Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. (25355 Views)

Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by alabo1: 1:24pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
I promise to be very brief.
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?

Be a man. Do the needful. There can only be one captain. She who is calling you poor what has she brought to the table. Simps every. I tire
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by ggood: 1:32pm On Mar 04
Franzinni:
Oga don't buy any curtain, use bed sheet for now, and don't buy any tank, keep fetching water... Now use whatever money you can save to invest in learning a modern skill that is computer and tech related... That teaching job is a self appointed limit on your potential, remember that your identity dictated your life... A gate man and his oga are not different if not for their mindset and it's limits

I was in your shoes and for 10 years I was constantly being reminded of my shortcomings as the head of the family but I kept going back to John the Baptist and Jesus, they had to go through the wilderness... You are in the wilderness but you have to have a plan that will turn out in your favour in the end. Invest in knowledge, computer-based knowledge, your wife is doing exactly what she is supposed to do... You will have to take the pain and use it to propel yourself... Remember, computer related modern wealth generation skill. Let the pain COUNT!
please list those tech courses for me
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Maysdevices(f): 1:37pm On Mar 04
junketer:
you make sense. That guy is a simp. The wife sef go add the gp tank for the insult say na people dey buy tank for am. Why can't men be men?
As a woman I feel very angry because I know exactly what that woman thinks of him, yet she’s jobless

When I was in school I used to listen to 21year old girls brag that they will slap their boyfriend if they catch him cheating or if he doesn’t send them money but will sleep with all the yahoo boys in school while mature men in Lagos hustle and train them

Make men continue to dey disturb themselves, y’all don’t know how special and too sexy you are when you act like what you were created to be. A MAN, YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Maysdevices(f): 1:42pm On Mar 04
Franzinni:
Oga don't buy any curtain, use bed sheet for now, and don't buy any tank, keep fetching water... Now use whatever money you can save to invest in learning a modern skill that is computer and tech related... That teaching job is a self appointed limit on your potential, remember that your identity dictated your life... A gate man and his oga are not different if not for their mindset and it's limits

I was in your shoes and for 10 years I was constantly being reminded of my shortcomings as the head of the family but I kept going back to John the Baptist and Jesus, they had to go through the wilderness... You are in the wilderness but you have to have a plan that will turn out in your favour in the end. Invest in knowledge, computer-based knowledge, your wife is doing exactly what she is supposed to do... You will have to take the pain and use it to propel yourself... Remember, computer related modern wealth generation skill. Let the pain COUNT!
Shes not doing what she’s supposed to do, she is a helpmeet not a spawn of the devil

Men don’t have to use pain to propel themselves all the time. If he has a woman who knows how to be a woman, he will live in bliss whether he has or not.

She doesn’t love her husband abeg
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Crossbow(m): 1:46pm On Mar 04
blackpanthar:
I commend your courage sir, to remain with that woman, talk more of being faithful or patient is really a herculean task.
Now to the main matter...
YOU WERE ACTUALLY POOR....(Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly) in your past but this year EVERYTHING WILL TURN UP FOR YOU.

Do not blame her sir, blame yourself for not understanding the COMMITMENT DEMANDS of marriage before jumping into it.
I wouldn't want to go deep into how this our generation has EXALTED MARRIAGE beyond limits.... it feels like singleness is a disease yet the truly married ones do not publicize the HEAVY WORK involved.
Before marrying, read books, go to conferences and ask questions... you will discover THERE IS NO HONEY WITHOUT MONEY.

Now let me give my 50cent solutions/ideas (asides what other great minds in this forum will offer)

1) Move out of that house... send her to stay with your parents for a while and then you can go manage with a friend. THEN SUBLET THE 3 BEDROOM(you will get enough money for a tank and more)

2) buy more drums

3) buy 25k POS and give her to start work........ so she will know how hard it is to make money and begin to appreciate you

4) learn how to drive, then offer UBER SERVICES to people who own cars... YOU WILL BE DRIVING FOR THEM AND PAYING THEM 25K OR 30K WEEKLY WHILE THE REST IS YOURS. (this is more better than the meagre salary you earn)

5) Learn how to use the computer well and learn skills like DATA ANOTATION, DATA ANALYSIS and I can help you with a REMOTE JOB.

