Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,913 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise (2346 Views)

Living In Croatia - Work And Study Route / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Cost Of Japa To Uk For Family Of 4 Via Study Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:03pm On Mar 03
ednut1:
one of them is actively looking for African American to marry cheesy. That Belgium stuff is true my hostel mate in university schooled there before going to another country. He saw Nigerians on their 2-3rd masters. Looks like to see oyinbo to marry don hard vs 15 years ago. E go better

I pity Nigerian guys in Europe looking for whites. Our rep don spoil finish. Here people are very curious when they know I am Nigerian. So if I wanted to marry here it's easy for me grin grin grin but I don't need to marry to gain papers grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by SIXFEETUNDER: 3:06pm On Mar 03
tensazangetsu20:

I pity Nigerian guys in Europe looking for whites. Our rep don spoil finish. Here people are very curious when they know I am Nigerian. So if I wanted to marry here it's easy for me grin grin grin but I don't need to marry to gain papers grin grin grin

Yt bannies disgusts me

Best to settle for one brown yummy fajita or blackie
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Sukovick(m): 3:14pm On Mar 03
ednut1:
language barrier and lack of opportunities. Learning Language is one thing, can you speak and write it at a professional level is another thing .
Are they not too hard to learn?
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by lastkingsman: 3:34pm On Mar 03
tensazangetsu20:

Actually the NIW is not a lottery. It's very straightforward if you meet all the requirements. The H1B is the one that is lottery based. I also don't understand why you will go to a country and not learn the language. It's insulting. Missionaries that come here to Chile to preach spend a year learning the language before coming.

Where can I read on the requirements?
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03
lastkingsman:

Where can I read on the requirements?

Just Google it and read the requirements from the US government website itself. It's not a lottery based system.
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by ahmedio2017(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03
Hannania:
If you have it and its at least 6 months, You're good to go

Thanks so much boss,
Supposing I enter Benin rep today, like how many months will it take me to get their residency permit?
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by lastkingsman: 3:46pm On Mar 03
ednut1:
one of them is actively looking for African American to marry cheesy. That Belgium stuff is true my hostel mate in university schooled there before going to another country. He saw Nigerians on their 2-3rd masters. Looks like to see oyinbo to marry don hard vs 15 years ago. E go better

Eyibo don wise up. Once they sense you are looking for papers or take advantage of the union to achieve selfish interests, them don leave you.

I discuss with one here and she told me this. She made it clear to me that they have seen issues from the past and most people are not ready to risk it again
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:50pm On Mar 03
lastkingsman:

Eyibo don wise up. Once they sense you are looking for papers or take advantage of the union to achieve selfish interests, them don leave you.

I discuss with one here and she told me this. She made it clear to me that they have seen issues from the past and most people are not ready to risk it again

That Belgium to get work visa, your salary must be at least 45000 euros. My uncle living there more than 20 years no earn reach that o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by lastkingsman: 3:59pm On Mar 03
tensazangetsu20:

That Belgium to get work visa, your salary must be at least 45000 euros. My uncle living there more than 20 years no earn reach that o grin grin

The same thing You Kay has done right now. To get sponsorship, you need to earn £38,700 (45,142 euro). The only expectation is care sponsorship but you can't bring in dependent on less than £38,700 salary.

I think Germany recently reduced the threshold now and number of years to clinch citizenship
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:03pm On Mar 03
lastkingsman:

The same thing You Kay has done right now. To get sponsorship, you need to earn £38,700 (45,142 euro). The only expectation is care sponsorship but you can't bring in dependent on less than £38,700 salary.

I think Germany recently reduced the threshold now and number of years to clinch citizenship

Yes Germany make sense but waiting two years for appointment is the norm now
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by austino677(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03
tensazangetsu20:

for Nigerians I think. Other African countries like Southern and eastern Africa doesn't wait for such time
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by lastkingsman: 5:04pm On Mar 03
tensazangetsu20:

Tensa, there's sth I noticed recently.

