Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... (1178 Views)

Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? / Diary Of My Rabbit : Ghost / Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Sijiade77(m): 9:56am On Apr 16
sheggsliveth:

Their poo will give you problem cos the holes in the net is too small for their poo to penetrate..you could check mine in the pic below.

Yes you're right. I'm currently experiencing that difficulty now. I won't make the same mistake in the next cage I'll construct. Thank You wink
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Destinygsd: 12:14pm On Apr 16
Nice thread op.. Am also a rabb:it farmer from abuja how about you.(your farm location)

1 Like

Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Sijiade77(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16
Destinygsd:
Nice thread op.. Am also a rabb:it farmer from abuja how about you.(your farm location)

Thank You so much.
I'm also residing in Abuja . . . cheesy
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Fabulouslouie(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18
blackbone989:

Will sell d offspring

I'm in Lagos. What's your pricing?
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by blackbone989(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19
Fabulouslouie:

I'm in Lagos. What's your pricing?
Relax, she is pregnant n even if she drop,the babies needs mama for like a month
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by RoadMozart(m): 10:51am On Apr 21
ShinjaWWest:

Bought 2 for 7k in Ijebu Ode 4yrs ago
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Fabulouslouie(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21
blackbone989:

Relax, she is pregnant n even if she drop,the babies needs mama for like a month

No worries. I'll be waiting for update
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Destinygsd: 4:30pm On Apr 22
Sijiade77:

Thank You so much.
I'm also residing in Abuja . . . cheesy
That's nice can I have your contact.. or better still here's mine 08138778570

1 Like

Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Sijiade77(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22
Destinygsd:
That's nice can I have your contact.. or better still here's mine 08138778570
🤣🤣 After saving your contact, I realised that I already had your contact before self😅
My name is Philemon.
We chatted few times on WhatsApp smiley
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Destinygsd: 4:15pm On Apr 23
Sijiade77:

🤣🤣 After saving your contact, I realised that I already had your contact before self😅
My name is Philemon.
We chatted few times on WhatsApp smiley
... Nice meeting you philemon.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Destinygsd: 8:14pm On Apr 23
Sijiade77:
There are so many breeds of Rabbit found in Nigeria. Some of which include The New Zealands white or Black, Chinchillas, Californians, Dutch, Rex, Palominos & Hyla, etc.
You might wonder. Why the Palomino??

I got 2 Palomino does (female rabbits) because I was immediately attracted to its coat. It has a Golden brown or lynx coat that is extremely soft to touch & standout amongst other breeds. They are medium to large sized. rabbits & they are good producers. And so, I picked them & I wondered what breed I'd get as my male rabbit.
Originally, I was interested in getting a new Zealand white Male that'll serve my females but after searching for a while & due to a little impatience on my part I luckily stumbled upon, or should i say i was introduced to the "Hyla" breed.
Many people find it difficult to differentiate between Hyla & New Zealand White rabbits. This is due to a lot of striking similarities between the two. But in reality, there are also a lot of difference such as;
1.The Hyla is bigger in size than New Zealands.
2. The Hyla has a bigger head shape & ears than New Zealands.
3. The Hyla was bread to mature faster and reach table size at a very early age, as early as 2 - 3 months. And as such, they're considered Broiler rabbits.
4. The Hyla may have dark makings on its nose & ears.

After reading about the Hyla rabbits & learning more about it's Characteristics & genetics, I decided I'd purchase 1 as a male. And so, I got a Hyla grower.
I intend on crossing Him with my females when they are Old & matured enough.
Many rabbit farmers are located far away from the area I live in, and so, I am going to be part of the very first amongst the few farmers that exists in this part of Abuja.
Join me as we monitor the growth of my rabbits & the growth of my farm. And when they're old enough to start reproducing, I look forward to getting customers that'll get rabbit from me, on this platform...
I will be updating this thread weekly. Every Mondays...

Hyla x palomino.. that's a funny combo .. although they'll go well if You're rearing for meats or pets.. but not quite for breeding purposes..
Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Trophy12: 6:41am On Apr 26
What type of breed is this? I saw it for sale at jiji.com it looks bigger

Re: A Look Into The Growth Of My Rabbit Farm... by Destinygsd: 7:31am On Apr 26
Trophy12:
What type of breed is this? I saw it for sale at jiji.com it looks bigger
Hyla ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pitbull Pups Available. / (pictured) Unbelievable Monster Snake / Woman Spends £60, 000 (N18 Million Naira) On Dogs’ Wedding Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.