Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! (11264 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Audi Users - What Have You Done To Your Car Since You Bought It? :) / HELP ME OH!!! I NEED AN AUDI MECHANIC @IYANA ITIRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
Hello Guys,
I just bought an Audi A6, 2001 model a few weeks ago and from the words of people I think I have just made the biggest mistake of my life. They go on about the very huge cost of maintaining Audi's, lack of spare parts, unavailability of competent Audi mechanics and the list goes on. It has gotten so bad now that I am even afraid of driving it and thinking seriously about selling it FAST. But in the mean time, I would like to have the experiences of Nairaland Audi owners here in Nigeria.
1. How cheap/expensive is it to maintain?
2. Parts? is it easy to obtain? is it cheap or expensive?
3. Labour--where can I get competent Audi mechanics in Lagos?

I really need this information before I sell my beloved Audi and buy a cheapo japanese car that any roadside mechanic can work on.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ Right now, is your Audi A6 giving you any issues?
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Baba Siena,
I just bought it and I haven't used it at all, so I have no problems with it. But the cost of maintaining it is making me afraid. with all my enquiries I am yet to discover any competent Audi mechanic here in Lagos. I am really confused now, it would hurt me to see her go, but I cant wreak myself financially just to maintain a car. Please advice.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ Bro, you have nothing to worry about with regards maintenance of your Audi A6. Please don't allow incompetent roadside mechanics brainwash you, and make you get rid of a perfectly good car. Any technician that's conversant with Volkswagen (of which there are many in Nigeria) will be familiar with the mechanicals and electrics of your Audi.

Of course, a car is as reliable as the techs that work on it. Use el cheapo can cost you dear in the long run. Use a proper Volkswagen tech / garage, and you'll be rewarded with a long-lasting car. It may seem expensive, but you're paying for skill and experience. Roadside mechanics will ruin even the most basic of cars, with their trial and error methods.

Take a look at this thread, it may be of interest, and help to you:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=781259.msg9342893#msg9342893
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks Baba Siena,
If I am going to keep the car, which I am not too sure about yet, what are the day to day things I need to do to keep her in good running? Bearing in mind that I know Zilch about cars?
Tips and tricks?
thanks
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2011
To my other Nairaland Audi users, How do you guys take care of your audi's? where do you go for parts and repairs? Kindly reply oh!!!
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 13, 2011
I'll do a write-up on the regular maintenance items on your Audi A6. As with most modern cars, there are no daily checks to be done.

As per parts, there are several outlets (Volkswagen) locally or imports. I'll give you details tomorrow, it's pretty late here, will be turning in soon.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by sultaan(m): 5:19am On Nov 13, 2011
^^^ I thing a general write up on maintenance and how to's should be compiled in a FAQ thread.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by pystar: 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
This looks like an interesting topic. Baba Siena,we are all waiting for your writeup. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by inspiredm(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
8ightball,

If Everyone is to go By What Nigerian Roadside Mechanic tells US, We wont be driving any other Car Make and Model other than Toyota Camry 4 cylinder.

Do you know they have condemned several Japanese Cars too ?

Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano and any V6 Powered Engine, Even Toyota Camry V6 Has been Condemned.

This is 2011 Brother, There is OBD Scanner to detect any Fault, No More trial and error guesswork from incompetent Mechanics that have refused to broaden their knowledge.

Like Siena said, Any VW competent garage Can handle your Audi, its No Big deal.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by eddy42k(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2011
my brother if u er selling that ur audi let me know . av used an audi and i know alot about it DONT BE BRAINWASHED audi is one car i can neva talk bad about ,although the maitenance could be a little higher than that of the regular jap car ,but audi especialy a6 a4 and so on dont have regular isues KEEP THAT RIDE cos u will enjoy if u have a good maintenance culture my piece
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by dejideoye(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2011
Look bro,you need not bother your head,I'm a dealer and I drive an Audi too! While it is true that incompetent roadside mechanics can validate all you've heard, same goes for all brands of cars. Get a good mechanic and let me give u few tips
Check ur oil level and water level every couple of days, be obsevant,use your dashboard indicators well. I would've recommended my mechanic but I'm based in Ibadan but you can call me anytime and I'll help you confirm anything from my spare parts dealer and mechanic

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Erdington(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
I have been driving an Audi A6 for 4years now and i can confidently tell you that all that is been said about Audi,being expensive and difficult to maintain is all rubbish. Most time,its better to buy genuine parts for your car,so that once you change it,it gives you value for your money.I dont live in Nigeria,but the only problem i see in Nigeria are the roads.Audi A6 is a bit low to the ground,compared to Audi A4,apart from that,there are mechanics in Lagos etc,that uses computer to check out faults,once that is done,it automatically tells you the problem with your car and you fix same.Even in Europe,we but spare parts from scrap yards,so your matori etc,will surely have Audi spare parts.But i will tell you that Audi,rarely gives you problems.its a german machine! Make sure you check the oils,water levels,air levels in the tyre etc(the basic checks) and the car will serve you.Dont listen to scare mongers.There will be times you will need to buy spare parts,there are Volkswagen spares in Nigeria and i am sure they'l stock Audi parts too. or check ebay,you can get them there.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by zylkenny(m): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2011
iyana itire in lagos has almost all the parts you`ll think of in an audi. they sell tokunbohs mostly. that`s where i buy most parts for my audi a6

