Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) (13817 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by franchasofficia: 9:51am On Mar 04
30k in the under water will be better sad
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by davies(m): 9:52am On Mar 04
[quote author=LoveTalk post=128755595]Hello everyone.

Please, I need your advice as I am confused at the moment.

I am to choose between the job of 130k on the mainland or job of 330k on the island. Pls note that I started the 130k few months ago and I spend 600naira daily on transport (about 13k on transport for a month). It is on the mainland and not far from my area. No traffic or whatsoever. My colleagues are amazing people, and the workplace is super convenient. I didn't apply for the job, but the CEO gave it to me when I messaged him that I needed job, so he decided to help me by giving me the job. He is a good man who cares about people. I can say that he motivates me a lot.

I am to start the 330k soon, but it is on the island, and I am to spend about 4k on transportation (about 90k). I will still have the balance of 240k left on me after removing transportation.
I am confused because I don't know how to discuss it with the CEO who assisted me. I am thinking that he will feel bad, and our relationship will be affected. Sincerely, he is a good man, and he motivates me a lot, but the pay is small compared to the new offer I got.
Both jobs are secured and safe.

Please, Advise me.
Which one should I go for and why?
Thank you.

My advise is for you to take the island job but before doing that kindly refer me as a replacement to your boss, though I don't know your job role but I know I can perfectly fit well. Dm me on 08112445797

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by zinaunreal(m): 9:52am On Mar 04
Both money na change now o
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by 6ixVille: 9:53am On Mar 04
Take none
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by adecz: 9:53am On Mar 04
Discuss with him, he'll understand.

200k difference is a big thing in this
era of jagabanomics❗️❗️❗️😎😎😎

But also consider the stress level of
living on mainland & commuting to
Island.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Angelfrost(m): 9:53am On Mar 04
No one should feel bad that someone is going higher in life, except he is an enemy of progress...!

Money aside, what about job security and career growth?!! Which of them offers you better options in these aspects?!

Make the right choice based on what benefits your career path, and not out of sentiments or feelings of a helper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by akinmusi(m): 9:55am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

I am to choose between the job of 130k on the mainland or job of 330k on the island. Pls note that I started the 130k few months ago and I spend 600naira daily on transport (about 13k on transport for a month). It is on the mainland and not far from my area. No traffic or whatsoever. My colleagues are amazing people, and the workplace is super convenient. I didn't apply for the job, but the CEO gave it to me when I messaged him that I needed job, so he decided to help me by giving me the job. He is a good man who cares about people. I can say that he motivates me a lot.

I am to start the 330k soon, but it is on the island, and I am to spend about 4k on transportation (about 90k). I will still have the balance of 240k left on me after removing transportation.
I am confused because I don't know how to discuss it with the CEO who assisted me. I am thinking that he will feel bad, and our relationship will be affected. Sincerely, he is a good man, and he motivates me a lot, but the pay is small compared to the new offer I got.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

How is your boss feeling knowing he is underpaying you but have that foul mentality that at least he helped you and you should be grateful.

Please anyone at your peril.
Hunger knows no pity ooo
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by odun99(f): 9:56am On Mar 04
Please who knows how to apply for/claim this FG palliative funds/food.
I haven't gotten anything and job no dey. Make person no go kpai like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by do4luv14(m): 9:57am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

You just factoring only Transportation on the Island Job,

Ask yourself what about feeding, traffic and the stress, there you will get your answer,

My Advice is Stay put where you are, take Course that will improve you, Take out quality time for yourself, and look at investing, it will shock you,

You can invest as low as 2k, and you call also invest in dollars too, buy foreign stock, shares, and invest in foreign coy like Apple and the likes all from the comfort of your home, without even breaking much sweat,

So stay put on your present Job,

Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by IamHonourable1: 9:58am On Mar 04
Every time this same topic,una no dey learn from others?

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by WhiteWood: 9:58am On Mar 04
My suggestion is that if you're happy and comfortable in your current job, it may be wise for you to stay. Sometimes, life is not all about money-- factors like relationships, peace of mind etc, are things that money cannot buy -- As the saying goes, it's sometimes better to stick with the familiar than to venture into the unknown.

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by motionarena: 10:04am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

Take the island job, you will be exposed to bigger opportunities
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Blazadenise(m): 10:06am On Mar 04
Where una they see this jobs na....

4 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by caracas: 10:06am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:

Thank you for this.
The new job is very close to the view hotel, lekki phase 1 while I will be leaving from somewhere around Idi Araba, Luth side
Don’t waste time in taking the 330k on the island.
Do not listen to ppl saying working on the island is stressful. Working in Lagos generally is stressful.
You are even lucky you stay in idiaraba Luth.There’s usually a straight bus to cms in the morning from that road.Believe you me it’s not as hard as a they say.Apart from the huge financial difference , working on the island propels you higher, you get to meet ppl n better opportunities working on the island.
Don’t waste time pick the island job….

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Theoarhics: 10:10am On Mar 04
Cost of living in mainland and islands there is no much much difference... What you should consider most on Lagos is proximity and transportation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by ogododo: 10:10am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.
Dem still dey tell you? U need 2 by 2 to work on Island.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by gabbytabby: 10:11am On Mar 04
I will say take the island job but plan to move as soon as possible to the island or its immediate environment cos long travel in Lagos is a lot of strain on the body.

LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by razzydoo(m): 10:12am On Mar 04
LMAO! There’s more to this. Someone just gave you job like that without interview, without submitting CV. He’s a good man, he cares about people. grin That’s the source of the guilt. It’s up to you then to decide.

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Ashawoman82: 10:13am On Mar 04
uniquetechng:
My boy jumped on a well paying job on the Island few years ago but almost got depressed because of the stress involved in going to the Island from mainland daily especially having to wake up as early as 4am daily and returned home around 12am most days because of traffic.
Think it through before approaching your current boss.
he should just relocate to the island.

