Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home (1280 Views)

Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? / What Amount Should A Child Be Contributing To The House? Anthony Joshua Asks / Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 6:59am On Mar 02
Like I'm very curious and willing to know the responsibility of the wife at home or let me just say where does she step in the bills at home. I mean which area is she suppose to be assisting the husband in the shouldering of the responsibility at home. I'll like the married folks here to enlighten us or give us an insight on the area where their wife cater for in the responsibility. I'm a young guy just getting into it and I'll like to know where my wife should be contributing to Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:06am On Mar 02
I personally don't believe in women contributing financially at home however she should help immediately she observed the weight is getting heavier on you without being told.
Buying snacks for kids if you insist on a particular area.

6 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Jashub: 7:12am On Mar 02
Your wife only has three functions: clean, suck, and shut the fvck up. The rest is up to you bro .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 7:12am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:
I personally don't believe in women contributing financially at home however she should help immediately she observed the weight is getting heavier on you without being told.
Buy snacks for kids if you insist on a particular area.
buy snacks for kids when going to school right?? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:13am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
buy snacks for kids when going to school right?? Thanks.
Yes, spending on her kids too because that's like spending on herself too
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Tallesty1(m): 7:27am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:
Buying snacks for kids if you insist on a particular area.
Why?

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by rickpat(m): 7:31am On Mar 02
bro,sit with your wife, discuss finances with her..you two should know what you both earn and how much expenditure you make on a daily/monthly basis..if you can't have a healthy financial conversation with your spouse..why did you marry in the first place?..if you two cannot plan/strategize financially,the marriage will suffer financially,cus you will even get frustrated at some point...so have that conversation and plan your life...NO TWO FAMILIES ARE THE SAME,CREATE YOUR PERSONAL FORMULA...
good luck

15 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:35am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
Why?
I dislike men having such mindset, like that sharing bills wareva I detest it as well and as such I reply them in a very silly way.

Two people who are truly into each other won't even remember sharing bills or whatever, the man should be ready to be the financial provider while a wise woman know how to be his back bone codedly.

Men that go into marriage waiting to share bills with a woman always have problems because women are naturally not created to provide, a woman that shares bill with her husband most times loose respect for the man and before you say jerk marriage have broken.

A woman should help all round when needed without being told and not attaching her to a particular responsibility.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:36am On Mar 02
rickpat:

bro,sit with your wife, discuss finances with her..you two should know what you both earn and how much expenditure you make on a daily/monthly basis..if you can't have a healthy financial conversation with your spouse..why did you marry in the first place?..if you two cannot plan/strategize financially,the marriage will suffer financially,cus you will even get frustrated at some point...so have that conversation and plan your life...NO TWO FAMILIES ARE THE SAME,CREATE YOUR PERSONAL FORMULA...
good luck
Hope you will not complain of disrespect as you Dy share bills like palliative with your wife?

7 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Tallesty1(m): 7:46am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:
I dislike men having such mindset, like that sharing bills wareva I detest it as well and as such I reply them in a very silly way.

Two people who are truly into each other won't even remember sharing bills or whatever, the man should be ready to be the financial provider while a wise woman know how to be his back bone codedly.

Men that go into marriage waiting to share bills with a woman always have problems because women are naturally not created to provide, a woman that shares bill with her husband most times loose respect for the man and before you say jerk marriage have broken.

A woman should help all round when needed without being told and not attaching her to a particular responsibility.
In essence, are you saying that a woman's respect for her husband is contingent on his ability to provide? Do you realize how childish that sounds?

And with all due disrespect, the notion of a woman not being given any particular responsibility in marriage is undoubtedly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard, especially coming from someone who has strong opinions on traditional gender roles in marriages

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:52am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
In essence, are you saying that a woman's respect for her husband is contingent on his ability to provide? Do you realize how childish that sounds?