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Zhl_kenny
What mechanic do you use?
@Baba Sienna
I am still awaiting your maintenance write up.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 5:29am On Nov 14, 2011
smiley
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by UkEmmaxin(m): 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2011
Pls, Nairalanders how do you post your topic in nairaland site here please somebody help me out am boring over it, please direct me.

thanks.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by stolenstone: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
@Op, omo how you go dey talk dis kain thing na Nice ride like that? U dey listen to every-every wey dey our street. If u no wan cable d ride bring am make i cable am for u!
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by ralphilo(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
When i wanted to buy my Audi A4, alot of people especially mechanics discouraged me, but i still went ahead to buy it and have been enjoying it since 2009. The only thing i have done is servicing. I can tell you that Audi cars are good, strong and reliable. GERMAN MACHINE.Am really enjoying my A4. You can get virtually all Audi parts at Iyana Itire. Any technician that is good with VW cars can repair Audi cars.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
Audi cars are one of the best and reliable cars to use, so dont let anyone brainwash you into thinking that u made a mistake buyin one.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Demoladoc: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
i drive an audi Q5 in south Africa and its d best car over. Bought it new in june and d experience is heavenly mostly because the roads in SA are lovely and there are numerous audi dealers with genuine parts here.
As for nija i think the problem is not limited to audi alone, all cars suffer from bad roads, poor mechanics and too many fake parts.

Just make sure you look for genuine audi dealers who will handle your car with respect
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by OlaPhils(m): 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
audi 2001, oh boy u no see audi 2011 for market. do u think u can still get the parts for market? no body pray make him car get accident cos na only from accident audi u fit get ur own parts. right now, germans are producing parts for latest audi not scrape ones grin grin grin grin grin grin thank u sir
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ola Phils:

audi 2001, oh boy u no see audi 2011 for market. do u think u can still get the parts for market? no body pray make him car get accident cos na only from accident audi u fit get your own parts. right now, germans are producing parts for latest audi not scrape ones grin grin grin grin grin grin thank u sir

And your point is? Sometimes, it's best to think, before you type. Your post has zero credibility.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by mrchuckz: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
guy just buy a scantool for abt 20-25k. i drive a6 @ d moment. its a 4 wheel drive (quattro) im enjoying it. i scan it whenever i see a warning light. it d best car i ve ever driven.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by BabaEleko(m): 1:21am On Nov 15, 2011
I don't f with audi but the rate at which my old man in naija replaces audi with audi makes me believe he is having a happy married life with audi. grin enjoy ur ride bro.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by zebudaya(m): 1:57am On Nov 15, 2011
The only problem I have is that your Audi is 10 years old. I would only buy an Audi with warranty because the parts are very expensive. I would not buy a 10 year old Audi. That being said you have already bought it. You might as well drive the thing and find a good mechanic. No need to be scared. You don pull trigger already.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by kruku: 4:53am On Nov 15, 2011
Hi 8ightball
the truth is that A4 and A6 are expensive to maintain. they have many electronics sensors the have livespans. this does not prevent you from enjoying your ride. understands that the numbers of qualified mechanics are dropping by the day in nigeria are more advanced technology come into the automobile industry.
two key advices are
1 read very well about your car especially before going to the mechanic. use the Web. There are lot and lot of on line help and the ebay to buy parts.
2. do not patronise just every mechanic!
Enjoy ur ride Brother! good luck.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2011
kruku:

Hi 8ightball
the truth is that A4 and A6 are expensive to maintain. they have many electronics sensors the have livespans.

Bro, you're wrong there. I challenge you to tell me all the "sensors" the Audi A4 / A6 has over any other modern car. You're forgetting these "sensors" are not made by Audi or other car manufacturer. These are generally manufactured by Bosch, Hella, Hella, Hitachi, Nippondenso, Ducellier, Paris-Rhone etc. And all operating conditions being equal, the life spans of these "sensors" will be the same, regardless of the car you drive.

Nigerian mechanics will tell you "oga, make you no buy dat motor o, ee too get sensor, na wahala, if ee spoil, no pesin go fit repair am." That is pure rubbish, simply used to cover their inadequacies.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by pystar: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2011
Baba Siena,
We are still expecting your Audi maintenance writeup. Pls
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by zylkenny(m): 11:52am On Nov 15, 2011
8ightball:

@Zhl_kenny
What mechanic do you use?
@Baba Sienna
I am still awaiting your maintenance write up.

i use a regular roadside mechanic who`s very good with volkswagon cars. he`s pretty good and somewhat honest
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by delpee(f): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
Uk Emmaxin:

Pls, Nairalanders how do you post your topic in nairaland site here please somebody help me out am boring over it, please direct me.

thanks.

Go to the relevant section to post. Click on new topic.
Re: Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! by 8ightball: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
Mr Sienna?
still waiting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria. / What Are The Dangers Involved In Doubling Head Gaskets / What Kind Of Car Can One Get For, Say, 250-300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.