Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) (11808 Views)

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? / Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / Trouble Looms As High Court Says No Party Must Field Obaseki As Its Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:17pm On Feb 29
Jayhome24:

Go back to supreme court of heaven or hell then.
Yen Yen Yen
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:20pm On Feb 29
senatordave1:

Why would it suspend it when voting has been concluded? Voting is different from transmission.since electronic transmission failed,you use manual
I guess you're very much aware that this very topic we are discussing here in this thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with Electronic Transmission and/or Manual Transmission.??

JUST GO BACK AND READ THE WHOLE LONG MAIN POST AGAIN...

The topic is about the “Confirmation and Verification of the Accreditation values during the Collation Process - with the BVAS-Machines”..

So tell me,, how can the INEC TRANSMIT those physical BVAS-Machines that were used in the Election ELECTRONICALLY.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:23pm On Feb 29
senatordave1:

It has everything to do with it
Well..

READ THE WHOLE LONG MAIN POST AGAIN...

The topic is about the “Confirmation and Verification of the Accreditation values during the Collation Process - with the BVAS-Machines”..

So,, how can one ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMIT those BVAS-Machines that were used in the Election.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by kikake: 10:27pm On Feb 29
senatordave1:

Why would it suspend it when voting has been concluded? Voting is different from transmission.since electronic transmission failed,you use manual
Why didn't INEC suspend transmission process until the glitch got removed for INEC to resume normal transmission of vote results electronically?

Going back to manual transmission of vote results is like going back to travelling by donkeys. Any Nigerian group, including you, who accepts manual transmission of vote results can elect for its own new country from Nigeria, new country where its people can resort to travelling by donkeys, resort to the stone age; and leave rest of Nigeria to strive for excellence and modernity.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by themanderon: 10:34pm On Feb 29
Aremwayne:
Let them just prepare for 2027, Tinubu is already losing supporters en masse.

Did he have that much supporters to give him the so-called victory he got in 2023? He will simply rig his way in with or without the support of the people.
The Nigerian system is corrupt and rotten to the core.

@topic all you wrote up there is nothing but a waste of time. Even if the court give interpretation they will simply change it if it doesn't favour them.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:37pm On Feb 29
themanderon:

@topic all you wrote up there is nothing but a waste of time. Even if the court give interpretation they will simply change it if it doesn't favour them.

There are reasons we do some things..!!
So that at a stage, they become boxed to one-corner by their own crooked past wicked judgements..
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by AkinPhysicist: 10:40pm On Feb 29
Lawyers don already chop 800 million naira.

How much more una wan chop from HOEbi and his foolish supporters?

2 Likes

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:44pm On Feb 29
kikake:

Why didn't INEC suspend transmission process until the glitch got removed for INEC to resume normal transmission of vote results electronically?

Going back to manual transmission of vote results is like going back to travelling by donkeys. Any Nigerian group, including you, who accepts manual transmission of vote results can elect for its own new country from Nigeria, new country where its people can resort to travelling by donkeys, resort to the stone age; and leave rest of Nigeria to strive for excellence and modernity.

That is why the law allows for two methods of transmission.if there's no electricity,you use manual means of lighting right
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:47pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:
Well..

READ THE WHOLE LONG MAIN POST AGAIN...

So,, how can one ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMIT those BVAS-Machines that were used in the Election.??

The accredited figures recorded in result sheets is usually gotten from bvas sir.it isn't different except in imo,kogi,bayelsa...problems arise from the results not accreditation figures.last year,you were demanding that figures should be verified from inec website and I told you that the figure sent there is same as that in bvas

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by christistruth01: 10:51pm On Feb 29
Nawa4nl:
The powers that be down want fair election.

With fair election APC will loose Lagos

Lagos that GRV didn't even Win the Ordinary Primaries but got the ticket through Abure's Fraud?

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Nawa4nl: 10:52pm On Feb 29
christistruth01:

Lagos that GRV couldn't even win the Ordinary Primaries but got the ticket through Abure's Fraud?
Una thugs, agberos & touts gree person see road ❓️

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Okoroawusa: 10:53pm On Feb 29
Aremwayne:
Let them just prepare for 2027, Tinubu is already losing supporters en masse.
Hahahaha! Dey play
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by kikake: 10:53pm On Feb 29
senatordave1:

That is why the law allows for two methods of transmission.if there's no electricity,you use manual means of lighting right

The law still permitting manual transmission of vote results after the Electoral Act of 2022 that was made purely to abandon manual transmission of vote results; such a law was invented by APC appointed judges.
It's like you bought electricity for your house, but went for darkness for your house.
Electronic transmission of vote results is like electricity

Manual transmission of vote results is like darkness. In manual transmission, third parties are most likely to alter the recorded results of voting.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by christistruth01: 10:54pm On Feb 29
Nawa4nl:

Who won the Lagos LP guber Primaries ,
go and find out

It was not Gbadebo Rhodes it was Prof Awamaridi

Gbadebo Rhodes and Abure are even supposed to be Jailed for that high level of Fraud

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:57pm On Feb 29
kikake:

The law still permitting manual transmission of vote results after the Electoral Act of 2022 that was made purely to abandon manual transmission of vote results; such a law was invented by APC appointed judges.
It's like you bought electricity for your house, but went for darkness for your house.

