Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) (11806 Views)

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? / Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / Trouble Looms As High Court Says No Party Must Field Obaseki As Its Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by ValarDoharis: 5:03am On Mar 01
You've have resurfaced after supporting Buhari the failure. I'm sure you've sworn allegiance to Tinubu who is failure promax
modath:
Medicine after death. smiley
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Difrent: 5:41am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:
Why would they be fined for seeking an interpretation of the law?

For wasting the time of the courts.
Na so Ozhekome too carry this kind gragra go ask supreme court to review Imo judgement....them nack am 80million fine

When you talk from both sides of your moth Judiciary no send you. If you as a lawyer don't know what to do for your client don't come and gaslight the judges for delivery judgement based on evidences before them
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:48am On Mar 01
Difrent:

For wasting the time of the courts.
Na so Ozhekome too carry this kind gragra go ask supreme court to review Imo judgement....them nack am 80million fine

When you talk from both sides of your moth Judiciary no send you. If you as a lawyer don't know what to do for your client don't come and gaslight the judges for delivery judgement based on evidences before them

I ask again..

Why would anybody be fined FOR SEEKING INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW.??

**(It's like you don't even understand what it means for someone to seek interpretation of the law,, and thus, u didn't even understand the question itself, and you rushed-in and started typing trash.)
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by ejimatic: 6:52am On Mar 01
senatordave1:

It has everything to do with it
"But the court did not rule out the “compulsory verification and confirmation” of the number of accredited voters with the values captured inside the BVAS-machines."

The SC judgement on Oyetola and. Adeleke 2022 has set aside confirmation of acrredited voters and final results through BVM
Emphasis is placed on Voters register at the expense of the BVAS machine record. In other words BVM accreditation is just supplementary and cannot be relied on since the machines can be faulty during the electoral process.

In my opinion LP may be wasting money and time if they go to court for another interpretation of the sections you pointed out !
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Xxxylxxxx: 7:11am On Mar 01
Bayajjidda:

So he's a rich man and couldn't finance his campaigns during last election? Milking Delta State its funds and even making Ifeanyi Okowa to borrow to finance their campaigns? He's rich, huh? Yet he couldn't finance election in the state leaving the financing to the PDP governors, to the extend that they had to cry out of being starved of campaign funds. Most of you just assume, without beaming a torchlight to see things at it is. Yeah, Atiku may be rich but not like before, he had used his business capital to bribed delegates in the past elections in pounds, affecting his businesses badly. His business is now bleeding. Do you know why Reno Omokri left him? Do you know why Daniel Bwala left him? It all boils down to the fact that he's no longer financially buoyant to fund them.
Sir! Don't underestimate what our politicians are capable of, especially old looters like Atiku. Do you know that there are numerous leakages and no new government can block it all? A person like Obi can try because he won't negotiate his way to Aso villa. Atiku is still rich and can pay any amount asks of him to be the next president. About the campaign funds been delayed before it was released. Politicians are smarter than we ordinary Nigerians. In the begining of the campaign, PDP were not well organized and you don't expect him to release money in such uncertainty venture. Despite that, Atiku nearly won the Election. All thanks to Obi who gave Tinubu some votes. If the election was between Tinubu and Atiku, Tinubu will loss.

In conclusion, Atiku is still rich in dollars.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Empresa: 7:52am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

The Labour-Party had earlier in August 2022 approached the Federal High Court in Abuja in order for the court to give interpretations to the following Sections and Sub-Sections of the Electoral-Act-2022; with regards to the Electronic Transmission of Results.
1. Section: 47-(2).
2. Section: 50-(2).
3. Section: 60-((4)&(5)).
4. Section: 62-((1)&(2)).

The court ruled that the INEC is free to determine the mode of transmission of the results, since the Electoral-Act-2022 clearly gave them the authority to choose any mode or method of transmission they so wished.

Thus,, if the INEC decides to still be using MANUAL COLLATION, nobody should shout about it.

