Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning (5176 Views)

FG To Execute $3.8 Billion Gas Supply Agreement In May / Atiku, Eleka In Ibadan For Commissioning Of Lekan Salami Stadium (Photos) / Uncompleted Projects Slated For Commissioning During Buhari's Lagos Visit - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfoIgbo: 4:05pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

2/3 is about 66%. If one state controls 66% of your gas reserve then it means it is the largest has reserve in Nigeria. It seems you don't understand what 2/3 (66%) means.

Ohaji, Egbema, oguta, Izombe all have natural gas deposit

Even when it comes to the remainder i.e 34% of the gas resources, Igbos have more than 50% of that one also.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 4:13pm On Mar 01
OfoIgbo:

According to the list you sent, Anambra GDP is even greater than Ogun GDP. This is even without the Anambra gas prowess in play grin grin

cc:
Putindbut
These guys do not understand GDP, ibo boys no dey go school before na.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jlow2: 4:28pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

SS states have tens of oil & gas fields and have been supplying the country for decades, Imo has only one oil and gas area and you call it the highest, get sense bro.
I am not you bro, prove what you re saying with verifiable facts, stop runing from pillar to post, I am not talking about oil unless you dnt know the difference, I am talking about gas reserves, show verification fact from any publication that any south south state has gas reserves than Imo state, you were first to insult calling me clown and illiterate, I am not talking about oil or who has been supplying Nigeria for decades, but state that has highest gas reserve in Nigeria as of today, very shameful on how you have subjected yourself to ridicule because you hate Igbo,back you claims with any publication, I have shown you from arise news and others show urs, even if it’s from mushroom newspapers, show us one

6 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 4:39pm On Mar 01
Jlow2:
I am not you bro, prove what you re saying with verifiable facts, stop runing from pillar to post, I am not talking about oil unless you dnt know the difference, I am talking about gas reserves, show verification fact from any publication that any south south state has gas reserves than Imo state, you were first to insult calling me clown and illiterate, I am not talking about oil or who has been supplying Nigeria for decades, but state that has highest gas reserve in Nigeria as of today, very shameful on how you have subjected yourself to ridicule because you hate Igbo,back you claims with any publication, I have shown you from arise news and others show urs, even if it’s from mushroom newspapers, show us one
I am also talking about gas but your problem is, you can't understand english, i'm particular about official source not some useless screenshots you pasting all over.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

I said the cost of the Shell plant is worth more than the GDP of Ogun state. The money that went into building that plant is worth more than all the economic activities that go on in the whole OGUN

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And the cost of Dangote refinery is X100 of anything in the East

You are just a clown
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Oghene86: 5:14pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

Your question is a stupid one.

Your response is a foolish one
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jlow2: 5:28pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

I am also talking about gas but your problem is, you can't understand english, i'm particular about official source not some useless screenshots you pasting all over.
show your official source , since morning you have been constituting nuisance here, show us the official source , the only official source you have is ethnic resentment and hatred for Igbos, that is why you have not shown any official source to back up your claims, you re quick to call sumone a clown and illiterate, but since morning you keep runing from pillar to post, show us the official source you got your information from, it’s simple, common sense is not really common.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:30pm On Mar 01
OfoIgbo:

Even when it comes to the remainder i.e 34% of the gas resources, Igbos have more than 50% of that one also.
You are right. Abia is another gas heavy weight

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:31pm On Mar 01
PureFace1:

And the cost of Dangote refinery is X100 of anything in the East

You are just a clown
Is Dangote Refinery in Yoruba land? Compare projects in Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, and Oyo with what are in the SE.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:33pm On Mar 01
OfoIgbo:

According to the list you sent, Anambra GDP is even greater than Ogun GDP. This is even without the Anambra gas prowess in play grin grin

cc:
Putindbutt
Yes nah

Anambra has the 5th largest state GDP and the largest non-oil and gas GDP after Lagos.

SE no be anybody mate

6 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by SpartaOfLagos: 5:34pm On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:
Anything to depopulate Lagos is welcome

When are we relocating to the East

No be by boasting with development, shey u go go live for yor paradise make u leave the Earth for others

By the way, No source??
I sense envy and hate in your comment but, God has already placed the south east above all the states in southwest . It's just a matter of little time before everywhere go stew. We've started with Geometric electricity and now these. We are unstoppable Insha Allah .

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:34pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

SS gas is audio gas?, the gas your forefather enjoyed, your father enjoyed and now you're consuming, same oil &gas, Ojukwu wasted million lives for. When was gas discovered in Imo?, was it not 2020?, shior.
Where is the gas?

Imo is the future, bro

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by HNICEARTH: 5:43pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:
You're comparing the GDP of Ogun state to FG gas project, you don't have shame, what's is the GDP of Imo state compared to Ogun state?. imo state does not compare.

