Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning (5266 Views)

FG To Execute $3.8 Billion Gas Supply Agreement In May / Atiku, Eleka In Ibadan For Commissioning Of Lekan Salami Stadium (Photos) / Uncompleted Projects Slated For Commissioning During Buhari's Lagos Visit - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

You are seeing evidence and you are still throwing tantrums like a kid whose lollipop was taken.

If you remove the number of Igbos in SW, poverty rate in SW will even increase.

Which one is the highest intensity and degree of poverty?

FYI, SE has the lowest number in the Social Register of Most Vulnerable Households in Nigeria.

"Most Vulnerable Households' is the right word to use and SE has the lowest.

Richest households - SE first

Poorest Households - SE last

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

All the gala hawkers and wheel barrow pushers are the one inflating south west poverty statistics, take them back to the East and you have the poorest region in Nigeria grin

NBS posted the full analysis where the poverty intensity is very hard in the East.

As for Richest household, South west beat your silly ass. 67% of South west 30 million population is higher than 67% of South East 20 million population or you don't know mathematics ?
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 10:13pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

A lot of things are working in favour of Lagos to retain that tag for a long time.

But the Imo excess gas supply can be the game changer when exported.

Nigeria recently sign a deal with Germany to start exporting 800,000 TPA of gas to them by 2026 and plans to increase it to 1.2 MTPA later.

I don't know how much Imo will earn from gas export but let's do the calculation.

Imo will produce 6.3 MTPA of gas yearly but Nigeria needs 1.4 MTPA for domestic uses. We currently produce 600,000 TPA and import 800,000 TPA.

This means, Imo will have 5.5 MTPA excess to export.

It costs about $400 million to import around 300,000 TPA. Going by this calculation, we can expect to earn around $7.3 billion annually from exporting 5.5 MTPA to Europe.

Going by today's exchange rate, if my calculation is right, the gas plants will grow Imo GDP from 8.4 Trillion Naira to nearly 19 Trillion Naira. If you factor in the multiplier effects, we should be expecting the GDP to hover around 20 - 22 trillion Naira

But Lagos is a 46 Trillion Naira economy.

The road is still FAR

great points and solid math, udo

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Kepukepu: 10:20pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:
You're comparing the GDP of Ogun state to FG gas project, you don't have shame, what's is the GDP of Imo state compared to Ogun state?. imo state does not compare.
Imo GDP is bigger than Ogun state
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by gideon22h: 10:20pm On Mar 01
We can still feel the severe pain firmly embedded in your voice. Google them. Spambot always bans me anything I post more than one link on NairalandWe can still feel the severe pain firmly embedded in your voice. Google them. Spambot always bans me anything I post more than one link on Nairaland...
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Kepukepu: 10:24pm On Mar 01
You won't have made your point without calling Ogun state
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by mrvitalis(m): 11:41pm On Mar 01
Godfullsam:

Tinubu is a senator representing a state in your region abi?
I know u didn't go to school but that's under the exclusive list only the president can do that
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 8:43am On Mar 02
PureFace1:

All the gala hawkers and wheel barrow pushers are the one inflating south west poverty statistics, take them back to the East and you have the poorest region in Nigeria grin

NBS posted the full analysis where the poverty intensity is very hard in the East.

As for Richest household, South west beat your silly ass. 67% of South west 30 million population is higher than 67% of South East 20 million population or you don't know mathematics ?

I dey shame for you.

Do you even know the work of percentage.

Now, let's use your stats to do the calculations:

67% of 30 million is 20 million, meaning only 20 out of 30 million people from SW are rich, while 10 million are not.

67% of 20 million is 13.4 million, which means only 6.6 million are not rich.

Percentages are used instead of absolute numbers when the population sizes of the two comparing entities differ.

Go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 9:35am On Mar 02
OfficialAPCNig:

I dey shame for you.

Do you even know the work of percentage.

