Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

"Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna (49678 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Struggles To Prevent Husband From Eating Mistress' Concoctions / Betty Akeredolu Chased Out Of APC Secretariat In Imo / Rape: Betty Akeredolu Trains Girls On Taekwondo For Self Defence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Judolisco(m): 1:28am On Mar 05
yewit37486:

But that is the same man, Lucky, who is now the governor, and whose side the niece has switched to.
I think d current governor had issues with akeredolu's men, not akeredolu himself... I'm sure d man knew he was going to die... And na politics, a successor different from d current governor was probably waiting.....

I'll give u 2 case studies, Jonathan, when yaradua was sick... If u remember, yaradua inner caucus, didn't want to hand over to Jonathan.... Was Jonathan and yaradua fighting... No

D second one is recent, buhari and osinbajo, buhari handed over to osinbajo when he was sick, osinbajo started firing people up and down especially buhari's men.... Osinbajo started getting claps from Nigerians.... That was d last time buhari handed over to him... Femi adesina and others came up with Buhari can rule from anywhere that he is tech sarvy..... Was buhari and osinbajo fighting... No

I blame akeredolu's inner caucus or kitchen cabinet they should have treated dis current governor with respect, they even asked him to sign an undated resignation letter before handing over power to him.... Haba

2 Likes

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Dsimmer: 1:45am On Mar 05
Ofunaofu:

Seunmsg, Your bigotry is second to none

The irony.

Those who chased out Ojukwu's wife because she wasn't from the said state when she tried contesting in one of the southeast states were what? That should be what you should be talking about. Or how Betty was flogged when she went to the southeast to contest for a senatorial seat. That should be the bigotry you should be talking about.

What did you think would have happened if a Yoruba woman was the one fighting while dictating the political affairs in the southeast? Heck, Betty is Igbo yet was flogged when she tried stepping into the southeast Igbo politics. Now imagine if she was a Yoruba woman doing such in the southeast politics? It would be worse. Whereas the Yoruba had no problem while she had been doing such in the southwest. She's only being told that Aiyedatiwa wasn't responsible for her husband's death! Her husband died of cancer. Condolences to her but She could have also prioritized her husband's health by ensuring he had some good rest to recover before returning back to office , instead of pushing him on despite him being visibly sick and needed some good rest.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 2:19am On Mar 05
seunmsg:
Dear Betty,

Your husband is dead and your link to Ondo state politics is over. If you are still interested in politics, go back to Imo state and hustle with your people. Leave Ondo state politics alone for the people of Ondo state. You had your time and it's over. This is Lucky's time. Let the governor of Ondo state be.

YEAH, GO BACK TO IMO STATE AND ALL THAT DUMB SHIT, FROM YOUR DUMB ASS.

I GET TIRED READING YOUR POST ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY FULL OF BS AND YOU JUST CANT BRING YOURSELF TO STATE AWAY FROM IGBO AFFAIRS TOO.

SURELY, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME, WHY NOT FOCUS ON YOURSELF, FAMILY AND STATE.

ARE YOU FROM ONDO STATE? IS YOUR FAMILY FROM ONDO STATE? WAITIN CARRY YOU ENTER ONDO STATE.

BETTY HAS NO BUSINESS IN IMO STATE, SHE IS MARRIED WITH KIDS IN ONDO AND ANY POLITICAL OFFICE SHE IS AFTER, WILL BE THEIR IN ONDO, PROVIDED ONDO PEOPLE VOTE FOR HER.

BACKWARD NEVER, FORWARD EVER.

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 2:23am On Mar 05
A MARRIED WOMAN, SHARES ALL THE RIGHTS WITH HER HUSBAND.

EVERY SINGLE RIGHT THAT HER HUSBAND HAS, SHE SHARES WITH HIM BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE BODY.

IF THEY ARE DIVORCED, THEN YOU CAN ASK HER TO RETURN TO HER IMO STATE, THAT IS ACCEPTABLE.

