Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want (26139 Views)

Some Nigerians Don’t Want Power Sector To Work – Minister Of Power, Adelabu / Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Babangidapikin: 7:10pm On Feb 29
Shikena:
That is exactly where I pray Nigeria to be. Healthy competition around progressive developments. The way we do our stupid "I better pass my neighbor" mentality should start manifesting in our local and state governments. We want badass competition across Nigeria on who has the best roads, hospitals, schools, markets, resorts etc!!!!! Do it directly or reach out to investors to get it done. Bottomline, get it done.

I agree with you 💯 %

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ednut1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 29
meolaniyi:
but you dont have any problem saying Tinubu built Lagos. Lagos that started before Tinubu was born.
another mugu. U cannot be objective for once abi. This is my comment today before i replied to that post. Once someone points out the obvious it automatically means he or she supports tinubu 🤣
https://www.nairaland.com/8016296/tinubu-transform-nigeria-just-like/1#128709420
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Didijiji: 7:15pm On Feb 29
Oga minister

For this hot weather na I’m una no Dey give light you still open that your mouth Dey talk about light
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Blackdisciple(m): 7:17pm On Feb 29
Nice one I wish all states in Nigeria can achieve this but places like Lagos can never achieve this due to crook, and people with criminal minds
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Judolisco(m): 7:24pm On Feb 29
Zupay:

As the then CEO of Diamond Bank, the bank was part of the funding mix under his leadership.
then acknowledge other CEO's that gave loans
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by LordBillionz: 7:24pm On Feb 29
ednut1:
many of you are senseless. So because I pointed out the obvious i must be a Tinubu supporter. Kai
You pointed out what's obvious? Seems you're blind too.
If he behaves like a snake, then he's a snake.
Don't deny your identity.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by bentenny(m): 7:48pm On Feb 29
horsepower102:
It is not rocket science.

Allow private companies to build embedded power plants and give them the power to distribute to specific localities. They can pay a small fee to the owners of the distribution regions like EEDC.

The monopoly of the current distribution companies makes it impossible to do what Barth Nnaji did for Abia state.
Already signed into law and the states are now in charge of giving licences to private companies to generate, transmit and distribute electricity!

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by CyberWolf: 7:53pm On Feb 29
horsepower102:
It is not rocket science.

Allow private companies to build embedded power plants and give them the power to distribute to specific localities. They can pay a small fee to the owners of the distribution regions like EEDC.

The monopoly of the current distribution companies makes it impossible to do what Barth Nnaji did for Abia state.
Why should they pay a fee to the distribution region? For power privatisation to be effective, investors should generate, transmit and distribute what they generate. All these discos are nothing but a bag of liabilities, owned by politicians and their cronies.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by lekonso: 8:06pm On Feb 29
PussyOdour:
shocked

Igbos ingenuity is second to none and envy by all. Forget, God really blessed these people.

In my next life, if there's anything like that, I'll still love to be an Ibibio man, but if God wants to reshuffle my tribe, please God create me an Igbo .
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by atinga1: 8:28pm On Feb 29
ednut1:
alex otti has nothing to do with the project. Make una stop this. Its a private project that started over 10 years ago

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/02/28/weve-no-investment-in-geometric-power-project-abia-govt/?amp=1
I guess you have no data, or you would have watched the video where he proudly said he was part of the project, from the time he was CEO of Diamond bank. It's possible you've seen it, but bad Belle won't allow you accept it.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by AmuDimpka: 9:03pm On Feb 29
post=128709649:
What about Anambra State?
they are building their own IPP ....

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ednut1(m): 9:18pm On Feb 29
atinga1:

I guess you have no data, or you would have watched the video where he proudly said he was part of the project, from the time he was CEO of Diamond bank. It's possible you've seen it, but bad Belle won't allow you accept it.
daimond bank was not the main financier. Make una rest. Did the same daimond bank not crash due to non performing loans. Its a good project but has nothing to do with Otti
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Goddyrichie(m): 10:10pm On Feb 29
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/power-minister-meets-23-state-energy-commissioners-over-electricity-supply/#:~:text=In%20the%20quest%20for%20a,electricity%20challenge%20in%20the%20country.

this is some part of what Peter obi what to do as a president but tribalism and religion don’t let that happen now his big is doing it as a governor Abia state that use to be backward b4 now is what every state praying to b like it’s so even sad 😞 that those that call themselves degree masters PHD holder are d worst when it comes to tribalism and religion
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by naijamerican: 10:21pm On Feb 29
YoungLionken:
Alex Otti has won the hearts of Nigerians and politically more important than any other, as a prospective presidential candidate..

I see a time coming, whereby political parties will look for candidates with street credibility and a man of the people recognized positively by the masses cool...