Now, let's use your stats to do the calculations:

67% of 30 million is 20 million, meaning only 20 out of 30 million people from SW are rich, while 10 million are not.

67% of 20 million is 13.4 million, which means only 6.6 million are not rich.

Percentages are used instead of absolute numbers when the population sizes of the two comparing entities differ.

Go back to school.

You are just gas lighting yourself, you are the one that need to go back to school.

So who truly have the highest numbers of rich people ? 67 of 30 million or 67% of 20 million ? you see how delusional you sound. You just want celebrate percentage lol you are truly a clown.

Even Yoruba have more people out of poverty than you, imagine If all those gala sellers in the west are bundle back to the East to be counted, there you will see south east still remain the poorest region in the south.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 11:37am On Mar 02
PureFace1:

You are just gas lighting yourself, you are the one that need to go back to school.

So who truly have the highest numbers of rich people ? 67 of 30 million or 67% of 20 million ? you see how delusional you sound. You just want celebrate percentage lol you are truly a clown.

Even Yoruba have more people out of poverty than you, imagine If all those gala sellers in the west are bundle back to the East to be counted, there you will see south east still remain the poorest region in the south.
It's disappointing that you guys don't understand percentage and it's functions.

SE is RICHER, MORE EDUCATED, and SAFER than SW.

Deal with it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 11:55am On Mar 02
OfficialAPCNig:

It's disappointing that you guys don't understand percentage and it's functions.

SE is RICHER, MORE EDUCATED, and SAFER than SW.

Deal with it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah in your delusional mind

You are the one finding it difficult to accept the fact that i stated.

South West is better than you in all you listed if you consider the percentage to population ratio. 1% of 1000 will always be greater than 1% of 100 or 500 the faster you realize that the better for you cheesy
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 12:24pm On Mar 02
PureFace1:

Yeah in your delusional mind

You are the one finding it difficult to accept the fact that i stated.

South West is better than you in all you listed if you consider the percentage to population ratio. 1% of 1000 will always be greater than 1% of 100 or 500 the faster you realize that the better for you cheesy
You guys really need to go back to school.

Poverty rate in China is 19.7%, meaning over 280 million people in China are poor, which is even more than the population of Nigeria.

Now, will you say that Nigeria is richer than China?

No.

Poverty rate in Nigeria is according to the NBS is 40.1% in 2019 and 63% in 2022.

It means nearly two-third of our population are poor while less than one-third of Chinese are poor.

Keep boasting with absolute numbers while SE continue to flog una with the data the matters.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by PureFace1(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02
OfficialAPCNig:

You guys really need to go back to school.

Poverty rate in China is 19.7%, meaning over 280 million people in China are poor, which is even more than the population of Nigeria.

Now, will you say that Nigeria is richer than China?

No.

Poverty rate in Nigeria is a ccording to the NBS is 40.1% in 2019 and 63% in 2022.

It means nearly two-third of our population are poor while less than one-third of Chinese are poor.

Keep boasting with absolute numbers while SE continue to flog una with the data the matters.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lol You are just a clown

Keep flogging ? the past Poverty statistics of 2020 even favored south west in all ramifications.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 12:23am On Mar 03
PureFace1:

Lol You are just a clown

Keep flogging ? the past Poverty statistics of 2020 even favored south west in all ramifications.

2022 data.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by ahaz: 1:18am On Mar 03
OfficialAPCNig:

Imo is already the second largest GDP after Lagos at over 8 trillion Naira. Ogun GDP is around 5+ trillion.

The two gas plants will add about 6 trillion to Imo, increasing it to 14 Trillion, which is more than all the GDPs of Ogun, Ondo, Oyo (three biggest Yoruba state GDPs) combined.

The GDP of the ANOH gas zone will be more than the individual GDPs of Ogun, Oyo, and Ondo and but not combined.

Let's always give out the right informatuon please.

