Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,490 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home (1279 Views)

Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? / What Amount Should A Child Be Contributing To The House? Anthony Joshua Asks / Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 9:05am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:

grin grin grin grin
True, women have always contributed.

Even in the olden days, women traded farm products, worked on their own small farms, or assisted in men's farms.

But losing respect for your husband because you contribute financially is irrational.

It will never make sense to me.

There are homes where women are the primary providers, yet husbands are respected.

It's not about the money; it's about the woman, the kind of person she is.

So if as a man you cannot seek assistance from your wife because she will disrespect you, then you married rubbish.
100% fact
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:59am On Mar 02
Tallesty1:
Interesting.

I am not of the opinion that couples should sit down and calculate who should do this and that, but in marriages where both are gainfully employed, I see no reason why a man should bear the financial responsibility alone. This marriage is a union formed by two people who are determined to make things work. Once one person is taking care of one thing, the other person should look for another thing and get it working.

You can't dump the financial responsibility; men's mental health matters.

no mind dem.dem wan save their money.e no go work.lol.you must get something assigned to you wey you dey use your money support for house.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by NoToPile: 6:26pm On Mar 02
Maybe a woman should also open a thread to ask which area should a man contribute in domestic care of the home.

Most if not all working women do contribute to the home already so what's with the formula.

Just know that house rent, school fees, chop moni, major bills are on you as the man, you should be prepared for this as the husband.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Truvelisback(m): 7:48pm On Mar 02
Philip4564:
Like I'm very curious and willing to know the responsibility of the wife at home or let me just say where does she step in the bills at home. I mean which area is she suppose to be assisting the husband in the shouldering of the responsibility at home. I'll like the married folks here to enlighten us or give us an insight on the area where their wife cater for in the responsibility. I'm a young guy just getting into it and I'll like to know where my wife should be contributing to Thanks.
If you can't foot the bills in the home, split it with her. You pay the rent and the school fees while she provides what the family will eat and other minor needs or vice versa.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by okeke6969: 3:02am On Mar 03
EreluRoz:
I dislike men having such mindset, like that sharing bills wareva I detest it as well and as such I reply them in a very silly way.

Two people who are truly into each other won't even remember sharing bills or whatever, the man should be ready to be the financial provider while a wise woman know how to be his back bone codedly.

I don't know your gender but I give it to you. Oyel dey your head.
You simplified it.

Men that go into marriage waiting to share bills with a woman always have problems because women are naturally not created to provide, a woman that shares bill with her husband most times loose respect for the man and before you say jerk marriage have broken.

A woman should help all round when needed without being told and not attaching her to a particular responsibility.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by akube34: 3:04am On Mar 03
EreluRoz:
I personally don't believe in women contributing financially at home however she should help immediately she observed the weight is getting heavier on you without being told.
Buying snacks for kids if you insist on a particular area.
funny. Come abroad, you go believe
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 3:29am On Mar 03
akube34:
funny. Come abroad, you go believe
I don't like abroad

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Eunoiaa(f): 2:45pm On Mar 03
"Which area should a woman" why are you coming at it from a gender angle? Are you not adults? Will you not be married? Can you not sit down as grown ups and DISCUSS how you want your home to be run, and share up responsibilities between you two based on each person's strengths/weaknesses?

Where one person doesn't seem to do well in, you step in and mitigate any adverse effects that may come out and vice versa. Where another excel in, you let them take charge while carrying the other along. Simple and as uncomplicated. Strength- and individual-based partnership, not gender.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 6:38pm On Mar 03
Tallesty1:
Why?
Because she doesn't have money, is broken from having bad relationships, or just a stingy person. grin

A woman who's a natural giver, has no emotional scars, or has plenty money to spend, will never see it as a big deal contributing to her home.

Heck, I even hate that word 'contributing'. It's like saying you're contributing to your own life.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 6:44pm On Mar 03
EreluRoz:
Why do you think marriages no longer stand the test of times?
Modern world has forced women into being providers which is against their nature and thus fighting back which eventually lead to crashing of marriages.
Many of us were born and raised in a home with a provider mother. I do not have any woman around me from that generation who wasn't/isn't a provider in their homes.