6) LEARN WEB DESIGN and GRAPHICS and inform people of your skills by word of mouth and you will get jobs/contracts

7) GO TO GOOGLE and type cysed jobs you can apply if you are in the selected states and get a higher paying job with more recognition.

I hope this helps you bro... keep pushing... you will own houses one day. Stay Inspired.

My leader Sir, can you mentor me, I am not married but I am the first son.. This data annotation, is it something you can teach me or guide me?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by YemyTemmy: 2:07pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?

Get a skill and leave that yeye teaching job.... I was in your shoes before, i didnt wait to be insulted before i left the job, and things started improving, now i earn even better than bank managers
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Franzinni: 2:11pm On Mar 04
Maysdevices:
Shes not doing what she’s supposed to do, she is a helpmeet not a spawn of the devil

Men don’t have to use pain to propel themselves all the time. If he has a woman who knows how to be a woman, he will live in bliss whether he has or not.

She doesn’t love her husband abeg

see let me tell you for free... There is NO woman that will willingly stay with a sinking ship... Women are wired to survive so what she is doing is instinctive. If he betters himself, he would become valuable to her and it would kindle something that made him pick her to start with and if it doesn't, at least he would be valuable to women who appreciate good taste in men. It's a win win... And the pain is one of the greatest propellant there is hardly any great name that was not built on the back of pain.... So if you have pain, use it as fertilizer to grow..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by OnknownSoldier: 2:11pm On Mar 04
immortalcrown:
Romantic headache is what I see here until further notice.

I can't blame your wife because I don't know the hope you gave her when you asked for her hand in marriage. Maybe you promised her heaven and earth to make her say yes. Maybe you didn't make promises and didn't plan to marry now but you got her pregnant and had to quickly marry her. Until I hear from her or you tell us how the marriage started, I will not blame her.

I usually try to know how a marriage started before I try to settle a dispute in the marriage. If you don't know the cause of an illness, you can't excellently treat the illness. Endure the insult. Keep enduring until you have money to reduce the insult.

I am trying so hard not to call you a FOOL!

“Keep enduring until you have money to reduce the insult”

Maybe you are the type that insult doesn't mean anything to. What an inconsiderate and idiotic comment you made!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Franzinni: 2:24pm On Mar 04
ggood:
please list those tech courses for me
we have media like

Graphics design
Editing
Cinematography
Videography
Content creator (a must for every human being, it is a good reference and indicator of progress )
Filmmaker
Story board artist
Gaffer
Directing
Vfx
Sound design
Foley
2d animation
3d animation
And the list goes on...

Now for tech I would

Learn programming with python
And why I say python is because it is in virtually all systems like banking, defense, computing, robotics, surveillance you name it.... in the world in one way I the other which gives you the ability to be very versatile with your skill set...

It's not going to be easy but if you can pull it off, you would one day look down from your lofty height and be glad you are not that guy down there anymore... To greater height... And God speed!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by sync(f): 2:26pm On Mar 04
You don’t even have curtains in the house?
I reserve my comment
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by gerizzim: 2:35pm On Mar 04
the issue here lies more on the man Dan the woman.

Beyond the angle of finance(providing) there are oda attributes the man lacks.

every marid man has passed Tru and some men are presently passing Tru the heat wit dia wife. Everyman wit his own form of heat/headache his wife is giving him but wat makes the difference is the way the man responds to the shenanigan of his wife.