Otti will remain in Abia for the foreseeable future abeg
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Morphinne: 11:05pm On Feb 29
YoungLionken:
Alex Otti has won the hearts of Nigerians and politically more important than any other, as a prospective presidential candidate..

I see a time coming, whereby political parties will look for candidates with street credibility and a man of the people recognized positively by the masses cool...
It’s funny how you lots have been crediting a 10 years old project to a man who got to power less than a year ago. Truly, this is commendable and we wish to congratulate every Abia people but please, leave politics aside and praise the people who envisioned the project rather than putting Otti at the center stage to pursue your tribalist agenda.
Funny enough, most of you said Tinubu had no hands in the success of Dangote refinery despite the obvious fact that he was the architect behind the development of the land on which the project is built. Most of your kinsmen discredited and still discrediting him and saying he has no hands in the Lagos rail project despite being the Godfather of all the Governors produced in Lagos since after his tenure as governor. We have nothing against Otti but please, this is not his project and the man never claimed it and we both know you wouldn’t be ascribing it to him if he didn’t leave APC grin
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by christistruth01: 11:16pm On Feb 29
Megabig:
That’s nice, once it’s possible in a state, others will be forced to do the same. Nice one Abians

It was a FG project that was started by Obasanjo but Yaradua started the actual building

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Omoawoke: 1:09am On Mar 01
djon78:

I believe FG took electricity as exclusive list

They never allowed states to generate electricity

Horrible bureaucracy and red tape in Nepa, phcn held Nigeria hostage for decades

Also power distribution infrastructure is terrible and needs massive investments

Why geometric power is a success is because they generate and distribute at the same time

With the success achieved by geometric power
FG is now telling states that they can copy what geometric power did and set up clusters of power generation and distribution in there states

So the onus is now left for state governments to create there own electric power structure

If they are serious about it

I also believed why FG was in total control before was so that some states will not leave others behind in development

But we see they can't continue like that because it's too much task for only FG to handle

So every state should sought themselves out

With this a kind of restructuring is going on
Responsible State Governments will begin to become deliver democratic dividend directly to there people

No more hiding under the cloak of FG

Which is all very good for Nigeria's Development

Small small we will be getting there

Well said bro
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by bigwig071(m): 2:02am On Mar 01
Abeg which part of abia? For aba world bank na only for night we dey get light honestly from 1am maybe to 6am or less

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Nico4luv: 9:40am On Mar 01
Funkyswagzz:

I think you should go there yourself to get first hand info

I am in one of the area where geometric plant is located. Is not totally true ,it is operating as usual, nothing has happened. For now ,they said there is something they are working on.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Nico4luv: 9:48am On Mar 01
Geometric plant has not started working completely. They are yet to take off fully. Because areas in osisioma where it is located is still in darkness ... There are so many nose. We the insiders know better.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:54am On Mar 01
Nico4luv:

I am in one of the area where geometric plant is located. Is not totally true ,it is operating as usual, nothing has happened. For now ,they said there is something they are working on.

You will definitely get the light and when you do make sure u inform us
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Jaja222: 10:00am On Mar 01
Now I wish I was in that state
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by chidi10o: 10:17am On Mar 01
FfFf...
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by YellowbaMoslem: 12:14pm On Mar 01
ednut1:
alex otti has nothing to do with the project. Make una stop this. Its a private project that started over 10 years ago

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/02/28/weve-no-investment-in-geometric-power-project-abia-govt/?amp=1

Why did Tinubu that developed Lagos for over 24 years not do it?
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Neddyogu(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01
ednut1:

He just happened to be governor at a time like this. He wan claim glory.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by atinga1: 3:23pm On Mar 01
ednut1:
daimond bank was not the main financier. Make una rest. Did the same daimond bank not crash due to non performing loans. Its a good project but has nothing to do with Otti
Yeah, right. If denial helps you sleep at night, by all means, have at it.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by onyetunge: 5:47pm On Mar 01
This is a total lie, I wonder which part of
Aba they are referring to, total darkness is what we are currently experiencing in Aba and Abia state as a whole.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Leo588(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01
YoungLionken:
Alex Otti has won the hearts of Nigerians and he stands a chance to be politically more important than any other, as a prospective presidential candidate..

To me he has exposed the Nigerian government and the DISCOS on how they destroy Nigerian Power sector

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by okoroemeka(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03
Armaggedon:
How you work out a solution determines how desperately you want a problem to end.

The minister should be working not "wanting"
geometrics power has proved beyond any reasonable doubt the solution,build power stations close to towns and industrial areas that needs huge power,this will boycot the transmission problems,if aba of all places could have steady light for one week what other solution do they want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sagay: This Is The Most Confused, Weakest INEC I Have Ever Seen / Atiku Meets PDP Leaders In Borno Ahead Of 2019 Election (Photos) / Meet Zulfat Suara Running For An At-large Seat On Metro Council, Nashville US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.