When you want to argue, try and argue with substance. You cant be loud and still be a gormless airhead cry

Below is everything you need to know about ogun GDP and imo GDP.

I hope this adds substance to your cranium and reduce the empty space therein.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:48pm On Mar 01
SpartaOfLagos:

I sense envy and hate in your comment but, God has already placed the south east above all the states in southwest . It's just a matter of little time before everywhere go stew. We've started with Geometric electricity and now these. We are unstoppable Insha Allah .
SE na their father.

Abia has 188 MW Geometric plan, upgradable to over 500 MW to cover the entire state.

Anambra is building 1,500 MW, the first phase (495MW) will be ready in 2026 and will power the whole Anambra.

Imo is building a power plant at the Nworie River to power Owerri.

The most important, SE is building a 900 MMscfd (6.3 MTPA) gas facilities, which will effectively make SE the West African gas powerhouse.

Nigeria consumes 1.4 MTPA of gas yearly but Imo will produce 6.3 MTPA at full capacity, that's 4.5X more than what Nigeria needs.

Our Yoruba brotherss are busy celebrating Dangote refinery (600,000 barrel per day facility), while we are busy cooking a 6.3 MTPA (900 million metric standard cubic has feet per day) gas facilities.

The best part is only $4.2 billion was spent to achieve that.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

7 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 5:53pm On Mar 01
HNICEARTH:

When you want to argue, try and argue with substance. You cant be loud and still be a gormless airhead cry

Below is everything you need to know about ogun GDP and imo GDP.

I hope this adds substance to your cranium and reduce the empty space therein.
Old data.

Imo is now the second largest state GDP after Lagos, while Rivers, Delta, and Anambra are three, fourth,and fifth respectively.

Nobody send Ogun

5 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by SpartaOfLagos: 6:02pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

SE na their father.

Abia has 188 MW Geometric plan, upgradable to over 500 MW to cover the entire state.

Anambra is building 1,500 MW, the first phase (495MW) will be ready in 2026 and will power the whole Anambra.

The most important, SE is building a 900 MMscfd (6.3 MTPA) gas facilities, which will effectively make SE the West African gas powerhouse.

Nigeria consumes 1.4 MTPA of gas yearly but Imo will produce 6.3 MTPA at full capacity, that's 4.5X more than what Nigeria needs.

Our Yoruba brotherss are busy celebrating Dangote refinery (600,000 barrel per day facility), while we are busy cooking a 6.3 MTPA (900 million metric standard cubic has feet per day) gas facilities.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ’―%
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by YourMrBoo: 6:59pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

SE na their father.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

E choke

Hope you're not spilling much bro

We are erosion ravaged bush region...

In their faces, this thread is like a tsunami to them grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Godfullsam(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:
Anything to depopulate Lagos is welcome

When are we relocating to the East

No be by boasting with development, shey u go go live for yor paradise make u leave the Earth for others

By the way, No source??

What source are you expecting to see?

What credible source will be making unnecessary, jealous and childish comparison with each states of the SW ?

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Godfullsam(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01
mrvitalis:

If you want to depopulate Lagos

Tell tinubu to present a bill that would make all ports equal

You can import what ever you want from any port you want

That's all

Tinubu is a senator representing a state in your region abi?
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 7:18pm On Mar 01
With the two new refineries and a possible one in Oguta, Imo can suprass Lagos in GDP, something I didn't think would be possible, but it's looking inevitable.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 7:41pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:
With the two new refineries and a possible one in Oguta, Imo can suprass Lagos in GDP, something I didn't think would be possible, but it's looking inevitable.

I don't think so.

No state can dethrone Lagos not even in the next 30 years. I am sure of that.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 7:48pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

I don't think so.

No state can dethrone Lagos not even in the next 30 years. I am sure of that.
As far as GDP alone it is possible. GDP is the value of what is produced, and 4/5 world class gas refineries can do the trick. Especially since this Dangote one seems like another one of Nigeria's notorious 'failed refineries' in the making. I could be wrong though, Lagos is extremely far ahead

10 years ago, I wouldn't have believed Imo could pass Rivers but here we are

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 8:09pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:

As far as GDP alone it is possible. GDP is the value of what is produced, and 4/5 world class gas refineries can do the trick. Especially since this Dangote one seems like another one of Nigeria's notorious 'failed refineries' in the making. I could be wrong though, Lagos is extremely far ahead

10 years ago, I wouldn't have believed Imo could pass Rivers but here we are
A lot of things are working in favour of Lagos to retain that tag for a long time.

But the Imo excess gas supply can be the game changer when exported.

Nigeria recently sign a deal with Germany to start exporting 800,000 TPA of gas to them by 2026 and plans to increase it to 1.2 MTPA later.

I don't know how much Imo will earn from gas export but let's do the calculation.