But the court did not rule out the “compulsory verification and confirmation” of the number of accredited voters with the values captured inside the BVAS-machines.
And for this reason,, the Labour-Party might have to GO BACK TO THE COURTS AGAIN (OR BETTER-STILL,, ANYBODY OR ANY INTERESTED POLITICAL PARTY MIGHT DECIDE TO HEAD TO THE COURTS) for the courts to Interpret the following Sections and Sub-Sections of the Electoral-Act-2022, (but this time around, with regards to the “COMPULSORY CONFIRMATION AND VERIFICATION” of the written Number of Accredited Voters with the Values of Accredited Voters as captured inside the BVAS-machines during all the levels of collation of results,, and the total re-collation of the whole results wherever there are established errors in the earlier collations..)

1. Section: 47-((2)&(3)).
2. Section: 60(5)
3. Section: 64-(4(a)&4(b)).
4. Section: 64-(5).
5. Section: 64-(6(a),6(b),6(c),&6(d)).
6. Section: 64-(7).
7. Section: 64-(8.).

For the sake of better context and deeper understanding,, let me include the exact texts of the above-mentioned Sections and Sub-Sections,, so that whoever that is contributing to this topic would be well-grounded and well-informed on the topic.

No need, the Tinubu court Will fine You For wasting their time after they have wasted your time by delaying judgment
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Bayajjidda: 8:20am On Mar 01
Xxxylxxxx:

Sir! Don't underestimate what our politicians are capable of, especially old looters like Atiku. Do you know that there are numerous leakages and no new government can block it all? A person like Obi can try because he won't negotiate his way to Aso villa.
1.Atiku is still rich and can pay any amount asks of him to be the next president. About the campaign funds been delayed before it was released. Politicians are smarter than we ordinary Nigerians. In the begining of the campaign, PDP were not well organized and you don't expect him to release money in such uncertainty venture. Despite that, Atiku nearly won the Election.

2. All thanks to Obi who gave Tinubu some votes. If the election was between Tinubu and Atiku, Tinubu will loss.

In conclusion, Atiku is still rich in dollars.

Stop saying stuffs you don't know.

1. Was the last election properly funded even when Okowa had to borrow billions in Delta state name to fund Atiku's campaign?

2. What do you mean by all thanks to Obi who gave Tinubu some votes? How did Peter Obi give Tinubu some votes? Is Peter Obi not a Nigerian, why do you feel he shouldn't contest because renowned looters are contesting? SE wasn't gon vote PDP any way, with or no Obi on the ballot. You can't continue slaving for a party that doesn't care about you.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Inosky: 8:29am On Mar 01
Go to which court in which country? Is there a transparent court in Nigeria? The answer is NO.

Forget 2027, election nothing can stop the criminal APC and Tifnupoo from writing results and giving it to Corrupt Yakubu to call. And thereafter, Judiciary judges to seal.

Dey play.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 8:48am On Mar 01
ejimatic:

"But the court did not rule out the “compulsory verification and confirmation” of the number of accredited voters with the values captured inside the BVAS-machines."

The SC judgement on Oyetola and. Adeleke 2022 has set aside confirmation of acrredited voters and final results through BVM
Emphasis is placed on Voters register at the expense of the BVAS machine record. In other words BVM accreditation is just supplementary and cannot be relied on since the machines can be faulty during the electoral process.

The emboldened portion...
Find the Electoral-Act-2022 and read Section:47((2)&(3)) and see what the electoral laws says about what should happen in case of faulty BVAS-Machines.

Again.
Find the Adeleke Judgement and read it all over again.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by ejimatic: 8:58am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

The emboldened portion...
Find the Electoral-Act-2022 and read Section:47((2)&(3)) and see what the electoral laws says about what should happen in case of faulty BVAS-Machines.

