Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) (40720 Views)

Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours / See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by GenFunction: 10:37am On Mar 04
Dear Future Wife,try sabi hw to slay for kitchen e hear?Boo Boo no fancy eating out like that...Yours truly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by toujurs: 10:39am On Mar 04
It's her type that ask for money alot, Mumu! If it's to ask for money. She will be very good at eating money. grin
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by We4all: 10:39am On Mar 04
Ezendimmuo:

I go just borrow 100mb
come online dey talk nonsense. I get sense so?

Kpele....
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 10:40am On Mar 04
IbrahimSkiba:

Like you do? undecided

Like you have been preparing my meals…

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by sparko1(m): 10:46am On Mar 04
Jewessgratitud3:
A lady is trending online after cooking rubbish for her family claiming she only knows how to cook for herself.

Heres what her family has to say and peoples reaction to what she cooked.

Meanwhile it is very important to start teaching a girl child how to cook quite early in life. By age 9 I've started cooking. As in.. I'll go to the market then obalende market after returning from school o, we would go with a small list and buy soup items, come and still prepare it on my Moms directives. Family food o.

By the time I was ten, I no longer needed assistance. Once you're coming back from school just know you're the one going to the market and because I love food a lot it's me they'll always send to that market if I like to make I knack my head for wall my Mom will tell you when you're done scattering everywhere, the money is behind the table clock waiting for you. Chai! Then I saw it as punishment but today I'm glad for the culinary skills I have.

Your definition of beauty needs revising.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 10:49am On Mar 04
BabbanBura:

No regrets from you i guess? God bless ya mum for doing a great job.

One can learn alot from Just being close to a mother while she does her things in the kitchen. There is no girl I have being with that I haven't taught one or two skills in the kitchen.

The problem nowadays is either the mothers aren't cooking by themselves (a maid does it), or the mothers want the daughters to focus on school work at the age of 8 - 16yrs, and when the girls enter University it is too late to groom them. Another problem is the girls themselves, they don't want to stress themselves, so if you don't have iron lady kinda mother, a lazy girl will turn out to be a bad cook. I also see a family where there is only one girl (Ada) amidst plenty boys, the boys do everything while she behave like a spoilt brat - this one no go sabi cook boiled rice sef
Brother, you must be a very wonderful cook.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Okorocubana(m): 11:00am On Mar 04
One of the reasons Moses Bliss Enter Ghana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 11:10am On Mar 04
Westerhoffe:

Like you have been preparing my meals…

You wish
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Afamed: 11:12am On Mar 04
They have nothing to offer.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Originalsly: 11:15am On Mar 04
What's the problem?.... she been cooking for herself and looks very hale and healthy. We should see what her family members look like. They should just close their eyes and eat.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 11:32am On Mar 04
GenderMix:

@Sharon, there are lots of kids 5yrs, 6yrs+ at that age doing wonders. If you watch food Network, you'll see how these kids display the talents and when you hear their stories, most of them learnt from their parents and grandparents.

@jewessgratitude is absolutely spot on . Kids need to learn early and organically too. This applies to boys and girls. For me , I think it's better to learn the basics from parents or any adult close by before embarking on skills from social media . Nothing can replace traditional methods.
Bless you. Maybe she doesn't watch those kiddies show.

I had to stop at the point she argued that with me

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 11:37am On Mar 04
1Sharon:

Those kids on those shows are not the average white kid, that's why they're on TV.

White parents will typically let their 9 year old bake cakes, cookies, muffins at most. Baking is safe. But cooking for their entire family at unsupervised at 9?! What will the kid even cook? White people usually eat light and simple.

I agree with her aswell. I just don't think a 10 year old needs to cook for her entire family. That's extra. And I still maintain that it's laziness and poverty on the parents part.

Is 13 not early enough?

You reason like someone with special needs. I'm done here
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by GenderMix: 11:48am On Mar 04
1Sharon:

Those kids on those shows are not the average white kid, that's why they're on TV.

