Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section (505 Views)

Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned / Any spy police in the house? Your attention is needed / Nigerian Xbox Gamers Attention Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by davodyguy: 2:24am On Jan 03, 2019
Hello Oluwaseun Osewa. If there's anything one can learn from you as the founder of Nigeria is humility, coupled with gentility. I read an interview you granted many years ago on why you founded Nairaland and people like Mukina2 volunteered to help you.

You had it in mind to bring Nigerians together and provide a platform for people to express themselves within the confinement of the rules, which is why you have over 2 million members that cuta across different countries and continents in the world.

Unfortunately, some of the people you engaged as moderators would help defeat this dream of freedom of expression, especially one out of the two moderators in the Travel Section.

There are two moderators there. While one epitomizes what you stand for, the other exhibit the character of everything wrong with a bad Nigerian. Pride, cockiness, suppression of opposing views, threats and abuse of power and position.

You may wish to sample opinion, and I can assure you that more than half of the adherent commentators at the Travel Section would have terrible things to say about him.

You're a non believer but you've never forced your views on anyone, neither have you deleted posts all because you don't agree with what was posted.

I'll post links below for you to see and be the judge

This thread was created in the Travel Section and not dairy section, which means people are free to comment in a public forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/4927164/lagos-toronto-follow-canadian-hustle

Of course, the author made some bogus claims that sound too good to believe and people began to question his claims, with breaking any rules. Guess what the moderator did, he started deleting people's posts and claim it's a Diary thread. Like seriously? That's abuse of power.

The the moderator's post below

justwise:
@All

Please allow the op to write his dairy without derailing.

Thank you.

See my first response to him

davodyguy:

What's your definition of derailing?

Also if this thread is a diary, I assume Seun Osewa did create a section for that isn't it?

Do comments that express contrary opinion automatically imply derailing? Cos I can see that you hid some comments and left others. Some of the ones you hid are mostly those that expressed contrary opinion, without insult or breaking a single rule. If that's the case, what justification do you have to hide the posts?

In the religion section, Christians create threads about God and atheists freely post to criticize the existence of God. Even Seun Osewa who's an atheist do question people's belief in God, but no moderator deletes seun's posts or that of other atheists. Why do such in Travel section?

Its essential you clarify, by responding with humility as the post suggest

See his response below

justwise:

Its not and i will not waste my time again explaining this to you or anybody else.

The op will update the thread when he wants.

This repose shows highest form of cockiness and power intoxication.
Below is my response to him

davodyguy:

No problem. Its fine, you didn't disappoint with your response.

I would be visiting Auckland in September this year, going by your post above, I would create a thread and if anyone dare to express contrary opinion about my trip, I'll invite you as the MODERATOR to help delete or hide their posts.

Cheers

And he further responded below

justwise:

No i will ignore such invitation so that you have a taste of your own medicine.

Done with you on this

Seun and Mukina2 can't you see bias in the response of a moderator who's supposed to be neutral? See a moderator openly saying what he's doing on a thread, he would not do it on another just to 'punish' a member. Many people criticized the president for making a claim of 97% and 5% during a speech, what's the difference in this act by the moderator?

Below is another observation by another Nairalander who's aware of the moderator's excesses.

Serendipity:

You sound so smug and cocky. I wonder what encourages such air of finality in your posts.
This explains why you keep having undue issues with people.

You aren't the only moderator here.

Some of us have been here for aeons and this is not the first diary on this site.

In fact, one of the best so far was Zubby77's "There and back on time"

People asked questions and sought clarifications.
This is inevitable in such diaries.

If the OP wanted no interjections, he should go to diary section.

Even seun himself wouldn't delete one's comment eith gay abandon like you do.

I reiterate, your attitude doesn't commend itself to me.
Not in the least.

Seun please kindly do something fast. This is becoming unfair. I'm sure before 9:00am Tomorrow, most posts would have been deleted by the moderator.

