Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) (1223 Views)

Meeting Between Yoruba And Ibo Leaders In 1989 / Meeting Between Yoruba And Ibo Leaders In 1989 / Anioma State And South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by AfonjaFula: 11:03pm On Mar 04
THIS IS OSEKWENIKE. THERE AT THE VERY MOUTH OF THE NIGER, ONE OF VARIOUS IGBO COMMUNITIES IN BAYELSA AND MORE IN SAGAMA LGA BEING THE FIRST PART OF THE NIGER RIVER HEADED WEST FOR FORCADOS.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by AfonjaFula: 11:05pm On Mar 04
People should please tell us more of Ibo communities outside of this LGA'S

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by proeast(m): 2:19am On Mar 05
Igbos or Igboid groups are probably the largest ethnicity in the SS, yet when the term SE and SS is mentioned despite other factors like geography and demographics aligning both regions, the same insecure buffoons from the slum region will start foaming in the mouth.

Spit!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by oluztx: 2:29am On Mar 05
That's where Flavour's second baby mama is from and she speaks Igbo. That's also where Diezani Madueke is from. My uncle is married to a woman from there, she has Igbo name and speaks Igbo too.

They resemble Igbo too. That's where you will also find light skin Ijaws.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Bekermann(m): 2:32am On Mar 05
proeast:
Igbos or Igboid groups are probably the largest ethnicity in the SS, yet when the term SE and SS is mentioned despite other factors like geography and demographics aligning both regions, the same insecure buffoons from the slum region will start foaming in the mouth.

Spit!

The Igbos or Igboid tribal groups are not probably the largest tribal group in the South South. They are the largest tribal group in the aforementioned geopolitical zone in your puny mind.

Ozuo.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by AfonjaFula: 2:44am On Mar 05
proeast:

Spit!

Effect of miseducation

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by AfonjaFula: 2:46am On Mar 05
oluztx:
That's where Flavour's second baby mama is from and she speaks Igbo. That's also were Diezani Madueke is from. My uncle is married to a woman from there, she has Igbo name and speaks Igbo too.

Wow

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Igboid: 5:28pm On Mar 05
Bekermann:

The Igbos or Igboid tribal groups are not probably the largest tribal group in the South South. They are the largest tribal group in the aforementioned geopolitical zone in your puny mind.

Ozuo.

They are the biggest.

Anioma is 1/3 of Delta.
Igbanke is Igboid and is in Edo state, Boy Spyce and Rema are from Igbanke.
Ikwerre, Etche, ONELGA, Omuma, Ekpeye, Ofigbo, Opobo and Bonny form more than 60% of Rivers State!
Few Ukwuani speaking villages in Bayelsa state, Ohaobu village on Akwa Ibom, Isobo clan in Cross River.
No other ethnic grouping in SS comes close.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Bekermann(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05
Igboid:

They are the biggest.

Anioma is 1/3 of Delta.
Ikwerre, Etche, ONELGA, Omuma, Ekpeye, Ofigbo, Opobo and Bonny form more than 60% of Rivers State!
Few Ukwuani speaking villages in Bayelsa state, Ohaobu village on Akwa Ibom, Isobo clan in Cross River.

Okay. Suit yourself

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Deltancapo: 6:39pm On Mar 05
proeast:

Spit!

Look at this migrant that left his ancestors land, claiming where you can never be indigen.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Typing: 6:41pm On Mar 05
oluztx:
That's where Flavour's second baby mama is from and she speaks Igbo. That's also where Diezani Madueke is from. My uncle is married to a woman from there, she has Igbo name and speaks Igbo too.

Lies.
You are claiming Ijaw communities

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Deltancapo: 6:43pm On Mar 05
Igboid:

They are the biggest.

Anioma is 1/3 of Delta.

You meant immigrants.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Typing: 6:43pm On Mar 05
Igboid:

They are the biggest.

Anioma is 1/3 of Delta.

Kuku talk say the entire South South na Igbo na

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by BabaRamota1980: 6:52pm On Mar 05
Ibo is just too far from the coast, however much I zoom, in or out on the map. The dot nation is 3hrs further inland at its closest proximity to Atlantic. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by isokomarine: 8:00pm On Mar 05
Osekwenike belongs to ISOKO community,which is the headquarter of okugbe isoko.so please stop misinformating people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ttipsy(f): 8:10pm On Mar 05
It’s Igbo not Ibo
Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ologbo147: 12:49pm On Mar 17
Igboid:

They are the biggest.

Anioma is 1/3 of Delta.
I use to think you are one of the few sensible Igbo boys on here, but with this claim of Boyspyce and Rema being from Igbanke without proof, you are very dull and a very dense Igbo

The highest i have seen in documents about igbanke is that igbanke is just at most17-18% of Orhiowmon local government’s population. When you do the comparison of small igbanke to the entire Bini tribe in Edo south. Igbanke will not be more than 2% of the population of Binis in Edo south. Why the perpetual penchant to tie every famous Bini to Igbanke? is it inferiority complex or what? Why is it that most times it is you guys that are always dubiously aware of this negative information.

