Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All (3143 Views)

Selling Their Daughters In The Name Of Bride Price(pic) / Do Parents Use Fingers To Disvirgin Their Daughters / Where Is This Generation Heading To what married women doing to themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Quality20(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04
Back in the olden days, parents always make sure they know the whereabouts of their daughters and what they may be doing at each and every juncture. Some female parents even naked their daughters and check whether their privates are still untampered with, but these days I see girls as young as 17 sneaking around ,doing suspicions things with other young sters and I begin to wonder if parents still carry out due digence on these kids

2 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Sirmwill: 2:40pm On Mar 04
In 2024

Naaaah

It's called Civilization brava 😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Demiurgos: 3:24pm On Mar 04
Why always daughters? What about sons? Some boys are already regular customers of brothels by age of 15

4 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by RickyJesus: 4:40pm On Mar 04
Demiurgos:
Why always daughters? What about sons? Some boys are already regular customers of brothels by age of 15
It's a man's world.

8 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by epondudu: 4:48pm On Mar 04
Sirmwill:
In 2024

Naaaah

It's called Civilization brava 😁

Yeah, till they get pregnant at 15 Abi? what are we saying sef?
They don't even get pregnant nowadays I don't know how they do it.
This generation is gone.

7 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Maria96: 5:28pm On Mar 04
The parents are aware. The small money boys are giving them is what they use to feed, do hair, pay rent, pay for school fees. Etc
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Jewessgratitud3: 5:35pm On Mar 04
Abi they are the ones sending them out to meet the boys?

It is usually children from dysfunctional homes that have this style of parenting. I once asked the same question and a woman told me how her neighbor pushes her daughters to the agbero boys on the street to buy them food.

This woman does not work or have a husband. The daughters are s dropouts. She pushes them to the alaye boys who later impregnated and abandoned them.

Now the suffering has trippled. The girls are now doing odd jobs to train their mother and babies.

3 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by BigYash: 5:41pm On Mar 04
Maria96:
The parents are aware. The small money boys are giving them is what they use to feed, do hair, pay rent, pay for school fees. Etc
Some even remit to their parents too.. Some parents are not worthy to be called parents at all.. Next generation go worst..

5 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Maria96: 5:47pm On Mar 04
BigYash:
Some even remit to their parents too.. Some parents are not worthy to be called parents at all.. Next generation go worst..
during slavery some people sold their own wives and children for ogogoro and umbrella. When there is poverty and hardship people resort to things like this. When i was in Nigeria my favourite football/ peppersoup joint. Men regularly brought young girls on low cut( public secondary school students) to eat peppersoup and later go have sex with them in the opposite hotel.

Even in university many ladies only got first semester school fees and had to hustle with their vagina, some as school wife. To survive. The parents know what was going on.

2 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by doctore212(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04
wetin concern me . Once the number of oloshos dey increase for Olosho house for my area.

Government should intervene and reduce the cost of short time to 1500
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Tallesty1(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04
A lot of parents still need monitoring

3 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Adewale1603(m): 8:33pm On Mar 04
Some parents are still children themselves, so what do you expect

4 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by papyjaypaul: 8:45pm On Mar 04
Kids these days are on the comments section. Parents cannot monitor them because they can pretend to be an angel in real world and a tout online. The streets can't raise up a child. The internet is the streets. Home training will show even online.

3 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Caspry5: 8:54pm On Mar 04
There's so much you can do as a parent. Do what you can and leave the rest to the child. If they go stray from your guidance and path, then you simply wish them the best and whatever outcome it brings, they should bear it.
You are human with a short life span. Don't let anyone deprive you the peace you deserve after putting in so much work to level up. So many parents labour in vain for children that wouldn't even play their roles in easing the life of their aged guardians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by GOFRONT(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04
Failed parenting we see everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Teejaney88(m): 9:53pm On Mar 04
Are you talking about the same Arents that use their daughters to open 'business centres'🤔
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by gift2xl: 10:05pm On Mar 04
Career mother's
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by poshestmina(f): 10:40pm On Mar 04
Teach ,guide ,guard ,provide and pray for them as much as you can...
Every environment is an abler. Smartphone ,Internet ,peer pressure ,the Gen Z 'buzz' .