And with all due disrespect, the notion of a woman not being given any particular responsibility in marriage is undoubtedly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard, especially coming from someone who has strong opinions on traditional gender roles in marriages
Why do you think marriages no longer stand the test of times?
Modern world has forced women into being providers which is against their nature and thus fighting back which eventually lead to crashing of marriages.

I'm sure you always applaud marriages of older generation, were the women hustling like women of these days? You can't share roles and expect everything to remain the same. Like I said, a woman should be her husband's backbone and cover-up for him immediately as at when needed without being told but not to be assigned a particular responsibility to shoulder financially. It's actually about the mindset for me, I dislike such mindset of sharing bills from men, it makes me look at such men as being lazy and not masculine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
■ Like I'm very curious and willing to know the responsibility of the wife at home or let me just say where does she step in the bills at home. I mean which area is she suppose to be assisting the husband in the shouldering of the responsibility at home. I'll like the married folks here to enlighten us or give us an insight on the area where their wife cater for in the responsibility. I'm a young guy just getting into it and I'll like to know where my wife should be contributing to Thanks.
If you wish for your woman to contribute, then embrace a partnership and forget about being head of family and what not. Otherwise, you and your women will get tired of going at each other over who does what when. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 7:55am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:

I understand your point though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 8:01am On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
If you wish for your woman to contribute, then embrace a partnership and forget about being head of family and what not. Otherwise, you and your women will get tired of going at each other over who does what when. undecided
so what you're trying to say now is for the man to shoulder the responsibility 100%
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
so what you're trying to say now is for the man to shoulder the responsibility 100%
If carrying head-of-household for head na him you feel say e suit you pass, then be ready to carry 100% for head. After all na una inheritance from una papa be that so no one will stop you from taking the plunge. However, if wisdom don finally meet you for this life and you don realize how idiotic that package be, you go opt for partnership marriage make you and you wife dey contribute wetin una get for pot, together as a couple, as e suppose be. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 8:07am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
I understand your point though
I'm that person that'll will be a secret backbone and won't let her man ever fall. I can dump millions in his account as soon as I observe he's having any financial issues so he can continue being the boss. I don't wish to ever feed my man or let him be financially dependent on me. I'll rather do everything to make him maintain his boss status as that's how I want him to be rather than sharing yeye bills with me. I'll always be against bills sharing and always encourage women to be a backbone without being told. Marry who you like and who likes you in return and you both won't need to start outsmarting each other for silly reasons

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by pocohantas(f): 8:18am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:

Tbh, I agree with her. I find it stressful sitting to press calculator on issues relating to a "home". But we are in perilous times and thee average home needs to have these discussions and put it in black and white if possible. An intuitive woman should know when and where to come in based on her/their incomes. Some are not, so spelling it out wouldn't be bad.

I think for respect, rent, child delivery fee and school fees should always be handled by the man. She should handle the kids petty bills, snacks for school and gas.

Most women add money anyway. Just not in ways you guys see and appreciate until we are not there. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Tallesty1(m): 8:21am On Mar 02
pocohantas:

Tbh, I agree with her. I find it stressful sitting to press calculator on issues relating to a "home". But we are in perilous times and thee average home needs to have these discussions and put it in black and white if possible. An intuitive woman should know when and where to come in based on her/their incomes. Some are not, so spelling it out wouldn't be bad.

I think for respect , rent, child delivery fee and school fees should always be handled by the man. She should handle the kids petty bills, snacks for school and gas.

Most women add money anyway. Just not in ways you guys see and appreciate until we are not there. grin
My issue with whole thing
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by pocohantas(f): 8:22am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
My issue with whole thing

Realistically, you would always be loved and respected for something. It is what it is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by GloriousGbola: 8:26am On Mar 02
pocohantas:

I think for respect, rent, child delivery fee and school fees should always be handled by the man. She should handle the kids petty bills, snacks for school and gas.

you completely missed out

petrol for gen
nepa bill
hospital bill
groceries
toiletries

usually both husband and wife are adding beyond
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by GloriousGbola: 8:29am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
Like I'm very curious and willing to know the responsibility of the wife at home or let me just say where does she step in the bills at home. I mean which area is she suppose to be assisting the husband in the shouldering of the responsibility at home. I'll like the married folks here to enlighten us or give us an insight on the area where their wife cater for in the responsibility. I'm a young guy just getting into it and I'll like to know where my wife should be contributing to Thanks.

if your wife is a complete housewife it means she has no income and is completely dependent on you

so if your wife has no income how do you expect her to pay bills?

you cannot eat your cake and have it.