In a local government where there is Urhonigbe and Oza that are both individually bigger than Igbanke in Orhiowmon. If not that Igbinedion is from the western Benin and attributing him to Igbanke again would make you guys look like desperados and clowns, you would have done so. You guys should come off it , it is not the best

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by christejames(m): 1:03pm On Mar 17
oluztx:

Interesting to know shocked
Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Igboid: 3:32pm On Mar 18
Ologbo147:
I use to think you are one of the few sensible Igbo boys on here, but with this claim of Boyspyce and Rema being from Igbanke without proof, you are very dull and a very dense Igbo

The highest i have seen in documents about igbanke is that igbanke is just at most17-18% of Orhiowmon local government’s population. When you do the comparison of small igbanke to the entire Bini tribe in Edo south. Igbanke will not be more than 2% of the population of Binis in Edo south. Why the perpetual penchant to tie every famous Bini to Igbanke? is it inferiority complex or what? Why is it that most times it is you guys that are always dubiously aware of this negative information.

In a local government where there is Urhonigbe and Oza that are both individually bigger than Igbanke in Orhiowmon. If not that Igbinedion is from the western Benin and attributing him to Igbanke again would make you guys look like desperados and clowns, you would have done so. You guys should come off it , it is not the best

What are you blabbing about?
Igbos/Igboids of SS are the single largest ethnic group in SS.
This is my point and facts back this up..
Rema is from Igbanke likewise Boyspyce, this is a well known fact, if you want proof, just ask or you can simply use the Internet search button.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Efewestern: 6:07pm On Mar 18
Igboid:

Rema is from Igbanke likewise Boyspyce, this is a well known fact, if you want proof, just ask or you can simply use the Internet search button.

So where do you place the Effik/Ibibio in your debate? I thought we all argue with facts rather than sentiment.

Effik/Ibibio should be the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria. They always had the numbers.

Here's an unbiased ranking
1. Efik/Ibibio (98% of Cross River & Akwa Ibom)
2. Edoid (2/4 of Delta State, 95% of Edo state, 10% Bayelsa)
3. ijoid (90% Bayelsa, 1/5 Delta state, 1/4 Rivers State, 2% Edo)
3. igboid (1/4 Delta, 2/3 Rivers, 2%Edo)

If you want to argue further, we can start to referencing population census from the 50's.

Modified: I attached the population census of Bendel (Delta). Urhobo/Isoko (Edoid) - 42%
Igboid - 32%
Ijaw - 15%
Itsekiri - 10%. Please note that I didn't take account of the Urhobo communities in Western Ijo territories. Also didn't include Isoko population in Ndokwa. This is for Delta state. In Edo state, Edoid group occupied over 95% of the population.

The only state the Igboid group are majority, is Rivers. Meanwhile the Edoid dominate two states (Edo & Delta with significant population in Bayelsa & Rivers).

In Cross River and Akwa Ibom, the Effik/Ibibio occupy these states completely, giving them the clear lead.

The Ijaws are found in every states but only command numbers in Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers. There's no way they can surpass the Edoid group in strength.

Cc: Ologbo147.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by BeninRefugees: 6:30pm On Mar 18
Efewestern:

So where do you place the Effik/Ibibio in your debate? I thought we all argue with facts rather than sentiment.

Effik/Ibibio should be the four largest ethnic group in Nigeria. They always had the numbers.

Here's an unbiased ranking
1. Efik/Ibibio (98% of Cross River & Akwa Ibom)
2. Edoid (2/4 of Delta State, 95% of Edo state, 10% Bayelsa)
3. ijoid (90% Bayelsa, 1/5 Delta state, 1/4 Rivers State, 2% Edo)
3. igboid (1/4 Delta, 2/3 Rivers, 2%Edo)

If you want to argue further, we can start to referencing population census from the 50's.

Modified: I attached the population census of Bendel. Urhobo/Isoko - 42%
Igboid - 30%
Ijaw - 15%
Itsekiri - 10%. Please note that I didn't take account of the Urhobo communities in Western Ijo territories and Warri. Also didn't include Isoko population in Ukwuani. This is for Delta state. In Edo state, Edoid group occupied over 95% of the population.

The only state the Igboid group are majority, is Rivers. Meanwhile the Edoid dominate two states (Edo & Delta with significant population in Bayelsa & Rivers).

In Cross River and Akwa Ibom, the Effik/Ibibio occupy these states completely, giving them the clear lead.