White parents will typically let their 9 year old bake cakes, cookies, muffins at most. Baking is safe. But cooking for their entire family at unsupervised at 9?! What will the kid even cook? White people usually eat light and simple.

I agree with her aswell. I just don't think a 10 year old needs to cook for her entire family. That's extra. And I still maintain that it's laziness and poverty on the parents part.

Is 13 not early enough?

lol at the bold
I have a 6 year old girl that is washing dishes and learning how to cook. It has nothing to do with laziness our part as parents but training. She is properly supervised. Sometimes we also send her deliberately on errands to shops close by to get stuffs. These are just soft skills kids need to make them smarter. It has nothing to do with poverty or laziness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Mayoisemj4real(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04
1Sharon:
10 is too early to cook for an entire family, I don't care.

Lot of parents hide laziness and inability to afford their child be a child under the guise of training. Sorry, it's not necessary.

What about the early or mid teens ?

I hope you didn’t mean all you just said

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by BabbanBura(m): 12:11pm On Mar 04
Chukwuka319:

Brother, you must be a very wonderful cook.

Hahahahaha, yes I am Bro. I am very creative that I can just think of the kind of diet i want and then invent something not necessarily an existing delicacy and cook, they always come out nice

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by qtguru(m): 12:32pm On Mar 04
Rubbish, Even me sabi cook, all these Gen-z girls undecided
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by barinedan(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04
If you only know how to cook for yourself then you better don't marry
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 12:53pm On Mar 04
GenderMix:

lol at the bold
I have a 6 year old girl that is washing dishes and learning how to cook. It has nothing to do with laziness our part as parents but training. She is properly supervised. Sometimes we also send her deliberately on errands to shops close by to get stuffs. These are just soft skills kids need to make them smarter. It has pnothing to do with poverty or laziness.

I don't agree with sending kids alone on errands either. Why must she learn how to cook at 6, why not 13?
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 12:55pm On Mar 04
Jewessgratitud3:

I can see you have nothing else to say
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by GenderMix: 1:48pm On Mar 04
1Sharon:

I don't agree with sending kids alone on errands either. Why must she learn how to cook at 6, why not 13?

Not long distant errands. You can actually see the shop from my gate.

For cooking, we feel the earlier she learns , the better. I believe by 8 or 9 she should be good enough to handle basic cooking. It is for her own good. 13 is also good too but better to expose them earlier to cooking
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 1:50pm On Mar 04
1Sharon:

I can see you have nothing else to say

Jewessgratitud3:

women against women grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Juliearth(f): 1:54pm On Mar 04
FunkyAlhaji2015:
I trust Juliearth to deliver anyway. She and good cooking were made for each other

Interesting!
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 1:55pm On Mar 04
GenderMix:

Not long distant errands. You can actually see the shop from my gate.

For cooking, we feel the earlier she learns , the better. I believe by 8 or 9 she should be good enough to handle basic cooking. It is for her own good. 13 is also good too but better to expose them earlier to cooking

Do you intend to make her cook for the entire family?
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Juliearth(f): 1:58pm On Mar 04
Jewessgratitud3:
A lady is trending online after cooking rubbish for her family claiming she only knows how to cook for herself.

Meanwhile it is very important to start teaching a girl child how to cook quite early in life. By age 9 I've started cooking. As in.. I'll go to the market then obalende market after returning from school o, we would go with a small list and buy soup items, come and still prepare it on my Moms directives. Family food o.

By the time I was ten, I no longer needed assistance. Once you're coming back from school just know you're the one going to the market and because I love food a lot it's me they'll always send to that market if I like make I knack my head for wall my Mom will tell you when you're done scattering everywhere, the money is behind the table clock waiting for you. Chai! Then I saw it as punishment but today I'm glad for the culinary skills I have.