Jobs listing for programming roles are reducing on job site like indeed. Last year java key word returned 25,000 and 7000 listing for Germany and UK respectively. It has reduced to 6000 and 3000 now for Germany and UK respectively.

What's happening? cheesy
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:10pm On Mar 03
lastkingsman:

Jobs listing for programming roles are reducing on job site like indeed. Last year java key word returned 25,000 and 7000 listing for Germany and UK respectively. It has reduced to 6000 and 3000 now for Germany and UK respectively.

What's happening? cheesy

Hmmm 🤔 no idea. I feel probably cause interest rates are high at the moment and a lot of companies are having it hard to raise money so not much positions available
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by SIXFEETUNDER: 5:33pm On Mar 03
lastkingsman:

What's happening? cheesy

Layoffs??
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by MrAAA2: 6:27pm On Mar 03
Hannania:
Lack of opportunities? I don't think so. Your friends just didn't want to learn the language, which is catastrophic, or most likely were looking at the earning potential of the US. Lack of opportunities and Germany should not be in the same sentence.

Cc: MrAAA2

Before we talk opportunities, lack of it thereof, one should be able to speak German up to B2 at least.
Without good German, the market size potential drastically reduce to up to 70%.

But blue collar and entry level IT is an open field ground.

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03
MrAAA2:

Before we talk opportunities, lack of it thereof, one should be able to speak German up to B2 at least.
Without good German, the market size potential drastically reduce to up to 70%.

But blue collar and entry level IT is an open field ground.
Spot on!
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03
ahmedio2017:

Thanks so much boss,
Supposing I enter Benin rep today, like how many months will it take me to get their residency permit?
Dont just enter blindly. Ask around and have someone put you through the process who can assist you. Else, you'll spend more than necessary. I guy did his own around Nov at about 150k total.
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by MrAAA2: 9:49pm On Mar 03
Sukovick:
Can't affor study route.
Which country can one japa to with any vocational training without coming back after the completion of the training.

Even if you have this intent, do not say it publicly here, doesn't help you either
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Sukovick(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03
MrAAA2:

Even if you have this intent, do not say it publicly here, doesn't help you either
What are you suggesting?
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by wonyi: 2:37am On Mar 04
Hannania:
There's something called Ausbildung in Germany. Companies will train you for three year while paying you averagely €800 to €2500 depending on the company. That's enough for your living expenses monthly. When you're done, your chances of employment is almost 100%.

For requirements, you need B1 German, and for nursing it's B2. All you need to do is have the language certificate, apply, then get your visa.

Getting a visa in Nigeria is more than a year for that, and the companies will not wait. Here's my suggestion

Get residence permit from Benin republic, Senegal or Gambia. It has to stay for 6 months before you can apply for visa in those counties. From now till then, you can learn German to B1/B2 if you're serious.

When you get the Ausbildung offer, use the residence permit and you'll be in Germany. There's no need for proof of Funds because the offer meets that. Good luck

https://liveingermany.de/ausbildung-in-germany/

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Esiman(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04
Thank you my own boss. Your update is always up to date.
Hannania:
There's something called Ausbildung in Germany. Companies will train you for three year while paying you averagely €800 to €2500 depending on the company. That's enough for your living expenses monthly. When you're done, your chances of employment is almost 100%.

For requirements, you need B1 German, and for nursing it's B2. All you need to do is have the language certificate, apply, then get your visa.

Getting a visa in Nigeria is more than a year for that, and the companies will not wait. Here's my suggestion

Get residence permit from Benin republic, Senegal or Gambia. It has to stay for 6 months before you can apply for visa in those counties. From now till then, you can learn German to B1/B2 if you're serious.

