Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) (13586 Views)

KWASAA Declares APC Campaign Slogan 'Hate Speech' In Kwara / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano / Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 3:16pm On Feb 29
Shut your mouth if you do not have prove to claim that a product is bad. Keep every foolish comment inside you n saying that respectfully.

Babalegba:
I'm sorry that nigerians still think like you in 2024. Do people keep the pack after using a product in Nigeria
The point is not whether she was right or wrong but whether bullying is right in a society and I would prefer to live in a society where bullying is not encouraged. Erisco has lost already and they will lose more the louder the case gets because customers will swerve away from their products. I'm already doing that.
Nigerians need to learn to use wisdom.Not everything can be settled with brute force. Again I despise bullies
As for the ce.o of erisco foods sitting down on TV to discuss the matter, I do find that ridiculous. He should not have brought himself so low . If this was America he would have had to sell the business by now. Cerebral upgrade is needed in Nigeria not brutish behavior.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by theysg: 3:19pm On Feb 29
kingthreat:

don't quote me again abeg.

Who you be?

I never see you... Plus, i will quote you if i want to.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Timothy89(m): 3:21pm On Feb 29
See as Igbo are showing love to themselves, see raw love
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 3:24pm On Feb 29
joseph1832:
going by the emboldened. I can now say your mother is a LovePeddler, and I smashed her last night, and hey, she's a lousy lay and your father is a glorified loser with stones inside his head.

After all, it is freedom of expression, no?
You are a nuisance and worse than a retarded bonobo. Disgracing your parents and teachers on a public forum is not good. You should behave better than a monkey. I and my friends have been boycotting erisco products since this case came to light and many right thinking nigerians will be looking for alternatives to erisco. Bullying should not be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by kenmaro: 3:25pm On Feb 29
This is a very delicate case that the corporate communications team of Erisco foods needs to apply wisdom if not it will dent the public image of the company towards their consumers loyalty as it may be seen that Erisco foods don't care about her consumers opinion. The talk by the CEO of Erisco foods that Chioma is a member of syndicate is an assumption that holds no water until facts are proven. Using force to frustrate a consumers opinion so as to get public or consumers loyalty doesn't help a brand image as consumers will be divided on their thoughts and most will go with Chioma as faults are easily noticed in products testing like in this case.

The CEO of Erisco foods should refrain from using vulgar words like "I can help people who want to die to die" on screen as this will be seen as arrogant by most of the public and his own concern as a business owner won't be seen anymore. No matter what, Chioma was part of the consuming family of Erisco foods who felt not just dissatisfied but something was in excess in the product and only aired her thoughts wrongly. I think detaining her in the police custody isn't fair as it wasn't a criminal offence rather a civil one. I will advice the management and corporate communications team of Erisco to sit down and review this case to see how best to use it to better promote their brands not prosecuting a dissatisfied consumer.

Note; I have so much admired the progression of Erisco foods from the 90s and I was elated when I heard about the paste manufacturing plant and also the commissioning by President Buhari. Criticism is part of a process that helps strengthen a brand. Erisco should not only look at it from the negative side rather they should harness the positive side.

Buy Nigeria made to grow Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 3:30pm On Feb 29
Pergie001:
Shut your mouth if you do not have prove to claim that a product is bad. Keep every foolish comment inside you n saying that respectfully.

It's no use replying to you as you are a sub standard Nigerian, uncouth, aggressive, abusive,loud, impulsive, lacking control, a poorly educated self inflated mediocrity. Wisdom is more important than brute force and money and erisco has not exhibited wisdom.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Stallione(m): 3:34pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:
Don't go about spoiling people's business with your useless opinion

Do you know how much loss the company will incur and the thousands of livelihood that is dependent on the jobs at the said company
Because you have phone is OK for you to speak venom on people's years of hard work

Chioma Okoli is simple myopic and stuuupid, if you want to criticise do it constructively

Freedom of speech is not putting people out of business that your generation can't afford
hear urself out. Oya continue consuming sugar with ur family all in the name of defence.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Stallione(m): 3:36pm On Feb 29
As long as she keeps chioma okoli in custody, his company and erisco paste may die a natural death. Trust nigerians nah grin
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Neoteny(m): 3:42pm On Feb 29
joseph1832:
And I suppose you're clairvoyant thats how you know I'm hungry? talk about making feeble assumptions.