Please do something. A moderator can not be more power than the owner of the site, but this particular moderator plays 'god' in that section

Thanks and happy New year to you
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by davodyguy: 3:02am On Jan 03, 2019
lacapine
Sunnymimo
Collinsfbi
ghettodreamz
claremont
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 03, 2019
davodyguy:
lacapine
Sunnymimo
Collinsfbi
ghettodreamz
claremont

Na him...we all know....his pride and arrogance is high to the heavens.....dude is knowledgeable about travel matters though....
But his douchbag attitude is just irritating...sometimes if you ask for an urgent info and someone responds he will get angry the person responded to you, instead you should go and read through all the hundreds of page long thread to answer you specific question urself

Oga, i doubt anything will be done, comments are deleted everyday, my comment was still deleted yesterday on another section cos my opinion didn't agree with encouraging masturbationn.....this is Nigeria mehnnn..people who can't take it are travelling out...if you don't like it...open your own website..
Its their site... its their rules
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by amuijiji: 4:18am On Jan 03, 2019
@OP... it's a Her not Him...

You re not the 1st to complain yet noffin. Was done..
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by davodyguy: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2019
amuijiji:
@OP... it's a Her not Him...

You re not the 1st to complain yet noffin. Was done..
It's a she not a he. So much for giving women chance to lead. Mukina2 is a woman too, but her character is way way better than that of Justwise.

I hope Seun can do something about her cockiness, as it's evident that lots of people have issues with her.
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by davodyguy: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Na him...we all know....his pride and arrogance is high to the heavens.....dude is knowledgeable about travel matters though....
But his douchbag attitude is just irritating...sometimes if you ask for an urgent info and someone responds he will get angry the person responded to you, instead you should go and read through all the hundreds of page long thread to answer you specific question urself

Oga, i doubt anything will be done, comments are deleted everyday, my comment was still deleted yesterday on another section cos my opinion didn't agree with encouraging masturbationn.....this is Nigeria mehnnn..people who can't take it are travelling out...if you don't like it...open your own website..
Its their site... its their rules

It's quite unfortunate.

Visit this page and he/she has cleared the posts. I'm sure he would have placed the commentators on a ban not for breaking any rule but for daring to speak the truth

https://www.nairaland.com/4927164/lagos-toronto-follow-canadian-hustle/7

Many of them are warriors on the internet, but goes hiding in the real world
Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by claseek(f): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
I was on that thread too and honestly the derailing was too much. It was hard to enjoy the guy's chronicling of his canadian journey. Over 8 pages filled with people's unnecessary opinions over someone's else experience.
He was talking about his canadian journey and people suddenly turned it to staying in Nigeria vs migrating to canada. And whether or not he is earning what he claimed to be earning.
Comments and questions should have been about the subject of the thread itself, not unnecessary derailing

Not fair to interested readers like us.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section by davodyguy: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Trusthim:

I really dont care who this just wise is.you feels so good deleting comments lts that is your pride i even notice some useless fools sees u as GODFATHER at this age and time.its a shame ...(Its essential you clarify, by responding with humility as the post suggest) otherwise he should back off..u better respect people opinions or you ignore and move on rather than bossing those who you can..respect people so they will to you okay....good radiance to bad rubbish
Your post would soon be deleted.

The girl behaves very childish and it's quite unfortunate that this is what many of them complain about Buhari, that Buhari's 'silencing opposition' whereas she has been given a small group of people to moderate, yet more than half of the people find her irritating.

The owner of this forum is an atheist. He has never deleted any comment or thread promoting God, despite not believing in any deity.

The Supermod is also a Muslim and an arsenal supporter. You will never find her delete posts of Christians and atheists or that of Man United and Chelsea fans on any thread.

Maturity and leadership goes hand in hand. One needs to be matured before being chance to lead

(1) (Reply)

Naus Disassociates Self From Revolutionnow, Urged Gov,t To End Insecurity / Big Snake My Cousin Brother Killed / CLO Writes Open Letter To The Police IG Challenging The Massacre Of 7 Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.