9 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On Mar 02
pocohantas:

Realistically, you would always be loved and respected for something. It is what it is.
Interesting.

I am not of the opinion that couples should sit down and calculate who should do this and that, but in marriages where both are gainfully employed, I see no reason why a man should bear the financial responsibility alone. This marriage is a union formed by two people who are determined to make things work. Once one person is taking care of one thing, the other person should look for another thing and get it working.

You can't dump the financial responsibility; men's mental health matters.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by SIXFEETUNDER: 8:34am On Mar 02
A woman should do everything at home while the man goes out and hustle for daily bread

7 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 8:35am On Mar 02
GloriousGbola:

if your wife is a complete housewife it means she has no income and is completely dependent on you

so if your wife has no income how do you expect her to pay bills?

you cannot eat your cake and have it.

it's not possible for me to have a full housewife and be wanting to share bills with her.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 8:35am On Mar 02
SIXFEETUNDER:
A woman should do everything at home while the man goes out and hustle for daily bread
what about a woman working?
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by pocohantas(f): 8:35am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
Interesting.

I am not of the opinion that couples should sit down and calculate who should do this and that, but in marriages where both are gainfully employed, I see no reason why a man should bear the financial responsibility alone. This marriage is a union formed by two people who are determined to make things work. Once one person is taking care of one thing, the other person should look for another thing and get it working.

In the real world, most men with working wives do not bear it alone. Except men married to weapons fashioned against them. grin

GloriousGbola:

you completely missed out

petrol for gen
nepa bill
hospital bill
groceries
toiletries

usually both husband and wife are adding beyond

These ones should be done in ratios for working couples. Groceries and toiletries in bulk if they can. Families would sha find a way to get by.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by SIXFEETUNDER: 8:36am On Mar 02
Philip4564:
what about a woman working?

A woman shouldn't work , she should remain at home and take care of the home

2 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 8:37am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
Interesting.

God bless you for this that's the reason why most men don't livelong too much stress and wahala

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by GloriousGbola: 8:38am On Mar 02
SIXFEETUNDER:

and if the man dies what happens next? if the man is a wife beater or a serial philanderer?

everyone needs to have choices
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 8:39am On Mar 02
SIXFEETUNDER:

A woman shouldn't work , she should remain at home and take care of the home
I don't want my own case to be like that what we're even experiencing in the country right now doesn't even allow someone to just sit at home idle now.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Tallesty1(m): 8:52am On Mar 02
pocohantas:

In the real world, most men with working wives do not bear it alone. Except men married to weapons fashioned against them. grin

grin grin grin grin
True, women have always contributed.

Even in the olden days, women traded farm products, worked on their own small farms, or assisted in men's farms.

But losing respect for your husband because you contribute financially is irrational.

It will never make sense to me.

There are homes where women are the primary providers, yet husbands are respected.

It's not about the money; it's about the woman, the kind of person she is.

So if as a man you cannot seek assistance from your wife because she will disrespect you, then you married rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by rickpat(m): 9:04am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:
Hope you will not complain of disrespect as you Dy share bills like palliative with your wife?
i only gave my opinion, I'm not here to argue,if you think paying bills will make a woman respect you,no qualms,it's what works for you,but I can tell you that you can pay all the bills in the world,a woman that will disrespect you,will still disrespect you wholeheartedly....

KNOW YOUR PARTNER AND DO WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Pre-eclampsia Story. / Shocker!! Mother Place New Born Baby For Sale On Olx For N68,000!! {photos} / How To Improve Your Relationship With Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.