Now you see why you lack the simple sense to discern simple stuff, all the more reason why you make hasty assumptions, still the very reason why you don't know how damaging opinions are, especially unverified and foolish opinions like the ones that emanate from your leprosy infected fingers.

So, you know what they say about assumptions, I'll tell you for free "it's the mother of all fvck ups and it is the lowest form of intelligence" frankly, you don't even have any that's why you can't call the cops on me. You're just down right foolish. smiley

Boy, i don't have time to read that hogwash you wrote.

I'm glad it worked out for you, or I'm sorry it happened to you.... whichever suits your predicament.

I don't need to be a seer to know you're both hungry and angry....your mental state proper reflects that of a desperately starving destitute who's also borderline insane.

So good luck with all that.

NB: Pls don't waste valuable space with further drivel.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Obierika(m): 3:50pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

This is what most Nigerian corrupt elites and politicians want, gag people...they don't care about your opinion,you must swallow whatever they dish you.

Same thing tinupoo has turned most jobless youths defending him on empty stomach everywhere even on nairaland.

Vagabonds in power and barbarians at the gate 🀑

I hope you will say this same rubbish if you spend your entire resources setting up a business then someone starts capping shit about your products so as to demarket you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 3:53pm On Feb 29
Stallione:
As long as she keeps chioma okoli in custody, his company and erisco paste may die a natural death. Trust nigerians nah grin
I do believe that the defense should be crowdfunded. Her lawyers should publicize the case. If just one million nigerians contribute ten naira each,a fighting fund will be established.
I hate all these stupid powerful nigerians using the police and the law to oppress the commoners. If you offend them,they would just get the police, even DSS to arrest you. It's time that the masses fight back against this moneybag oppressors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by olaoyeisrael8: 3:54pm On Feb 29
Reminds me of Chicago heroine group back then Reminds me of Chicago heroine group back then ...
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Obierika(m): 3:57pm On Feb 29
Babalegba:
I'm sorry that nigerians still think like you in 2024. Do people keep the pack after using a product in Nigeria
The point is not whether she was right or wrong but whether bullying is right in a society and I would prefer to live in a society where bullying is not encouraged. Erisco has lost already and they will lose more the louder the case gets because customers will swerve away from their products. I'm already doing that.
Nigerians need to learn to use wisdom.Not everything can be settled with brute force. Again I despise bullies
As for the ce.o of erisco foods sitting down on TV to discuss the matter, I do find that ridiculous. He should not have brought himself so low . If this was America he would have had to sell the business by now. Cerebral upgrade is needed in Nigeria not brutish behavior.

Who were you expecting to appear on the programme to defend the company if not the chairman of the company?

Someone is about to destro his life's investment and you expect his to send perhaps the Marketing Manager to defend the company, between him and the Marketing Manager who has more to loose if the company crumbles?
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by TopBanter: 4:04pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

This is what most Nigerian corrupt elites and politicians want, gag people...they don't care about your opinion,you must swallow whatever they dish you.

Same thing tinupoo has turned most jobless youths defending him on empty stomach everywhere even on nairaland.

Could you even try to hide your latent anti-Yoruba ethnic bigotry sometimes? What does this have to do with Tinubu?

All your post are hateful, distasteful, unfair and rabid vituperation against our President.

You carry such a toxic and evilly unobjective malevolence against Tinubu, whereby you can never see any good in his action, to the extent no intelligent person will fail to deduce it is because you hate him primordially on account of his ethnicity.

I don't know how your kind function and progress in normal society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Babalegba(m): 4:08pm On Feb 29
Obierika:

Who were you expecting to appear on the programme to defend the company if not the chairman of the company?

