Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System (3945 Views)

Business That Will Give You Income Flow Always / Do You Need Advice On Poultry And Fish Farming? / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System by shanda(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
I have been doing a little research about fish farming as I intend to start one soon, and a lot of posts on this forum has been of help. I don't know which to go for between these two systems of aquaculture. From the information that I've gathered so far, one can produce more fish with the recirculatory system, but the system requires constant electricity supply.

The flow through system on the other hand is easier to manage, requires a lot of water, but produces lesser number of fish. I want to know the advantages and disadvantages of both systems. I would also like experienced fish farmers to advice on which to go for (all things been equal).
Re: Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System by shanda(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2011
Where have all the fish farmers gone
Re: Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System by talk2cash(m): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2011
I think the whole issue here is boil-down to money. if you have the money go for re-circulatory system and if you not have a enough money go for flow through system.

The flow through system is easy to set up and less expensive to manage as it does not require electricity which is the number of problem in Nigeria but if well, manage will still produce almost the same result. this is from my experience which i got from warri two years a go.

But flow through system is good for every aspiring person who want to start something.

But if you have enough money, go for re-circulatory system, But you need constant light which will cost you a lot of money, constant feeds as fish tents to eat less and you have to feed them time to time to get a better result. You may not gain because of the electricity and other cost like water treatment, you need to employed more people, Constant washing of the system, It is profitable if properly manage.

I have seen this two system, the first one is less money to start while the second one require big money to start, both profitable
Re: Fish Farming: Recirculatory System Vs Flow Through System by ultrazone(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
If you need to empower yourself in fish and poultry farming free, I suggest you take a look at my signature.

(1) (Reply)

20 Business You Can Start With #1000 To #1500 / Okomu Oil, Dangote Cement Shares Depreciate At NSE / Yam Business? Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.