ALL THIS UPSIDE DOWN POLITICS YOU PLAY IN NIGERIA, IS BECAUSE REASONABLE MEN HAVE LEFT THE SPACE FOR TOUT, THIEF AND HOOLIGAN TO RUNDOWN NIGERIA.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 2:28am On Mar 05
U WAKE UP ONE DAY TO ASK SOMEBODY MOTHER TO RETURN TO IMO STATE.

WILL YOU ALSO ASK AKEREDOLU SON TO GO TO IMO STATE?

I MEAN WHAT NONSENSE AND THEY DO IT SO BRAZENLY, IMAGINE THE AUDACITY?

IF MARRIED BETTY COME TO CONTEST POLITICAL OFFICE IN IMO STATE, WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER.

SHE WOULD HAVE TO DIVORCE HER HUSBAND FIRST, IN OTHER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OUR VOTE.

YOU DONT PACK YOUR BAG OUT OF YOUR FATHER HOUSE, ONLY TO MOVE BACK IN TO ANSWER CHAIRLADY OF THE WOMENS MEETING.

IGBO PEOPLE ARE FAR TOO CIVILISED FOR THAT NONSENSE.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Ofunaofu: 3:40am On Mar 05
Dsimmer:

The irony.

Those who chased out Ojukwu's wife when she tried contesting in one of the southeast states were what? That should be what you should be talking about. Or how Betty was flogged when she went to her own state in the southeast to contest for a senatorial seat. That should be the bigotry you should be talking about.

What did you think would have happened if a Yoruba woman was the one fighting while dictating the political affairs in the southeast? Heck, Betty is Igbo yet was flogged when she tried stepping into the southeast Igbo politics. Now imagine if she was a Yoruba woman doing such in the southeast politics? It would be worse. Whereas the Yoruba had no problem while she had been doing such in the southwest. She's only being told that Aiyedatiwa wasn't responsible for her husband's death! Her husband died of cancer. In fact, She could have also prioritized her husband's health by ensuring he had some good rest to recover before returning back to office , instead of pushing him on despite him being visibly sick and needed some good rest.

Your bigotry is second to none
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Konquest: 3:47am On Mar 05
seunmsg:
Dear Betty,

Your husband is dead and your link to Ondo state politics is over. If you are still interested in politics, go back to Imo state and hustle with your people. Leave Ondo state politics alone for the people of Ondo state. You had your time and it's over. This is Lucky's time. Let the governor of Ondo state be.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Konquest: 3:53am On Mar 05
fergie001:

Behold the face of Aketi's niece, Funke Akeredolu Aruna, the former deputy chief protocol to Aketi, shamelessly parades as "I'M LUCKY ". Bloody serpent 🐍! Time will tell if she is truly lucky!

SOURCE
That IG post is highly irresponsible. It doesn't speak well of the 70-year-old Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu. She potrays herself to the public as a trouble maker and a paranoid woman. Such a wrong choice of words (bloody serpent) she used in that online post. She has to take a break from all these delusional posts online, see a professional mental health therapist and count her blessings for being a model cancer survivor for many years now!

Her late spouse's niece has the right to serve in the highly eloquent Lucky Aiyedatiwa's goverment in Ondo State. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by seunmsg(m): 4:01am On Mar 05
wiseoneking:
She’s gonna take her Igbo sons and daughters back to owerri then.

They can follow her to anywhere if they wish. That’s their choice to make.

5 Likes

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Rolings: 4:01am On Mar 05
DJMix2025:
If you don’t know what’s going on lemme explain

Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, the widow of the late Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, criticized her late husband's niece, Funke Akeredolu Aruna, for supporting the current governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, ahead of the November governorship election in the state. Betty referred to Funke as a "bloody serpent" for her actions. This public rebuke was made through Betty's Instagram account, where she shared a photo of Funke wearing a cap with the inscription "I am lucky." The conflict stems from internal issues between Akeredolu and Aiyedatiwa before the former's death, leading to attempts to impeach Aiyedatiwa. Betty's strong words have sparked controversy on social media, with some criticizing her for engaging in a public dispute instead of mourning her husband. Pls support my small blog it’s all dj mix - www Naijadjmixtape com

Weldone o
Summarizer
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by yewit37486: 8:19am On Mar 05
Judolisco:
I think d current governor had issues with akeredolu's men, not akeredolu himself... I'm sure d man knew he was going to die... And na politics, a successor different from d current governor was probably waiting.....