The intention of your wife's statement determines how u respond to her nagging. Is her intention/request genuine? She told you dt you are poor nd wretched because you cnt buy her a fone.
Most women throw tantrums nd insults at d husbnd just because they wnt to talk carelessly as som of dem do just to broke shame you to do somtin abt their request . in a way, dia antics cn somehow push you to bring out the solution frm you and if u are nt strong enough,na smth silly dia pressure go push u to to do.
It is their usual antics and if you are not strong psychologically as a man, you go wan react out of anger nd hit her.
my frnd in dis story, you are not psychologically strong.seems the woman is psychologically stronger Dan you. Work on urself . You are weak in dt area.

reduce the amount u send to ur siblings or u pause it for somtym and use the money to attend to ur needs of ur own family. Now dt u are marid, ur family needs comes first before your siblings. weNeva they call u , let dem know dt you don't have for now, dt u wnt to use the money with you to get some items for ur family.

You said you dnt know wat to do or wer to go to. Do u want to run away from your home?to say it the way it is, you have a weak self esteem.

Work on urself. most of us Neva had a mentor before we got marid. We learn frm books. dou we haven't arrived yet. We are still learning frm seminar, experience from odas ahead of us in marriage,self development books. you cnt give wat you DNT have. Wat you DNT have is knowledge. get it

Anoda area you are lagging is dat you are not been assertive enough as the head of the home. you said you always go to the oda compound to fetch water and because of dt your wife keeps insulting you. Mister husband man, you are not acting like the head of dt home. You are talking like a teenager. Is the woman incapacitated dt you cn not ask her to go get water for the huz abi shey she do operation wen put her for wheel chair or she dey bedridden? atlist let the fetching of water be shared btw you nd her not you carrying keg or bucket of water on d street like a teenager all d tym.

A man needs to talk like a man irrespective of how much you earn. wat if to say you no dey wrk? Dt means the woman for dey injure u back to back with house chores.

You said ur wife told you dt she regrets marrying you. You also said she has been dragging you dt u must buy water tank in d huz. I may be wrong but it seems it is the woman in dt house that is calling the shot. Oga sir, I know u DNT have tv in dt huz as u said .
my advice for you is dis;weNeva u visit ur frnds dt have gotv or dstv, tell him dt u wud like to watch natgeo wild or any Oda station dt shows wildlife particularly clips on how lion act in the midst of oda smaller lions. A lion is bold, fearless and assertive. You will learn alot frm it. am not saying you shud go beat up ur wife u claim you love.

Make I drop pen for here . Dou I get plenty to say
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Emmacy001: 2:39pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

Sorry oh
But what does your wife do?
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Eddie2024: 2:42pm On Mar 04
Dyfynezz12:

Sapa brings out the worst in humans esp women, if u dnt have money for the basic stay away from them.
Ordinary girlfriend self dey show broke guy shege let alone wifey
even rich people too get bad character, even with all the money they stil get divorce, with or without money there are people with very terrible characters that you can't live with
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Rinoxy: 2:52pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
seems like u married liability woman.
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!
Oga try n change the narrative. No be thing of pride make woman dey take responsibility inside marriage. Good afternoon.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by MrDoGood(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

In all, I see you're married to a liability. She should get herself a job and do some things for herself.
As for the geepee tank, you must not buy a new one. Get a fairly used one and it will save the pumping machine too. Too much pumping will breakdown that machine and that's another stress.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by AllahOfBlood: 3:00pm On Mar 04
IamAtAnger:
So if u dey give this kind advice... na who go dey teach ur children for school?... sometimes it baffles me how people reason... fine he cud look for how to earn passive income not you tell him to juz quit his job as a teacher that's modern slavery
my dear brother, i am not condemning teaching job i meant teaching in private schools .
they are not paying well
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04
Eddie2024:
even rich people too get bad character, even with all the money they stil get divorce, with or without money there are people with very terrible characters that you can't live with
Give that young man money and watch 80% of his marial issues get solved

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Lastpharoah33: 3:06pm On Mar 04
blackpanthar:

You just earned a follower
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Mar 04
Starboytwo:
No born pass 2 abeg. Unless you want shege Promax. Your parents born plenty children and the money you suppose use dey take care of your wife na him you dey send to your siblings. Your wife must complain. No TV, no money, no GP tank, and you say make she nor complain. Remember sir, no born plenty children unless na Promax shege you seek. May God help you. No condition is permanent.
2 Ke? He can't even afford curtain and you dey ask am to born? How can you be so heartless? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by uvie66: 3:17pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

.... You self, why did you rush to marry when you know you are financially unstable. Ordinary Geepee tank you can't bu
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by akube34: 3:23pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

did you see these signs before getting married to her? What does she do? Do you guys have kids yet? Please answer then I would know how to advise
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Blackdisciple(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04
Hmmm
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by akube34: 3:39pm On Mar 04
Starboytwo:
No born pass 2 abeg.

Unless you want shege Promax.

Your parents born plenty children and the money you suppose use dey take care of your wife na him you dey send to your siblings.

Your wife must complain. No TV, no money, no GP tank, and you say make she nor complain.

Remember sir, no born plenty children unless na Promax shege you seek.

May God help you. No condition is permanent.
2 ke? Make him no even try to born for now. Later him fit born 1
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Eriokanmi: 3:42pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

Sadly, you won't get good responses here. You should have consulted an elder instead. A large percentage of members here are kids.

By the way, what's your discipline?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by ghettochild(m): 3:50pm On Mar 04
you married a liability n yet she still says u aren't man enough...
tell her to go find a job..
or better still send her to her parents as am sure u never pay dowry.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Megabig: 3:53pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

You have to be unwell to look around and marry an insulting jobless woman, hope you know the insult is not just because of GP tank and phone? It’s a marriage and other things will come up, you are stuck for now, if you can’t get her lazy azz to do something to support, you should let her go, make una wake up
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by kechebel: 4:01pm On Mar 04

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Eddie2024: 4:01pm On Mar 04
Dyfynezz12:

Give that young man money and watch 80% of his marial issues get solved
everyone needs money, doesn't mean we should treat people badly.... She knew what she was getting into, abi did he force her to marry him
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Basseybruce: 4:05pm On Mar 04
I'm speechless.... Honestly. Chaiiiii
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Caaz: 4:14pm On Mar 04
Eddie2024:
everyone needs money, doesn't mean we should treat people badly.... She knew what she was getting into, abi did he force her to marry him
I blamed the man....
I m a lady,but truth be told,I strongly kick against a woman not doing anything,not bringing anything to the table.

I wonder how most women feels comfortable being idle and jobless.

There's this joy I get when making my money....I really do not know how to depend on anybody.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by blackpanthar: 4:15pm On Mar 04
PhilipReigns:

You are typing nonsence, there's no worst advice on this forum that these ones you drafted out. To think that your opening statement seem intelligent, but u see those numbers from one to the last number are completely out of point.

Learning how to drive, master it for commercial purpose when he doesn't have a personal car or predriving experience. Data coding learning and the likes will take nothing less than 3 years on the average. So how will a married man provide for his household all those years? You are even suggesting the wive moves to husband's parent house, SMH.

Abeg na pls Before opening your MOUTH, pls consult your brain. If you don't know how to HUSTLE, PLS BE QUIET.
IF there is a will, there will always be a way. YOU DIDNT OFFER SOLUTIONS, you just came to attack the ones I gave

I learned to drive with someone else's car at two different times and I didnt have a bicycle, I had a vision to learn how to drive before my next birthday.
Marriage/old age doesn't slow down learning... it is only a lazy mindset that does.

I MASTERED SQL DATABASE LANGUAGE IN 21 DAYS.... Other programming languages took me less than a month as a poly student and a bricklayer.

YOU MAY BE SLOW, because you are not driven. If you read my text well, I was going to offer him a remote job to earn in dollars and work weekly. You just come here to type rubbish without thinking it through.

TECH DOESN'T TAKE YEARS.... its months or even weeks, based on your hunger and determination.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Caaz: 4:16pm On Mar 04
The woman should go make herself productive abeg.

I blame the man Sha for marrying a liability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.