Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy (14206 Views)

Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) / Employers Reject NLC's Plan To ‘Shut Down Economy’ / US, UK, EU Envoys Reject FG Position On Twitter Ban After Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Milito: 8:46pm On Mar 04
Hedonisco:
It is a stupid policy, in the context of Nigeria.

You can't be hunting for foreign investors, and then force them to employ your crooks and poor attitude, low competence afflicted fat bellies in the name of local 'talent'.

Build a country where the environment is conducive, the locals are productive and competent, and the market large and buoyant, and then the foreign investors will beg to come at whatever condition.

Small yansh no suppose dey form shake.

The bitter truth is in bold.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by stevups(m): 9:23pm On Mar 04
Richtaiwo:

Same people always screaming there is no job. If you like, insult everything about Nigeria and Nigerian govt, gringory obi will never be president of Nigeria. You can cry more.

You must be joking because Peteru will become president in life to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by stevups(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04
HORLADY:
But they are not afraid to bill Nigerian Students thousands of Dollars.
Its a good move as it will encourage Local Content.
We shouldn't be afraid of reciprocity from any country afterall Nigerians abroad can testify on how much they part with just to be a common caregiver.

I am telling you, you got it
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by abbeyd2(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04
To some extence I love the bill, imagine my organization bringing Expatriate to site as a storekeeper, yard manager and accountant, who doesn't understand excel formula.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by xperiencelove(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04
Ejebleje:
Nothing wey you fit do to please Nigerians. A lot of Nigerians have been clamoring for this sort of indigenous act, that prioritizes Nigerians over expatriate employees,yet a Nigerian body is trying to revolt against it.
Soon, you will understand that most Nigerians are pessimist. They derive joy when bad things happen. You will hardly find a good news on Nairaland with at least 10 pages. They lack the right information and they will be gallivanting on their stupidity.
Many of them didn't know so many countries are doing the same one way or the other.
E.G: Some years ago, this same China impose 100% tax levy on any of their football club that sign a foreigner. That is a club that signed a foreigner for $50m will pay same amount as tax. This has made the Chinese football club resolved to using their home grown players. China was the one doing what Saudi League is doing now prior to the taxation because it will affect their economy when they started paying old players including Iniesta amount they couldn't even earn in their prime.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Kokomaster69: 10:28pm On Mar 04
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Of course, they would push back. They would rather continue paying millions of dollars to lowly qualified expatriates from China, India, Thailand, Philippines e.t.c. than train and hire Nigerians to take up those jobs. Something that can't happen in those countries I listed.

Government knows they can't enforce the rules because private sectors and government are Paddy Paddy
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Rolings: 3:18am On Mar 05
43Ronin:
It's like this guys don't think intelligently. Just a bunch of dull people helping tinubu

NECA don't work for Tinubu
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Rolings: 3:21am On Mar 05
xperiencelove:

Soon, you will understand that most Nigerians are pessimist. They derive joy when bad things happen. You will hardly find a good news on Nairaland with at least 10 pages. They lack the right information and they will be gallivanting on their stupidity.

Know this and know peace.

Nigerians are one of the most ungrateful people on planet earth and so difficult to manage. That's why people that find themselves in the position of power and authority treat us anyhow.
Because they know that the average citizen is very stupid and will take anything they throw at them .....just polish it with a little rice ans stew and they forget their senses (that's why rice dealers are making a kill because they know FOOLISH Nigerians will still buy it at any price
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by racerve(m): 3:59am On Mar 05
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Of course, they would push back. They would rather continue paying millions of dollars to lowly qualified expatriates from China, India, Thailand, Philippines e.t.c. than train and hire Nigerians to take up those jobs. Something that can't happen in those countries I listed.

What will you say if those countries reciprocate?

If countries start charging companies for hiring Nigerians, what do you think will happen with diaspora remittance?

Awon master strategist that can't think 2 steps ahead.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by racerve(m): 4:06am On Mar 05
Richtaiwo:

Continue searching for anyway of hate and cursing Nigeria, it won't change nadda. But one thing for sure, pandora gringory the fraud will never be president of Nigeria.

Guy leave these your playground taunts. Are you 12 or what?

