Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned (1922 Views)

Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section / ZINEDINE ZIDANE Has Resigned As Manager Of Real Madrid Just Days After Winning / IPOB Youths Gave Namdi KANU Resume Or Resigned Ultimatum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Seun(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06
seunmsg:
Seun is my age mate.
Not on the Nairaland Forum.

9 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by seunmsg(m): 5:23pm On Mar 06
Seun:

Rest seun 🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Verbtips(m): 7:11pm On Mar 06
Seun:
pls try and regulate dis tribalic threads na

3 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Spandau: 11:49pm On Mar 06
seunmsg:

Rest seun 🤣🤣🤣

Guy, put brother in front.

2 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by RepoMan007: 12:41am On Mar 07
Was she.suppose to ban people more, hide posts more or fake down weak threads more?
Only Seun knows the meaning of clean up sections.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by birdman(m): 2:56pm On Mar 07
Seun:
When I started Nairaland, I operated it all by myself, but by 2007 I was overwhelmed. Mukina2 swooped in and volunteered to be a super-moderator. She also helped me to recruit section moderators. This enabled us to move forward. Initially, she worked for free, but over time she became a paid supermod. One of the best.

Last month, I gave her a particular instruction which is the most basic instruction you can give a moderator. Clean up ALL the sections you've been assigned to and report to me after EACH one. She steadfastly refused until the month end. She felt that she was doing her job and there was therefore no need for me to tell her what to do.

I insisted that she must choose between resigning and following this particular instruction. She eventually chose to resign, saying "let's go our separate ways". We will miss her a lot. I will miss her a lot. I wish her the best in all her future endeavours. She will do great. She may return if she changes her mind, but the show must go on.

your response shows how much you have grown as well. this was a professional and wise response.

2 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 10:35pm On Mar 07
wonlasewonimi:
Seun, I think you need to resign too for going into silly details like this. You could have just said she left after a minor disagreement.

It is rather childish of him isn't it!

Seun, If I had worked for you since 2007 and you felt you had to give me instruction now, then there's either something wrong with you or there is something wrong with me.

By now, I would expect we'd have been meeting regularly for at least the last 10 years to decide strategy and plan how to grow Nairaland, but the evidence shows that neither will you grow nor would you let grow or you wouldn't have treated Mukina2 like a child.

8 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 10:37pm On Mar 07
joseph1832:
this sounds a whole lot like what happened to Ishilove.

But why tell her to do already what she is doing? Doesn't that make you kinda like someone who doesn't know what to say, buy what to say something for the sake of saying it?

He wants her to bow to him too.

6 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 10:38pm On Mar 07
God1000:
Mr seun, there's no need of telling everybody what happened between you and her which led to her resignation.

At least, out of respect for someone that served you for 17 years, though you acknowledged her, but you could have said it in a more better and respectful way

You are Wise 1000!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by A001: 10:56pm On Mar 07
Oga Seun, I feel someone that worked for you for such a long period deserved to be treated better. Letting her go in such a manner wasn't such a good move.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Thazard(m): 11:02pm On Mar 07
GOFRONT:
Hmmmm........Okafor's Law of Congoelasticity at play
grin grin grin
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by JackBizzle: 7:44am On Mar 08
joseph1832:
this sounds a whole lot like what happened to Ishilove.

But why tell her to do already what she is doing? Doesn't that make you kinda like someone who doesn't know what to say, buy what to say something for the sake of saying it?

Stop bringing your madam into this. Seun and his employee (Mukina) have parted ways- let it end there.

Stop being a simp. You are a grown man. You should be better than this

3 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by JackBizzle: 7:53am On Mar 08
Joseph1832 and Budaatum,

Stop behaving like typical entitled employees. Your boss remains your boss. I have history with Seun. He is a typical no-nonsense person like Elon Musk. They have little time for social and political correctness.

I am not supporting anyone. The simple matter is that you either follow your boss or negotiate SOFTLY with him, or resign. That is how business works.

Seun does not owe any nairalander any explanation. This does not mean that he is right, it only means that it is his discretion or prerogative!

10 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by tranxo(m): 10:34am On Mar 08
If I own a business, the moment I notice that an EMPLOYEE'S behaviour towards work is no longer in line with MY vision for the business, it's time for that employee to leave.

Period.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 12:33pm On Mar 08
JackBizzle:
Joseph1832 and Budaatum,

Stop behaving like typical entitled employees. Your boss remains your boss. I have history with Seun. He is a typical no-nonsense person like Elon Musk. They have little time for social and political correctness.

I am not supporting anyone. The simple matter is that you either follow your boss or negotiate SOFTLY with him, or resign. That is how business works.

Seun does not owe any nairalander any explanation. This does not mean that he is right, it only means that it is his discretion or prerogative!

If Seun has "little time for social and political correctness" then perhaps he should not have given murkina2 an ultimatum to enforce political correctness on his social media forum.

Seun should not have run here to spill his one sided story and defame murkina2. That, is nonsense and childish and very Elon Muskish without the billions. And a good boss should not, so many years later, still need to be instructing and setting ultimatums for their first employee. In a good growing company that person would be a shareholder with interest vested in the company which should have evolved.

