Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu (16645 Views)

Nigeria Needs Restructuring / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria's Security Architecture Has Failed, Needs Restructuring / Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Racoon(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Wednesday, admitted that restructuring of Nigeria would be the right step towards salvaging the country but emphasised that proper foundation must be laid before embracing restructuring.

The National Publicity Secretary of the Pan Yoruba sociopolitical group, Afenifere, Comrade Jare Ajani, made this known after a private visit of President Tinubu to the leader of the group, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, Ondo state capital. According to Ajayi, after the indoor meeting with Afenifere leaders, Tinubu said the country cannot be restructured in a haste without proper foundation, saying the restructuring may collapse very soon but assured that it would be done to reposition the country.

Ajayi said the President also understands that Nigerians are suffering and said “On the hardship Nigerians are facing, he (Tinubu) assured that very soon Nigeria will overcome it, and its a matter of time because the kind of the policies government is implementing will bring positive solution to the challenges.”

According to him, the President who asked Nigerians not to pity him over the enormous task of nation-building before him, said when he took the oath of office, that he pledged his allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, that he knows what he is facing.

I’m quoting him now; “I prayed for it, I dance for it, I campaigned for it and I got it. I know the enormous of responsibility so don’t pity me Baba just sit down and relax.” He (Tinubu) assured Nigerians that the struggle he understood and that he is trying to build the structures that will not be reversed.

“He said that structure he is trying to put in place in Nigeria economically, socially, and politically would be such that it would bring Nigeria back to where it is supposed to be. He said that Nigerians should grow our foods. That we should eat the food we grow. Doing so would wean us from depending on foods from foreign sources. A nation that fully depends on food from outside can not get it.

The leader of the group, Fasoranti charged Tinunu to address the issues of restructuring and constitutional reforms to bring out the best of the country as experienced during the first Republic.

Fasoranti said “Your performance so far has shown that you understood the full gravity of your mandate which is to show the Nigerian people that a good government is possible.

“It is now incumbent on you to address this issue of constitutional reforms with courage, fairness, and determination. We know we cannot return to the past, but we have to seek a future where regional competitions would bring out the best in our country as they did during the First Republic.

“We seek therefore a true Federal Republic that would reflect fiscal federalism. If derivation principle is good for oil, why is it not good for Value Added Tax for example? We believe a review of the 2014 National Constitutional Conference would help you in charting the course”

“Mr President, please also seek institutional reforms that would strengthen our federation and make Nigeria safer and more prosperous. Try and balance the budget and execute capital projects that would create more employment. We thank you for welcoming the idea of state policing.

“We want each of the geopolitical zones to have greater responsibilities for security, food production, and infrastructural development. Since the removal of fuel subsidy, which was costing Nigeria 10 billion dollars yearly, the state governments have been receiving hefty allocations from the Federation account.

“Mr President should persuade the governors to allow this change of fortune for the states to reflect at the grassroots so that life can be better for our people. They should not just buy rice and yams for the people.

“They should create employment, improve education and build new infrastructures. Today, life is truly challenging for most people and the state governments have an important role to play to transform the society”.

The Afenifere leader stated further; “In Yorubaland, we do not seek for any special treatment or unfair advantage. We know you are our own but you now belong to all Nigerians, your mandate was freely given by the people of Nigeria and blessed by God. Therefore, Mr President continues to govern fairly and courageously and with the fear of God.

“That is what we expect. That is what we know you will do. You know that since the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the Yoruba people, led by Afenifere, have been at the forefront of the campaign for the restructuring of Nigeria.

“For the people of the South-West, restructuring also has a more pressing meaning. Today, Nigeria has a population of 200 million which would double in the next 25 years to 400 million.

“However, the South-West is facing an avalanche of migration from the other zones of the country to the extent that in 25 years’ time, if the current trend continues, the South-West would be home to 50 percent of the population of Nigeria.

“By this time the states of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo would be home to at least 200 million people. We need to plan for this eventuality on a regional scale. We need to be prepared so that our regiqon would not be overwhelmed by imported challenges”
[/ i]

[i]The elder statesman said “You have done well with trying to reposition our economy and reform the Public Service. We salute your courage in tackling many issues that have remained unresolved for many years. It is an act of courage and sagacity for you to adopt the Oronsanye Report as the basis to reform the Public Service. This is a welcome development”

At the country home of the late governor Rotimi Akeredolu, President Tinubu who was received by the widow of the late Governor, Chief Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, appreciated Tinubu and the Southwest governors for their support.