I'll give u 2 case studies, Jonathan, when yaradua was sick... If u remember, yaradua inner caucus, didn't want to hand over to Jonathan.... Was Jonathan and yaradua fighting... No

D second one is recent, buhari and osinbajo, buhari handed over to osinbajo when he was sick, osinbajo started firing people up and down especially buhari's men.... Osinbajo started getting claps from Nigerians.... That was d last time buhari handed over to him... Femi adesina and others came up with Buhari can rule from anywhere that he is tech sarvy..... Was buhari and osinbajo fighting... No

I blame akeredolu's inner caucus or kitchen cabinet they should have treated dis current governor with respect, they even asked him to sign an undated resignation letter before handing over power to him.... Haba

Thanks for taking time to explain, and for being civil. I understand your point, for me I just didn't like the fact that the niece switched sides so quickly, it doesn't show loyalty coming from a family member, but I guess that is life, people only value a person when they are still here, after that anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 8:21am On Mar 05
seunmsg:

They can follow her to anywhere if they wish. That’s their choice to make.

THEY CANNOT FOLLOW HER TO ANYWHERE.

SHE HERSELF CANNOT GO ANYWHERE.

THEY ARE ONDO PEOPLE.

GO AND FACE YOUR STATE OF ORIGIN, STUPID EGBA MAN

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:13am On Mar 05
fergie001:

SOURCE

Aketi did a great job by curtailing and managing this woman's mental disorder. His death exposed that she is an escapee of Yaba left

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by engrchykae(m): 9:33am On Mar 05
seunmsg:
Dear Betty,

you sound more pained that Betty.

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by vatiqan(m): 11:28am On Mar 05
seunmsg:
Dear Betty,

I just wonder how your life has been like. Pessimist, sadist, egocentric, just name them; I see all these attributes in you!

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by MSGAMBLE9: 1:37pm On Mar 05
Peacefulguy90:
.....Where you there or was it on video....... people can actually say anything they want just to gain favour......I pity you people that believes everything on social media
You guys are savages capable of unfathomable practices..

Yeye dey smell!!!
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by MSGAMBLE9: 1:43pm On Mar 05
Ofunaofu:

Why tell her to go to Imo state.

If she is Yoruba, will he say the same.

Birds of the same feather

Well she is not an Omoluabi... come to think of it how did your people treated one of their own in Bianca Ojukwu when she decided to contest for political office in her husband state.

Bunch of Savages!!!

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 5:30pm On Mar 05
MSGAMBLE9:
Well she is not an Omoluabi... come to think of it how did your people treated one of their own in Bianca Ojukwu when she decided to contest for political office in her husband state.

Bunch of Savages!!!

BIANCA OJUKWU DID NOT HAVE OBIANO BACKING, NOTHING ELSE.

IF IT WAS OBI, SHE WOULD HAVE GOT THE NOMINATION.

IT IS PURE APGA INTERNAL POLITICS NOTHING ELSE.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by MSGAMBLE9: 5:59pm On Mar 05
hammerF:

BIANCA OJUKWU DID NOT HAVE OBIANO BACKING, NOTHING ELSE.

IF IT WAS OBI, SHE WOULD HAVE GOT THE NOMINATION.

IT IS PURE APGA INTERNAL POLITICS NOTHING ELSE.
Leave Obiano out of this, they ( the Elders) simply told her to return to her home state of Enugu to seek senatorial in her Papa state... all bcoz she is not an Anambra indigene and that is una sister wey suffer premium Discrimination.