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by WhiteWood: 10:15am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

My suggestion is that if you're happy and comfortable in your current job, it may be wise for you to stay. Sometimes, life is not all about money-- factors like relationships, peace of mind etc, are things that money cannot buy -- As the saying goes, it's sometimes better to stick with the familiar than to venture into the unknown.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by hansomb: 10:15am On Mar 04
Buy Machine to reduce costs
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by lekanjeremiah(m): 10:16am On Mar 04
1. Account keeper
If numbers are your language and financial precision is your forte, we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are on the lookout for a skilled and detail-oriented Accountant to be a key player in our financial success. Take the next step in your career and contribute to a dynamic team where your expertise is valued.

Duties:
• Managing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the finance team
• preparing payment schedules, verification of bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliation and monthly internal financial reports to assist managers with planning, forecasting
• Liaison with local government and also banks for fund management
• Review the P&L and balance sheet items on a monthly basis as well as underlying account reconciliations to ensure integrity of the data and identify potential cost savings also schedule needs to be prepared where ever required
• Analyzing working capital and cash flow, monitoring debt collections to ensure timely payment from clients
Must know how to operate Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel

Apply now and be part of our journey towards financial excellence!

Key Details:
Working hours: 9 am - 5 pm, Mon - Fri

Perks:
Competitive Salary: 85k - 100k

2. Four Customer Service Representative
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey in the world of customer service? We're on the lookout for a dynamic Customer Service Representative!

Key Details:
Working hours: 9 am - 5 pm, Mon - Fri

Job Description:
If you're the kind of person who loves to engage with customers, solve problems, and has a people-first attitude, this role is perfect for you! As a Customer Service Representative, you'll be the hero addressing customer concerns, answering questions, and ensuring their needs are met.

What You'll Do:
Manage incoming calls and customer inquiries
Interact with customers to provide product and service information
Identify and assess customer needs
Generate sales leads and develop new customer relationships

Perks:
Competitive Salary: 100k
Chevron, Ajah

3. Social Media Manager

We are currently looking for a Social Media Manager to join our team. The position requires working five days a week from 9 am to 5 pm. We are looking for candidates aged between 25-36 years. with accommodation

Job Description:

- Assist on influencer campaign strategy

- Build a social media strategy

- Create multimedia content

- Encourage collaboration among departments

- Increase social media engagement across platforms

- Manage advertising campaigns

Salary: The salary for this position is 120,000.00 - 150,000.00

4. Clothes Designer

We need a Quality Control Inspector with experience in tailoring. Accommodation is available for the right candidate. Working hours are from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. The ideal candidate should be between 29 and 36 years old.

Job Description:

- Identify product defects

- Interpret product specifications

- Monitor operations

The salary is 100k and the location is Chevron, Ajah Axis. Please apply only if you reside in this jurisdiction.

Qualification: OND, HND, Bsc

5.  Store Manager

The position specifically requires a female candidate with experience in retail store management. The ideal candidate should be between 29 and 36 years of age and be available to work from Monday to Saturday from 8am to 7pm.

The responsibilities of the job include setting daily, weekly, and monthly objectives, organizing workflow, coaching employees, ensuring safe use of equipment, overseeing production output, submitting weekly reports, identifying and suggesting improvements, training new employees and enforcing safety guidelines and company standards. Experience in retail store management.

The salary for the position is 100k. The employer prefers a mature lady for the job.

Kindly visit the site to apply
https://jegaoutsourcingnetwork.com.ng/
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Titogbanski: 10:16am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

Choose the job that offers better opportunities of development, knowing new and influential people, gaining unique experiences etc.

Sometime changing environment changes mentality, drive and opportunities.

Go to the Island......soon you would start living there

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by deavicky(m): 10:16am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:

Resumption is 9pm.
what do you think?
did you mean 9.am or 9.pm?
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Kingrshd3: 10:17am On Mar 04
Jogs1900:
There's no difference between the 2 jobs unless you want to move close to the island.

Just look at the prospect of the 2 jobs.Dont look at the pay.The 100k difference after transportation cost will still be next to nothing.
Just know that working on the island considering your location will involve more transportation risk,spending more on feeding and other expenses...

Exactly the transport is on the high side and stress inclusive kai 90k plus unforseen expenses

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Pejah97: 10:18am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:

why are you laughing?
what do you advice pls?

Please I am in Ogba you can recommend me if you leave for the one with higher offer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by LoveTalk(f): 10:18am On Mar 04
deavicky:
did you mean 9.am or 9.pm?
9am
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Sensiblerealist: 10:19am On Mar 04
The traffic situation is better these days. When they finish this new cycle of unending repairs on 3rd mainland bridge, it will even get better coupled with the red rail line

uniquetechng:
My boy jumped on a well paying job on the Island few years ago but almost got depressed because of the stress involved in going to the Island from mainland daily especially having to wake up as early as 4am daily and returned home around 12am most days because of traffic.
Think it through before approaching your current boss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by greypencils: 10:19am On Mar 04
Take your island job. Get a house at Oworo, Yaba, Gbagada or Ogudu and dey alrite. About your unwillingness to leave your current job, you must know that you can't advance in life if you are unwilling to leave your comfort zone. This applies to not just your current situation.

3 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Myself2(m): 10:21am On Mar 04
Where do you live ?

You can go for 400k job on the mainland instead
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by emecheboy2(m): 10:23am On Mar 04
You better take the 330k ASAP. Moving upwards will be way easier for a prospective career.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by StraightGaay: 10:25am On Mar 04
If I were you I will take the 450k job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career / #FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.