See Nigeria state GDPs as of 2022

Please don't waste your time talking with people that there hearts are laced with hate for anything south East, I can even smell their envy from my living room..The good news is that the East will always be ahead of them no matter how long they hate, it's JAHs design not man.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by ahaz: 1:23am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

Do you know i can create anything and put it on google and would pop up when you search it, don't you?. i can't give you an official data because there's no official data to back it up. I'm not as dumb as you who try claiming shit over a claim that has never been proven.
It will be proven any day any of the gutter lagos ibadan fake news media outlets publish it that Imo has no single gas, and that Seplat and Shell went their to learn how to construct Gas plants then you will believe that there is a proffe...You Yorubas tends to believe you are clever but clever is actually far from you people, as you mistaken Jealousy for cleverness.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by ahaz: 1:31am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

Hahaha, i see why nnamdi kanu has a huge number of dummies as followers. So, you sit down in your father's room and determined that Anambra has largest untapped reserves, pls, what's the quantity of the untapped reserves?, or you just declared it the largest without knowing the quantity?. Get sense bro. According to the OP, Imo has 4.3trillion cubic ft, is that even close to what Bayelsa has?. una just dey talk nonsense ontop una keyboard.

Mumu now I understand the extent of damage too much Amala has caused to your brains..You all know the truth but can't stomach the news of the richness embered in the Eastern soil that's what is eaten you trolls up...It is no longer news that, Nigeria as an entire Nation reported a total of 900 trillion cubic feet of gas and IMO alone is sitting on 700 trillion representing more than 70 percent of the entire gas reserves in Nigeria.
This is in the public domain in the past three years and none of you Jelouse souls will pretend as if you don't know this fact just because you want to hate and down.play anything East, but the God of the Igbo race will keep on disappointing you envious souls.

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by ahaz: 1:42am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

Hahaha... guy you be illiterate o, which one is SEPLAT reserve?, LOL. Guy, let me educate you, that total reserve for Asa north-ohaji oil & gas field area which is the largest oil&gas field in imo. Can you mention another oil &gas areas in imo apart from Asa north-ohaji?. you don even manufacture 130trillion sharparly,hahaha!. Do you even know the meaning of 130 trillion?, the top 5 countries in the world combined does not have 130trillion. I know the problem of you guys, una need self esteem but be taking it easy. if una want to massage una egos with lies, just go to biafra blogs etc, don't do it on forum like Nairaland that has enlightened people.

Ode oshi you talk trash, have you being to Imo before, you loffers will sit at home with cheap data and be typing rubbish..you hear about Asa north maybe from an Agbo seller cousin of yours and end up more ignorant than a confused FULANI cow.

Imo has Oil and gas fields in many locations apart from the one your wandering Agbo seller cousin told you..As for the Gas reserve, I can see you are already struggling with your ratak poison dose now I will advise youbtontake it fast cos Imo is the largest largest gas reserve state in Nigeria with an estimated 700 trillion standard cubic feet of gas, something your barren south west can never get till the end of time.

I know you Yorubas stock in traden is Jealousy, please take it easy,cos no available drugs for heart attack now cos I know you
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jlow2: 1:45am On Mar 03
ahaz:

Mumu now I understand the extent of damage too much Amala has caused to your brains..You all know the truth but can't stomach the news of the richness embered in the Eastern soil that's what is eaten you trolls up...It is no longer news that, Nigeria as an entire Nation reported a total of 900 trillion cubic feet of gas and IMO alone is sitting on 700 trillion representing more than 70 percent of the entire gas reserves in Nigeria.
This is in the public domain in the past three years and none of you Jelouse souls will pretend as if you don't know this fact just because you want to hate and down.play anything East, but the God of the Igbo race will keep on disappointing you envious souls.
don’t mind the demented fowl , he could not show data of the reserve in Bayelsa , he keeps running from pillar to post, he should show us from any publication or his source that all the states he mentioned has more gas reserves than Imo state, many will commit sucide because of these gas reserve in Imo state, they dnt know gas is the future, Russia is holding Europe to Ransom because of its gas reserves, okpolo eye , no be open eye.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by pquaver(m): 2:07am On Mar 03
chuksville:
They, (APC) allowed it because it didn't come from government coffers. Multinational companies put all these together. It will be difficult for this government to cough out such hefty amount of money for that project.
They'll rather use it to execute fruitless objectives.