It's a lot of work . Do the one wey you fit do ,Pikin wey go good go good .

One of my niece is seventeen and in 200Lvl already .We can only advice ,pray and provide her needs and sometimes Wants...make she no 'look outside too much'.

I heard Some "mothers" are turning their daughters womb upside down now with traditional methods to avoid unwanted grandchildren.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Charmingrascal(m): 10:56pm On Mar 04
unclothedness is the order of the day

17 year old jobless girl using a phone her parents can't afford, yet such parents will not question her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:31am On Mar 05
Nope, they don't and whatever you're seeing now...it will only get worse believe me. ✌️
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:32am On Mar 05
poshestmina:
Teach ,guide ,guard ,provide and pray for them as much as you can...
Every environment is an abler. Smartphone ,Internet ,peer pressure ,the Gen Z 'buzz' .

It's a lot of work . Do the one wey you fit do ,Pikin wey go good go good .

One of my niece is seventeen and in 200Lvl already .We can only advice ,pray and provide her needs and sometimes Wants...make she no 'look outside too much'.

I heard Some "mothers" are turning their daughters womb upside down now with traditional methods to avoid unwanted grandchildren.

This right here
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by meetme01: 1:08am On Mar 05
In the 20th century, parenting was the hardest job on earth.

Today, I can confidently tell you that, parenting is no longer a job but a joke.

Children are now parents so, the question is just absurd (apologies).

We ain't see anything yet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by SIXFEETUNDER: 1:58am On Mar 05
Nice one pedo

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by nigeriansamurai(m): 2:31am On Mar 05
Maria96:
sadly the truth...
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Ilekokonit: 3:23am On Mar 05
Caspry5:
There's so much you can do as a parent. Do what you can and leave the rest to the child. If they go stray from your guidance and path, then you simply wish them the best and whatever outcome it brings, they should bear it.
You are human with a short life span. Don't let anyone deprive you the peace you deserve after putting in so much work to level up. So many parents labour in vain for children that wouldn't even play their roles in easing the life of their aged guardians.

Word on marble.
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by 9japride(m): 4:40am On Mar 05
Quality20:
Back in the olden days, parents always make sure they know the whereabouts of their daughters and what they may be doing at each and every juncture. Some female parents even naked their daughters and check whether their privates are still untampered with, but these days I see girls as young as 17 sneaking around ,doing suspicions things with other young sters and I begin to wonder if parents still carry out due digence on these kids
[color=#006600][/color]

The question you should be asking, is are these present parents responsible people?
These girls will eventually become parents tomorrow and don't expect anything different from what they are doing.
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by faceland: 6:13am On Mar 05
One of the disadvantages of being a parent today is that you can't be around and also provide.

Just forget. School, mobile phones, popular culture must influence them.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Quality20(m): 6:34am On Mar 05
Demiurgos:
yes what u said is true, but what's there is that daughters are more vulnerable to corrupting tendencies and can more easily bequeth their nature to their kids. Do u know that some girls and women are now involved in home breaking, stealing and kidnappings- crimes ppl see as exclusive preserve of d male folks?
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Soulsymbol99: 8:40am On Mar 05
Wen some of the parents themselves need monitoring undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by G00dharddick: 8:51am On Mar 05
I have since decided not to give birth to a girl child.

Two sons is enough for me!

Give birth to a girl child at your peril
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Talkisneeded: 9:24am On Mar 05
Pray against poverty first, poverty makes you lose half of your reasoning...

I sell herbs tho
Re: Do Parents Of This Generation Monitor Their Daughters At All by Alimzy20(m): 10:14am On Mar 05
THE PROBLEM IS THE INTERNET

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Age Really Matter In Relationship? / How Would It Feel To Lose The Person That Disflower You? / How To Handle Jealousy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.