Cc: Ologbo147.

you just hanged yourself with this census

Igbos are clearly the 2nd largest group in SS after Efik and Ibibio

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ologbo147: 6:36pm On Mar 18
Igboid:

I am not concerned about the Igbos being the largest group in the SS

It is proof that Rema and Boyspyce are from Igbanke, that is what i ever asked for , if you think i did not check the internet after seeing your post, you are a clown. If you had it, you would have posted it and not elongate the argument any further, but Obviously you are a big clown as you lots are here

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Efewestern: 6:40pm On Mar 18
BeninRefugees:

you just hanged yourself with this census

Igbos are clearly the 2nd largest group in SS after Efik and Ibibio

Unlike you, I debate with fact. The Edoid completely cancelled Igboid group in Delta. In Edo, the Edoid reign supreme. As at 1967, Edoid had a population of 1+ million in Edo. What's the population in Rivers, and how many of these population belongs to the Igboid group?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ologbo147: 6:47pm On Mar 18
Efewestern:

Unlike you, I debate with fact. The Edoid completely cancelled Igboid group in Delta. In Edo, the Edoid reign supreme. As at 1967, Edoid had a population of 1+ million in Edo. What's the Igboid population in Rivers, and how many of these population belongs to the Igboid group?

Edoid in delta is up to about 45 percent of the population of Delta state. Put it in plain terms, the Urhobos alone minus the Isoko totally cancels the Igboid group in Delta state and also Igbanke in Edo state.

When you add Isoko to the prevalent population of Edoid groups in Edo state, it will be two times and half the population of Igboid groups in Rivers state. Outside Delta and Rivers, you find Igboid groups in Minute quantity in Bayelsa and Akwa ibom

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by EmiloCorn: 6:51pm On Mar 18
Ttipsy:
It’s Igbo not Ibo

But . . . But I thought igbo is what my members usually smoke? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Efewestern: 6:56pm On Mar 18
Ologbo147:
Edoid in delta is up to about 45 percent of the population of Delta state. Put it in plain terms, the Urhobos alone minus the Isoko totally cancels the Igboid group in Delta state and also Igbanke in Edo state.

When you add Isoko to the prevalent population of Edoid groups in Edo state, it will be two times and half the population of Igboid groups in Rivers state. Outside Delta and Rivers, you find Igboid groups in Minute quantity in Bayelsa and Akwa ibom

I ignored the significant Urhobo population in iJo territories in Delta state. There is no single group that can even argue numbers with Edoid in the whole of SS aside Efik/Ibibio. Funny how some falsehood can become a fact if repeated continuously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ologbo147: 7:17pm On Mar 18
Efewestern:

I ignored the significant Urhobo population in iJo territories in Delta state. There is no single group that can even argue numbers with Edo in the whole of SS aside Efik/Ibibio. Funny how some falsehood can become a fact if repeated continuously.
Igboid in Edo state are not up to two percent, maybe Edo south not the entire Edo state, when you pitch the population of Igbanke against the population of Edo state indigenes, it cannot go beyond 1.1 percent

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Efewestern: 7:26pm On Mar 18
Ologbo147:
Igboid in Edo state are not up to two percent, maybe Edo south not the entire Edo state, when you pitch the population of Igbanke against the population of Edo state indigenes, it cannot go beyond 1.1 percent

Or even less. But these minute population are consistently mentioned to push falsehood and swell population numbers.

The 5% non-Edoid population in Edo state is shared between these iJo, Itsekiri and Ika. Very insignificant.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Ologbo147: 7:55pm On Mar 18
Efewestern:

Or even less. But these minute population are consistently mentioned to push falsehood and swell population numbers.

The 5% non-Edoid population in Edo state is shared between these iJo, Yoruba, Itsekiri and Ika. Very insignificant.
and also Igarra,

Akoko Edo as big as it is comprise of just five percent of the population of Edo state.

Okpamheri as an Edo group comprise of 23 villages and its population was over 30 thousand minus Ososo in 1952 and all these communities are in Akoko Edo.

I do not think the insignificant population of Itsekiri in Ologbo that is even a shared community coupled with those sparsely Ijaw settlements in the two Ovia alongside with the population of Igbanke can go beyond 60% of Akoko Edo. Who are Yorubas in Edo state

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State And Ibo Relationship (land Relationship) by Efewestern: 8:13pm On Mar 18
Ologbo147:
and also Igarra,

Akoko Edo as big as it is comprise of just five percent of the population of Edo state.

Okpamheri as an Edo group comprise of 23 villages and its population was over 30 thousand minus Ososo in 1952 and all these communities are in Akoko Edo.

I do not think the insignificant population of Itsekiri in Ologbo that is even a shared community coupled with those sparsely Ijaw settlements in the two Ovia alongside with the population of Igbanke can go beyond 60% of Akoko Edo. Who are Yorubas in Edo state

I was even wrong according 5% to these non-Edoid groups. They should be far far less. The Itsekiri/Ijaw population are too minute to amount any significant population.

The situation in Edo is similar to most states in Nigeria. In Ondo for example, there are Edoid and Ijoid groups, but the Yoruboid are over 90%. In Anambra, there is Igala population. But somehow, these non-groups are ignored when numbers are counted but in the case of Edo, minute groups always want to be mentioned in a bid to push falsehood.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proposed Budget 2007: "good Or Bad "? / Duke Lacrosse Players / Western Business Interests In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.