Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins (8761 Views)

Fuel Price Surge Sparks Public Outcry: Tinubu Vows To Tackle Crisis Head-on / Tinubu Vows To Sue Media Orgs Over Fake News, Character Assassination / Tinubu Vows Not To Step Down For Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Fareke: 11:00pm On Feb 29
President Bola Tinubu on Thursday reiterated his administration’s efforts in tackling smuggling and corruption that have bedevilled the nation.

Tinubu, who spoke at the the commissioning of the Lagos Red Line Train on Thursday, said there is no going back on the economic policies of his government.

Last week, Vice President Kashim Shettima said the Federal Government uncovered 32 routes through which food items are smuggled out of Nigeria.

“I agree smugglers will fight back, corruption will fight back,” Tinubu said while addressing the menacing situation ubiquitous at the country’s borders. “We will fight them to ruins. Corruption will go away, (we will) save the money for you to educate our children, to pay for the healthcare system of our people, to pay for the modern transportation system that works for highest number of people, not those few smugglers,” Tinubu said.

‘No Going Back On Reforms’
During his swearing in last May, the President ended subsidy on petrol, a situation that has led to soaring cost of living that necessitated protests in several parts of the country.

However, the President, on Thursday, assured Nigerians that despite the economic situation in the country at the moment, he will fulfill his campaign promises to the people.

"We said we can do it, you believed in us. We said the people’s lives will end up being better, you believed in us. I could hear a lot of voices right now, I asked for this job, I cannot complain, it’s all about democracy.

“But this revolution that has started, this reform that is ongoing, we are not looking back. The engineering, the construction, the affirmation of our pledge to be loyal to our country. There is one thing I know is that there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel,”
he stated.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/29/we-will-fight-smugglers-corruption-to-ruins-says-tinubu/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Chinjo2: 11:01pm On Feb 29
Mr President,
It is time to start working the talk.
You don't have time anymore
Nigerians have been stretched to their limits.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Sirianese: 11:02pm On Feb 29
Fareke:
By Ignatius Igwe

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday reiterated his administration’s efforts in tackling smuggling and corruption that have bedevilled the nation.

Tinubu, who spoke at the the commissioning of the Lagos Red Line Train on Thursday, said there is no going back on the economic policies of his government.

Last week, Vice President Kashim Shettima said the Federal Government uncovered 32 routes through which food items are smuggled out of Nigeria.

“I agree smugglers will fight back, corruption will fight back,” Tinubu said while addressing the menacing situation ubiquitous at the country’s borders. “We will fight them to ruins. Corruption will go away, (we will) save the money for you to educate our children, to pay for the healthcare system of our people, to pay for the modern transportation system that works for highest number of people, not those few smugglers,” Tinubu said.

‘No Going Back On Reforms’
During his swearing in last May, the President ended subsidy on petrol, a situation that has led to soaring cost of living that necessitated protests in several parts of the country.

However, the President, on Thursday, assured Nigerians that despite the economic situation in the country at the moment, he will fulfill his campaign promises to the people.

"We said we can do it, you believed in us. We said the people’s lives will end up being better, you believed in us. I could hear a lot of voices right now, I asked for this job, I cannot complain, it’s all about democracy.

“But this revolution that has started, this reform that is ongoing, we are not looking back. The engineering, the construction, the affirmation of our pledge to be loyal to our country. There is one thing I know is that there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel,” he stated.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/29/we-will-fight-smugglers-corruption-to-ruins-says-tinubu/

IB Dende be like

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Beebah321(f): 11:24pm On Feb 29
How una wan take fight wetin una start?? undecided

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Chicagograduate(m): 3:29am On Mar 01
What about inflation and poverty?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by CountinBlessins(m): 5:59am On Mar 01
STOP!! STOP!!! STOP !!! THIS IS NOT A CAMPAIGN!!!! STOP TELLING THE MEDIA, WE WILL, FG WILL, FG HAS, FG MAY, FG HAS DECIDED TO!! STOP!!!
TAKE THE STEPS AND WHEN THE CHANGES ARE FELT BY THE COMMON MAN THEN LET THE GOVERNMENT ANNOUCE THE STEPS THEY TOOK TO MAKE THESE CHANGES BEING SEEN BY THE COMMON MAN!!!

