Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) (11802 Views)

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? / Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / Trouble Looms As High Court Says No Party Must Field Obaseki As Its Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 8:49pm On Feb 29
Donchieli:
Make you go court na

Abi u no get rights again πŸ™„πŸ™„

If this one knows what a Legal Framework is,, he shouldn't have written this.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 8:50pm On Feb 29
ezechi24:
...Na tinubu time we dey bro...
I still remember that.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 8:51pm On Feb 29
SoNature:
What LP needs to do is merge with NNPP and PDP against 2027! If not, it will be an easy ride for APC in 2027!
GET LOST OGA.!!

What is 2027.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 8:52pm On Feb 29
Validated:

Clearly you did not read it.

He thought I was talking about PETER-OBI..

Lots of bunch of toxic persons.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:14pm On Feb 29
CaptMarvel:
You want them to waste another money abi

Though they started wasting.....
Nobody told them to waste......
The money they wasted actually helped us to know exactly where things stood, and where things didn't stand..

So, if they waste this one more money and establish more jurisprudences, it would be to the betterment of Nigerians.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:16pm On Feb 29
Dshocker:
1.... The president is not supposed to appoint the inec chairman.

2..... The inec is supposed to have 6 leadership member, extracted from the 6 geo political zone.

If truly we want to practice free and fair election in Nigeria.

The LABOUR-PARTY is supposed to do this??

Which angle exactly are you actually commenting from??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:16pm On Feb 29
phonek:
Nonsense.
Nothing is working in this country.

Ok.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:18pm On Feb 29
crestedaguiyi:
You guys are making a misery of the country
What's this one saying exactly?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:19pm On Feb 29
LandMann:
It is INEC you should address this to, not Labour Party.

Labour-Party already went to court in August-2022.
So, it won't be a bad idea if they see this to a logical end.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:20pm On Feb 29
peter6441:
It is very necessary
It is necessary..
Urgently Necessary.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:21pm On Feb 29
Nyamiriflathed:
Charge and bail lawyer don drop comment.

After wasting 100 of million of naira, you want them to make it 1 Billion naira.
Yen Yen Yen..

Is it your money??

That time they went to court,, I could remember that I commented here on this Nairaland - that the Labour-Party went for the wrong β€œPrayers”.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:23pm On Feb 29
Nyamiriflathed:

Atiku is bigger than that. After being VP for 8 years, they are hoping he will step down for one Peter Obi. πŸ˜‚
One-Peter-Obi-Like-That will never accept to be VP.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:26pm On Feb 29
WantsandMore:
matters concluded by the Supreme Court?
Which MATTERS Exactly Are You Talking About.??

Which β€œMATTERS” exactly had been concluded at the Supreme Court?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:28pm On Feb 29
bentenny:
In my opinion,I think what needs to be done is an alteration of the power to select and appoint a CJN and INEC chairman/REC by the president!
That law should be altered for INEC and CJN to assume their full independence!

Is that what the LABOUR-PARTY can do.??
Is that actually part of the functions and duties of Labour-Party.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:30pm On Feb 29
olax02:
Please let someone summarize the epistle. undecided
Na you wey no wan read.

That piece is very short.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:31pm On Feb 29
Babalegba:
He will be voted out at the next election when Nigerians realize that labour party is the political arm of the NLC
Yen Yen Yen
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:32pm On Feb 29
aariwa:
The polluted judiciary in emilokan pocket or another one
Same one.

And Emilokan’s pocket won't affect the judgement.!!
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Xxxylxxxx: 9:34pm On Feb 29
Bayajjidda:

Today's Atiku is broke, doesn't have enough money to throw around. Besides PDP has given him enough chance and he failed in all. No be him papa get PDP.
Your funny bro. Please don't say that again that Atiku is broke. He can't never go broke so long all the avenue to milk the nation is still open. And of course, no government can block all the leakages. Atiku is still rich and nobody in PDD has the financial muscle he has. Nothing like given enough chance, so long you can pay, you will always have your way.

1 Like

Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:35pm On Feb 29
ejimatic:
. In my opinion the SC judgement on Oyetola vrs Adeleke 2022 has rendered electronic tramission irrelevant and impotent to change the results announced by the INEC.
The SC held that there could be electronic flaws in the process. So INEC is free to declare results using the manual method.

PLEASE READ THE MAIN POST AGAIN..
BUT THIS TIME,, READ IT TO THE END..
SLLOOOWWWLLYYY.

THE POST IS NOT ABOUT ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSIONS AND MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS..

PLEASE READ AGAIN.!!
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:36pm On Feb 29
johnjose68:

Gbajue again. grin grin
Bunch of Toxic Individuals.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:36pm On Feb 29
Funkyswagzz:

Wait are you realising this?
No mind the nonsense guy.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Jayhome24: 9:55pm On Feb 29
Which court and court of which country?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by WantsandMore: 9:59pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:

what case are you saying labour party should go back to court for? The ones they spent 800million naira for or another? I stand to be correted
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Jayhome24: 10:05pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:

Go back to supreme court of heaven or hell then.
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:05pm On Feb 29
bahaushe1:
Op doesn't seems to have ever participated in election in Nigeria.

You just wasted your time, there is nothing to go to court about.
Thank You Very Much Bro..
This is the type of response I have been waiting for.

