Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others (21865 Views)

Beneficiaries Of Any Religious Leaders Donations Should Share Their Experience. / I Feel I Should Share This Here!. / Ladies Should Share Links For Websites Instead Of Slaying On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by pacespot(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03
coputa:

1. The less you share, the less people will be in your personal life.

2. You'll slowly stop caring about people's opinion on you.

3. You won't have to seek validation to do what feels right for you.

4. If everyone is your friend, you've a problem. You can't trust anyone with personal information.

5. You'll attract peace into your life. You'll experience less drama, toxic energy and more time alone.

6. The real flex is being private, staying low-key and telling no one about your life.

7. It'll be 10x easier to walk some paths alone to achieve your personal goals.

8. Privacy teaches you independence and how to connect with people on a deeper level.

9. Everyone leaves. You'll learn how to be alone and not feel lonely.

10. When you build in silence, people won't know what to attack.

11. People will want to know more about you when you talk less about yourself.

12. People don't care so much about you. They only care on what you can offer.

The most important thing is put last in your list: people don't care much about you the way you think

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ifinger: 7:09pm On Mar 03
The only person deserving of our plan is our wife else keep it to yourself ! Your colleagues at work are not your confidants

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Fairview1: 7:11pm On Mar 03
LIVINGICONREBOR:
At least reference quora.com, the online site you copied this stuff from.🤔

Read and pass and stop showing yourself. Anyone could have put up the write up.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by faceland: 7:15pm On Mar 03
The proverbial "village people".

Don't end up like....(I will not call name, they didn't even see his dead body to bury).

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by FUTURE4202(m): 7:21pm On Mar 03
good write-up

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03
Op
I learn the hard way since then I am always on guide...

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ObalendeCMS: 7:24pm On Mar 03
I can share alot about me with you & you'll still won't know a thing about me.
I will scatter your head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by FUTURE4202(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03
Gentlesoul2021:
Op
I learn the hard way since then I am always on guide...
I have been so open all this while especially when am high and it's very damaging(i mean to be open) but have gotta learn something from what op have said. And as you said i also gotta learn the hard way now

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by NuCypher: 7:28pm On Mar 03
coputa:

4. If everyone is your friend, you've a problem. You can't trust anyone with personal information.

5. You'll attract peace into your life. You'll experience less drama, toxic energy and more time alone.

6. The real flex is being private, staying low-key and telling no one about your life.

8. Privacy teaches you independence and how to connect with people on a deeper level.

This is so right. But the narcissistic tendency in humans can never make most want to do this. Most people want everyone informed about their successes in life. They want to brag about it. They want others to envy them, to worship them. Why do you think the large majority of Christian crowd at Adeboye's church were super esctatic when he said "your colleagues will come to you for food" or something of that sort? Omo, people are just inherently narcissistic.

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Starz825(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03
Fairview1:
Seeking for safe space can provide individuals with privacy, reduced stress, self-sufficiency, and freedom, but it can also lead to loneliness, lack of social support, limited opportunities, and stigma. Whether living in seclusion is beneficial or not depends on the individual's personality, needs, and goals.

You just need to find a balance Op. Research has consistently shown that the biggest drawbacks of living in seclusion is loneliness, which can have negative effects on mental and physical health.
Thats it

As life no too balance...our job on earth here na to find the balance.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Celestialsword: 7:30pm On Mar 03
ifinger:

The only person deserving of our plan is our wife else keep it to yourself ! Your colleagues at work are not your confidants
A man mustn't tell his wife everything, women are too emotionally wired

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Caleb15(m): 7:40pm On Mar 03
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Emman08: 8:00pm On Mar 03
How to be paranoid
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Newton2024: 8:04pm On Mar 03
coputa:

#12 is a golden truth. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Truthshotcrazy: 8:04pm On Mar 03
coputa:

grin cool
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by IAmHim1: 8:05pm On Mar 03
you gotta be a good person to be attracted by good people.

like attracts like

you gotta be heaven to see heaven

you cant eat your cake and have it

saasala:
I laugh when I read this type of article about not sharing things about yourself.

You can share a good amount of things about yourself to people who care to listen and still maintain a healthy self esteem.

The world is bad and full of negative people but not as bad as people portray it. The amount of good people out there surpass the bad ones.

This is how people keep quiet and die in silence. Their moto is "Don't tell people about yourself"

First surround yourself with good people, and then tell the good people as much as possible. Africans are not wired to live keeping our mouth shut about ourselves or problems

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by marenx: 8:10pm On Mar 03
Sometimes you have to take a risk. Don't be too stingy to that extent. Even strict Jewish people sometimes reveal their personal issues on a large scale. Your autobiography should be rich enough.
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by madjune(m): 8:10pm On Mar 03
The average Nigerian will never mind his or her business.

That's why the British left.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Danboy43: 8:13pm On Mar 03
Everyone is a suspect including your own bloodline.
So be wise

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by maasoap(m): 8:18pm On Mar 03
coputa:

One needs to find a balance. Sharing has advantages and disadvantages. Not sharing at all has advantages and disadvantages.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Davidcorny: 8:18pm On Mar 03
A so-called friend of mine tried to sabotage my dream project just so I wouldn't get there before him. That's even for me that's an introvert oh, now I share even less. Only when I'm celebrating I make a post.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ifinger: 8:18pm On Mar 03
Celestialsword:
A man mustn't tell his wife everything, women are too emotionally wired

I did not say one should disclose all his plan to his wife? Instead If a man should discuss his plan it should be with his wife
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Ahmed0336(m): 8:24pm On Mar 03
ifinger:

I did not say one should disclose all his plan to his wife? Instead If a man should discuss his plan it should be with his wife
Depending on the so called wife.
Simply because you share same bed with your wife doesn't mean she's with you 💯.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by EconomistXplain: 8:25pm On Mar 03
Tell your friend a secret which is a lie, if he keeps it a secret, then tell him the truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ifinger: 8:27pm On Mar 03
Davidcorny:
A so-called friend of mine tried to sabotage my dream project just so I wouldn't get there before him. That's even for me that's an introvert oh, now I share even less. Only when I'm celebrating I make a post.

Lol I can relate , I had a lady in my place of work whom I was dating never new she was a spy to another guy my boss in the office who she was feeding all my plans and moves ! I got to discover late I had to block d baga

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by okooloyun1(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03
Most people care about you when they need you

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ifinger: 8:34pm On Mar 03
Ahmed0336:

Depending on the so called wife.
Simply because you share same bed with your wife doesn't mean she's with you 💯.

In real life all man for himself 🤣 however your wife is closer to you than any other person! That is the rationale

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by ifinger: 8:35pm On Mar 03
okooloyun1:
Most people care about you when they need you

That is a fact that is why u don't inconvinience urself for any Baga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Angy55(f): 8:46pm On Mar 03
bouncin04:
Lagosians are annoyingly too nosey and intrusive, doesn't matter if you share or not , as long as you worked or lived in a place for over a week , they will worm and wriggle their way into your affairs.

I concur...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by owolabi5: 8:47pm On Mar 03
cool
Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by TUANKU(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03
I purposely share wrong information about myself and my plans to others cheesy ...that way if you have bad intentions you end up in rabbit hole grin
I operate on the principle of Zero Trust and if i must share then i share on a need-to-know basis.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Share Less About Yourself With Others by Kendrick80(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03
Don’t know shit
Can’t say shit cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Need To Do Before The Year Ends / Three Things A Feminist Should Avoid (Opinion) / Container-laden Truck Falls Off Ijora Bridge (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.