Manual transmission of vote results is like darkness. In manual transmission, third parties are most likely to alter the recorded results of voting.

Oga,the electoral act says inec can use any means they like to transmit,they can vary it at any time...
Even in electronic transmission,it can also be manipulated.it can be hacked or the opposition party members can be induced.it is the same thing
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Bayajjidda: 11:06pm On Feb 29
Xxxylxxxx:

Your funny bro. Please don't say that again that Atiku is broke. He can't never go broke so long all the avenue to milk the nation is still open. And of course, no government can block all the leakages. Atiku is still rich and nobody in PDD has the financial muscle he has. Nothing like given enough chance, so long you can pay, you will always have your way.

So he's a rich man and couldn't finance his campaigns during last election? Milking Delta State its funds and even making Ifeanyi Okowa to borrow to finance their campaigns? He's rich, huh? Yet he couldn't finance election in the state leaving the financing to the PDP governors, to the extend that they had to cry out of being starved of campaign funds. Most of you just assume, without beaming a torchlight to see things at it is. Yeah, Atiku may be rich but not like before, he had used his business capital to bribed delegates in the past elections in pounds, affecting his businesses badly. His business is now bleeding. Do you know why Reno Omokri left him? Do you know why Daniel Bwala left him? It all boils down to the fact that he's no longer financially buoyant to fund them.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by bentenny(m): 11:08pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:

Is that what the LABOUR-PARTY can do.??
Is that actually part of the functions and duties of Labour-Party.??
I'm speaking in general terms!
I'm also speaking based on the fact that no matter what anyone does nothing will change until the judiciary and INEC finally gets their independence!
Until then,as laudable as your points are,nothing will happen in a judiciary tainted with corruption!
The way I see it now,even if Obi had enough evidence to upturn the tribunal verdict,the judiciary would have looked for a means to subvert justice!

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:23pm On Feb 29
senatordave1:

The accredited figures recorded in result sheets is usually gotten from bvas sir.
You know this is a big fat lie.
But then, whether they are true or not,, we just want a verification..

it isn't different except in imo,kogi,bayelsa... problems arise from the results not accreditation figures.
Explain this to me as if I'm just Seven Years Old..

last year,you were demanding that figures should be verified from inec website and I told you that the figure sent there is same as that in bvas
The figures sent to the website were not used to verify last year. Because they claimed that they would use manual transmission..
So,, what prevented them from using the BVAS to verify??

Me here,, I don't like that website any longer.. and they should stop pretending that they are using it.

WE ARE NOW DOING MANUAL.. SO, LET US DO THE MANUAL VERY VERY WELL..
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:25pm On Feb 29
bentenny:

I'm speaking in general terms!
I'm also speaking based on the fact that no matter what anyone does nothing will change until the judiciary and INEC finally gets their independence!
Until then,as laudable as your points are,nothing will happen in a judiciary tainted with corruption!
The way I see it now,even if Obi had enough evidence to upturn the tribunal verdict,the judiciary would have looked for a means to subvert justice!
Yes.

We know all those things..

But there are things we need to do first,, let it not be that we are the ones playing ourselves into the hands of these predators.!!
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:27pm On Feb 29
AkinPhysicist:
Lawyers don already chop 800 million naira.
Because Obi declared himself.??
And you are now quoting figures anyhow??

How Much do you think they chopped from Tinubu?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by eastcoast100: 11:30pm On Feb 29
How can Atiku be Vice president Twice?
Xxxylxxxx:

Atiku will never accept to be VP.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:33pm On Feb 29
kikake:

This particular talk is supposed to be with the law-makers.

Let the law-makers clean up the languages they used inside the Electoral-Act, and make the meanings to be very clear and very self-explanatory in such a way that there won't be any need for the tribunal and court judges to be using some other laws to interpret what the law-makers might have had in their minds while making the Electoral-Act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 11:54pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:
You know this is a big fat lie.
But then, whether they are true or not,, we just want a verification..

Explain this to me as if I'm just Seven Years Old..

The figures sent to the website were not used to verify last year. Because they claimed that they would use manual transmission..
So,, what prevented them from using the BVAS to verify??

Me here,, I don't like that website any longer.. and they should stop pretending that they are using it.

WE ARE NOW DOING MANUAL.. SO, LET US DO THE MANUAL VERY VERY WELL..