Imo will produce 6.3 MTPA of gas yearly but Nigeria needs 1.4 MTPA for domestic uses. We currently produce 600,000 TPA and import 800,000 TPA.

This means, Imo will have 5.5 MTPA excess to export.

It costs about $400 million to import around 300,000 TPA. Going by this calculation, we can expect to earn around $7.3 billion annually from exporting 5.5 MTPA to Europe.

Going by today's exchange rate, if my calculation is right, the gas plants will grow Imo GDP from 8.4 Trillion Naira to nearly 19 Trillion Naira. If you factor in the multiplier effects, we should be expecting the GDP to hover around 20 - 22 trillion Naira

But Lagos is a 46 Trillion Naira economy.

The road is still FAR

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

Is Dangote Refinery in Yoruba land? Compare projects in Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, and Oyo with what are in the SE.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lagos is Yoruba land, you can keep deluding yourself otherwise

What's in the East lol ? is something there ? as long as you keep running away from it like it is barren there's nothing in the East.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 8:17pm On Mar 01
PureFace1:

Lagos is Yoruba land, you can keep deluding yourself otherwise

What's in the East lol ? is something there ? as long as you keep running away from it like it is barren there's nothing in the East.
Forget Lagos - Ibadan expressway newspaper propaganda, SE is RICHER than SW.

If you provoke me, I'll upload the latest poverty distribution data from NBS.

Even with Lagos una dey claim with una lives, SE is still ahead when it comes to having the lowest number of poor people and lowest poverty rate.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

Forget Lagos - Ibadan expressway newspaper propaganda, SE is RICHER than SW.

If you provoke me, I'll upload the latest poverty distribution data from NBS.

Even with Lagos una dey claim with una lives, SE is still ahead when it comes to having the lowest number of poor people and lowest poverty rate.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Still in your delusional mind

Which poverty statistics lol you mean the one where South West even beat your ass despite when half of your population can't survive in your region ?

Post the full statistics from NBS, South East is still the poorest region in the south.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 8:24pm On Mar 01
PureFace1:

Still in your delusional mind

Which poverty statistics lol you mean the one where South West even beat your ass despite when half of your population can't survive in your region ?

Post the full statistics from NBS, South East is still the poorest region in the south.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 8:34pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So in your delusional mind how did you beat South west lol when the percentage is both the same at 40.3 ?

Now if you include the number of Igbo outside the East not counted you would realize south east is still the poorest zone.

Plus you don't post the full statistics, south east have the highest intensity and degrees of poverty.

You can also post the statistics of Rich household where south west also flogged you but keep playing ostrich like you don't know.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:35pm On Mar 01
PureFace1:

Look at you talking as if every Igbo in Lagos is an importer even the dude hawking gala in Lagos traffic is talking about Port lol
Lagos import paddy rice for it rice mill
Dangote refinery Lagos import crude oil to be refine, Lagos depend on others gas to be able to power it city, all I listened are domiciled in the east.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 8:50pm On Mar 01
PureFace1:

So in your delusional mind how did you beat South west lol when the percentage is both the same at 40.3 ?

Now if you include the number of Igbo outside the East not counted you would realize south east is still the poorest zone.

Plus you don't post the full statistics, south east have the highest intensity and degrees of poverty.

You can also post the statistics of Rich household where south west also flogged you but keep playing ostrich like you don't know.

You are seeing evidence and you are still throwing tantrums like a kid whose lollipop was taken.

If you remove the number of Igbos in SW, poverty rate in SW will even increase.

Which one is the highest intensity and degree of poverty?

FYI, SE has the lowest number in the Social Register of Most Vulnerable Households in Nigeria.

"Most Vulnerable Households' is the right word to use and SE has the lowest.

Richest households - SE first

Poorest Households - SE last

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Progressiveby: 9:19pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

Do you think you're talking with an illiterate like yourself?. what did the useless screenshot proof?, is that an official source?. At least, OP gave a source from SEPLAT that the reserve is 4.3trillion. Do you want to compare this small cup of gas to Bayelsa, Rivers or Akwa ibom that has the largest serving the country for over four decades?. small boy, stop playing.

You are not an illiterate and you don't know the difference between oil reserves and gas reserves? Iti bolibo

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by franchasofficia: 9:55pm On Mar 01
Zupay:
Will Uzodinma utilize the presence of the gas plants to provide 24/7 electricity in the state? angry angry
Hopeless Uzodinjo is a curse to Imo State, until he shamefully vacate that seat after his torturous 8 year reign of terror in Imo, nothing good will happen in Imo through the State government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Government Blames Boko Haram Sect For Blood Shortage In Hospitals / Checkout Striking Resemblance Between VP Yemi Osinbajo And Brother Akin Osinbajo / Fbi Reveals Nigeria's Richest Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.