It is modern women that don't want to be providers. The majority of the older generation of African (Nigeria) women worked their asses off to fend for their homes just as much as the men.
Brush up on your history if you aren't lucky to have such women around you.

I'm sure you always applaud marriages of older generation, were the women hustling like women of these days? You can't share roles and expect everything to remain the same. Like I said, a woman should be her husband's backbone and cover-up for him immediately as at when needed without being told but not to be assigned a particular responsibility to shoulder financially. It's actually about the mindset for me, I dislike such mindset of sharing bills from men, it makes me look at such men as being lazy and not masculine.
More gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by EreluRoz: 7:50pm On Mar 03
crackhaus:

Many of us were born and raised in a home with a provider mother. I do not have any woman around me from that generation who wasn't/isn't a provider in their homes.

It is modern women that don't want to be providers. The majority of the older generation of African (Nigeria) women worked their asses off to fend for their homes just as much as the men.

More gibberish.
You will always have your way even if the truth stares right in your face. No be you again
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Mar 03
NoToPile:
Maybe a woman should also open a thread to ask which area should a man contribute in domestic care of the home. Most if not all working women do contribute to the home already so what's with the formula. Just know that house rent, school fees, chop moni, major bills are on you as the man, you should be prepared for this as the husband.
Indeed! smiley

Philip4564, pay attention. undecided
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by rainluv: 9:08pm On Mar 03
I'm more interested in the duties and contributions of the man in day to day house chores and kids care

5 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 11:24pm On Mar 03
EreluRoz:
You will always have your way even if the truth stares right in your face. No be you again
gringrin
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by 1Sharon(f): 12:08am On Mar 04
A wife should contribute under 50% of the bills at home. If it's about the same or more, she ends up doing more.

A woman should be either be a SAHM or pay under 50% of the bills. Nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by cococandy(f): 2:09am On Mar 04
Philip4564:
Like I'm very curious and willing to know the responsibility of the wife at home or let me just say where does she step in the bills at home. I mean which area is she suppose to be assisting the husband in the shouldering of the responsibility at home. I'll like the married folks here to enlighten us or give us an insight on the area where their wife cater for in the responsibility. I'm a young guy just getting into it and I'll like to know where my wife should be contributing to Thanks.
mmm okay but
What area are you contributing to in the keeping of the home?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by cococandy(f): 2:10am On Mar 04
Philip4564:
so what you're trying to say now is for the man to shoulder the responsibility 100%

No. She’s saying embrace a partnership.

2 Likes

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by cococandy(f): 2:12am On Mar 04
Elaborate please

Tallesty1:
especially coming from someone who has strong opinions on traditional gender roles in marriages
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by akaahs(m): 4:31pm On Mar 04
EreluRoz:
I dislike men having such mindset, like that sharing bills wareva I detest it as well and as such I reply them in a very silly way.

Two people who are truly into each other won't even remember sharing bills or whatever, the man should be ready to be the financial provider while a wise woman know how to be his back bone codedly.

Men that go into marriage waiting to share bills with a woman always have problems because women are naturally not created to provide, a woman that shares bill with her husband most times loose respect for the man and before you say jerk marriage have broken.

A woman should help all round when needed without being told and not attaching her to a particular responsibility.
Will u still expect him assist you doing the house chores??
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:22am On Mar 05
crackhaus:

Because she doesn't have money, is broken from having bad relationships, or just a stingy person. grin

A woman who's a natural giver, has no emotional scars, or has plenty money to spend, will never see it as a big deal contributing to her home.

Heck, I even hate that word 'contributing'. It's like saying you're contributing to your own life.

Or maybe she believes in gender roles, have you thought about that?
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:30am On Mar 05
crackhaus:

More gibberish.

Speak for yourself, darling.