2. What every Ward/RA collation officer does is to ask PO to query the BVAS of his PU. The collation officer than cross check all the necessary information on the device before commencing the process of collating the result of that PU.
Most Ward/RA Collation Officers don't do this.
TRUST ME..
Imo-&-Kogi of November 2023 is still a very recent example..
This is exactly why I stated that the LP should take it to the court,, so that it becomes stamped and properly established, without having some officers disobeying it.
(I don't even want to entertain any fear or doubt, whether the number of accredited voters captured inside the BVAS-machines can be altered or increased by the handlers of the BVAS-Machines -- eg. RATECH)

3. There a PO present result that contradicts the information on BVAS, he is asked to go and reconcile. If he is unable to reconcile, the ward collation officer help him do that. If reconciliation is not possible and there is glaring error between what is presented and what is contained in BVAS, the result is cancelled.
This is exactly what the Electoral-Act-2022 stipulated in Section: 51-(2).
But many Ward/RA collation officers don't cancel anything. They would just continue collating the wrong values like that.
(Like I typed earlier,, I don't want to entertain any fear or doubt, whether the number of accredited voters captured inside the BVAS-machines can be altered or increased by the handlers of the BVAS-Machines -- eg. RATECH)

4. It is not possible to verify and confirm information on BVAS at every point of collation. The information on each BVAS relate to individual PUs while at LGA collation results are collated based summation from Ward/RA. How could one then get information about a ward/RA from BVAS when a ward/RA can have over 10 PUs? Now, think of what would happen at state and national collation. INEC, the chief returning officer for presidential election, would have to go through ALL the BVAS used in the election all over the country before making declaration and return.
You and I know that if there are NO DISPUTES,, then, all these things you stated here are not necessary, and they won't apply...
Right??

Now,, what if the Lower-Level Collation Officers didn't settle any of the rising disputes at their levels of collation,, and they kept telling the PARTY-AGENTS that β€œAll the disputes would be settled by the Returning Officer during the final collation...”,, THEN TRUST ME,, at any stage where the disputes arise, whoever that is the collation-officer at that point must apply Section: 64-(6); Section: 64-(7); & Section: 64-(8.)..
Read these Sections up,, especially Section: 64-(6).
That is where you will see it clearly, that if need be,, then the INEC-NATIONAL-RETURNING-OFFICER Might have to actually start going through the whole of all the 176,000+plus BVAS-Machines in order to do the RE-COLLATION all-over again.
(Read Section: 64-(7) of the Electoral-Act very well..)

5. It should be the duty of political parties assign agents to all PUs and collation centers. You cannot fail to provide agents at all the PUs across the country and then ran to Abuja shout rigging. PUs issues should be addressed by PUs agents. Ward/RA collation issues should be addressed at ward/RA center. LGA collation issues should be raised and addressed there.
The Party-Agents were being barred and prevented by gun-wielding military men and police from entering the Ward/RA collating centers and LGA Collation Centers..

So,, this thing you wrote here is very difficult.

Why are the military men and policemen preventing some party-agents from entering the collation center,, and then allow the agents of some other parties to enter??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:07pm On Feb 29
Babalegba:
The two are supposed to be completely separate entities but this being Nigeria,Ajaero has merged the two . Now the nlc has no integrity, dragging labour party down with it.
Yen Yen Yen
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:08pm On Feb 29
gigabyte13:
Make l just dey laugh
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
No be this same labour wey l know abi na NLC una dey talk......!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never see where person go go each state for campaigns, neglect their own party aspirants dey ask people to vote for him alone...
LIKE VOTE WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR OTHER POST, BUT VOTE FOR ME AS PRESIDENT....
WHICH KIND PLAY BE THAT
Not even in the western world.

What's this one saying?
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 29
ejimatic:
. In my opinion the SC judgement on Oyetola vrs Adeleke 2022 has rendered electronic tramission irrelevant and impotent to change the results announced by the INEC.
The SC held that there could be electronic flaws in the process. So INEC is free to declare results using the manual method.

Exactly
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 29
kikake:
To save democracy, he Supreme Court needs to review its decision on the last presidential election in Nigeria; if not, INEC may find just a few voters next presidential election.

Why couldn't INEC suspend the voting process when its transmission system developed a glitch, and continue with the voting process when the glitch is removed?

Why would it suspend it when voting has been concluded? Voting is different from transmission.since electronic transmission failed,you use manual
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by senatordave1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 29
BluntCrazeMan:

PLEASE READ THE MAIN POST AGAIN..
BUT THIS TIME,, READ IT TO THE END..

THE POST IS NOT ABOUT ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION..

It has everything to do with it
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:16pm On Feb 29
WantsandMore:
what case are you saying labour party should go back to court for? The ones they spent 800million naira for or another? I stand to be correted
READ THE ORIGINAL POST AGAIN ABBEGG.!!

CAN'T YOU SEE AUGUST-2022.??
Re: What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) by Kurugu92(m): 10:16pm On Feb 29
That's why it's called labour party their members will labour during primaries, during campaign, during elections, during litigations and after swearing in they shall labour in pain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election / Emir Of Kano Weeps As Jonathan Visits / Happy Birthday To Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.