Again.
Find the Adeleke Judgement and read it all over again.
. Any electoral case that is based on BVAS transmission of results and BVAS record of voters is just a waste of time.
SC judgement on the case I referred to makes such a case an academic exercise.
What happend to OBI, LP vrs BAT ,APC 2022?
I predicted at that time that OBI was just making history as a Challenger of the BAT electoral victory. Did he win the case? No!
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by tolulope967: 9:19am On Mar 01
Abeg make una leave my labour party alone.Abeg make una leave my labour party alone....
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Mandate2023: 9:30am On Mar 01
ezechi24:

Well blind people actually don't need to be asked what the colour of his house is, because if someone doesn't tell him the right colour he will talk rubbish....so blind zombie face front let the sufferings lead you on....EBIN PAWA OOOO

I have never been to south east.....simple question, what did otti do in abia, I expected u to tell me what he did even if its just 1 legacy project but as an 0bidi0t there's no need for u to apply brain but insult.......I won't use lagos, if u ask me what fayose did in ekiti I will show u dis

But since it's clear that d geometric plant is not otti project I wonder what u want to show for the over hyping

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by bahaushe1: 10:01am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:
Thank You Very Much Bro..
This is the type of response I have been waiting for.

Most Ward/RA Collation Officers don't do this.
TRUST ME..
Imo-&-Kogi of November 2023 is still a very recent example..
This is exactly why I stated that the LP should take it to the court,, so that it becomes stamped and properly established, without having some officers disobeying it.
(I don't even want to entertain any fear or doubt, whether the number of accredited voters captured inside the BVAS-machines can be altered or increased by the handlers of the BVAS-Machines -- eg. RATECH)

This is exactly what the Electoral-Act-2022 stipulated in Section: 51-(2).
But many Ward/RA collation officers don't cancel anything. They would just continue collating the wrong values like that.
(Like I typed earlier,, I don't want to entertain any fear or doubt, whether the number of accredited voters captured inside the BVAS-machines can be altered or increased by the handlers of the BVAS-Machines -- eg. RATECH)

You and I know that if there are NO DISPUTES,, then, all these things you stated here are not necessary, and they won't apply...
Right??

Now,, what if the Lower-Level Collation Officers didn't settle any of the rising disputes at their levels of collation,, and they kept telling the PARTY-AGENTS that “All the disputes would be settled by the Returning Officer during the final collation...”,, THEN TRUST ME,, at any stage where the disputes arise, whoever that is the collation-officer at that point must apply Section: 64-(6); Section: 64-(7); & Section: 64-(8.)..
Read these Sections up,, especially Section: 64-(6).
That is where you will see it clearly, that if need be,, then the INEC-NATIONAL-RETURNING-OFFICER Might have to actually start going through the whole of all the 176,000+plus BVAS-Machines in order to do the RE-COLLATION all-over again.
(Read Section: 64-(7) of the Electoral-Act very well..)

The Party-Agents were being barred and prevented by gun-wielding military men and police from entering the Ward/RA collating centers and LGA Collation Centers..

So,, this thing you wrote here is very difficult.

Why are the military men and policemen preventing some party-agents from entering the collation center,, and then allow the agents of some other parties to enter??

Summary
The fault is that of the political parties, not the electoral act. There is nothing much court can do.

Get agents at every point of the electoral process. Train them about the guidelines of the election. Tell them what do to.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 11:01am On Mar 01
ejimatic:
. Any electoral case that is based on BVAS transmission of results and BVAS record of voters is just a waste of time.
SC judgement on the case I referred to makes such a case an academic exercise.
What happend to OBI, LP vrs BAT ,APC 2022?
I predicted at that time that OBI was just making history as a Challenger of the BAT electoral victory. Did he win the case? No!

I agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:04am On Mar 01
bahaushe1:

Summary
The fault is that of the political parties, not the electoral act. There is nothing much court can do.

Get agents at every point of the electoral process. Train them about the guidelines of the election. Tell them what do to.

In the Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa election of November-2023,, the party-agents were being stopped by the state-sponsored security forces.