People are discussing serious issues and your own contribution is to make childish remarks because your person won election. Abi economy no dey affect you too?
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by itsene: 5:35am On Mar 05
Close them down.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by 527hameed: 6:48am On Mar 05
Since this order is from Tinubu's administration, even a donkey knows the set of piglets that will grunt over it.Since this order is from Tinubu's administration, even a donkey knows the set of piglets that will grunt over it....
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Richtaiwo: 6:51am On Mar 05
xperiencelove:

Many of them didn't know so many countries are doing the same one way or the other.
E.G: Some years ago, this same China impose 100% tax levy on any of their football club that sign a foreigner. That is a club that signed a foreigner for $50m will pay same amount as tax. This has made the Chinese football club resolved to using their home grown players. China was the one doing what Saudi League is doing now prior to the taxation because it will affect their economy when they started paying old players including Iniesta amount they couldn't even earn in their prime.
A typical example below. He is all over the thread sweating profusely trying to attack the good policy intended to favour Nigerian job seekers. Same set of human beings scream to high heaven that Nigerian leaders hate Nigerians. From their comments, one can easily predict which part of the earth they come from. Some of them are stupidly trying to change the topic by discussing what they claimed elrufai said about Tinubu some one million years ago.
racerve:

What will you say if those countries reciprocate?

If countries start charging companies for hiring Nigerians, what do you think will happen with diaspora remittance?

Awon master strategist that can't think 2 steps ahead.
faceland:

Mumu is seeking foreign investors then taxing foreign experts to run away. Can he go to UNILAG and trust any of their doctors or engineers with his life? Who would give us experience. You know he intend to pocket everything eventually.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by jamafa: 6:56am On Mar 05
faceland:

El Rufai alleged that 20 years after Tinubu left office, he was still collecting tax revenue from Lagos (sometimes as high as 70% of the state's money).

Evidence pls
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by taiwog700: 7:06am On Mar 05
Jeezuzpick:

Lots of companies employ useless "expatriates", bringing in plumbers, carpenters and mechanics to Nigeria and labelling them "Engineers".

I encounter these people all the time and in most cases I know that I can do the job better than them. Yet, they earn many times what Nigerians can dream of earning.

there is this nonentity in my company he cannot read nor write ,na so e go dey look like mumu but guess what ,Nigeria master degree bolder is working under him ,this is frustrating ,nigerian are passing through a lot of things in their own country ,I don't know who can change the narrative
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Akmike1983: 11:54am On Mar 05
My own just be say, after them still coect the money we no go still see the effect
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Putindbutt: 12:13pm On Mar 05
faceland:

El Rufai alleged that 20 years after Tinubu left office, he was still collecting tax revenue from Lagos (sometimes as high as 70% of the state's money).
Tinubu no dey carry people go shrine like the godfathers in your region dey carry una Governors go Okija shrine.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by Amhappy(f): 12:19pm On Mar 05
Even though this levy encourages more job opportunities for Nigerians,I don't agree with it. The government should start by extending the NOGICD Act 2010 to others sector not just the oil and gas industry alone. Wholesomely implement the expatriate quota system and allocation of slots for Nigerians for every expatriate employed,Technology transfer,capacity building etc. Ensure compliance on first consideration for Nigerians except on jobs Nigerian do no have the capacity. They should also look at the poor wages paid to Nigerian workforce and 2nd class treatment Nigerians receive in our country. What NECF said is accurate . The levy is too high and will discourage foreign investment. Set aside the pride Nigeria is not on the a level of UK and Europe to be making such demands. Investors are looking for cheap labour and ease of doing business. It's even better the Government insist on paying expatriates in Naira
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by faceland: 7:12pm On Mar 05
Putindbutt:

Tinubu no dey carry people go shrine like the godfathers in your region dey carry una Governors go Okija shrine.

I don't know what you talking about but if it makes you feel happy, you win. Go and celebrate with mister lick microphone to command people.
Re: Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy by 1davidaoche: 11:47pm On Mar 05
Kai I pity Nigerians.
Am not a tinubu man but he did great.
If you don't work with Chinese and Indians you will not know whats happening.

Nigerians are not under qualified as some people think.

The question you should ask is why bring expert?

You bring them on contract basis to train a local perons but that's not what's happening u see them spending years in Nigeria.

I once worked with a Indian company and I was paid 80k there indian helper was collecting 300k and filed operator around 700k plus and then an Indian engineer like me 1mill like that.
I finished my gt period and I was confirmed and was salry was increased to 90k as an engineer in a hard economy. I just pity ignoring people who don't know what Nigerianß suffer in those companies

Tinubu levy is to force them to use local talent and pay well and I promise you Nigerians are doing great in those companies work doing 70% of the field work...
If you have a task a Nigerian can't do bring an expert but he will stay less than 6 month and wont have to pay the 10000usd fee but ensure he teaches a national that's why he was brought in as expert. U don't come as expert an spend forever.

Tinubu is not driving Investors away he is only trying to ensure Nigerians get job and yhat is the best measure to compell this companies.

If u like Indian dem pay its simple.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths Network Faults Former Minister, Maj Gen Olarenwaju On Okuama Murders / Bayelsa Reduces Salaries Of Political Appointees / Governor Ortom Suspends 6 APC LG Chairmen In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.