Mrs. Akeredolu single-handedly singled out the Lagos state governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-olu, for bringing the body of her husband to Nigeria for burial. She said “On behalf of my family, I appreciate Mr. President. We understood he couldn’t attend the burial ceremony due to the dictate of Yoruba culture. He couldn’t have attended the burial of his younger brother.

“Coming today is a big deal because we are in a better atmosphere. I also express my profound gratitude to the Southern Governors for their immense financial contributions to the burial. Most especially, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-olu, who singlehandedly brought Aketi’s remains back to Nigeria. We appreciate this huge show of love and we are grateful and forever indebted to him.

The President, who was on a private visit to condole with widow and children of the late as well as his siblings, was accompanied by Chief Bisi Akande and Chief Pius Akinyelure
Family members who received the President alongside the former First Lady are Late Akeredolu’s First son, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu Jnr; Dr. Teni Micheal and her husband, Olatunde Micheal; Mrs. Yejide Rusewe, Esq, and her husband, Engr. Lakunle Rusewe; and Babajide Akeredolu.

Also present were Akeredolu’s siblings, Prof. Wole Akeredolu and Toyin Akeredolu. The Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state, Engr. Ade Adetimehin, who joined the family during the meeting.

The President also visited the palace of Olowo of Owo to commiserate with the monarch and people of the town over the passing of the former governor, whom he said his legacy will endure forever.

Tinubu said Akeredolu left when the ovation was loudest, said: “This sentiment should inspire us to live each day with purpose, to pursue our goals with determination, and to leave behind a legacy that will be remembered fondly by those whose lives we have touched”

“He truly embodied courage and fearlessness, especially in his relentless pursuit for good governance. I can only describe him as a fearless fighter, his unwavering commitment to the welfare of his people and his courageous nature will always be remembered” said Tinubu

Others in attendance are; Ondo state Governor, Lucky Ayedatiwa, Ekiti State Governor, Abiodun Oyebanji, Ondo state Deputy Governor, Dr Olayide Adelami, and Speaker House of Assembly, Olamide Oladiji.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigeria-needs-restructuring-with-proper-foundation-tinubu/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Slytiger: 3:33pm On Mar 05
This is why I am for regionalism, or some form of highly conservative, or even nationalist style of government by the regions. To summarize, restructure the country.

Instead of others to hold their own governors, state assembly members, LGA chairmen, and supervisors responsible, they instead move from less prosperous regions to more prosperous regions. Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

When those prosperous regions protest for more good governance, these migrants from the other region mock them. SWesterners, please continue to protest and push for good governance.

“For the people of the South-West, restructuring also has a more pressing meaning. Today, Nigeria has a population of 200 million which would double in the next 25 years to 400 million.

However, the South-West is facing an avalanche of migration from the other zones of the country to the extent that in 25 years’ time, if the current trend continues, the South-West would be home to 50 percent of the population of Nigeria.

“By this time the states of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo would be home to at least 200 million people. We need to plan for this eventuality on a regional scale. We need to be prepared so that our regiqon would not be overwhelmed by imported challenges”

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by GanagiBitrus: 3:34pm On Mar 05
Restructure the Country & devolve more powers + Resources Control to the regions.
Let every region compete & strive to be self-sufficient. You would be surprised the progress made by each region after a decade.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Racoon(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05
Whao! So this one now knows that being itchy after sniffing white powder is not political sagacity.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Racoon(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05
“Your performance so far has shown that you understood the full gravity of your mandate which is to show the Nigerian people that a good government is possible.

Meanwhile, “On the hardship Nigerians are facing, he (Tinubu) assured that very soon Nigeria will overcome it, and its a matter of time because the kind of the policies government is implementing will bring positive solution to the challenges.”

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by RepoMan007: 3:39pm On Mar 05
Foundation of power snatching by thugs.
Foundation of wastage.
Foundation of trial and error.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by SoNature(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05
I love this! A man from the South South is heading the senate, while another from the South West is heading the executive. Let's get Nigeria to work for all! You have no excuse not to restructure this country now!

However, the South-West is facing an avalanche of migration from the other zones of the country to the extent that in 25 years’ time, if the current trend continues, the South-West would be home to 50 percent of the population of Nigeria

No need to fear. Allow all states/regions control their resources, execute their capital projects, have their state police and pay taxes to the centre. Afterwards, there won't be any need for everyone to go to Lagos just to get jobs and import goods into the country.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Slytiger: 3:43pm On Mar 05
Racoon:
Whao! So this one now know that being itchy after sniffing white powder is not political sagacity.
That is all you can make out from the article you posted? Shame on you...

