Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC (10049 Views)

70% of Financial Crimes in Nigeria Linked to Banks – EFCC / Police VGS QERRS To Tackle Crimes In Nigeria / Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by amoreobansu: 7:49am On Mar 05
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has revealed that approximately 70 percent of financial crimes in Nigeria are connected to banks.

Chairman of the leading anti-graft agency, Ola Olukoyede, shared this information during his address in Abuja at the 2023 Annual Retreat and General Meeting of the Association of Chief Audit Executives of Banks in Nigeria.

The EFCC boss pointed out that the banking industry was becoming more characterized by fraudulent activities, posing significant challenges and concerns for the commission.

Olukoyede, represented by EFCC’s Director of Internal Audit, Idowu Apejoye, emphasized the importance of collaborative actions from relevant authorities and industry professionals, particularly audit executives, to proactively address and combat fraudulent activities within the sector.

“Broadly speaking, banking fraud in Nigeria is both inside and outside related. The inside related fraud comprises outright selling of customers’ deposits, authorising loan facilities, forgery and several other kinds of unhealthy and criminal practices,” he said.

“The outsider related ones include hacking, ATM fraud, conspiracy, among others. And then the absurd one is when both collaborate, that is collaboration among the bankers and the outsider.

“That one is the one that is really absurd because when you do that, that means you are selling out the system. It is estimated that about 70 per cent of financial crimes in Nigeria are traceable to the banking sector, this scenario is disturbing and unacceptable,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/05/70-percent-of-financial-crimes-in-nigeria-connected-to-banks-efcc/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Donchieli: 7:51am On Mar 05
Yimu

Na today

Nothing de hidden under the sun

No come de tel us wetin we knw already

18 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Chibikay: 7:52am On Mar 05
Wow
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by SensualMan: 7:52am On Mar 05
The head of financial and narcotic crime is on the throne with Cardoso his boy overseeing and taking percentage of bank frauds.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Rich4god(m): 7:52am On Mar 05
Every agency just looking for an excuse to hide their inefficiency.

If the banks are aiding financial crimes, re-organize your process to ensure that such crimes can't be successfully carried out in banks.

25 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Ancecoker(m): 7:52am On Mar 05
I laugh in Spanish... Before nko?..

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Smi21: 7:53am On Mar 05
Knowed fact

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by ArewaNightmare: 7:53am On Mar 05
grin and it's been done with impunity 😆😆
Same way one mofo called me on the phone claiming to be From my bank and they're working with one insurance company and started giving me my details to confirm if it's actually me and the part that got me was the mofo asked me if I'm staying in 2nd floor or 3rd floor 😆

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by malaria(f): 7:53am On Mar 05
Mana o eziokwu

21 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Ewedegubbler: 7:54am On Mar 05
True that. The late Herbert Wigwe was a chronic currency round tripper and kpaid with lots of politicians money, Wike lost the most

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Boyooosa(m): 7:54am On Mar 05
Can u imagine?

I know this is dominated and initiated by younger staff but how can you blame them when the big dawgs, the directors engage in braid day light 'bank robbery ' to the tune of billions, now trillions carrying along their partners in crime....the so called capitalists and sinators
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Toluwanise247(m): 7:54am On Mar 05
I have said it many times that those guy are up to something
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by telim: 7:54am On Mar 05
Bank staff are often involved in huge scams
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Ancecoker(m): 7:54am On Mar 05
Vijag:

Una no dey rest
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Caspry5: 7:54am On Mar 05
Tell us something we don't know
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by okechuks22: 7:54am On Mar 05
This is not a new story
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Mopolchi: 7:55am On Mar 05
Normal talk. Close down the banks na dem follow cause make Naira dey depreciate. We will fine the banks let say 1 trillion naira make we see money loot sorry work. - Drug lord's APC govt.
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by CountinBlessins(m): 7:55am On Mar 05
Rich4god:
Every agency just looking for an excuse to hide their inefficiency.

If the banks are aiding financial crimes, re-organize your process to ensure that such crimes can't be successfully carried out in banks.

Simple

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by meobizy(f): 7:55am On Mar 05
Good to see water is still wet.
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Bubu4Sea: 7:55am On Mar 05
When the president is a druglord, wetin u expect ❓️

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by AmakaTips2: 7:56am On Mar 05
We do nothing but to watch
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Alexlalax1(m): 7:56am On Mar 05
The blame game continues. Apc blames pdp. Tinubu blames buhari. Efcc blames banks. Una better fix this shithole or.......
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by omoadeleye(m): 7:56am On Mar 05
They should start fining banks till they will almost run out of business
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Edusouls(m): 7:57am On Mar 05
An average Nigerian is a comported thief irrelevant of religion, tribe , or family background this is a natural DNA of people of this country

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Goodlady(f): 7:57am On Mar 05
SensualMan:
The head of financial and narcotic crime is on the throne with Cardoso his boy overseeing and taking percentage of bank frauds.
But Nigeria has always been bad before Tinubu. You look ugly as you dey cry ebinpawa. I feel ya misery. Are you married?
If so how ya wife dey cope?
You get pikins?
If you never get no born o!
Cos na suffering united una dey!
Is the boy below one of ya son?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Marvieduke(f): 7:58am On Mar 05
EFCC we know that one
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by DiskJokeyManic: 7:58am On Mar 05
Bfor nko😐😐😐.... Bank work na work?? Work dat dey can just wakeup one morning ND sack u fr notin.... So what do you expect dos sacked workers to do??😐😐
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by joseph1832(m): 7:58am On Mar 05
Tell them.
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Jayhome24: 7:58am On Mar 05
Then go after the bank staff and flush them out.
Re: 70 Percent Of Financial Crimes In Nigeria Connected To Banks - EFCC by Bfly: 7:59am On Mar 05
Wetin bank wan do? They are private profit making organizations. They don’t operate as security agencies.
We have security agencies go after them. Checkmate the banks found wanting and the criminals and stop talking thrash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Fraudster For A Defrauding POS Operators In Jigawa / Lagos Police Arrest Ex-Convict Who Works With Prisoner To Threaten Residents / NAPTIP Arrests 2 Human Traffickers, Seizes 28 International Passports, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.