Is that not the essence of every single project? Revenue generation? What exactly are you even saying.. Is their any project done in rhe eastyou wont say this rubbish.. Just because it not the party of yhe agulu fraudster.. We in imo like our apc.. Face your state
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 10:28pm On Mar 03
Another good day to remind the world and haters of Ndi Igbo that both Seplat 300 MMscfd and 600 MMscfd gas plants will be commissioned this year and at full capacity will produce 6.3 MTPA (million tonnes per annum) of gas. Nigeria just need 800,000 TPA from these plants to complement the 600,000 TPA we already produce domestically to reach sufficiency.

This will leave an excess of 5.5 MTPA for export.

Dear enemies of Ndi Igbo, 5.5 MTPA of gas exported to Europe can reduce EU and NATO gas dependence on Russia, which will make Ala Igbo very strategic to the West. The best part is this gas will cost around $7 billion annually.

With the 900 MMscfd ANOH gas plants coming onboard, the 188MW Aba Geometric Power, Enyimba Economic City, the Onitsha Main Market $3 billion annual trade volume and the projected $780 million revenue from the Abia Industrial Innovation Park, the South East is about to unlease an economic and industrial tsunami in West Africa.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jcoleworld911: 8:13am On Mar 04
Ofodirinwa:

I agree but remove soludo from the equation lol

Why should he remove Soludo? You see your life. Is Soludo not performing well??

You better stop this, is becoming childish already, if chino sees this, another wahala go brust

So far, Soludo performance is high to compare to uzodinma but you always derive joy tarnishing his name, stop this it’s not funny again
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jcoleworld911: 8:17am On Mar 04
pquaver:

Is that not the essence of every single project? Revenue generation? What exactly are you even saying.. Is their any project done in rhe eastyou wont say this rubbish.. Just because it not the party of yhe agulu fraudster.. We in imo like our apc.. Face your state

β€œWe in imo like our Apc” indeed 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Ronu agbero claiming igbo🀣, tueh

Wonders

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Kennyswag: 8:45am On Mar 04
horsepower102:

This is something the yorubas will rather die than allow to happen. You want to take away the shine from the Lagos the use to brag in your face? They know monopoly of Lagos ports is what helped Lagos develop by attracting everyone to Lagos.
your animalistic tribe are all over our region and not just lagos you fool.

and they don't offer us anything apart from hawking everywhere tongue
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Broveens42(m): 9:56am On Mar 04
Jcoleworld911:

You better stop this, is becoming childish already, if chino sees this, another wahala go brust

So far, Soludo performance is high to compare to uzodinma but you always derive joy tarnishing his name, stop this it’s not funny again

Hope Uzodinma that tarrs people's streets is what you wanna compare to soludo who can't even complete a quality project of less than 20km ?
Laughable
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by pquaver(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04
Jcoleworld911:

β€œWe in imo like our Apc” indeed 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Ronu agbero claiming igbo🀣, tueh

Wonders

You will be tired of calling Ronu.. If u like ronu from mow till tomorrow it changes nothing.. We in imo love our apc in the state.. Face ur own state.. Long throat
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 4:01pm On Mar 04
Jcoleworld911:

You think I have an attachment to Uzodinma? Lol soludo is garbage πŸ—‘ 🀣
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jcoleworld911: 9:02am On Mar 05
Ofodirinwa:

You think I have an attachment to Uzodinma? Lol soludo is garbage πŸ—‘ 🀣

Withdraw your hate, 1000 of your generation cannot be measured up to prof Charles Soludo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CPC Statement On The Violence In The North / Army: Boko Haram Tactics, Strange To Us / Electricity: Ghana's Power Crisis Deepens:lesson For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.