When you get the Ausbildung offer, use the residence permit and you'll be in Germany. There's no need for proof of Funds because the offer meets that. Good luck

https://liveingermany.de/ausbildung-in-germany/

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 8:00am On Mar 05
Esiman:
Thank you my own boss. Your update is always up to date.
There are countless opportunities to Japa without using student route. Dig deeper, and you'd be amazed at the information out there. Language can be a barrier early on, but you can always do "Japa version 2.0" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by dgee1(m): 11:06am On Mar 05
Bro, it's difficult to get that kind of info because most of them are gated and aren't really readily available online. Once some folks get some of those routes, they become "travel agents" and you'll have to pay through your nose for them to help you. God knows I need that kind of info right now. It's just been tough and frustrating knowing what to do with the rising cost of japa.
Hannania:
There are countless opportunities to Japa without using student route. Dig deeper, and you'd be amazed at the information out there. Language can be a barrier early on, but you can always do "Japa version 2.0" cheesy
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 11:44am On Mar 05
dgee1:
Bro, it's difficult to get that kind of info because most of them are gated and aren't really readily available online. Once some folks get some of those routes, they become "travel agents" and you'll have to pay through your nose for them to help you. God knows I need that kind of info right now. It's just been tough and frustrating knowing what to do with the rising cost of japa.
Valuable things take sweat and hardwork to gain.

Let me give you an example of how you can dig this information personally. Let's say Germany for example:

1. Go to the immigration website for the country, look at different immigration routes for third world nationals, and see if there's an exception for Nigeria (We don cast). If there's none, read the requirements and jot down the ones you think you're eligible for.

2. Go to the consulate website here in Nigeria, then look for the visa checklist for that immigration route you found. If there's anyone you miss, then find a way to fill in the gap.

3. Ask and research what the timeline for that visa is, cost implications and alternative routes to reduce waiting time.

With the 3 steps above for all 27 countries in Europe(as a sample) I assure you you'll be confused on the options because of the overwhelming possibilities.

Other Africans have been utilizing the Ausbildung system in Germany for example. Straight out of highschool to study nursing while getting paid. They graduate, work for a year or two, then move to Canada or Australia.

Ps: they start studying the language in the finals. You can see what information can do

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by dgee1(m): 11:50am On Mar 05
Thanks so much for the pointers.
Hannania:

Let me give you an example of how you can dig this information personally. Let's say Germany for example:

1. Go to the immigration website for the country, look at different immigration routes for third world nationals, and see if there's an exception for Nigeria (We don cast). If there's none, read the requirements and jot down the ones you think you're eligible for.

2. Go to the consulate website here in Nigeria, then look for the visa checklist for that immigration route you found. If there's anyone you miss, then find a way to fill in the gap.

3. Ask and research what the timeline for that visa is, cost implications and alternative routes to reduce waiting time.

With the 3 steps above for all 27 countries in Europe(as a sample) I assure you you'll be confused on the options because of the overwhelming possibilities.

Other Africans have been utilizing the Ausbildung system in Germany for example. Straight out of highschool to study nursing while getting paid. They graduate, work for a year or two, then move to Canada or Australia.

Ps: they start studying the language in the finals. You can see what information can do
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Sukovick(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05
Hannania:
How can I japa in v2.0?
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 12:13pm On Mar 05
Sukovick:

How can I japa in v2.0?
Japa version 2.0 is based on individuals. The slang basically means moving from less economical nation to the other. E.g Nigeria > Austria > Australia. Some persons might find the ebode they need in Austria. That's why I said it's relative. Try do v1.0 first grin

2 Likes

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Onekilo: 1:25pm On Mar 05
Do a Hybrid program. Start the course online and apply for the visa process.
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by MrAAA2: 7:21pm On Mar 05
Hannania:

I bet a very few will do anything about this information. They rather look for WhatsApp or Telegram group, agent/agency.

This is why there are many victims of scams.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Hannania(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05
MrAAA2:

I bet a very few will do anything about this information. They rather look for WhatsApp or Telegram group, agent/agency.

This is why there are many victims of scams.
Another reason why travel agents cash in heavily year in year out.
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by MrAAA2: 8:07pm On Mar 05
Sukovick:

What are you suggesting?

Do what you want, don't destroy the possibilities for others.
Re: Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise by Esiman(m): 12:50am On Mar 06
You're right. I believe It's doable.
Hannania:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any College In The U.s Or Canada That Accept 56 Toefl Score? / Can I Join The Us Marines From Nigeria / Why Refugees Prefer Sweden To Denmark?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.