Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria (2164 Views)

Hunger In The Land ,another Food Warehouse Looted In Abuja / Hardship: Victims Of Tinubu’s Economic Policy Loot Another Food Truck In Abuja / Sanwo-Olu Visits Mall Looted By Nigerians Over Xenophobic Attacks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04
Jakumo:
This type of mob looting of vehicles is a completely new development in Nigeria, a nation where petty thieves are typically beaten to death and set aflame. The social consciousness that deters average Nigerians from participating in theft, has in the past few weeks begun to erode to the extent that thievery and looting by swarming mobs are coming to be regarded as normal ways to "make a living" on the mean streets of Nigeria.

The natural progression that typically ensues when hunger-crazed swarms of people completely lose their fear of punitive mob lynching and unhesitatingly engage in theft out of pure survival instinct, is likely to play out in the form of a military coup organized by mid-level officers who could at any moment regard the unfolding hunger-induced anarchy spreading in Nigeria, as their cue to make a bid for the national treasury by seizing power in a coup that may or may not be bloody.

Relax. There won't be any coup. The planning will leak even at the conceiving stage. I trust my Igbo military men to not get involved in that nonsense.

Nigeria will reset itself in due course. The West will recolonize Black Africa. We are beyond redemption.
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by ahmedio2017(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04
Jakumo:

I share your opinion that the absolute worst thing that could ever befall ANY nation is a military takeover of federal power because once that happens, accountability goes out the window along with the constitution, allowing the military power usurpers to loot the treasury under the pretext of restoring sanity and stability to governance while brutally repressing any signs of dissent from the restless population by force of arms.

That said, all the prerequisites and precursors of a military coup are currently falling into place for Nigeria as the growing hunger of the populace leads to increasingly reckless acts of desperation by stampeding hunger-crazed people in the street. Prudent changes of policy MUST be taken by any government whose population is tending towards anarchy because widespread civil disorder is the PRIMARY state of affairs that leads to coup plotting in military barracks.

You don't know what you are saying oga.
In this your ye.ye democracy where is accountability now?

Where is your freedom of expression now?
Your protest what has it yielded ?

Your constitution is bias, and one sided, no rule of law. Some believed they are above the law...

See let me tell you military is far better than civilian government. I'm a political scientist I know better okay?.

Military is the best system most especially for Africa and developing nations, we have both internal and external problems, the west are still controlling us we need rigid and autocracy to actually checkmate the west.

They are fooling us that the worst civilian is better than military na lie ooooo...

Once the military head of state is good and have fear of God just forget it we will enjoy but if he's greedy then will bound to suffer.

But in civilian reverse is the case, no matter how holy you are you cannot not achieve a dime in civilian do u know why it is because of the system, it is channel on fraud....

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Greystone: 6:16pm On Mar 04
EreluRoz:
Sad

Very sad.
Desperation and hunger
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Starboytwo(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04
Truck drivers need to move with guns now.
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by IBB007: 6:36pm On Mar 04
Lol…I see what these abokis are trying to do…they want complete breakdown of law and order
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by erioluwa869: 7:56pm On Mar 04
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Chikpat(m): 8:23pm On Mar 04
Must an incompetent man continue to be the president?
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Anguldi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 04
marenx:
Last week on channels TV, someone advised Tinubu to speak to Nigerians regularly on why the country is in this mess and what his administration is doing to reduce hardship so that the less educated poor Nigerians will understand it's not his fault. But Tinubu is just going round the world as far as visiting Qatar recently. He forgot the bloody revolution that almost took place during endsars protest. These greedy and selfish, nepotic political leaders think they can predict what poor Nigerians can do. They have to be very careful this time.
Praise singers are getting to his head. E go shock am
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Arielle: 8:26pm On Mar 04
oglalasioux:

Relax. There won't be any coup. The planning will leak even at the conceiving stage. I trust my Igbo military men to not get involved in that nonsense.

Nigeria will reset itself in due course. The West will recolonize Black Africa. We are beyond redemption.

And black africans will fall even lower in the world totem pole. We are the cause of our own problems.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by Sparrk007(m): 9:42pm On Mar 04
Good one cool man must wakk grin grin
Re: Yet Another Food Truck Looted By Mobs In Abuja Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 04
oglalasioux:

West is not going to recolonize Africa.

Running a colony costs a lot of money. That is why at independence, most colonies were underdeveloped in large parts. Even Nigeria self.

Most western countries struggle to get enough money to keep things up, plus their population is declining. They won't come and colonize Africa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awo, Best Leader To Ever Emerge - Nigerians / Is Nigeria Really A Failed State? See These Pics / Five Hairstyles Barack Obama Should Not Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.