Na Obiano too flogged Betty for her Papa land when she wanted to exercise her Civic right in her state of Origin? Abeg

https://www.nairaland.com/7150047/betty-akeredolu-chased-out-apc

You people and una Selective hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 6:22pm On Mar 05
MSGAMBLE9:
Leave Obiano out of this, they ( the Elders) simply told her to return to her home state of Enugu to seek senatorial in her Papa state... all bcoz she is not an Anambra indigene and that is una sister wey suffer premium Discrimination.

Na Obiano too flogged Betty for her Papa land when she wanted to exercise her Civic right in her state of Origin? Abeg

https://www.nairaland.com/7150047/betty-akeredolu-chased-out-apc

You people and una Selective hypocrisy!

HER PAPA STATE IS ANAMBRA.

HE WAS THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE.

I ASSURE YOU, NOBODY TOLD HER THAT AND SHE IS QUALIFIED TO RUN FOR ANY OFFICE IN AANAMBRA, INCLUDING GOVERNOR.

SHE MUST FIRST OVERCOME PARTY POLITICS BARRIER AND THE PREJUDICE AGAINST WOMEN OCCUPYING POLITICAL OFFICE.

THESE ARE THE CHALLENGES SHE FACE.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by MSGAMBLE9: 7:01pm On Mar 05
hammerF:

HER PAPA STATE IS ANAMBRA.

HE WAS THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE.

I ASSURE YOU, NOBODY TOLD HER THAT AND SHE IS QUALIFIED TO RUN FOR ANY OFFICE IN AANAMBRA, INCLUDING GOVERNOR.

SHE MUST FIRST OVERCOME PARTY POLITICS BARRIER AND THE PREJUDICE AGAINST WOMEN OCCUPYING POLITICAL OFFICE.

THESE ARE THE CHALLENGES SHE FACE.
Well her in-laws says she is from Ngwo in Enugu... they clearly stated it that she is a non-indigene so not fit for Senatorial seat even though she gives them healthy Sons and Daughters....

https://dailypost.ng/2018/09/05/2019-bianca-not-anambra-cant-senator-ojukwus-family-vow/

Just imagine how Discriminatory, Disgusting and Disrespectful her in-laws are towards her ( a woman who gives una sons)... maybe that is the reason many Igbo women with exposure outside of una region avoid una brothers like a plague....

Yeye dey smell!!!
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Judolisco(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05
yewit37486:

Thanks for taking time to explain, and for being civil. I understand your point, for me I just didn't like the fact that the niece switched sides so quickly, it doesn't show loyalty coming from a family member, but I guess that is life, people only value a person when they are still here, after that anything can happen.
Akeredolu's wife is yet to tell us aiyedatiwa's offence...akeredolu when he was healthy was not fighting with his deputy, so I see no reason why his niece should not support d man
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by yewit37486: 7:48pm On Mar 05
Judolisco:
Akeredolu's wife is yet to tell us aiyedatiwa's offence...akeredolu when he was healthy was not fighting with his deputy, so I see no reason why his niece should not support d man

Well, that's where I disagree. Disloyalty is disloyalty however we try to slice and dice it.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by hammerF: 9:12pm On Mar 05
MSGAMBLE9:
Well her in-laws says she is from Ngwo in Enugu... they clearly stated it that she is a non-indigene so not fit for Senatorial seat even though she gives them healthy Sons and Daughters....

https://dailypost.ng/2018/09/05/2019-bianca-not-anambra-cant-senator-ojukwus-family-vow/

Just imagine how Discriminatory, Disgusting and Disrespectful her in-laws are towards her ( a woman who gives una sons)... maybe that is the reason many Igbo women with exposure outside of una region avoid una brothers like a plague....

Yeye dey smell!!!

SURE, YORUBA MEN WILL IMAGINE ANYTHING THEY LIKE.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by MSGAMBLE9: 2:16am On Mar 06
hammerF:

SURE, YORUBA MEN WILL IMAGINE ANYTHING THEY LIKE.
Well you know it's true, that is why igbo men always return to village to pick village unexposed girls (not Ladies), even Bella ( a royal princess of Onitsha) allude to bad treatment of women in the East on BBN All-star last year and caused stir on Social media.... whatever Betty is facing now in hands of her in-laws will pale in comparison or 1% of shege she would have seen if her husband is from the SE...

