Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning (5269 Views)

FG To Execute $3.8 Billion Gas Supply Agreement In May / Atiku, Eleka In Ibadan For Commissioning Of Lekan Salami Stadium (Photos) / Uncompleted Projects Slated For Commissioning During Buhari's Lagos Visit - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 1:22pm On Mar 01
Jlow2:
stop making noise show us the data and were you got the information of Akwaibom delta and rivers as states that has the highest gas reserve,untill you do that you can still wallow on ur ignorance, you re just blinded by hatred that is why you re quick to throw insults, like clowns and illitrate, show us that data like I showed mine, I can still show you 3 different sites that said same time, can all of them be lying? Show yours that’s disputes my fact
What did you show?, peoples opinions on google is what you are showing as fact or official data?, are you normal?. SS states have been supplying gas to the entire country for over four decades with quantity of gas supplied captured by NBS for various projects. In fact, if we consume imo gas the way we consume SS gas, the 4.3trillion cannot last up to 20years before it dry up.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 1:26pm On Mar 01
YourMrBoo:

You Sha argue like an envious soul.

It won't take away the fact that imo controls 2/3 of tapped gas field in Nigeria
Hahaha.. Asa north-ohaji field is equal to 2/3 of Nigeria gas, hahaha!. it is now 2/3, it is no longer the largest, Lol.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Rahkman: 1:58pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

Hahaha.. Asa north-ohaji field is equal to 2/3 of Nigeria gas, hahaha!. it is now 2/3, it is no longer the largest, Lol.
oga sharap na u cry pass for this thread,go find food chop weytin consign u with south east gas projects,when u never see money change the rusted roofing sheets in ur village....south east would soon be 24/7 electricity powered.....na we get gas if u do anyhow ,the one wey dey reach una we go quench am....una go go russia go find gas, weytin una get apart from lagos wey government and the entire nigeria get stake for inside?

7 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 1:59pm On Mar 01
Ola9ja23:

You were not born when Jonathan was president or you were half dead that time .

🤣🤣🤣 All your billionaires can't make a single viable sea port ? It's a shame
How many your billionaires don build?

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Curious346: 2:00pm On Mar 01
Igbo dey unleash the dragon small small

5 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 2:04pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

2/3 is about 66%. If one state controls 66% of your gas reserve then it means it is the largest has reserve in Nigeria. It seems you don't understand what 2/3 (66%) means.

Ohaji, Egbema, oguta, Izombe all have natural gas deposit

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 2:05pm On Mar 01
Rahkman:
oga sharap na u cry pass for this thread,go find food chop weytin consign u with south east gas projects,when u never see money change the rusted roofing sheets in ur village....south east would soon be 24/7 electricity powered.....na we get gas if u do anyhow ,the one wey dey reach una we go quench am....una go go russia go find gas, weytin una get apart from lagos wey government and the entire nigeria get stake for inside?
Go and lie on your biafra radio and suck each other's balls, don't come and lie here, this place is for enligtened people. I have no business with who has electricity or not, the president has decentralized power, let each state take care of itself.

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 2:12pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

2/3 is about 66%. If one state controls 66% of your gas reserve then it means it is the largest has reserve in Nigeria. It seems you don't understand what 2/3 (66%) means.

Ohaji, Egbema, oguta, Izombe all have natural gas deposit
Don't you see as i dey laugh hahaha!, SS that has been serving the entire country gas over four decades, including the cooking gas and power plant for your electricity in the entire southeast, SS have been doing that over four decades but a cup of 4.3trillion that was discovered yesterday that can't last 20years, is the largest?, hahaha!!
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 2:13pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

What did you show?, peoples opinions on google is what you are showing as fact or official data?, are you normal?. SS states have been supplying gas to the entire country for over four decades with quantity of gas supplied captured by NBS for various projects. In fact, if we consume imo gas the way we consume SS gas, the 4.3trillion cannot last up to 20years before it dry up.
I was even underestimating IMO state total gas reserve.

The state controls 200 TCF out of Nigeria's 300 TCF, instead of the 130 TCF I earlier stated.

Read this from your former petroleum minister.

Amadi’s position re-echoes in the statement by the former Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva. According to Sylva, Nigeria has nearly 300 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves, ranking 9th in the world, with Imo holding the largest reserve amongst all Nigerian states.

