in all of this.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Cromagnon: 3:02pm On Feb 29
kingar:
What happened to freedom of expression in my country. That Erisco boss speak like he’s thinking from his anus. Bigger companies gets reviews both good and bad and uses them to improve on their product, this one is here talking trash
you have freedom of expression, it's freedom after the expression that's the tricky part. Make sure you have evidence not just dem say dem say
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 3:13pm On Feb 29
Pergie001:
In short any foolish soul can cook up any foolish claim that as no prove to discredit your business for Nigeria to start crowdfunding such foolishness ?!

I watched live the interview with Erisco chairman where the lady was invited and she was asked the batch number of the product she claim was bad so the company can produce product from that timeline to compare but she was not able to provide that.

See bro if you wail to death n beyond if you alleged a company product is substandard poor or bad or whatever adjective that fit your narrative the whole world most especially Nafdac n those regulating consumer product should be able to verify it. Anything aside that should be punished with jail time if you can not prove or provide verifiable claim.

I'm sorry that nigerians still think like you in 2024. Do people keep the pack after using a product in Nigeria
The point is not whether she was right or wrong but whether bullying is right in a society and I would prefer to live in a society where bullying is not encouraged. Erisco has lost already and they will lose more the louder the case gets because customers will swerve away from their products. I'm already doing that.
Nigerians need to learn to use wisdom.Not everything can be settled with brute force. Again I despise bullies
As for the ce.o of erisco foods sitting down on TV to discuss the matter, I do find that ridiculous. He should not have brought himself so low . If this was America he would have had to sell the business by now. Cerebral upgrade is needed in Nigeria not brutish behavior.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Blasts Deji Adeyanju: You Are A Product Of Pomp & Pageantry / Buhari Hosts The Governors Of Yobe, Sokoto And Jigawa States, At The State House / Sagay: Hold Buni, Akpanudoedehe Responsible If APC Loses 2023 Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.