3 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by tunde1200(m): 8:09pm On Mar 08
Seun:
When I started Nairaland, I operated it all by myself, but by 2007 I was overwhelmed. Mukina2 swooped in and volunteered to be a super-moderator. She also helped me to recruit section moderators. This enabled us to move forward. Initially, she worked for free, but over time she became a paid supermod. One of the best.

Last month, I gave her a particular instruction which is the most basic instruction you can give a moderator. Clean up ALL the sections you've been assigned to and report to me after EACH one. She steadfastly refused until the month end. She felt that she was doing her job and there was therefore no need for me to tell her what to do.

I insisted that she must choose between resigning and following this particular instruction. She eventually chose to resign, saying "let's go our separate ways". We will miss her a lot. I will miss her a lot. I wish her the best in all her future endeavours. She will do great. She may return if she changes her mind, but the show must go on.

Dear Seun I wrote you and email a few days ago and I never see your reply.
Basic I wrote to you on aviation as an experienced aircraft engineer and an instructor.
If you can start aviation section on nairaland forum I will be available to help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by JackBizzle: 7:12am On Mar 09
budaatum:

If Seun has "little time for social and political correctness" then perhaps he should not have given murkina2 an ultimatum to enforce political correctness on his social media forum.

Seun should not gave run here to spill his one sided story and defame murkina2. That, is nonsense and childish and very Elon Muskish without the billions. And a good boss should not, so many years later, still need to be instructing and setting ultimatums for their first employee. In a good growing companies that person would be a shareholder with interest vested in the company which should have evolved.

Go and start your own company.

Nairaland is still going strong in an era where tech companies are dying.

I am not in the business of telling successful people how to run their business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 7:42am On Mar 09
JackBizzle:

Go and start your own company.
Nairaland is still going strong in an era where tech companies are dying.
I am not in the business of telling successful people how to run their business.

Perhaps you should get into the business of not telling me what I should say or do since you don't know if I'm successful or not.

6 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by tranxo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

Perhaps you should get into the business of not telling me what I should say or do since you don't know if I'm successful or not.
And here you are, a freeloader, telling Seun how to run his business.

3 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 6:50pm On Mar 11
tranxo:

No, I am not telling Seun how to run his business. What I am telling Seun, and what I'm certain he recognises since I have been telling him for a while now, is how to run a forum that I freeload on.

He needs telling or he wouldn't have solicited for it, and if he does not like what I tell him he can very easily ignore or unfollow buda and take your advise instead.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Hannaleeyah(f): 8:48pm On Mar 11
Seun:

Hello Seun, I have a proposed project I would love to discuss with you, so we work on it together. I would want us to have a proper discussion call and implementation call. I hope you see this.
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 9:36pm On Mar 11
tranxo:

Seun, can you see how you have made it possible for tranxo to call me a freeloader?

angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/7602939/subscribe#122256264

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by tranxo(m): 1:50am On Mar 12
budaatum:

No, I am not telling Seun how to run his business. What I am telling Seun, and what I'm certain he recognises since I have been telling him for a while now, is how to run a forum that I freeload on.

He needs telling or he wouldn't have solicited for it, and if he does not like what I tell him he can very easily ignore or unfollow buda and take your advise instead.

Rhetorics.

Same same.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Pristine664: 1:52am On Mar 12
DenreleDave:

Lo grin grin grin grin grin

Nlfpmod no go let we Yoruba people rest from our neighbors in the east

That guy and Fergie001 are strongly Obidients together with one OAMJ like that.

Imagine banning somebody for 5 years because of insults on Obi. grin

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Pristine664: 1:53am On Mar 12
Seun:

So na only Obidients come remain as mods now.

So pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by DenreleDave(m): 2:30am On Mar 12
Pristine664:

That guy and Fergie001 are strongly Obidients together with one OAMJ like that.

Imagine banning somebody for 5 years because of insults on Obi. grin
abeg show me the insult. Let me see

It's nt possible
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by faceland: 8:27am On Mar 16
Normal politics at work.

Why is the front page not getting updated with the same zeal you had when the year started? The low traffic id due to both NEPA and data but that doesn't mean you stop or slow down.
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by faceland: 8:41am On Mar 16
The parable of the talent.

Mukina2 said; I know you are a wicked master reaping were you didn't sow so I kept it as you letf it one month ago.
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by budaatum: 3:38pm On Mar 16
OAM4J's last post was on 29 Feb, when he was last seen here.

Has he been sacked too?

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by nedekid: 9:01am On Mar 24
papyjaypaul:
Did you listen to Mukina2 while she was a mod? If you only listen to yourself, you will run Nairaland by yourself.
Honestly, I think you need to go for training, mentorship and counselling. That's my advice to you.
You are advising a big man?
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by nedekid: 9:07am On Mar 24
budaatum:

He wants her to bow to him too.
There can only be 1 king in one kingdom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wey Crackles? / 25 Interesting Things You Didn’t Know About World War II / 11 Super-easy Ways To Generate Business Ideas In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.