“Imo state with 200 trillion cubic feet of gas deposits should be set for economic boom,” Sylva said during a visit to the Imo Governor, Hope Uzodinma, in April 2021.
Source

People prefer Igbo state gas because its onshore. Gas reserves in the ND area are hugely offshore.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 2:21pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

Don't you see as i dey laugh hahaha!, SS that has been serving the entire country gas since four decades, including the cooking gas and power plant for your electricity in the entire southeast, SS have been doing that over four decades but a cup of 4.3trillion that was discovered yesterday that can't last 20years, is the largest?, hahaha!!
You go cry taya grin grin grin

IMO has over 200 TCF gas reserve. Dey deceive yourself with audio SS gas.

Nigeria consumes 1.4 million tonnes of gas yearly but imports 800,000 tonnes. Existing gas plants in Nigeria only processes around 600,000 tonnes yearly. Source

But the Seplat and Shell gas plants will produce a combined 900 MMscfd which is equivalent to 6.3 million tonnes per year. So, Imo alone will produce 10.5X the current Nigerian domestic gas production capacity and 4.5X Nigerian annual gas usage. It means that Imo will produce in one year what Nigeria can consume in 4 and half years.

We no be una mate.

10 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Oghene86: 2:27pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

It has nothing to do with the Government?, Lol. A project which NNPC has stakes. you guys, what's your gain in these lies you are pushing, why do you guys love lying?

Does Hope Uzodinma work in NNPCL?
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Broveens42(m): 2:30pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

Nigeria consumes 1.4 million tonnes of gas yearly but imports 800,000 tonnes. Existing gas plants in Nigeria only processes around 600,000 tonnes yearly. Source

You are even trying to sound nice.
Imo state has more than 400 TCF, the highest in the world. The world knows this and wana milk this resource by maintaining the usual union of chop make I chop.

5 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfficialAPCNig: 2:34pm On Mar 01
Broveens42:

You are even trying to sound nice.
Imo state has more than 400 TCF, the highest in the world. The world knows this and wana milk this resource by maintaining the usual union of chop make I chop.

For now, the proven reserve is around 200 TCF but I am sure it's more.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 2:38pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

I was even underestimating IMO state total gas reserve.

The state controls 200 TCF out of Nigeria's 300 TCF, instead of the 130 TCF I earlier stated.

Read this from your former petroleum minister.

Source

People prefer Igbo state gas because its onshore. Gas reserves in the ND area are hugely offshore.
Carry your ibo blog away from here. Give us official data from source. According to your yeye ibo blog, it quoted NBS as saying Imo attracted zero investment from 2020-2023, Imo has highest unemployment rate but the blog never quoted NBS gas data for Imo. Confusion between SEPLAT and this blogger.

1 Like

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 2:40pm On Mar 01
Oghene86:

Does Hope Uzodinma work in NNPCL?
Your question is a stupid one.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfoIgbo: 2:47pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

No.

Anambra has the largest untapped reserve. It's actually 5X that of Imo. We are saving Anambra reserve for the future.

My Abia also has a large gas deposit. It's powering our Geometric Power plant will also power the Enyimba Economic City and Abia Industrial Innovation Park, an initiative that will generate a project $780 million annual revenue to the state government.

Are you sure about the bolded statement? Do you have any source for this?

Don't get me wrong. I'm an Anambra G, so I am happy with any good news emanating from Anambra, but I believe as of the past 3 years or more, Imo state ranks number one when it comes to gas reserves in Nigeria, followed by Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 2:48pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

But the Seplat and Shell gas plants will produce a combined 900 MMscfd which is equivalent to 6.3 million tonnes per year. So, Imo alone will produce 10.5X the current Nigerian domestic gas production capacity and 4.5X Nigerian annual gas usage. It means that Imo will produce in one year what Nigeria can consume in 4 and half years.

We no be una mate.
SS gas is audio gas?, the gas your forefather enjoyed, your father enjoyed and now you're consuming, same oil &gas, Ojukwu wasted million lives for. When was gas discovered in Imo?, was it not 2020?, shior.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jlow2: 2:54pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

show peoples opinion of rivers , Akwaibom and delta as states that have the highest gas reserve, you te runing from pillar to post, show us and constituting nuisance, it’s a simple thing I asked you, show us from the people opinion on any site where you have any state that has more gas reserve from imo state as of today, I don’t know of another discovery that will be made tomorrow, but as of today in gas reserve Imo state alone is competing with the world, take it to the bank, I know you might not sleep well because Imo state is southeast, man propose and God dispose, I did not ask you were gas as been tapped for decades I told you the state with the highest oil reserve is imo state , you have not come up with any fact

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Rahkman: 3:01pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

Go and lie on your biafra radio and suck each other's balls, don't come and lie here, this place is for enligtened people. I have no business with who has electricity or not, the president has decentralized power, let each state take care of itself.
oga shutup there stup shouting SS weytin ur region dey contribute apart to dey leech on other regions natural resources,are you from lagos? Ur papa get land for lagos?