Anyway, restructure is back on the table. Thanks for sharing.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Watianoengineer(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05
Even though things are a bit difficult at the moment, I don't regret voting for you and rejecting the incompetent Peter Obi that couldn't achieve anything with anambra. We taught him political lessons he will never forget and we are ready to do more to support president Tinubu. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family including you reading my comment. Amen

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by AllahOfBlood: 3:44pm On Mar 05
grin

In the other words baba meant to say restructuring can't work now cos it's my turn. Let me finish my looting in peace

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by bnanny: 3:44pm On Mar 05
Slytiger:
This is why I am for regionalism, or some form of highly conservative, or even nationalist style of government by the regions.

Instead of others to hold their own governors, state assembly members, LGA chairma, and supervisors responsible, they instead move from less prosperous regions to more prosperous regions. Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. When those prosperous regions protest for more good governance, these migrants from the other region mock them. SWesterners, please continue to protest and push for good governance.

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by adamusuleiman1: 3:44pm On Mar 05
Slytiger:
This is why I am for regionalism, or some form of highly conservative, or even nationalist style of government by the regions.

Instead of others to hold their own governors, state assembly members, LGA chairma, and supervisors responsible, they instead move from less prosperous regions to more prosperous regions. Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. When those prosperous regions protest for more good governance, these migrants from the other region mock them. SWesterners, please continue to protest and push for good governance.

👇

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Emyogalanya: 3:45pm On Mar 05
THIS Language is what his oga at the top does not want to hear This one wants his employees to sack him with all means including but not limited to " C d TAT "

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by bestman09(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05
cheesy
Let action do the talking!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by PriNceNova(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05
I see
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by spiSeyi: 3:46pm On Mar 05
PBAT is up to something underneath that will shock the North grin ,you can be enjoying the tax from what you called haram wink . I know that PBAT will restructure Nigeria because he is the only that has the iron balls to do what Yaradua, GEJ and PMB couldn't do for years even OBJ (Nigeria might have been better than this if the fuel subsidy was removed when we have no or little debt and during the early 2000s oil boom), each states will manage its resources, Oronsaye report will be implemented and that will affect unproductive workers so be prepared for NLC jamboree grin.
Nigeria won't go back to regionalism this time around, and this restructuring will shake more governors. Lots of unproductive states will have no choice than to merge.
May God grant PBAT the will to carry on cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Mpcoll001: 3:46pm On Mar 05
Make dem dey play

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by etrange: 3:46pm On Mar 05
OK... Everyone has been throwing the word "restructuring" around, but I'm sure some people have different ideas of what it really means for Nigeria. As they say, the devil is in the details. The word itself simply means "to organize differently", and as such, a whole lot of things could qualify as restructuring. So instead of just saying 'restructuring,', I think we should be talking about what the new structure should be like. Otherwise, we might find ourselves in a what-we-ordered-vs-what-got situation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Racoon(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05
Slytiger:
That is all you can make out from the article you posted? Shame on you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by BigYash: 3:46pm On Mar 05
SoNature:
I love this! A man from the South South is heading the senate. Let's get Nigeria to work for all!
What's he doing there? Is it not to lie,and mock citizens over hardship. He recently said governors were given money,which turned out to be false. A senate president o. Na that kind person wan make country work for you? Dey play

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by JohnieWalker12(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05
Clueless government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Bobotic(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05
Baba Do Something, De Steering Dey Your Hand grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by checky619: 3:47pm On Mar 05
Restructuring until half of the population dies of hardship and hunger…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by meum: 3:47pm On Mar 05
Oya na
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by tiswell(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Blackfire(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05
Is it the Nigeria you didn't believe in??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by wunmi590(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05

When you know that the country need to be restructured with better foundation, then please provide the necessary foundation needed to restructure the country, if that's what will better the country...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Yonline: 3:47pm On Mar 05
just waking up. thumbs up sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Boldideas: 3:48pm On Mar 05
Racoon:
https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigeria-needs-restructuring-with-proper-foundation-tinubu/

He is right! The way the so called Fulanis and elitist from Northern Nigeria have destroyed Nigeria because they believe they have the right to do so shows that Nigeria truly needs restructuring.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by Inspirer1: 3:48pm On Mar 05
Proper foundation
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by omoredia: 3:48pm On Mar 05
Who are u telling? See mumu

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by 004gist: 3:48pm On Mar 05
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Court Case Shifted To 28th June 2022 - Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor / Solders’ Killing: Troops Won’t Leave Creeks Until Culprits Are Caught – Army / Jega To Retire With Seven National Commissioners, 16 Recs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.