No one would envy Bianca, Betty or countless others treatment in
SE and desired una Men except village unexposed girls... That is why una dey celebrate when your sisters bags Omoluabi diick like a Black man bagging white chick.

Yeye dey smell... it's is the selective hypocrisy for me!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by EmekaA125(m): 3:03am On Mar 06
Goodnewsforlife:
keep quiet there

She’s only lucky because Yoruba people treat widows well, is she gets widowed in a place where they shave their head n give them corpse water to drink n not go out for complete one year

Will she b saying this rubbish?
Continue saying rubbish. Anu
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by EmekaA125(m): 3:04am On Mar 06
EreluRoz:
Betty wears the shoes and she knows better, if she calls her a serpent and a snitch then that's what she is.
Truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by EmekaA125(m): 3:06am On Mar 06
Oghene86:

Betty is just a bitter lady, that was not allowed to have her way, the niece has not done anything let her focus on her mourning before she would be disgraced out of the state
You will lead the mob that will disgrace her. Lol
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by Nikoli: 3:09am On Mar 06
DJMix2025:
If you don’t know what’s going on lemme explain

Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, the widow of the late Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, criticized her late husband's niece, Funke Akeredolu Aruna, for supporting the current governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, ahead of the November governorship election in the state. Betty referred to Funke as a "bloody serpent" for her actions. This public rebuke was made through Betty's Instagram account, where she shared a photo of Funke wearing a cap with the inscription "I am lucky." The conflict stems from internal issues between Akeredolu and Aiyedatiwa before the former's death, leading to attempts to impeach Aiyedatiwa. Betty's strong words have sparked controversy on social media, with some criticizing her for engaging in a public dispute instead of mourning her husband. Pls support my small blog it’s all dj mix - www Naijadjmixtape com
you're very correct bro
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by oyatz(m): 4:18am On Mar 06
JulianBond007:
she knows what she saw in her in-law that's why she's lamenting. Allow her to vent her anger please. Do you know if the so called niece betrayed her uncle?

How did Funker betrayed her uncle?
It wasn't Lucky's fault that Aketi eventually died. However, they can't be a vacuum in governance and Lucky was sworn-in as the new Governor.

This didn't make him an enemy of the Akeredolu's family.

Funke Akeredolu-Aruna is free to support Lucky Aiyedatiwa.

Betty Anyawu-Akeredolu should morn her husband in peace and leave Politics for now.

1 Like

Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by oyatz(m): 4:27am On Mar 06
Ategberoson:

Aketi's aides who are not bloodline related resign after his demise and you're seeing his bloodline supporting the same man that was disloyal to him and you expect the wife not to be emotional with that?

Baba dey reason abeg

She lost husband

She lost power

She had a sad record out of Alagbaka house and you expect her not be psychologically disturbed with people she expected much from

The then Deputy Governor,Lucky Aiyedatiwa was neither disloyal nor responsible for the sickness and eventual demise of the late Governor Akeredolu.

The aides of Akeredolu who resigned did so because they are in another political camp to the new Governor ahead of the Nov,2024 Gubernatorial election.

Funke Akeredolu-Aruna has a right to support Lucky Aiyedatiwa or any of the other camp. No offense committed here.
Re: "Bloody Serpent": Betty Akeredolu Blasts Funke Aruna by oyatz(m): 4:30am On Mar 06
yewit37486:

As in, she didn't even waste time. How long ago did the uncle die before she switched sides? Very disloyal being.

Was Lucky Aiyedatiwa,an enemy of her uncle? The answer is no.

It was her uncle who nominated Lucky Aiyedatiwa as his deputy.

After the death of Gov Akeredolu, Lucky Aiyedatiwa chose ,one of his kinsmen as Deputy Governor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gumi Calls Femi Fani-Kayode Judas Of Oduduwa After He Joined APC / Mustapha Audu & His Wife Were In Court In 2013 Over N18m Scam (Photos) / Dino Melaye Calls APC Convention A Joke In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.