I find it very uncanny for a woman to assume the "provider" role when it is not that the man is incapacitated to provide or is going through a financial meltdown. If not, why should I? How then do you assert your masculinty? Breeding kids and causing an uproar in bed? grin

So, it is okay for me to a part or full provider and still assume the back breaking chores while saddling with the kids in the home while the man does what with himself? Make it make sense. grin

I am a staunch believer of gender roles. That someone does not share alike values with you does not make their opinion(s) gibberish. Remember that two truths can coexist and we can still be happy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by TheWinterBird(f): 9:05am On Mar 05
There're marriages where men don't mind being the sole providers because they've the capacity, there're marriages where the women earns more, etc. There's no one-size-fits-all with something like this, as every marriage is different. You've to communicate with your spouse and discuss what works for y'all, not what others are doing.

1 Like

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Philip4564(m): 9:41am On Mar 05
TheWinterBird:
There're marriages where men don't mind being the sole providers because they've the capacity, there're marriages where the women earns more, etc. There's no one-size-fits-all with something like this, as every marriage is different. You've to communicate with your spouse and discuss what works for y'all, not what others are doing.
Thanks God bless
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 11:51pm On Mar 10
UyaiIncomparabl:

Speak for yourself, darling.

I find it very uncanny for a woman to assume the "provider" role when it is not that the man is incapacitated to provide or is going through a financial meltdown. If not, why should I? How then do you assert your masculinty? Breeding kids and causing an uproar in bed? grin

So, it is okay for me to a part or full provider and still assume the back breaking chores while saddling with the kids in the home while the man does what with himself? Make it make sense. grin

I am a staunch believer of gender roles. That someone does not share alike values with you does not make their opinion(s) gibberish. Remember that two truths can coexist and we can still be happy.
Na oriaku lifestyle you fess dey find from beginning... No surprises.

Only you said two truths can coexist, only you still said you find my opinion 'uncanny'. Werey grin

Go chop dat afang soup wey una cook today make you dey alright.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 12:00am On Mar 11
UyaiIncomparabl:

Or maybe she believes in gender roles, have you thought about that?
Your financial situation can make you a believer of gender roles, because you don't have choice.

You cannot hear all this kind of talk from women who have money and are givers.

And when I say money, I mean her own money wey she work for... not my husband dash me.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Kelechi009: 12:13am On Mar 11
NoToPile:
Maybe a woman should also open a thread to ask which area should a man contribute in domestic care of the home.

Most if not all working women do contribute to the home already so what's with the formula.

Just know that house rent, school fees, chop moni, major bills are on you as the man, you should be prepared for this as the husband.

I think you should open that thread, let's see what the outcome would be.
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:44pm On Mar 11
crackhaus:

Your financial situation can make you a believer of gender roles, because you don't have choice.

You cannot hear all this kind of talk from women who have money and are givers.

And when I say money, I mean her own money wey she work for... not my husband dash me.

Which financial situation? Whether I have money or not, my man should provide. I am a giver, but you will provide. How about that? Or is it too hard to understand? sad
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:45pm On Mar 11
crackhaus:

Na oriaku lifestyle you fess dey find from beginning... No surprises.

Only you said two truths can coexist, only you still said you find my opinion 'uncanny'. Werey grin

Go chop dat afang soup wey una cook today make you dey alright.

Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by crackhaus: 7:36am On Mar 13
UyaiIncomparabl:

Which financial situation? Whether I have money or not, my man should provide. I am a giver, but you will provide. How about that? Or is it too hard to understand? sad
Lol, okay... grin
Re: Which Area Should A Woman Be Contributing To At Home by Gbadugbakun(m): 8:37am On Mar 13
EreluRoz:

You're clearly still living with your parents this is why you have no idea of how harsh the economic situation is out there.

Only a witch would look at a man she claims to love suffering to provide food for his family and tell herself that buying snacks for her kids would be her contribution in the home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gift Idea? / Falsely Accused Of “injury To A Child-bodily Injury”~Married To Nigeria / Born Into A Wealthy Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.