Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso (11339 Views)

$10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears ₦‎1,000 / Rising Influence Of Fintech Big Threat To Banks, Says Emefiele / Top Five Banks Account For 47% Of Industry’s Impaired Credits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by allthingsgood: 3:30pm On Mar 01
Judolisco:
compared to buhari... Jonathan did a great job

My dear go and sleep.
Jonathan was not even a President

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Paramount01(m): 3:31pm On Mar 01
Agbanasm:
These CBN guy seems to be competent.
may God use him to solve some of Nigeria forex and monetary problems

Amen

2 Likes

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Cardoso now looks like he has the solution to all our problem, in terms of this high inflation and Naira depreciation

He and Edun should do more to ensure things return to normal

They've moved so fast in the last one week that you'd keep wondering how possible is it to do all that within few days.. They are innovative

Obidients, lets come and wail on this thread, lets ocme up with our shitty negative analysis that defies every economic sense. cheesy cheesy cheesy..
We go well las las
bulaba till 4045!

cool

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by sunboy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01
Kenneth4u205:
useless governor. will that make the price of food and fuel to return back to original price of 2015?

Don’t be an ignorant, value of money in 2015 will not be the same in 2024. I don’t know what part of common sense you people didn’t manage to get before commenting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Judolisco(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01
allthingsgood:

My dear go and sleep.
maybe d shege wey buhari and tinubu don use your eyes see now Don wipe your memory.... So ino fit blame you at all
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by allthingsgood: 3:39pm On Mar 01
Judolisco:
maybe d shege we buhari and tinubu dey use your eyes see now Don wipe your memory.... So ino fit blame you at all

Still does not make jonathan any better

If jonathan did his job well, we would never have voted buhari

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by lagonovo: 3:40pm On Mar 01
Election has come and gone, if you like continue to wish your country bad because your party or candidate lost. That's another 4 years of your life wasted on one election cycle. There is election and there is governance. After elections, citizens unite for governance either actively or passively.

Interested parties across the world follow the pulse of your nation and if it is negative then the perception have real economic impact on your country. Make your choice.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by QualitySneakers: 3:40pm On Mar 01
Custom duty is still N1600 diesel is still 1400

CatchMeIfUCanMO:
Please I need a clarification on the situation of this country.

CBN and some people are claiming that naira to dollar rate is dropping but some companies goods dey rise, wetin dey sup.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Judolisco(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01
allthingsgood:

Still does not make jonathan any better

If jonathan did his job well, we would never have voted buhari
You voted buhari because you were naive... And even after buhari turned d country up side down... Your eyes still never open.....

1 Like

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01
This man is clearly a misfit. His banking records includes his involvement with several banks/financial institutions that went bankrupt.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by zionstaar75: 3:47pm On Mar 01
Judolisco:
compared to buhari... Jonathan did a great job
even a goat can do better than Buhari. If it was not a sound person that took over from Buhari Nigeria would have been in recession by now. I can bet that by December Nigeria will be much better. I can bet up to 1 million anybodies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by zionstaar75: 3:50pm On Mar 01
lagonovo:
Election has come and gone, if you like continue to wish your country bad because your party or candidate lost. That's another 4 years of your life wasted on one election cycle. There is election and there is governance. After elections, citizens unite for governance either actively or passively.

Interested parties across the world follow the pulse of your nation and if it is negative then the perception have real economic impact on your country. Make your choice.
wise words. Don't mind those dullards

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by cjfavour(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01
This is an example of competence to asslickers!!!
Easybet1:
1 dollar == ₦1,560
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by cjfavour(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01
And tinubu is a president? I'm not a fan of GEJ but he's too far better than tinubu. I don't care if you believe that or not bcs that's the truth and simple fact.
allthingsgood:

My dear go and sleep.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by cjfavour(m): 3:56pm On Mar 01
Quit dreaming, buhari is better than tinubu.
zionstaar75:
even a goat can do better than Buhari. If it was not a sound person that took over from Buhari Nigeria would have been in recession by now. I can bet that by December Nigeria will be much better. I can bet up to 1 million anybodies
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by cjfavour(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01
Coming from economist sunboy. What if it remain the same or get better, what will happen?
sunboy:

Don’t be an ignorant, value of money in 2015 will not be the same in 2024. I don’t know what part of common sense you people didn’t manage to get before commenting.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by allthingsgood: 4:04pm On Mar 01
cjfavour:
And tinubu is a president? I'm not a fan of GEJ but he's too far better than tinubu. I don't care if you believe that or not bcs that's the truth and simple fact.