Someone is about to destro his life's investment and you expect his to send perhaps the Marketing Manager to defend the company, between him and the Marketing Manager who has more to loose if the company crumbles?
Grow up mate. You are too insular in your reasonings. The man stuck to Nigerian standard which is very low. I used to have a high opinion of the man but not anymore. A m.an should aspire to a higher standard. He will lose once most nigerians get to hear about the case. Bullying is not good.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Forumobserver12(m): 4:19pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

Do you know how much loss the company will incur and the thousands of livelihood that is dependent on the jobs at the said company
Because you have phone is OK for you to speak venom on people's years of hard work

Chioma Okoli is simple myopic and stuuupid, if you want to criticise do it constructively

Freedom of speech is not putting people out of business that your generation can't afford

Aptly said, they don't know the extend such post can damage someone's business and reputation,see where clout chasing has landed her...
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by bentenny(m): 4:19pm On Feb 29
Erisco goofed big time!
This should have been a rare opportunity to use her as a platform to market his products through education of this type of product!

But the brut and ego in him decided to arrest this woman and thereby put a strain on his business!

In developed countries, complaints like this ensure that the owners through their marketing department not only educate her on the content of the product but also offer her the type she is looking for while using her as a means to advertise their products!

When I think about this woman's ordeal I start to wonder if government agencies like servicom still exist in Nigeria!
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by theamazonguru(m): 4:19pm On Feb 29
tollyboy5:
undecided Omo god I just trade at 1475 to a dollar. Which kin cheating bedat!
I enter street price of goods never change!

Where you dey trade. My Binance is off the radar.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 5:24pm On Feb 29
IGBOSON1:

She’s free to say what she wants as per freedom of speech. However, ERISCO is free to take her to court to support her claims! I saw her crying on tv, and i just fast-forwarded the recording! Let her go and corroborate her claims in court….simple!
It is explicitly stated in the constitution that exercising one's rights doesn't mean that a person can cause harm in the process.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Foyin1234: 7:10pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

You have made your point
But calling someone myopic and stupid, how is that a constructive criticism from your own path.

Have you considered the lives and health of people she would have saved by her statement.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Dybala11(m): 7:19pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

The clueless man calling himself president won't succeed in that his devilish plan of course. I pity those clamouring for a military takeover sha, they think that the khaki boys have never been in charge before bah. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by RomanGreen: 8:05pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

But it's fine to keep eating poison and be quiet about it in the name of not spoiling a business right? Some of you loose your conscience in the name of making money. I do not blame you though, keep at it ok until some day some one close gets hurt due to a bad product
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Idaytesj29(m): 10:53pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

I disagree with you but ano get energy to type tonight
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Idaytesj29(m): 10:56pm On Feb 29
bentenny:
Erisco goofed big time!
This should have been a rare opportunity to use her as a platform to market his products through education of this type of product!

But the brut and ego in him decided to arrest this woman and thereby put a strain on his business!

In developed countries, complaints like this ensure that the owners through their marketing department not only educate her on the content of the product but also offer her the type she is looking for while using her as a means to advertise their products!

When I think about this woman's ordeal I start to wonder if government agencies like servicom still exist in Nigeria!

No, Erisco never jam strong headed human being. That Erisco man go know what's up
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by bentenny(m): 11:04pm On Feb 29
Idaytesj29:

No, Erisco never jam strong headed human being. That Erisco man go know what's up
Walahi.....the arrogance just dey annoying!

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Nimen(m): 11:57pm On Feb 29
ChatterHouse:

You're so dumb that I'm not sure you have anyone to tell you.
So if I see a substandard product I shouldn't speak up because the company is someone's business and that it is the source of some people's livelihood? Na people like you dey benefit from a backward country.

This thing cannot happen in a developed country, if you feel the statements were defamatory why not sue on grounds of defamation, how is it a criminal matter? That man is an evil man, and the IGP is complicit, that's why nothing can be done. How can someone be flown to Abuja to be jailed because of a comment on Facebook? You're as evil as that man and karma will do its job

1 Like

Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by IbeOkehie: 12:32am On Mar 01
ChatterHouse:

You have a point...ONLY if the allegations are not true. Your kind of reasoning is exactly why Nigeria is the way it is. Anything for money. This case is an example of wanton abuse of power. I've written several times that this is one reason to migrate from Nigeria to developed countries. Nigeria is a place where a rich man can simply order the police to arrest a poorer person for any reason at all and PAY to have it done, with zero judicial input.