So,, tell me what the party-agents are supposed to do when they were being stopped by gun-wielding military-men and policemen.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:12am On Mar 01
Mandate2023:

I have never been to south east.....simple question, what did otti do in abia, I expected u to tell me what he did even if its just 1 legacy project but as an 0bidi0t there's no need for u to apply brain but insult.......I won't use lagos, if u ask me what fayose did in ekiti I will show u dis

But since it's clear that d geometric plant is not otti project I wonder what u want to show for the over hyping
(the emboldened portion)

That wasn't what the two of you were discussing and arguing on...
So,, why did you digress from your discussion into another thing??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by ezechi24(m): 11:22am On Mar 01
Mandate2023:

Jagons as usual ....show me show me show me ,all what you said in 2023 and brought a mighty disaster unto all of us....abeg fly
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Mandate2023: 11:37am On Mar 01
ezechi24:

Jagons as usual ....show me show me show me ,all what you said in 2023 and brought a mighty disaster unto all of us....abeg fly

To show is to prove......u have hyped him to a point I don't think u should have problem having something to show.......absolutely nothing to show for the hype
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Mandate2023: 11:50am On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:
(the emboldened portion)

That wasn't what the two of you were discussing and arguing on...
So,, why did you digress from your discussion into another thing??

He could not provide evidence that obi won yet claimed it perhaps he can also show otti performance......
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by ezechi24(m): 3:01pm On Mar 01
Mandate2023:

To show is to prove......u have hyped him to a point I don't think u should have problem having something to show.......absolutely nothing to show for the hype

That's exactly what I'm saying ....all what you know is show me show me, but all what you people showed us were jagons and propaganda filed with lies and evil....the reason every one is suffering today

Besides I don't need to show you anything cause even with all the evidence in this world you would still argue blindly like the Nigerian judicial system, just to suit your evil agenda
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by bahaushe1: 6:32pm On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

In the Imo-Kogi-Bayelsa election of November-2023,, the party-agents were being stopped by the state-sponsored security forces.

So,, tell me what the party-agents are supposed to do when they were being stopped by gun-wielding military-men and policemen.

You are right. There could be violence in the lower collation points.

Such violence can be carefully captured and reported at the next collation point.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 7:53pm On Mar 01
bahaushe1:

You are right. There could be violence in the lower collation points.

Such violence can be carefully captured and reported at the next collation point.

If the agents do this in the Edo election, do you think it will work.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Difrent: 11:21pm On Mar 01
BluntCrazeMan:

I ask again..

Why would anybody be fined FOR SEEKING INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW.??

**(It's like you don't even understand what it means for someone to seek interpretation of the law,, and thus, u didn't even understand the question itself, and you rushed-in and started typing trash.)

Oga lawyer they have the option of appealing why not advise them to do
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:58am On Mar 02
Difrent:

Oga lawyer they have the option of appealing why not advise them to do
Appeal.??
How??

The prayers in their first case is difrent from what I am suggesting them to pray this time around.

So, for them not to risk being dismissed for altering their case,, they had to accept the first judgement as it is,, and then proceed for further interpretations in a totally new case.

I don't know why you're even having problems with something that is not supposed to be your action.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Difrent: 8:22am On Mar 02
BluntCrazeMan:

I don't know why you're even having problems with something that is not supposed to be your action.

Was wondering the same about you just a moment ago.
Nogreeforbusybodythisyearoooo
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:08am On Mar 03
Difrent:

Was wondering the same about you just a moment ago.
Nogreeforbusybodythisyearoooo

E go be.
Bye for now
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 3:23am On Mar 03
BluntCrazeMan:

If the agents do this in the Edo election, do you think it will work.??

They can't do that in Edo,the state wants to take Edo state.it can work from Edo lga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Church Times Article: It‘s An Insult For PMB To Claim To Be A Man Of Peace- Reno / Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity / FG Owes 79% Of N20tr Domestic Debts, As Lagos Leads States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.