This my gender sha! What can you boast of if you cannot pull basic tricks in the kitchen as a woman? Let's just believe this was staged, because....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by TheWinterBird(f): 2:03pm On Mar 04
PaulH07:

Spot on, I remember always cooking rubbish whenever I cooked stew in campus then, and my room mates would mock me.

I could only cook beans, and I luckily got it very right only once, that all my room mate ate of it.

As time went by, I started getting better, until I went through YouTube videos and became a guru.

Right now despite being a male, I can cook very delicious tomato stew, egusi, edikang ikong soup, Ogbono soup, and Ofe 'Nsala, while closing my eyes.

I'm going to perfect Banga during this leave period too.
That's awesome. Keep it up.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 2:10pm On Mar 04
SpartaOfLagos:

Binance don't need you, you need binance

With all una gragra over Twitter ban, how market today?

APC and supporters like making a fool of themselves

DenreleDave:

U r just a boy who need moral lesson..

Even though I don't support the govt Actions as I bliv our politicians are the issue

However it is very illiterate of you to say Nigeria need binance. Only election losers can say this

Men against men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by TheWinterBird(f): 2:10pm On Mar 04
1Sharon:

Yes, my mother didn't show me either but I was curious.

I don't believe there are girls that can't cook, just girls that don't want to.

If you're interested, you'll fine tune your skills.

Right. My mom didn't teach me either. It was just something I started doing for fun in the house and became good at due to creativity and yes, curiosity, so I pretty much taught myself how to cook. I don't believe everyone who knows how to cook was taught by their mom, or went to catering school (or wherever people go to learn), but many are self-taught. I can both cook and bake and taught myself.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by onlinestaff247: 2:20pm On Mar 04
Jewessgratitud3:

By the time I was ten, I no longer needed assistance. Once you're coming back from school just know you're the one going to the market and because I love food a lot it's me they'll always send to that market if I like make I knack my head for wall my Mom will tell you when you're done scattering everywhere, the money is behind the table clock waiting for you. Chai! Then I saw it as punishment but today I'm glad for the culinary skills I have.

Dear Jewessgratitud3,

I sent you my account to put something after that good Samaritan credited you with N80,000 and you just snubbed me.

That's not fair... Assuming that good Samaritan snubbed you as you did to me, how would you feel?

Let's assume I committed suicide, you would be part of the symphatizers typing RIP, whereas you could have helped to avoid it.

Let's learn to be emphatic to others when you have the means.

The world is a stage.
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by frank33(m): 2:22pm On Mar 04
If you are a young lady reading this, please know that you need to learn how to cook for the sake of your children.

Stop rejecting cooking because you feel no man is worth it. Remember your children must eat. 3 times a day o.

Learn cooking today. No excuses
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by GenderMix: 2:26pm On Mar 04
1Sharon:

Do you intend to make her cook for the entire family?

When we observe she can cook unsupervised, she'll definitely cook for the family. AlthoughNot at this tender age. That's the only to assess her
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:27pm On Mar 04
onlinestaff247:

Dear Jewessgratitud3,

I sent you my account to put something after that good Samaritan credited you with N80,000 and you just snubbed me.

That's not fair... Assuming that good Samaritan snubbed you as you did to me, how would you feel?

Let's assume I committed suicide, you would be part of the symphatizers typing RIP, whereas you could have helped to avoid it.

Let's learn to be emphatic to others when you have the means.

The world is a stage.

Do you know how many people I sorted out? So I should share everything so I can answer a good person. I don't have.my own problems to solve with money right?

Abeg no be me do giveaway. easy on me biko cheesy
Re: Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) by folake4u(f): 2:43pm On Mar 04
qtguru:
Rubbish, Even me sabi cook, all these Gen-z girls undecided

What has Gen Z girls done this time?!!! angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Snake Is Here: Python Killed By Hunter, Sold / Mention One Funny Food Combination You Know About / Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.