Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others (21878 Views)

Beneficiaries Of Any Religious Leaders Donations Should Share Their Experience. / I Feel I Should Share This Here!. / Ladies Should Share Links For Websites Instead Of Slaying On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by coputa(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03
1. The less you share, the less people will be in your personal life.

2. You'll slowly stop caring about people's opinion on you.

3. You won't have to seek validation to do what feels right for you.

4. If everyone is your friend, you've a problem. You can't trust anyone with personal information.

5. You'll attract peace into your life. You'll experience less drama, toxic energy and more time alone.

6. The real flex is being private, staying low-key and telling no one about your life.

7. It'll be 10x easier to walk some paths alone to achieve your personal goals.

8. Privacy teaches you independence and how to connect with people on a deeper level.

9. Everyone leaves. You'll learn how to be alone and not feel lonely.

10. When you build in silence, people won't know what to attack.

11. People will want to know more about you when you talk less about yourself.

12. People don't care so much about you. They only care on what you can offer.

312 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Thundafireseun: 6:37pm On Mar 03
angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Obainoman6: 6:38pm On Mar 03
If at all you need to share about yourself, share only small when necessary.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by PastorOlokonla: 6:44pm On Mar 03
That is me 100%.

I only have one friend in the world who I share things.

I have turned down countless friendship attempts by others. That way, I enjoy my peace and quiet.
When you meet Nigerians for the first time, they like to interrogate and get all info about you.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Godada(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03

The Op is actually 100% on point.

In addition, people in general do not know how to listen. They have ears that hear very well, but seldom have they acquired the necessary aural skills which would allow those ears to be used effectively for what is called listening.โ€

Lastly, they are gifted with more than information to judge unfairly.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ignis: 6:50pm On Mar 03
It's quite annoying seeing people that share every damn thing about them and family on social media.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by meum: 6:50pm On Mar 03
True
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Aldebaran(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03
grin

Only introverts like me will understand everything said above.... grin

Typical Nigerians are extroverts (always seeking for attention) and noise makers... They like showing off, which most of the time puts them (and their family) in big trouble.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by TotoIsGud4boy: 6:52pm On Mar 03
G
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Rosella25(f): 6:52pm On Mar 03
Pure truth๐Ÿ‘

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by bouncin04(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03
Lagosians are annoyingly too nosey and intrusive, doesn't matter if you share or not , as long as you worked or lived in a place for over a week , they will worm and wriggle their way into your affairs.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by WebLab: 6:53pm On Mar 03
People can only kill what they know!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Nairalander321: 6:53pm On Mar 03
Don't disclose your weakness, you may get fake sympathizers who would use the information against you in the future

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by fidelmarshal199: 6:53pm On Mar 03
My only friends are my phone, pc and my weed. They gat my back 24/7 and I don't have to worry bout anyone of them gossiping behind me

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Besko(m): 6:53pm On Mar 03
No. 10!
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Donsilase: 6:54pm On Mar 03
Sometimes other people's ideas also matters

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Fairview1: 6:54pm On Mar 03
Seeking for safe space can provide individuals with privacy, reduced stress, self-sufficiency, and freedom, but it can also lead to loneliness, lack of social support, limited opportunities, and stigma. Whether living in seclusion is beneficial or not depends on the individual's personality, needs, and goals.

You just need to find a balance Op. Research has consistently shown that the biggest drawbacks of living in seclusion is loneliness, which can have negative effects on mental and physical health.

29 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by LIVINGICONREBOR: 6:54pm On Mar 03
At least reference quora.com, the online site you copied this stuff from.๐Ÿค”

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by nautybride: 6:55pm On Mar 03
tongue
Tell them but at the point of depression, seek help! Talk to someone.
That someone shouldn't be a town crier though!

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by nautybride: 6:55pm On Mar 03
shocked
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Chummynoni(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03
The less they know about you, the more power you have over them.

DO YOU KNOW!!
That your neighbors are unhappy with you because you dont disclose informations about you to them? Truly! Silence is golden.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Emperoo: 7:00pm On Mar 03
It's copied from www.bizka.ng
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by whytediamond(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03
smiley
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by saasala(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03
I laugh when I read this type of article about not sharing things about yourself.

You can share a good amount of things about yourself to people who care to listen and still maintain a healthy self esteem.

The world is bad and full of negative people but not as bad as people portray it. The amount of good people out there surpass the bad ones.

This is how people keep quiet and die in silence. Their moto is "Don't tell people about yourself"

First surround yourself with good people, and then tell the good people as much as possible. Africans are not wired to live keeping our mouth shut about ourselves or problems

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by AntiChristian: 7:01pm On Mar 03
Avoid see finish!

Never buy garri and Sugar + Groundnut in the same place!

He get why! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by fredoooooo: 7:01pm On Mar 03
Expose ya yansh outside for the world to see , na you go face the consequences grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by edu09: 7:01pm On Mar 03
Especially to good people
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:05pm On Mar 03
True.
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Bintasukai: 7:06pm On Mar 03
Nairalander321:
Don't disclose your weakness, you may get fake sympathizers who would use the information against you in the future

So very correct, happened to me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Walai(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03
๐Ÿ’ฏ true facts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Condom Protect One From The Effect Of Magun? / 5 Things You Need To Do Before The Year Ends / Three Things A Feminist Should Avoid (Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.