You haven't taken part in any election that is why you are talking like this.i have supervised a whole ward as an adhoc spo due to unforeseen circumstances and also toured a whole lga under lgtech auspices so I am well versed in election matters.once elections are concluded, accreditation figures are copied directly from the bvas into ec8a before any other filling.if they are to manipulate results,they do it within that bvas figure.....mind you,most manipulations are done in connivance with opposition members
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by kikake: 12:06am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:
This particular talk is supposed to be with the law-makers.

Let the law-makers clean up the languages they used inside the Electoral-Act, and make the meanings to be very clear and very self-explanatory in such a way that there won't be any need for the tribunal and court judges to be using some other laws to interpret what the law-makers might have had in their minds while making the Electoral-Act.

There isn't much ambiguity in the Electoral Act of 2022.
Any ambiguity was introduced to serve the needs of Tinubu's lawyers and APC Court judges.
The Act purely set out jettison manual transmission of vote results as the Act's primary objective. How could law makers make laws to provide electricity to a place but says such a place can remain in darkness?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 12:32am On Mar 01
kikake:

There isn't much ambiguity in the Electoral Act of 2022.
Any ambiguity was introduced to serve the needs of Tinubu's lawyers and APC Court judges.
The Act purely set out jettison manual transmission of vote results as the Act's primary objective. How could law makers make laws to provide electricity to a place but says such a place can remain in darkness?

Relax Bro..
Don't be too emotional about this.
There is no need going back-and-forth about this now that the courts have already passed some judgements.

See..
Here on this Nairaland,, throughout the year 2022,, Myself, and Fergie001, and Garfield1 argued about a lot of the Sections and Sub-Sections of the Electoral-Act all through.

Bear in mind that the General Election was still many months away as at the time..
But we already saw the whole loopholes in the Electoral-Act while we were dissecting the texts of the Act.

So,, when the INEC and the Judges made use of those very loopholes in their Judgements,, I just laughed.

It is not about what you think or feel the texts are saying.
It is about what the texts actually are.
And if you in doubts about what the texts are supposed to be saying,, you seek for legal interpretation..
You don't assume the meaning by yourself.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 12:38am On Mar 01
senatordave1:

You haven't taken part in any election that is why you are talking like this.i have supervised a whole ward as an adhoc spo due to unforeseen circumstances and also toured a whole lga under lgtech auspices so I am well versed in election matters.once elections are concluded, accreditation figures are copied directly from the bvas into ec8a before any other filling.if they are to manipulate results, they do it within that bvas figure. ....mind you,most manipulations are done in connivance with opposition members

First of all,, can the BVAS-Figure be changed inside the BVAS for it to be reading another thing which is different from what it originally captured.??

Then..
To what you typed..
Over-voting happened in Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa..
And they were allowed.

So now, if what you said is supposed to be true,, why didn't the Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa Officers copy the figures directly from the BVAS.??

What really happened there??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Splashme: 1:43am On Mar 01
Ok
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 2:14am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

First of all,, can the BVAS-Figure be changed inside the BVAS for it to be reading another thing which is different from what it originally captured.??

Then..
To what you typed..
Over-voting happened in Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa..
And they were allowed.

So now, if what you said is supposed to be true,, why didn't the Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa Officers copy the figures directly from the BVAS.??

What really happened there??

Yes the bvas can be manipulated to read different figures actually that is why I am telling you that they don't usually manipulate the accredited figures but the scores by parties.
What happened in those three states are brazen carelessness,desperation by the incumbent parties to retain power and it seems inec we're induced to look the other way but it is now left for the courts to decide.maybe the parties are misinterpreting the court ruling on the electoral act or testing it.maybe they feel the courts affirmed manual accreditation because in several cases where bvas was bypassed,the court refused to nullify the results....
In summary,the 2023 elections still remain the best since 1999.just days ago,mtn suffered a glitch
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Difrent: 2:52am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

They would have been able to go back if they had not tried to intimidate the judges by the all eyes on the Judiciary campaign.....if them go back na heavy fine them go chop.
See how Appeal court not only dismiss the plateau lawmakers case it fined them 8million naira each.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Difrent: 2:54am On Mar 01
Nawa4nl:

Abure is a thug caught with arms and ammunition and thats who peter Obi stands with.
Yet he was pretending to be different from those he seeks to replace...... Dude just wan grab power like the rest of them
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by AkinPhysicist: 3:18am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:
Because Obi declared himself.??
And you are now quoting figures anyhow??

How Much do you think they chopped from Tinubu?

At least Tinubu has something (the presidency itself) to show for his money spent.

What does HOEbi has to show for the 800 million spent?

HOEbi is a foolish dull man.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:36am On Mar 01
Difrent:

They would have been able to go back if they had not tried to intimidate the judges by the all eyes on the Judiciary campaign.....if them go back na heavy fine them go chop.
See how Appeal court not only dismiss the plateau lawmakers case it fined them 8million naira each.
Why would they be fined for seeking an interpretation of the law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Gov. Uduaghan's 58th Birthday Celebration / Zoo Army Finally Arrest Nnamdi Kanu / Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.