5 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 3:11pm On Mar 01
kettykin:
I still reiterate it again that the east will experience double digit growth this 2024. I forecasted this as far back as 2023 when Alex Otti and soludo , first class economists, super bankers are manning 2 strategic eastern states , now private sector imo and enugu initiatives have joined the fray.

I just pray and wish my edo brothers will not disappoint me this coming election so that it will become a bandwagon effect

I agree but remove soludo from the equation lol

2 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 3:20pm On Mar 01
Rahkman:
oga shutup there stup shouting SS weytin ur region dey contribute apart to dey leech on other regions natural resources,are you from lagos? Ur papa get land for lagos?
Tell your father to shut up, you're the worst leech on earth.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 3:23pm On Mar 01
OfoIgbo:

Are you sure about the bolded statement? Do you have any source for this?

Don't get me wrong. I'm an Anambra G, so I am happy with any good news emanating from Anambra, but I believe as of the past 3 years or more, Imo state ranks number one when it comes to gas reserves in Nigeria, followed by Anambra.

It's Imo, Rivers, Delta I don't believe Anambra is top 5

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by horsepower102: 3:27pm On Mar 01
mrvitalis:

If you want to depopulate Lagos

Tell tinubu to present a bill that would make all ports equal

You can import what ever you want from any port you want

That's all

This is something the yorubas will rather die than allow to happen. You want to take away the shine from the Lagos the use to brag in your face? They know monopoly of Lagos ports is what helped Lagos develop by attracting everyone to Lagos.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 3:27pm On Mar 01
Jlow2:
show peoples opinion of rivers , Akwaibom and delta as states that have the highest gas reserve, you te runing from pillar to post, show us and constituting nuisance, it’s a simple thing I asked you, show us from the people opinion on any site where you have any state that has more gas reserve from imo state as of today, I don’t know of another discovery that will be made tomorrow, but as of today in gas reserve Imo state alone is competing with the world, take it to the bank, I know you might not sleep well because Imo state is southeast, man propose and God dispose, I did not ask you were gas as been tapped for decades I told you the state with the highest oil reserve is imo state , you have not come up with any fact
All your screenshots are useless. Unless you give me official source. It is the same way you create useless blogs that ibos are the highest billionaires yet not a single ibo man is on forbes list.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Jlow2: 3:32pm On Mar 01
Putindbutt:

All your screenshots are useless. Unless you give me official source. It is the same way you create useless blogs that ibos are the highest billionaires yet not a single ibo man is on forbes list.
from you first statement I knew you were a bigot and an Igbo hater, so I knew how to answer you, arise news and former minister of state re now peoples opinion and useless because it’s not from your tribe and region, untill you show your own facts and the so called people’s opinions of were Akwaibom rivers and delta states have highest gas reserve, the money spent on ur education,( that is if you have any) remains a waste.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfoIgbo: 3:33pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:

It's Imo, Rivers, Delta I don't believe Anambra is top 5

Forget about drawings. Depend more on written figures.

After Imo, comes Anambra.
Abia is also a heavyweight.

The SouthEast has more than 90% of Nigeria's gas reserves

4 Likes

Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Ofodirinwa: 3:37pm On Mar 01
OfoIgbo:

Forget about drawings. Depend more on written figures.

After Imo, comes Anambra.
Abia is also a heavyweight.

The SouthEast has more than 90% of Nigeria's gas reserves

Ok show the figures
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by Putindbutt: 3:42pm On Mar 01
Jlow2:
from you first statement I knew you were a bigot and an Igbo hater, so I knew how to answer you, arise news and former minister of state re now peoples opinion and useless because it’s not from your tribe and region, untill you show your own facts and the so called people’s opinions of were Akwaibom rivers and delta states have highest gas reserve, the money spent on ur education,( that is if you have any) remains a waste.
SS states have tens of oil & gas fields and have been supplying the country for decades, Imo has only one oil and gas area and you call it the highest, get sense bro.
Re: Imo State $4.2 Billion Gas Plant Set For Commissioning by OfoIgbo: 3:51pm On Mar 01
OfficialAPCNig:

Even without the gas projects, Imo GDP is nearly 1.5x bigger than Ogun GDP.

Go play with your mate please.

According to the list you sent, Anambra GDP is even greater than Ogun GDP. This is even without the Anambra gas prowess in play grin grin

cc:
Putindbutt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Uniqueness Of Obafemi Awolowo Hall Of Residence, OAU, Ile-ife. / Drawing Of President Muhammadu Buhari (new And Better)- See Pix / My Husband Is Too Fetish And Diabolic - Iara Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.