So if a company sells POISON in their product, no one has the right to alert the public? If a company sells defective products, no one can talk about it? In a corrupt nation like Nigeria where the government and regulators can be easily bribed?

Come on, let's be reasonable. I suppose one can say if there's defamation or misinformation, go and sue. Yeah, the more I think about it, it all comes down to this - for any allegation, is it true or not? That's all there is to it.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 12:53am On Mar 01
Developed world yen yen yen, so if you see substandard product you won't keep prove showing it is indeed substandard or you assume people should just take your words for it n start crucifying Erisco ?!

Nimen:

You're so dumb that I'm not sure you have anyone to tell you.
So if I see a substandard product I shouldn't speak up because the company is someone's business and that it is the source of some people's livelihood? Na people like you dey benefit from a backward country.

This thing cannot happen in a developed country, if you feel the statements were defamatory why not sue on grounds of defamation, how is it a criminal matter? That man is an evil man, and the IGP is complicit, that's why nothing can be done. How can someone be flown to Abuja to be jailed because of a comment on Facebook? You're as evil as that man and karma will do its job
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by Pergie001: 1:01am On Mar 01
Different version of foolish comment just full this post. So after NAFDAC licensed Erisco to produce any random person claiming to be customer can just wake up with claiming the product is substandard without prove ?!

Is that the way it is done abroad ? Do you even know what weight a company like Erisco will pull against this claimant most especially when she can't provide any credible prove to her claim in same abroad ?

Do you have any idea how endorsement are pulled from athlete without recourse in the same abroad ?!

IbeOkehie:

You have a point...ONLY if the allegations are not true. Your kind of reasoning is exactly why Nigeria is the way it is. Anything for money. This case is an example of wanton abuse of power. I've written several times that this is one reason to migrate from Nigeria to developed countries. Nigeria is a place where a rich man can simply order the police to arrest a poorer person for any reason at all and PAY to have it done, with zero judicial input.

So if a company sells POISON in their product, no one has the right to alert the public? If a company sells defective products, no one can talk about it? In a corrupt nation like Nigeria where the government and regulators can be easily bribed?

Come on, let's be reasonable. I suppose one can say if there's defamation or misinformation, go and sue. Yeah, the more I think about it, it all comes down to this - for any allegation, is it true or not? That's all there is to it.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by IbeOkehie: 2:02am On Mar 01
Pergie001:
Different version of foolish comment just full this post. So after NAFDAC licensed Erisco to produce any random person claiming to be customer can just wake up with claiming the product is substandard without prove ?!

Is that the way it is done abroad ? Do you even know what weight a company like Erisco will pull against this claimant most especially when she can't provide any credible prove to her claim in same abroad ?

Do you have any idea how endorsement are pulled from athlete without recourse in the same abroad ?!

1) You wrote this just now - So after NAFDAC licensed Erisco to produce any random person claiming to be customer can just wake up with claiming the product is substandard without prove ?!

2) This is what I wrote that prompted your response - Come on, let's be reasonable. I suppose one can say if there's defamation or misinformation, go and sue. Yeah, the more I think about it, it all comes down to this - for any allegation, is it true or not? That's all there is to it.

There's no material difference between my comment and your response. So I don't understand your hostile tone. You Nigerians just get angry for the flimsiest reasons. I would really, really like to know why. shocked

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:41am On Mar 01
theysg:

Who you be?

I never see you... Plus, i will quote you if i want to.

Reading your opinions disgusts me, that's why I'm begging you not to quote me. But since na you get your Nairaland account, then quote as much as you want.
Re: Chioma Okoli, ERISCO Foods And Freedom Of Speech In Nigeria (Video) by meobizy(f): 7:23am On Mar 01
I no get data. I go read the story elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff: Textile Union Joins Strike / Ambode At Christmas Carol At State House, Lagos / Kannywood Stars In Kaduna Support Atiku For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.