There is no basis for comparison
Jonathan was never a president

5 Likes

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by naija4life247: 4:04pm On Mar 01
RepoMan007:

Many forex demands that can't be backed with import documents or capital flight claims. As much as 2.4 out of 7.0

Idiots think that Tinubu is Buhari or Goatluck who don't know their left from their right. Even CBN governor cannot tell Tinubu financial nonsense, he will prove it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by allthingsgood: 4:04pm On Mar 01
Judolisco:
You voted buhari because you were naive... And even after buhari turned d country up side down... Your eyes still never open.....

i didnt vote anybody. But if i had voted, it would NEVER be Jonathan!

3 Likes

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by tizzle(m): 4:59pm On Mar 01
Even CBN dey owe?
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by teadrake(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01
christejames:
So CBN is also owing shocked shocked shocked

No wonder they 'kidnapped' Binance CEO and requested for 10 Billion dollars ransom shocked shocked shocked

Tinubu don cash out! grin
Your contribution should be about educating us and not wailing all the time. People want to learn from you
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Coldkev17: 5:56pm On Mar 01
christejames:
So CBN is also owing shocked shocked shocked

No wonder they 'kidnapped' Binance CEO and requested for 10 Billion dollars ransom shocked shocked shocked

Tinubu don cash out! grin
11.8m$ was froze and recovered.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by iLegendd(m): 6:06pm On Mar 01
A whole CBN is owing but here I am always scared of owing or borrowing. Always trying to get my capital from scratch all by myself without disturbing anyone.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 6:38pm On Mar 01
QualitySneakers:
Custom duty is still N1600 diesel is still 1400

Oh ok, thank you for the clarification.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by unclejb2(m): 7:02pm On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

Cardoso now looks like he has the solution to all our problem, in terms of this high inflation and Naira depreciation

He and Edun should do more to ensure things return to normal

They've moved so fast in the last one week that you'd keep wondering how possible is it to do all that within few days.. They are innovative

Obidients, lets come and wail on this thread, lets ocme up with our shitty negative analysis that defies every economic sense. cheesy cheesy cheesy..
We go well las las
CBN gave dollar to none existent entities and no one is talking about arrests..... you are here talking Obidients?? Smh
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:59pm On Mar 01
PTINUBU IS DOUNG HIS JOB EITHOUT CALLING IUT BUHA GOVT FOR HIS DAMAGE TO NIGERIA ECONOMY OUT OF DUMBNESS. angry
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by PHAYOL81: 11:06pm On Mar 01
Just keep pushing on the change; we got your back.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by sunboy(m): 12:18am On Mar 02
cjfavour:
Coming from economist sunboy. What if it remain the same or get better, what will happen?

Money is not a perfect store of value. Inflation will eventually erode its value over time. Money value is not stagnant. And it does not get better over time.

No currency has its value get better over time.

Keep this kinda of talks in the beer parlor .
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Aquila99: 3:10am On Mar 02
sunboy:

U get time to dey respond to jobless idiats. U dey try oo. Even in U.S & UK. Price of tyns have increased.
Re: FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso by Paraman: 5:33pm On Mar 02
Vision101:

Yeah..... absolutely. I know Mr Yemi Cardoso. Perfect gentleman. I worked under him. He has large pool of brilliant friends that he can draw knowledge from. Nigerian problems are not one man show.

See the mess from emefiele. $7b dollars in forwards out of which $2.4b are fake. Can someone see how deep Nigerian problem is?
The house of rep claimed they will investigate this issue, I hope they will truly do.

I expect the EFCC and ICPC to also be looking into the issue right now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Craybid.com Telling Me I Can Get A Samsung For Less Than #2000 Naira?? / Island Power Project (Lagos) To Generate 10MW / I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.