Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market (22444 Views)

Naira Continues Free Fall On Official Window, Trades N1482.57/$ / U.S Oil Gains For The 9th Consecutive Week / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:10pm On Mar 05
The exchange rate between the naira and the dollar strengthened for the third consecutive day, closing at N1,534.9/$1 on the official market. This marks the strongest level the naira has reached in 7 days.

The official NAFEX rate, which serves as the average rate and benchmark rate used by the CBN, was quoted at N1,567.65 on March 1st, 2024.

The intra-day high reached N1,600/$1, while the intra-day low was N1,425/$1.

The official exchange rate has remained below N1,600 since February 28th, indicating a gradual return to stability in the official market.

Why the Naira is gaining
Checks from Nairametrics reveal that the exchange rate last traded above N1,600/$1 on February 28th, when it sold for N1,609.51/$1.

Since then, it has sold for N1,595.11 and N1,548.25 on February 29th and March 1st, respectively, establishing a trend that should reassure policymakers.

The official exchange rate fell to N1,615.94/$1 as the central bank intensified its efforts to combat inflation.

- The apex bank raised its benchmark monetary policy rate to 22.75%, sold over N3 trillion in Treasury Bills and OMO bills combined, and also introduced new guidelines for the operation of BDCs.
- It commenced the sale of forex to BDC operators while also banning over 4,000 operators for failing to meet its licensing requirements.
- CBN Governor Yemi Cardoso also hosted a virtual event with foreign portfolio investors, continuing to advocate for hot money inflows.
- The apex bank also clamped down on the cryptocurrency trading platform Binance, collaborating with security agencies to restrict their operations.
- While it is unclear if these actions are the reasons for the strengthening exchange rate, analysts suggest that a market equilibrium may be emerging.

Forex turnover in the last three days of trading has improved, averaging $250 million per day, up from $160 million per day a week earlier.

- Despite these improvements in the official market, the exchange rate on the parallel market was quoted at around N1,600/$1, according to information obtained from a cross-section of parallel market operators.
- Operators report an increase in demand at the beginning of the week, as more Nigerians looked to buy than sell.
- Nevertheless, this marks a significant improvement from the record low of N1,880 recorded on February 22nd.
https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/05/exchange-rate-gains-for-third-straight-day-on-official-market/?amp=1

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by MasterJayJay: 3:16pm On Mar 05
After 6 months, we will know if there is progress or not.

All these tiny fluctuations no be wetin we go chop.

Dollar was 700 naira after naira was floated last year. It is 1,500 naira today.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by slaawomirr: 3:21pm On Mar 05
Damnnn niggar

Exchange rate better gain
Because there is a particular hp laptop I want to buy and the Exchange rate is fuccking me up

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by DEXTROVERT: 3:21pm On Mar 05
How
Do
I
Withdraw
My
$50
On
Binance

Naira
Don
Gain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Thundafireseun: 3:21pm On Mar 05
This will not force the prices of things that have already gone up to go down

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by mycar: 3:21pm On Mar 05
It gained nothing. a simple google search is enough to diffuse this lie. it instead declined further

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Blackfire(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05
In one month ...

I will either be at gain or loss

I change 1300... per dollar

I have 100,000 dollar

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by meditator(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05
MasterJayJay:
After 6 months, we will know if there is progress or not.

All these tiny fluctuations no be wetin we go chop.

Dollar was 700 naira after naira was floated last year. It is 1,500 naira today.
One of the enemies of Nigeria spotted. This news pain u die. Let me add salt to your injury by reminding u that "Obi will never be President of my country"

301 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Flame333: 3:22pm On Mar 05
You cannot give what you don't have..

Just weeping for this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by brightovio007(m): 3:22pm On Mar 05
Make e nor reach 4k to 1$ before the year go end o.
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by BigDawsNet: 3:22pm On Mar 05
1,500 is gain?

Get it back at 750 den we can clapp for u

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Earthquakes: 3:23pm On Mar 05
Where is it gaining am confused shocked
Yesterday I changed CAD to naira at #1,140 today it is #1,170.
Please which site is FG is using or what indexes are they using to calculate the gains undecided

12 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by brightovio007(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05
My turn master

18 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by BucketMan: 3:23pm On Mar 05
Insignificant change

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Donpuffy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05
Damn
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Jez9(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05
We are still watching..
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by spiSeyi: 3:24pm On Mar 05
The USD will hover around 700-800 Naira before the end of the year, then from there let's where we go as a nation cool . I only pity those who bought @1800, the best bet for them is to sell now because Naira will trade @ 1,300 on or before the end of the first quarter

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Cmanforall: 3:24pm On Mar 05
Good

Hope prices of goods will go down

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Kobicove(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05
Good news for once today smiley

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by press9jatv: 3:25pm On Mar 05
Na this type of forecast that they will be telling Nigerians till the 4 end. Nigerians should understand better by now

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Drjones109(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05
Otilor
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Bayajjidda: 3:25pm On Mar 05
meditator:
One of the enemies of Nigeria spotted. This news pain u die. Let me add salt to your injury by reminding u that "Obi will never be President of my country"

1.Do you as a person own a country?
2. Is it over your dead body?
Reply please I want to be sure, especially question 2.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Boldideas: 3:25pm On Mar 05

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Ancecoker(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05
grin
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by Bubu4Sea: 3:26pm On Mar 05
Water go find ein level

The naira is useless becos the govt does not back Nigerian businesses.

Imagine that UK is allowed to fly to Lagos & Abuja but Nigeria can't fly to Heathrow.

It shows that the Nigerian govt protects our colonisers not us, likewise they are more interested in protecting the colonisers currency than ours.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by MasterJayJay: 3:26pm On Mar 05
meditator:
Refugee dey shout 'my country'. Na to report you make dem deport you.

9 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by SensualMan: 3:27pm On Mar 05
Who says Jagaban is not working? Enemies from within.

Mazi Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu on your mandate I stand Gidigba!

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05
Ebimpawa oooo
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by 190: 3:27pm On Mar 05
Gain as in how?

Na MMA Match!

PFuck that Naira currency
Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by TrennixGLOBAL: 3:27pm On Mar 05
Ibrahimcoomasie:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/05/exchange-rate-gains-for-third-straight-day-on-official-market/?amp=1

The naira is just accumulating and swinging in one range bound movement and you call it Appreciating?

You nigerians are just so gullible for your so-called government to manipulate.

Watch how a single dubious action by them which they have always done will shoot the dollar up again.

Naira to hit 2000/$ in coming months....MARK THIS

First it was AbokiFx,
Next, it was Binance.
The next to be blamed would be??

Lets watch out!!

Regardless, forget Binance and lets help you convert your crypto funds to any foreign currency you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/8015684/withdraw-crypto-coins-skrill-funds-naira

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Gains For Third Straight Day On Official Market by allthingsgood: 3:27pm On Mar 05
At this rate is $1 = N1 still possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Ikotun On Fire (Photos) / Agro industrial areas in Anambra State (photos And Video) / The Most Lucrative Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.