THESE ANNOUCNEMENTS ARE SO ANNOYING WHEN THESE CHANGES ARE NOT FELT BY THE COMMON MAN, IT IS ALL LOOKING LIKE PROPAGANDA

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by wunmi590(m): 6:00am On Mar 01

Make I just sidon dey look

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:00am On Mar 01
grin Comic Relief grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:00am On Mar 01
We've heard enough, let him walk the talk!!!
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Badgers14: 6:01am On Mar 01
Let him fight BDC first.

Why does BdC have too much power in Nigeria??

Because the government gave it to them.

Why can't banks deduct money from customers account to effect a wire transfer?

Why sending customers to source dollars to pay to the bank so bank can send an ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION ABROARD??

Why are some schools and companies charging customers in dollars, while the Nigerian currency is naira?

When will Gandollar be prosecuted??

Please don't quote me, I have low battery?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:02am On Mar 01
Idiot!!! A corrupt drug criminal wants to fight corruption. No be winch be that?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by dikings(m): 6:02am On Mar 01
I will do President. grin
We will do Nig Govt grin
Nigeria will continue to fail Woefully, so long as you continue with your "fighting the shadows policies"
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by samogo1: 6:05am On Mar 01
How can corruption fight corruption? I yam so confused?

Buhari vowed for 8 years oh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Spuggie: 6:06am On Mar 01
Abeg, Tinubu is just a comedian.

Even Basketmouth, Bovi and Sabinus will be envious of him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Dollyak(f): 6:09am On Mar 01
Tinubu may undoubtedly change the economic outlook of the country for the better, but I doubt he'll solve the fundamental corruption problems.
He comes across as a pragmatic man who is happy to turn a blind eye to "small stealing" as long as you perform in assigned tasks.
He cares about the nation but is morally conflicted.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by bewla(m): 6:10am On Mar 01
Another banga
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by hopexter(m): 6:10am On Mar 01
Beebah321:
How una wan take fight wetin una start?? undecided

Smuggler spotted grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Obinoscopy(m): 6:11am On Mar 01
This old man is certainly disillusioned. I am sorry but he doesn't sound like someone who has a plan to steer Nigeria in the right direction.

My concern for the country is not even Tinubu. It's the political structure that scares me. There's no viable opposition. People are still putting tribalism above their basic welfare. Politicians are feeding off that tribalism.

Its now that I really understand Fela when he sang the song "suffering and smiling". People from the tribe in power are smiling because their son is the president. People from other tribe are smiling because it's not their son that's making a mess of the country. However everyone is suffering. I'm tired, and I'm waiting for when the rest of Nigerians will be tired so we can take action for the collective interest of our country.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by bewla(m): 6:11am On Mar 01
samogo1:
How can corruption fight corruption? I yam so confused?

Buhari vowed for 8 years oh
Some time you need a thief to fight a thief's
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by hopexter(m): 6:11am On Mar 01
Spuggie:
Abeg, Tinubu is just a comedian.

Even Basketmouth, Bovi and Sabinus will be envious of him.

Look at your rubbish early morning comment grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by meolaniyi(m): 6:19am On Mar 01
This man is a joke
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by bayelsaowei(m): 6:23am On Mar 01
He should fight himself
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Kennyztech: 6:24am On Mar 01
Another story again...
Fight corruption when the head my president is corrupt by default...
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Atarakpa: 6:26am On Mar 01
The best way to secure a community is to employ well know criminals as security. This is Africa proverb.
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Yankee101: 6:27am On Mar 01
This administration na only mouth mouth
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Atarakpa: 6:28am On Mar 01
Badgers14:
Let him fight BDC first.

Why does BdC have too much power in Nigeria??

Because the government gave it to them.

Why can't banks deduct money from customers account to effect a wire transfer?

Why sending customers to source dollars to pay to the bank so bank can send an ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION ABROARD??

Why are some schools and companies charging customers in dollars, while the Nigerian currency is naira?

When will Gandollar be prosecuted??

Please don't quote me, I have low battery?
are you in severe pain. Lol
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by Itiskdg121(m): 6:29am On Mar 01
How Sir?
Who will investigate the Bullion Van?
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by phemmie06(m): 6:32am On Mar 01
Everything about this govt is we will, I will, the only I have that they can boast of is traveling
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by czaratwork: 6:33am On Mar 01
I laugh in Mandarin
Re: Tinubu Vows To Fight Smugglers, Corruption To Ruins by EyeCumInPiece: 6:35am On Mar 01
The Microphone Licker still does not realise election campaigns are over.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Reply To Gej's Christmas Message On Facebook / 2000 ACN Members Defect To PDP In Ogun State / Baraje-led Faction Restrained From Parading As PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.